• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT6| There Are Those Who Said This Day Would Never Come

Gui_PT

Pistol is a weeeee bit overkill. It shoots way too fast for the damage it deals. Impossible to get away from it, especially without sprint.

FyreWulff

If you missed it from the bulletin:

One more difficult issue is that the very rare Halo: Reach “Preview Disc” (a tiny amount of these discs were given to certain community members and it has nothing to do with either Games on Demand versions or normal retail discs) cannot be updated with a conventional TU. 343 is hard at work trying to come up with a solution for that small, but understandably vocal group of people.

ElRenoRaven

*Edit* HAHA at the same time we posted this. lol Oh well thoughts still relevant.

Well this makes me think it's going to be awhile for Preview disc users.

One more difficult issue is that the very rare Halo: Reach “Preview Disc” (a tiny amount of these discs were given to certain community members and it has nothing to do with either Games on Demand versions or normal retail discs) cannot be updated with a conventional TU. 343 is hard at work trying to come up with a solution for that small, but understandably vocal group of people.

feel

IT'S GLORIOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:_)

The lack of bloom and the bleedthrough that is, anyone have a more classic variation with higher speed and no AAs?

or what are the settings on the classic that currently on MM? So I can give it a try myself (removing pistol and needle too)

VV wtf why are you not playing with it yourself? fuck what those kids think

Watching Ryanoob's stream and he is LOVING it. The game is being played at a breakneck speed, pro's reaction times are even more highlighted by the fact they no longer have to slow down to shoot accurately.

Also, Strongside - "It's like Halo 2 all over again"

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Everyone's high on it right now. Let's live with it for a while. I want to play some MLG 4v4 with it, not too many though, I have to practice for the event :p

GhaleonEB

In my experience at HaloFest, zero bloom DMRs made for a fantastic game on smallish maps with small teams. It felt right as rain. I look forward to testing it in a big team setting with you guys later tonight, hopefully. I suspect I will not like it so much in that context, but we'll see.

Merguson

Banned
Quick Thoughts

That pistol is really ridiculous at close range.

Anything with over 8 players is overkill in my opinion. Already having a better experience with just 4 vs. 4.

Booshka

Letters said:
IT'S GLORIOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:_)

The lack of bloom and the bleedthrough that is, anyone have a more classic variation with higher speed and no AAs?

or what are the settings on the classic that currently on MM? So I can give it a try myself (removing pistol and needle too)

VV wtf why are you not playing with it yourself? fuck what those kids think
http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/FileDetails.aspx?fid=23746019&player=oneStrongSide

MLG settings with Zero Bloom, it is on FFA, so just change to teams if necessary. Jump height/Gravity and player speed is higher so it plays faster. But there are still NR's and AA's on there. Sprint only with Evade/Jetpack pickup only of course.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Well I like Zero Bloom BUT in all of its goodness it only highlights how bad the maps and there spawns are.

Then again, I was just playing 6v6 Boardwalk and Tempest has always had bad spawns.

thee henery said:
Watching Ryanoob's stream and he is LOVING it. The game is being played at a breakneck speed, pro's reaction times are even more highlighted by the fact they no longer have to slow down to shoot accurately.

Also, Strongside - "It's like Halo 2 all over again"

link?

FyreWulff

JB1981 said:
Odd. It's not even half finished and it's already taken 10 min

Might need to restart your router or check to see if torrents are running.

Alternately, exit out and pull up your memory device and clear it's cache and attempt to update again.

feel

How do you remove AAs completely in the settings? Do I have to change each loadout individually to HIDDEN? Isn't there some master setting?

Booshka said:
http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/FileDetails.aspx?fid=23746019&player=oneStrongSide

MLG settings with Zero Bloom, it is on FFA, so just change to teams if necessary. Jump height/Gravity and player speed is higher so it plays faster. But there are still NR's and AA's on there. Sprint only with Evade/Jetpack pickup only of course.
Thanks but I'm not looking to play anything with sprint or AA pickups. Just some normal Halo 2 fast moving high jumping Team BR type stuff.

FyreWulff

Letters said:
How do you remove AAs completely in the settings? Do I have to change each loadout individually to HIDDEN? Isn't there some master setting?

Thanks but I'm not looking to play anything with sprint or AA pickups. Just some normal Halo 2 fast moving high jumping Team BR type stuff.

You have to change each one to HIDDEN, but only for Spartan Loadouts

MrBig

The preview disc problem better get sorted. Don't want to lose out because I was feeling generous and gave my retail away.

Letters said:

Classic settings are
Code:
Classic Settings

Player Speed 120%
Jump Height 125%
Player Gravity 150%
Melee Modifier 75%
Shield Recharge Rate 110%
Health Recharge Rate 110%

Set the starting equipment to none and hide the loadouts for spartans and elites in the first tier.

wwm0nkey

MrBig said:
The preview disc problem better get sorted. Don't want to lose out because I was feeling generous and gave my retail away.
Same dude Ive gotten 3 copes of Reach in the time its been out and I gave them to less fortunate friends. I probably wont buy another copy to be honest with you :/

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Hydranockz said:
Where's that Cycle of HaloGaf pic at Dani?

CYCLE.gif

blamite said:
Can't get on the Xbox right now, Has anyone tested if ZBS has the Armor Lock nerf, sword blocking disabled, etc.?
I had a post up above. AL is nerfed and Camo is changed. Didn't get a chance to test sword blocks.

Dani said:
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b177/iamnotevilness/CYCLE.gif[img][/quote]
Ah, that new game smell :p

Edit: Laughtrey is more accurate!

feel

FyreWulff said:
You have to change each one to HIDDEN, but only for Spartan Loadouts
MrBig said:
Classic settings are
Code:
Classic Settings

Player Speed 120%
Jump Height 125%
Player Gravity 150%
Damage Modifier 110%
Melee Modifier 75%
Damage Resistance 100%
Shield Recharge Rate 110%
Health Recharge Rate 110%

Set the starting equipment to none and hide the loadouts for spartans and elites in the first tier.
Thank guys. Applying all of those to a gametype except for the melee stuff which I think is unnecessary now. Also AR secondary.

MrBig

Letters said:
Thank guys. Applying all of those to a gametype except for the melee stuff which I think is unnecessary now. Also AR secondary.
I just copypasted that list, and forgot to take out the damage change. Don't alter that for a better experience.

MrDaravon

Took me about an hour of total searching off and on today to finally get into a single game of SWAT to get today's headshot challenge. Currently sitting in a Griffball search forever finding the same (apparently) 3 other people over and over, then the search resets.

I really appreciate your TU completely breaking matchmaking for preview/GoD owners, thanks. I can live the with the mild annoyance of not getting to check out the new stuff right this second, but this is making multiplayer challenges literally impossible (took me 1 hour+ to get into one game for 15 kills, somehow don't think I'm getting 125 kills today).

SailorDaravon said:
Took me about an hour of total searching off and on today to finally get into a single game of SWAT to get today's headshot challenge. Currently sitting in a Griffball search forever finding the same (apparently) 3 other people over and over, then the search resets.

I really appreciate your TU completely breaking matchmaking for preview/GoD owners, thanks. I can live the with the mild annoyance of not getting to check out the new stuff right this second, but this is making multiplayer challenges literally impossible (took me 1 hour+ to get into one game for 15 kills, somehow don't think I'm getting 125 kills today).
Who knew retail copies would sell far more than the GoD version that released months after?

Top Bottom