• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT6| There Are Those Who Said This Day Would Never Come

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Devolution said:
Recommendation:

Take mlg warlock, remove nades on map, spawn with one nade. I think I'm going to make a version with one shotty as well. I think there was two on the one I played.

I'll make it some time late tonight for DL when the customs dies off or something.

So far the maps I've used in games have been:

Nexus v6
Oasis v6
Sanctum
Powerhouse
MLG the Pit v6
MLG Wizlock

I will have Vapor in a second. Any more maps?

Redemption and Android

Ramirez

Devolution said:
Recommendation:

Take mlg warlock, remove nades on map, spawn with one nade. I think I'm going to make a version with one shotty as well. I think there was two on the one I played.

I'll make it some time late tonight for DL when the customs dies off or something.

Nexus v6
Oasis v6
Sanctum
Powerhouse
MLG the Pit v6
MLG Wizlock

Spawn with one nade=fail.

Devolution said:
Recommendation:

Nexus v6
Oasis v6
Sanctum
Powerhouse
MLG the Pit v6
MLG Wizlock

Can you maybe put a softkillzone near the Powerhouse area on Powerhouse? The place, where Tashi/Monkey hided? Because it is a very nasty place and they(Tashi/Monkey) had a directly spot at some spawns.

Farooq

Banned
I didn't like how powerhouse played with no bloom.

I guess it has to do with the map layout and whoever has the high ground has a serious advantage.

Devolution said:
Broskis do me a favor and PM me any links to non-mlg maps you think would work well in customs. Couldn't hurt to try them and get more maps in the rotation. Okay time to read what I missed for the day.
Do you have the older mlg maps like MLG Element v5?

Devolution said:
Recommendation:

Nexus v6
Oasis v6
Sanctum
Powerhouse
MLG the Pit v6
MLG Wizlock

LOL I remember playing with Tunavi the first time I showed him the map. He was like "what the fuck is this shit...oh wait, this is awesome!"

Also, assuming people have Noble, I'm all about using that Tempest Pit.

Karl2177

Off to buy a flashdrive! Just curious for those smarter than myself at xbox stuff. If I install (GoD) it to a flash drive, can any xbox that has the flash drive play it? Is it tethered to my account? What's all the nitty gritty on how it works.

orznge

Banned
thee henery said:
Very impressed by 343's solution, bravo, dat care in the community.

Uhh yeah very impressive, just generate some CD keys instead of doing it the hard way. No honor, 343, no honor..

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Karl2177 said:
Off to buy a flashdrive! Just curious for those smarter than myself at xbox stuff. If I install (GoD) it to a flash drive, can any xbox that has the flash drive play it? Is it tethered to my account? What's all the nitty gritty on how it works.
Should be tied to your XBL account.

orznge said:
Uhh yeah very impressive, just generate some CD keys instead of doing it the hard way. No honor, 343, no honor..

Can't tell if serious.

blamite

Karl2177 said:
If it's like most arcade games and DLC, it's tied to your account and to your system, meaning you can use it with any profile on the box you downloaded it on, but if you want to play it on another Xbox, you need to sign into the account that redeemed the code.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Booshka said:
My download is so sloooooowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww. Hopefully it'll be done before everyone is off for the night.

If it's going bizarrely slow, and this is sometimes true of any download, try resetting your router. Can't hurt.

Farooq

Banned
Booshka said:
My download is so sloooooowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww. Hopefully it'll be done before everyone is off for the night.

I'll be on later if you want to just 1v1 to get your feet wet with the TU.

Booshka

OuterWorldVoice said:
If it's going bizarrely slow, and this is sometimes true of any download, try resetting your router. Can't hurt.
I accidentally unplugged the surge protecter that has my router plugged in, so I kinda did. It seems to be going faster now.

Kibbles

PsychoRaven said:
Yup it's tied to your XBL account. So you would have to sign in on another 360 to play it first. And that makes two of us.
Or put your account on the flash drive as well and be able to pop it in on the go anywhere :eek:

neoism

Tashi0106 said:
How are you guys finding your stats to be without bloom? Better? Worse? More assists?
negative most games... :( but gaffer are crazy good... looking forward to playing randoms. :smug

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
Is there a difference between preview Reach and regular Reach aside from the TU? Preview Reach was 6.8GB installed, but regular Reach is 6.57GB. Just curious.

Karl2177

OuterWorldVoice said:
Should be tied to your XBL account.
blamite said:
If it's like most arcade games and DLC, it's tied to your account and to your system, meaning you can use it with any profile on the box you downloaded it on, but if you want to play it on another Xbox, you need to sign into the account that redeemed the code.
Ok. I have Reach retail installed to a flash drive and I normally use the preview disc, and that has worked through the TU. My friend has the retail version on loan since I got the preview disc. So it would be the wisest decision to let my friend continue using my retail copy and install the GoD version for myself, and uninstall the retail on my flash drive. Correct?

EDIT: Also, any ZBS going on right now with slots available?

Doh, just noticed that slot filled up just as I got on. Sorry for the random invites I use them as a quick way of asking for a invite to the game. Space filled up quicker than I could get those off though.

feel

Has it been mentioned if the Anniversary playlists are exclusive to the CEA disk?

The pistol will mimic the magnum from Halo 1, they will reduce the ROF on it. That ROF tweaking functionality has not made an appearance in the TU1 and there was no mention of it in the bulletin that listed all the changes included. Unless there's a TU2 for Reach on CEA's launch, how will they put that pistol/magnum in Reach? (Though they're been known for hiding stuff for bigger megatonz purposes, maybe the ROF stuff IS in reach already)

MrBig

Gui_PT said:
Pretty much. Wish I could have it for myself and they're just selling it like muffins
They should at least be going here, not the B/S/T thread.
That one single guy in there that decided to give his away, and make it a tribute to the 10th anniversary is really awesome.

Rickenslacker said:
What difference is there between that, or selling off your own retail Reach copy when you first received the preview disc? Is there a distinction?
This gift is to replace the preview disc primarily to aid those who no longer had a working copy of the game.

Hydranockz said:
This gift is to replace the preview disc primarily to aid those who no longer had a working copy of the game.
Right, but everyone in the preview got a code no? Hence, people selling away their redundant copies because they still have a retail version.

Rickenslacker said:
Right, but everyone in the preview got a code no? Hence, people selling away their redundant copies because they still have a retail version.
They got the game free both times. Making money from it is sad especially with the intent of the support staff. Give the codes away for free I say! :p

Letters said:
Has it been mentioned if the Anniversary playlists are exclusive to the CEA disk?

The pistol will mimic the magnum from Halo 1, they will reduce the ROF on it. That ROF tweaking functionality has not made an appearance in the TU1 and there was no mention of it in the bulletin that listed all the changes included. Unless there's a TU2 for Reach on CEA's launch, how will they put that pistol/magnum in Reach? (Though they're been known for hiding stuff for bigger megatonz purposes, maybe the ROF stuff IS in reach already)
The three shot kill pistol does not have altered rof. It just has altered damage. Reach disks will be able to play it.

MrBig

-Yeti said:
*sigh*

I was so excited that MS sent out Reach GoD codes for the preview disc people, but of course I wasn't sent one. :(
I would assume they got the list of participants from MS, and that everyone who participated will be receiving a code. The release was staggered or there has been some sort of a delay in you receiving it.

MrBig said:
I would assume they got the list of participants from MS, and that everyone who participated will be receiving a code. The release was staggered or there has been some sort of a delay in you receiving it.
Hmm I hope it's a staggered release then. I don't want to have to call MS to get it fixed.

Top Bottom