• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT6| There Are Those Who Said This Day Would Never Come

Booshka

If I remove the Preview disc install, then install my friend's retail version, will I be able to play it with the Preview disc now booting to the retail install?

Devolution said:
Pistol is going to need a nerf, I'm already predicting this. You can just spam it at the body with relative ease and take someone out.

Hey! That pistol is beautiful! That's just me using science!

feel

Tashi0106 said:
Letters, I'm assuming you played. Here's your chance, express your love for the TU. I wanna hear it :)
Oh it's pretty great!! I like it a lot in Classic settings, DMR/AR start. The aceleration/inertia thing and the gritty visual filter still hold the game back a bit but it's still spectacular to see it play like this where every DMR kill feels fair and deserved, not random. Sucks I can't just jump into matchmaking and play ZBS Classic all night long without having to look for customs. As good as this is, who knows what kind of playlists they will end up having. It's all useless if I have to find people willing to play what I like in customs with me. The CEA playlist (CE magnum start) will be great I'm sure, but I don't want to miss out on the bloomless DMR and the old maps (zealot, countdown, reflection, etc) just because I'm avoiding the AAs. Crossing my fingers 343i delivers playlists for everyone's tastes.

But what do you think of the new gameplay behaviors introduced today??

FyreWulff said:
Nope.

Would also like a ZeroBloom variant with bleedthrough removed.
How exactly do you know this? Because you did your little home test and couldn't find any of the bugs that you checked for as being fixed.

PLEASE STOP STATING THINGS AS FACTS WHEN YOU HAVE NO IDEA.

Oh geez, Gears 3 is good.

So good in fact that I forgot all about the TU. :( I'm sorry, I have no Halo Honor!

Anyway, a few questions:

- How is Zero Bloom for the DMR, Nerfle, and Pistol?

- Can people with the Reach discs that MS sent out to test the new format download the update?

Thanks.

Booshka

-Yeti said:

So good in fact that I forgot all about the TU. :( I'm sorry, I have no Halo Honor!

Anyway, a few questions:

- Can people with the Reach discs that MS sent out to test the new format download the update?

Thanks.
I can answer the second question, NO

-Yeti said:

Anyway, a few questions:

Thanks.

People with the MS discs to test the new disc format cannot download the update as of now. 343 says they are working on a fix.

Zero bloom is tons of fun. DMR and NR behave similarly to how they did before just kill people much faster and with more reliability. The pistol is arguably overpowered as shit, but its is unquestionably outrageously fun to use.

Can't wait to get Gears on Friday. I've heard only great things.

Letters said:
I like it a lot in Classic settings, DMR/AR start. Sucks I can't just jump into matchmaking and play ZBS Classic all night long without having to look for customs. And as good as this is, who knows what kind of playlists they will have. It's all useless if I have to find people willing to play it in customs with me. The CEA playlist will be great I'm sure, but I don't want to miss out on the bloomless DMR and the old maps (zealot, countdown, reflection, etc) just because I'm avoiding the AAs. Crossing my fingers 343i delivers playlists for everyone's tastes.

But what do you think of the new gameplay behaviors introduced today??

I'm not against an Anniversary/Classic playlist including the Reach disc/DLC maps, as long as the CEA ones are required.

Tunavi

Banned
Played with Frankie. Donged on him hard. He called me a son of a bitch. hahaha

The pistol and needle rifle should be on the map as power weapons. Zero Bloom Slayer is awesome.

Turns out Gears will be up on Expertzone the 26th, should have it by the 29th/30th I'd imagine. Kinda far wait but hell I'll be paying 17 dollars or whatever it is.

New Zero Bloom seems fun as shit, cannot wait for that playlist to come out!

Retro

So I was effectively a free kill through 90% of the games tonight, which I thought was quite fun. It's amazing how a few little changes can make Reach feel like an entirely different (and better... well, not for me, at least....) game. I found myself still pacing my shots, so now that I've developed the proper cadence for Bloom, it's time for me to un-develop it. Yay.

Still had fun even though I was roflstomped, which speaks volumes about the new experience.

Just quit fuckin' playing on Vanilla Zealot, *hate* that map.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
neoism said:
lol I invited you like 5 times....<3 also WTF :O my name is capitalized...:O on my end its ne0ism :?
XBL was being screwy, had to sign out and back in for it to show messages.
xxjuicesxx said:
Turns out Gears will be up on Expertzone the 26th, should have it by the 29th/30th I'd imagine. Kinda far wait but hell I'll be paying 17 dollars or whatever it is.
Explain.

Tunavi said:
Played with Frankie. Donged on him hard. He called me a son of a bitch. hahaha

The pistol and needle rifle should be on the map as power weapons. Zero Bloom Slayer is awesome.

Needle Rifle still kills slower than the DMR from my experience today. Not sure why people are thinking its overpowered. It's always been easier to use than the DMR, but kills slower, and the same thing seems to hold true now.

You don't take mah pistol away!

Frankie, tried to get you in a lobby today for awhile. It looked like you kept restarting your box...what was going on?

Retro said:
So I was effectively a free kill through 90% of the games tonight, which I thought was quite fun. It's amazing how a few little changes can make Reach feel like an entirely different (and better... well, not for me, at least....) game. I found myself still pacing my shots, so now that I've developed the proper cadence for Bloom, it's time for me to un-develop it. Yay.

Still had fun even though I was roflstomped, which speaks volumes about the new experience.

Just quit fuckin' playing on Vanilla Zealot, *hate* that map.

There aren't very many solid maps in the game lol. Gotta play on some of them.

A27_StarWolf said:
downloading now, is it as awesome as I hope it is.

If you like fun, then yes.

Embrace the power of the pistol bro.
werwequvt.gif

Embrace it.

I've used that GIF like three time today haha

Ken

-Yeti said:

Anyway, a few questions:

Thanks.
Send me a FR for Gears Reach!

FyreWulff

Devin Olsen said:
How exactly do you know this? Because you did your little home test and couldn't find any of the bugs that you checked for as being fixed.

PLEASE STOP STATING THINGS AS FACTS WHEN YOU HAVE NO IDEA.

Because 343 themselves said "here are a list of what's in the TU" and gosh darn it, the list has matched up completely? The entire TU list is right up on Waypoint. I'd link you directly to one version of that list:

http://halo.xbox.com/en-us/news/headline/the-halo-bulletin-83111-/211200

99% of the TU is not-a-bug Megalo-only balance changes.

Every single bug known from before still works. I consider the no HDD for co-op a feature add, since it wasn't really a bug before and an advertised limitation. It's a great feature add, though.

The big ones at the top of the list that are bugs and not balance related:

- Gauss Warthog's turret shots still clips through Forge World Structure objects, which still essentially blacklists the Gauss from FW Matchmaking for obvious reasons
- FW geometry still launches Covenant vehicles such as the Revenant, Wraith and Ghost unexpectedly into the cosmos
- The game still unexpectedly makes multiple copies of each local file variant and attempts to overwrite existing variants upon saving a Forge World Session
- Active Camo AA still randomly decides to scramble friendly radar
- The Reach "BXR" still works (should be noted that Bungie nuked a Halo 3 BXR in the first TU)
- AAs are still lost in a host transition in gametypes with AAs

Halfway between balance related and bug, since they didn't have the time to touch vehicles:

- The Revenant passenger seat still gives you massive bullet magnetism

A minor bug as an example that only affects custom game type communities but is still annoying:

- A game type with limited lives will not end unless there are two opposing players or teams after everyone runs out of lives. You have to either wait for the clock to run down or end the game manually (reported as bug early on in Bungie's control of Reach and acknowledged as sent up the chain, and as we now know, any plans Bungie had for a TU did not come to fruition due to the handoff)

The only unknown between all the documented bugs on HBO and Bungie.net and the TU is if they fixed the Premium Content bug, and that's impossible for us to check anymore since you can no longer subscribe to Bungie Pro. So we'd have to find someone that subscribed to Pro and has the TU and never deleted the receipt for it (essentially never bought more than one or any of the DLCs but bought Pro)

tl;dr I actually have a pretty good idea about the whole situation since 343 literally told us what was in the TU. You wanted me to take them at their word, and I am doing so now.

And nothing is preventing them from doing a 1.2 that fixes all the bugs that would improve Reach for the entire playerbase down the road.

Daily challenges complete, despite the limited Preview/GoD player population.

I don't know if you were going for a comprehensive bug list with that last post, but Hologram also behaves inconsistently with radar (host sees real blips, clients see gray blips).

eeblogue

Neo Member
I’ve uploaded some MLG themed no bloom gametypes that you’re welcome to download if you can’t be bothered editing your own.

These settings are a tweaked version of MLG V6 Slayer settings.
  • Melee modifier has been changed from 75% to Unchanged (100%) making it a 3 shot beatdown with the new bleed-through mechanic.
  • I’ve increased Shield and Health Recharge rate from 100% to 110% due to the game playing at a much faster pace.
  • I have also upped the Damage Resistance from 100% to 110%. This does not increase the amount of shots required to kill for any of the weapons – the DMR is still a 5SK and the Sniper still kills in one head shot. The extra 10% resistance however takes a pinch off Grenade and Rocket damage which I believe to be a good thing.
  • I have removed the Needle Rifle Loadout

DMR + Sprint Starts Gametype Download

DMR + 120% Movement Speed (No Sprint) Gametype Downloadhttp://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/FileDetails.aspx?fid=23749531&player=eeblogue

FyreWulff

Hitmonchan107 said:
How in the Sam Hill did he kill that man in two shots?

Probably the same way Halo 2's BXR let you kill faster than the actions on their own:

Magic

Even if you BXR'd at someone's stomach they'd still instantly die, even though BR body shots after a single punch shouldn't result in death.

Booshka said:
don't be down on yourself, he only calls out after he dies, like the annoying randoms in the MLG playlist.

And Ninja

The callout is the best too, "ON MY X GUYS COME ON". Erm what? Where dude? WHERE?

Top Bottom