• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT6| There Are Those Who Said This Day Would Never Come

Woorloog

Banned
Letters said:
yep
http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/FileDetails.aspx?fid=23754837

no overpowered grenades
no overpowered pistol (start)
no armor abilities
fast movement
I wonder how that plays with Warthog and Ghost (and why not Banshee and Falcon as well? Not a fan of either tank, Revenant or Mongoose so i don't care about those).
Because Halo is not Halo without vehicles (Reach doesn't have any maps with vehicles in Squad Slayer/Team Slayer/Objective IIRC)

EDIT, i should've added this to my ideal game mode list... No radar.

MrDaravon

Good on 343 for the preview disc thing. It sucks for people who can't play until they get the codes out, but it's probably the best solution for everyone, especially long term (I guess unless you needed the disc for LANs).

ElRenoRaven

darthbob said:
Well actually, Microsoft has found that a subset of users who were banned, were banned unfairly, and are reversing the decision with a bit of compensation as well.

I did find it odd that SO MANY people were crying foul, because console bans happen every year, and I haven't seen one with so many whiners.

Turns out it was justified whining. :(

Oh damn. Really? That would totally suck. Luckily to their credit though MS is correcting their mistake and making good for their screw up by the way you talk.

Blinding

Tashi0106 said:
Oh really? I haven't played it yet at all, just ran around on it. It's a pro gametype so my team hasn't even bother touching it.

Yeah, we did 5v5 on it last night and I felt it played really well, so I'm sure it could handle 4v4 slayer easily.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Tunavi said:
Liam neeson check your pms

lol invite me into that party tunavi

wtf xbox live is shitting on me right now. I couldn't send invites and now i can't even sign in

feel

Woorloog said:
I wonder how that plays with Warthog and Ghost (and why not Banshee and Falcon as well? Not a fan of either tank, Revenant or Mongoose so i don't care about those).
Because Halo is not Halo without vehicles (Reach doesn't have any maps with vehicles in Squad Slayer/Team Slayer/Objective IIRC)

EDIT, i should've added this to my ideal game mode list... No radar.
That link is just the basic settings of what the community is using for Classic currently. You can just choose the gametype and then go into options, turn off radar and then press X to save the changes or a separate gametype. Same for any other vehicle or weapon tweak. I usually turn radar off myself too depending on the amount of people.

Devin - "I need to back out for one second, can you invite me as soon as I leave the party?"
Party - "Sure"
*leaves party*

Watches party go from 'In Lobby' to 'In Custom Game'.

:(

Woorloog

Banned
Letters said:
You can just choose the gametype and then go into options, turn off radar and then press X to save the changes or a separate gametype. I usually turn radar off myself too depending on the amount of people.
I know, i know. I meant i should've added that to my ideal game type features list.
I've always found playing Halo without radar (outside Campaigns) to be more satisfying and fun. I hate how only no-radar mode is Slayer Pro which suffers from sprint and limited weapon selection. And is only found in TS.
So the idea mode is Classic zero bloom without OP 'nades and has vehicles that are balanced. If possible. OP other wise, with a laser or some other vehicle killer power weapon in play.
EDIT yes, i'd rather have OP vehicles as then people would use them. Who the hell uses underpowered vehicle?

orznge

Banned
Hydranockz said:
I think default ZBS is far too slow, movement wise. Players can't even go left or right without getting killed. It's bad enough with a 1v1 situation, let alone more. I think experimentation is the key to refining what is looking to be a promising playlist.

Players not being able to move left or right ("strafing", for players that started with Reach and may be unfamiliar with the term) isn't a movement speed problem.

Gui_PT

Devin Olsen said:
Devin - "I need to back out for one second, can you invite me as soon as I leave the party?"
Party - "Sure"
*leaves party*

Watches party go from 'In Lobby' to 'In Custom Game'.

:(

Scumbag HaloGAF

orznge said:
Players not being able to move left or right ("strafing", for players that started with Reach and may be unfamiliar with the term) isn't a movement speed problem.
I wasn't talking about strafing (in the Halo skill sense). I was talking about moving left or right upon getting shot. As in, if I get shot, I want to be able to sidestep into cover. As ZBS was, that was very rarely done for me. Monkey's settings alleviate many issues I had with it.

FyreWulff

If you're gonna sell your GoD code, at least try to come in under the retail price :lol

Still waiting for ODST and Halo 2 to become available so I can go 99% discless for Haloes

orznge

Banned
Hydranockz said:
I wasn't talking about strafing (in the Halo skill sense). I was talking about moving left or right upon getting shot. As in, if I get shot, I want to be able to sidestep into cover. As ZBS was, that was very rarely done for me. Monkey's settings alleviate many issues I had with it.

yeah I know what you meant

Gui_PT said:
BTW Big, awesome cover. Will you be doing one for the original CE? I've been looking for one like crazy

Adding on to this, any chance we could get covers like that for the whole (main) series?
-Halo CE could have chief's Mark V and the space background with the PoA and Halo on the back cover

-Halo 2 could have Mark VI and a reflection of New Mombasa or a Scarab or something in his visor, background could be plenty of things--for example, New Mombasa getting glassed or Delta Halo or Truth's temple, etc. Bonus points for having a reversible cover with the Arbiter's head and the Halogaf Civil War scene as the background.

-Halo 3 could have Chief's upgraded Mark VI and the Ark or something like that.

MrBig

Gui_PT said:
BTW Big, awesome cover. Will you be doing one for the original CE? I've been looking for one like crazy
Thanks, I will have one for each Bungie Halo game by the anniversary.

It would be cool if I had the hi-res textures/models of the helmets, but since I don't I'm not going to just leave them at those low-quality 1024 textures and will be handpainting them, which may take me a while.

Gui_PT

Hypertrooper said:
Ehm? I'm drunk only one time in a week. It's either Friday or Saturday. Not drinking during the work days and before HaloFest I was even sober for 7weeks.

Such will power

Edit: I'm waiting for you guise in a cool lockout remake

ElRenoRaven

Gui_PT said:
Such will power

True story I knew a guy who would drink 2 six packs or more a night and stay sober as all hell. He joked that he had an alcohol blood level. I believe it after how much I saw him drink when we hung out.

Ramirez

Hypertrooper said:
Ehm? I'm drunk only one time in a week. It's either Friday or Saturday. Not drinking during the work days and before HaloFest I was even sober for 7weeks.

*shrug* I just always see them talking about playing with drunk Hyper, I assumed you were an alcoholic, heh.

Recommendation:

Take mlg warlock, remove nades on map, spawn with one nade. I think I'm going to make a version with one shotty as well. I think there was two on the one I played.

I'll make it some time late tonight for DL when the customs dies off or something.

So far the maps I've used in games have been:

Nexus v6
Oasis v6
Sanctum
Powerhouse
MLG the Pit v6
MLG Wizlock

I will have Vapor in a second. Any more maps?

Ramirez said:
*shrug* I just always see them talking about playing with drunk Hyper, I assumed you were an alcoholic, heh.
It's a timezone problem. Going to meet with friends and drink with them till 1am. At that time, the most of you guys are online. So I'm joining you guys. Because there is no other chance to play with you.

Kind of funny, that everyone gets online now.

Top Bottom