• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT6| There Are Those Who Said This Day Would Never Come

MrBig

Hydranockz said:
Who knew retail copies would sell far more than the GoD version that released months after?
Are you really blaming the consumer? Support everything or hold it back. Don't release something that isn't finished.

Hey You

Hmm, I'll have to check out the gametype. Gonna put my cousin to bed in about an hour and half, hopefully some customs will be going?

ElRenoRaven

MrBig said:
Are you really blaming the consumer? Support everything or hold it back. Don't release something that isn't finished.

I have to agree on this. I'm lucky and still have my retail copy but some did buy the Games on Demand and did give away their old copies when they were assured that the update version was as good as the retail. So it's kind of shitty for them to get screwed. I'm sure it wasn't intentional but someone should have thought of those two versions and caught this before the update was released.

SailorDaravon said:
Not even sure what you're getting at.
That the majority of the players have the retail disc (as is kind of expected), so they all have updated games. I can only imagine the players who a)have a GoD/Preview copy of the game and b)are playing right now are far, far fewer in number.

Hydranockz said:
Who knew retail copies would sell far more than the GoD version that released months after?
A customer is a customer, regardless of source.

Technology and work processes are complicated, hopefully they can get it sorted asap.

feel

Booshka said:
Put the damage back on 100% too
MrBig said:
I just copypasted that list, and forgot to take out the damage change. Don't alter that for a better experience.
I left it unchanged.

Playing a game on Tempest Lockout with some friends.

INCREDIBLE.

343i puts a playlist with these halo 2 esque settings on matchmaking and all the maps, and I will fly there and blow everyone on the studio.

Zeouterlimits said:
A customer is a customer, regardless of source.

Technology and work processes are complicated, hopefully they can get it sorted asap.
I agree.

Maybe my later post clarifies my point more?

:lol at the hour btw :p

Retro

BlueScrote said:
Retro violated me with the pistol

Heh, sorry for picking such a big map with just the two of us. Though Frankie and Loop popped in briefly there.

What the hell happened, actually? It seemed like there were two full groups of people and then suddenly one group was gone.

Still on, just hanging out. GT: Retrogames, if a slot opens up or whatever...

MrDaravon

Hydranockz said:
That the majority of the players have the retail disc (as is kind of expected), so they all have updated games. I can only imagine the players who a)have a GoD/Preview copy of the game and b)are playing right now are far, far fewer in number.

Obviously. I wasn't disputing that, more the fact that two versions of the game exist (one of which you can purchase on Xbox Live right now) that are basically fucked. I honestly don't understand how they can't get the TU up to either version.

The only playlist I can get games in without obscene wait times is Zombies, and randoms in the lobby are bitching about not being able to find games without understanding what's going on. This was poorly done.

SailorDaravon said:
Obviously. I wasn't disputing that, more the fact that two versions of the game exist (one of which you can purchase on Xbox Live right now) that are basically fucked. I honestly don't understand how they can't get the TU up to either version.

The only playlist I can get games in without obscene wait times is Zombies, and randoms in the lobby are bitching about not being able to find games without understanding what's going on. This was poorly done.
Didn't Frankie come in and say earlier that they have different game IDs so they have to be updated separately? Poorly done when not even 24 hours passed is maybe a tad too harsh when there would obviously have been the transition phase where some wouldn't have the update.

Just got done with some customs. Still feel the same about the pistol. It's going to need a hard nerfing otherwise I can see the complaints now. Bloomless DMR + faster movement speed, I can strafe again, hallelujah.

Hydranockz said:
Didn't Frankie come in and say earlier that they have different game IDs so they have to be updated separately? Poorly done when not even 24 hours passed is maybe a tad too harsh when there would obviously have been the transition phase where some wouldn't have the update.
Poorly done as in Matchmaking is essentially down for us. If matchmaking went down for this long unexpectedly for everyone, wouldn't you agree it was poorly done? What if it went down just for people whose gamertags start with the letter H? Maybe then you'd sympathize alongside me.

Fuck this bullshit.

MrDaravon

Hydranockz said:

Right, and I have no idea what technical stuff is involved; I'm not actually disputing what he stated is the issue. But the fact that somehow preview and GoD copies of Reach somehow cannot be updated as the regular version is, and as such completely breaks fucking Matchmaking for people is sort of a big deal. I'm sure on the backend there's good reason why, but as a front-end user why my friend who bought a copy can play but my other friend who bought it digitally from Microsoft has essentially a broken game is mindboggling to me. I'm sure they'll get it fixed sooner rather than later, but the fact that they even need to fix that sucks, and now has me worried as a preview disc owner that the same thing is going to happen in the future.

I'm just going to have to bail on this, it would take me forever to get 80+ more kills in Zombies. Hopefully they have this fixed tomorrow, or at least don't have Matchmaking challenges tomorrow :/

FyreWulff

SailorDaravon said:
Right, and I have no idea what technical stuff is involved; I'm not actually disputing what he stated is the issue. But the fact that somehow preview and GoD copies of Reach somehow cannot be updated as the regular version is, and as such completely breaks fucking Matchmaking for people is sort of a big deal. I'm sure on the backend there's good reason why, but as a front-end user why my friend who bought a copy can play but my other friend who bought it digitally from Microsoft has essentially a broken game is mindboggling to me. I'm sure they'll get it fixed sooner rather than later, but the fact that they even need to fix that sucks, and now has me worried as a preview disc owner that the same thing is going to happen in the future.

I'm just going to have to bail on this, it would take me forever to get 80+ more kills in Zombies. Hopefully they have this fixed tomorrow, or at least don't have Matchmaking challenges tomorrow :/

Luckily Thursday is usually Firefight Challenge day, so you should be good on that front for tomorrow.

SailorDaravon said:
Tomorrow is Thursday. It'll be Firefight mostly.

So the gametype got released? I'll be on in 10-15 minutes if anyone is still playing. I've missed four pages and I already feel like out of the loop. lol

Tried out the new gametype and it's a huge improvement. Though playing TF2 for the last few months has impacted just how slow default movement is, good lord. Can't strafe at all lol.

I had a few moments of pure serenity where someone was off to run a corner but I managed to kill them because bloom was no longer in the way. It feels so good.

MrDaravon

Yeah, I just realized tomorrow was Thursday, I have no idea what day it is lol

Can just do Score Attack, too bad I can't play Firefight with my friends like we usually do on Thursdays :(

And not to just be a negative Nancy, I do also really like the higher payouts on Challenges recently, so I do appreciate that 343!

Rickenslacker said:
Tried out the new gametype and it's a huge improvement. Though playing TF2 for the last few months has impacted just how slow default movement is, good lord. Can't strafe at all lol.

I had a few moments of pure serenity where someone was off to run a corner but I managed to kill them because bloom was no longer in the way. It feels so good.

We upped the speed to MLG settings on ours I think? Steely clarify. I can't imagine playing game after game with that DMR at the base speed.

::shudders::

Devolution said:
We upped the speed to MLG settings on ours I think? Steely clarify. I can't imagine playing game after game with that DMR at the base speed.

That's good though. Hopefully the Zero Bloom gametypes will be really fast because something will need to counter that RoF. MLG, should they ever adopt this, will be insaaane :p

Booshka

I agree with that sentiment for GoD owners, but not for Preview disc users, it was a beta disc testing out a new format, the fact that it has Reach on there working at all is great. I've played it for over 200 hours, and it could have not worked at all. Of course it is unfortunate that it isn't completely working now, but a TU for a game on a beta disc being incompatible for MM and making you unable to join TU users, for the few 1000 people that have it, and got it for free, isn't a huge deal. I'm saying this as a Preview disc user.

Hydranockz said:
That's good though. Hopefully the Zero Bloom gametypes will be really fast because something will need to counter that RoF. MLG, should they ever adopt this, will be insaaane :p

They were really fast. And with the base speed up I was able to juke/outstrafe a couple people, which to me is a good sign.

MrDaravon

Homeboyd said:
Matchmaking Firefight...

You can do most (all? don't recall) of those in Score Attack though, but it's still lame.

Booshka said:
I agree with that sentiment for GoD owners, but not for Preview disc users, it was a beta disc testing out a new format, the fact that it has Reach on there working at all is great. I've played it for over 200 hours, and it could have not worked at all. Of course it is unfortunate that it isn't completely working now, but a TU for a game on a beta disc being incompatible for MM and making you unable to join TU users, for the few 1000 people that have it, and got it for free, isn't a huge deal. I'm saying this as a Preview disc user.

Agreed, but MS advertised as the full game for you to keep. Honestly the only reason I kept it and gave my friend the retail disc (as opposed to the other way around) was I thought this would be more of a novelty/collectible. I'm just more baffled that this is even an issue at all.

Devolution said:

Nah it was 120 speed, no AA's. I through in 110 jump and 150 gravity as well.

I just saved it as a gametype for future use and switched jump to 125 because some of those jumps on Sanctuary were pretty hard.

Farooq said:
Does that mean they tweaked the movement?

Not sure actually. I just know that it felt cleaner, faster and was a hell of a lot less messy.

Steelyuhas said:
Nah it was 120 speed, no AA's. I through in 110 jump and 150 gravity as well.

I just saved it as a gametype for future use and switched jump to 125 because some of those jumps on Sanctuary were pretty hard.

Ah well whatever it was, it worked well imo. Good thing you saved it.

ElRenoRaven

Booshka said:

I would agree if Microsoft had not made it abundantly clear that it was for all intents and purposes it was the same as retail. If they had said well in the future it may not be compatible then yes I'd agree with you but as is no I don't.

OuterWorldVoice said:
not too long hopefully

Does that hopefully go for preview disc users too?

feel

Getting destroyed by my friends on ZBS Classic FFA. :( But loving every minute of it. :)

The Assault Rifle works well as a secondary weapon. It's almost useless except for almost point blank or in case of an emergency.

Devolution said:
A day without Halo, aren't you already an inheritor noobs?
Still do the challenges, and it's pretty fucking hard to get 120 multiplayer kills when you can search for two hours without finding a match.

Also, they threw away one of the challenges on Monday (I completed all 4 only to sign on to B.net Tuesday morn and see I was at 3/10 on the weekly). Not that this matters either since the challenge counters started fucking up weeks ago.

OuterWorldVoice said:
not too long hopefully
Save me, Frankie!

I had a bad day, and I'm really mostly upset that I can't enjoy the shiny new gametype with the rest if you.

Ramirez

Wait...is the TU ever going to be applied to the preview discs? It's all I have now, lol.

Yikes, saw the update, looks like I might be waiting a while. Worst case scenario, I just buy CEA in Novemeber and never have to play regular Reach maps ever again, I think I'd be ok with that.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
So what's up with melee bleed through? 3 shots and a melee doesn't kill and 4 shots just pops shields like it used to. If the guy is just a tad bit weak though, 3 shots and melee will kill him. 2 melees kills with MLG 75% settings. It's kinda weird lol.

Top Bottom