• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT6| There Are Those Who Said This Day Would Never Come

Homeboyd

SailorDaravon said:
You can do most (all? don't recall) of those in Score Attack though, but it's still lame.
Well yeah but it still requires Matchmaking.. I thought they were having problems accessing MM. My point was that no matter what the challenges are, they have to be done through MM (unless they're campaign related, which they wont be, they'd still require access to Live).

Edit: Just read the update.. was expecting to see a list of changes in the gametype offered. Didn't frankie mention there was lots of new stuff in this gametype outside of just zero bloom? I know damage bleedthrough (and melee lunge nerf?) were applied... anyone have any idea what else? AL nerf? Never tried it.

MrDaravon

Homeboyd said:
Well yeah but it still requires Matchmaking.. I thought they were having problems accessing MM. My point was that no matter what the challenges are, they have to be done through MM (unless they're campaign related, which they wont be, they'd still require access to Live).

No, we can still get into Matchmaking, the problem is preview/GoD people can only play each other, and that player population is significantly lower than the retail population, so it's an issue of literally getting enough people into a match (see my issues trying off and on all day just to get into SWAT). It probably really isn't helping that Gears 3 came out yesterday so everyone and their mother is playing that.

Homeboyd said:
They have access to live. Finding players still on 1.0 is the problem... right?

ElRenoRaven

Homeboyd said:

No they can access matchmaking but they can not play with others who have the update. So they can do score attack which is only them or search the other playlists for others on 1.0 but that could take longer and longer as less are on the old version and go to the new 1.1 Reach.

neoism

Plywood said:
FaPh7.jpg

Best friends ever list.

Thanks for the invites.
1ZK6x.png

GT: Xenolock

Anyone?
lol I invited you like 5 times....<3 also WTF :O my name is capitalized...:O on my end its ne0ism :?

orznge said:
Yeah like two videos of the same inputs side by side on both versions or something.

Pretty positive there is no difference, but no bloom narrows the area that you have to shoot, instantly making strafing and shooting much better (120 speed of course).

Also, not sure what people are talking about with the "dolphin gun" NR. It kills significantly slower than the pistol and DMR. It's not overpowered at all.

To the several parties I was in today, GG to all. Very fun times.

feel

Any ZBS Classic lobbies going on? My friends left and I'm itching to play some more, but I don't wanna play the dumb sprint/AA stuff.

Steelyuhas said:
Pretty positive there is no difference, but no bloom narrows the area that you have to shoot, instantly making strafing and shooting much better (120 speed of course).

Also, not sure what people are talking about with the "dolphin gun" NR. It kills significantly slower than the pistol and DMR. It's not overpowered at all.

To the several parties I was in today, GG to all. Very fun times.

If I'm not doin' anything this weekend I'm so up for some 4v4/5v5 customs with ZBS. Didn't really feel cheated out of a kill during any of those games. Even in lagsville I could get my headshots in. And if I died, I usually attributed it to me doin' something dumb like just running out there without cover.

Letters said:
Any ZBS Classic lobbies going on? My friends left and I'm itching to play some more, but I don't wanna play the dumb sprint/AA stuff.

That's what I was just playing, but I got off.

Devolution said:
If I'm not doin' anything this weekend I'm so up for some 4v4/5v5 customs with ZBS. Didn't really feel cheated out of a kill during any of those games. Even in lagsville I could get my headshots in. And if I died, I usually attributed it to me doin' something dumb like just running out there without cover.

Yeah, I will be down as well.
When I'm not drunk that is lol

Sorry for asking a dumb question, but where do I go to download the no-bloom update? The in-game message talked about a Halo Waypoint file share, but I have no idea how to access that. :/

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Letters, I'm assuming you played. Here's your chance, express your love for the TU. I wanna hear it :)

Falagard

Ramirez said:
Wait...is the TU ever going to be applied to the preview discs? It's all I have now, lol.

Yikes, saw the update, looks like I might be waiting a while. Worst case scenario, I just buy CEA in Novemeber and never have to play regular Reach maps ever again, I think I'd be ok with that.

The update makes regular Reach maps fun. Played Boardwalk and Zealot tonight in custom game with zero bloom gametype... sooo good.

Tashi

Falagard said:
I haven't played Reach in a couple months, game frustrates me in general. Played tonight and had more fun than I've ever had with Reach. Lol wut.

No I understand that part just now how it makes maps better.

ElRenoRaven

Ah. Gametype adjusted for proper start now. I have to say that without a doubt armorlock is going to play a lot differently then it did. It will be interesting to see how it plays with the changes. You can certainly notice them. I did in my testing of sticking myself with a sticky.

PsychoRaven said:
Ah. Gametype adjusted for proper start now. I have to say that without a doubt armorlock is going to play a lot differently then it did. It will be interesting to see how it plays with the changes. You can certainly notice them. I did in my testing of sticking myself with a sticky.

I'm glad it's changed but at the same time I don't see myself playin' many games with it in.

ElRenoRaven

Devolution said:
I'm glad it's changed but at the same time I don't see myself playin' many games with it in.

True. Assuming Classic++ is actually worth a damn compared to what Bungie did to the current classic I'll probably be all over it assuming it's team slayer. If not I'll sadly stick with default team slayer if that's the case cause I hate objective gametypes. The only two I remotely like are CTF and 1 flag CTF. The rest I just don't care for.

Falagard

Tashi0106 said:
Hmm. I didn't feel that. Well if it gets you to play Reach again, cool.

A simple example is that the gameplay is faster is almost all cases. You die quicker, you kill quicker. Having the sniper on Boardwalk doesn't mean you can keep people at bay from a distance, they can rush and kill you quickly if you can't get them in the first shot.

Changes the dynamics of the map, very hectic compared to normal play. Fast and fun.

ManBearPanda

Neo Member
Playing with my roommates, I've not had this much fun in Reach ever.

A couple of quick notes, coming from the short time with the TU:

-Pistol with the current magnetism/assist is ridiculous. This is further exacerbated by the player inertia/movement speed. I doubt this is even within the scope of the TU, but either removing the magnetism or setting it to something like the un-zoomed sniper rifle would be better. Otherwise, man it feels like Halo 1 again!

-DMR is soo gud.

-Bleedthrough is bitchin.

ManBearPanda said:
Playing with my roommates, I've not had this much fun in Reach ever.

A couple of quick notes, coming from the short time with the TU:

-Pistol with the current magnetism/assist is ridiculous. This is further exacerbated by the player inertia/movement speed. I doubt this is even within the scope of the TU, but either removing the magnetism or setting it to something like the un-zoomed sniper rifle would be better. Otherwise, man it feels like Halo 1 again!

-DMR is soo gud.

-Bleedthrough is bitchin.

Pistol is going to need a nerf, I'm already predicting this. You can just spam it at the body with relative ease and take someone out.

Tashi

Falagard said:
A simple example is that the gameplay is faster is almost all cases. You die quicker, you kill quicker. Having the sniper on Boardwalk doesn't mean you can keep people at bay from a distance, they can rush and kill you quickly if you can't get them in the first shot.

Changes the dynamics of the map, very hectic compared to normal play. Fast and fun.

A fair point.

I will say one thing I don't like about the removal of bloom is that now you're pretty much pulling the trigger as fast as you can 100% of the time. It just doesn't feel right, I don't like that. I like the dynamics of firing the DMR at different rates depending on the situation.

I would really love a locked firing rate and it being a 4 shot weapon. Ultimate BR.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
FyreWulff said:
Nope.

Would also like a ZeroBloom variant with bleedthrough removed.
actually there are a couple of minor fixes including the ability for 4gig xboxes to play coop online.

Top Bottom