• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT6| There Are Those Who Said This Day Would Never Come

Tunavi

Banned
Went back into matchmaking.

1M42c.png

lybertyboy

Thinks the Evil Empire is just misunderstood.
Devin Olsen said:
The three shot kill pistol does not have altered rof. It just has altered damage. Reach disks will be able to play it.
Actually it does have a modified ROF. The anniversary magnum is fully automatic when you hold down the trigger.

Hopefully there will be some customs going on late tonight. I won't be on for a bit. Juices, don't let me down!
Tunavi said:
Went back into matchmaking.

http://i.imgur.com/1M42c.png[IMG][/QUOTE]
I went into matchmaking for a few team slayer games after everyone left earlier today and had a blast. I was actually laughing when I accidentally backed into my teammates shotgun fire and was betrayed.

lybertyboy said:
Actually it does have a modified ROF. The anniversary magnum is fully automatic when you hold down the trigger.
The pistol post TU can't do that. At least when I tested it.

Revenge of the .map files?

Hydranockz said:
The pistol post TU can't do that. At least when I tested it.

Revenge of the .map files?

That isn't the Anniversary Magnum. It's the Reach Pistol.

Just like the zero bloom setting, the pistol is determined by the gametype.

ElRenoRaven

ncsuDuncan said:
That isn't the Anniversary Magnum. It's the Reach Pistol.

Just like the zero bloom setting, the pistol is determined by the gametype.

Lies all lies. I'll have you know it's all determined by .map files. ;P

Merguson

Banned
My Xbox lost power and now boots to a black and white dashboard.

Um, okay.

EDIT: Now back to normal.

EDIT2: I guess customs died. Time to do something else.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
PsychoRaven said:
I'm sorry but I totally call bullshit. There is no way he got into the beta 155 plus times and then each of those were lucky enough to be in the disc group. Microsoft would have easily caught that.

Microsoft's Xbox promotions have a poor track record when it comes to exploits for those determined enough.

Just wouldn't surprise me at all if he was telling the truth and not joking.

MrBig

Looks like a whole lot of people taking advantage of 343's generosity and a total of two people on GAF returning the same generosity and giving that free code out for free in turn.

wwm0nkey

MrBig said:
Looks like a whole lot of people taking advantage of 343's generosity and a total of two people on GAF returning the same generosity and giving that free code out for free in turn.
Yeah if you are given something for free at least do the same if you are giving it away.

On the good side I guess we might see some more members on HaloGAF.

Blinding

MrBig said:

Yup, wonder what impact this would have if something similar were to happen in future. I got a code, but I'm waiting for my friends to check and see if they need it before giving it away.

ElRenoRaven

Dani said:
Microsoft's Xbox promotions have a poor track record when it comes to exploits for those determined enough.

Just wouldn't surprise me at all if he was telling the truth and not joking.

The thing is though that it wasn't a promotion. It was a beta preview that you had to sign up for with a unique email address. You could not sign up multiple times with one address. When doing so you had to sign up and give them your information also including the console's seriel number etc. Then they shipped you out a disc if you were of the batch who got that. There was no choice in which group you were in. They then shipped those discs to them. I would think that even the most brain dead moron would notice them sending 155 discs to the same address or even a couple of addresses and I don't think he had 155 friends to help.

So to recap. He would have needed at least 155 email addresses, 155 consoles, 155 addresses to have them delivered to and that's assuming still that he got so damn lucky to get every single one of those 155 into the disc group.

It's just not possible at all.

Merguson said:
My Xbox lost power and now boots to a black and white dashboard.

Um, okay.

EDIT: Now back to normal.

party kind of disbanded after you left. God I was getting bad those last few games, too much consecutive no bloom games, my eyes want to pop out of my sockets lol.

Ramirez said:
Spawn with one nade=fail.

You should play this warlock, 2 nades is ridiculous, besides people die so fast now they'd just be up in no time spammin' more nades.

Sanctum has awful spawning I'm going to start using the MLG version of sanc.

Tashi0106 said:
^Good for you!

Dled the maps you recommended btw, thanks. Also downloading a bunch of remakes, wonder how bad these will be.

I wish there was a way to delete maps in a batch. Like a way to check a bunch, then delete. Instead of doing them one by one.

PsychoRaven said:
I'm sorry but I totally call bullshit. There is no way he got into the beta 155 plus times and then each of those were lucky enough to be in the disc group. Microsoft would have easily caught that.

Everyone was sent a disc bro.

The "disc group" was those who got the live update from the disc. Everyone else got the update from XBL and still got the disc in the mail to test.

Havok

Devolution said:
I wish there was a way to delete maps in a batch. Like a way to check a bunch, then delete. Instead of doing them one by one.
Agreed. I have 120 Forge World variants right now that I've been putting off deleting for about six months now because it takes so long.

cory021

Neo Member
I finally got the chance to play the TU at a friend's house. We tested out most of the changes and they seemed pretty cool. So the DMR is 5sk and the Pistol is 4sk, right? This might play out relatively well with 85% bloom, since although the Pistol is more powerful, the slight change difference in bloom might give the DMR it's slight advantage in certain situations.

Also, I've come to a conclusion that my friend is completely biased against Reach now. While we were playing Reach, he would freak out at the smallest thing that went wrong. He would get DMR'd out of a Mongoose= "WTF this game sucks!" Stuff like that. But then a little while later as I'm getting ready to leave, he decided to play MW2 by himself. He gets quickscoped and killed by an Rocket/Grenade Launcher in like 60 seconds. Despite the obvious BS, he doesn't even react at all :/

Havok said:
Agreed. I have 120 Forge World variants right now that I've been putting off deleting for about six months now because it takes so long.

Wish I could just press one button to delete too. Instead of going into a dialogue box and having to scroll. Or make it like 4 buttons at once in case of idiots.

cory021 said:
Also, I've come to a conclusion that my friend is completely biased against Reach now. While we were playing Reach, he would freak out at the smallest thing that went wrong. He would get DMR'd out of a Mongoose= "WTF this game sucks!" Stuff like that. But then a little while later as I'm getting ready to leave, he decided to play MW2 by himself. He gets quickscoped and killed by an Rocket/Grenade Launcher in like 60 seconds. Despite the obvious BS, he doesn't even react at all :/

Lul.

ElRenoRaven

The Real Napsta said:
Everyone was sent a disc bro.

The "disc group" was those who got the live update from the disc. Everyone else got the update from XBL and still got the disc in the mail to test.

Well ok even then. He would still need at least 155 consoles, 155 different email addresses, and let's be generous and say MS doesn't notice anything less then 10 copies going to an address, that would mean 15 different addresses to have them sent to. Although I would bet MS would notice anything more then 2 or so going to an address. Then after all this he would need to keep all 155 email addresses. It's still impossible.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Just had some great scrims. Beat some well known teams, lost some but overall very impressed by the way my team played. I did get out BR'd once when a guy was no shields and I was full shields. I blame bloom :p No but we shit on his team anyway lol.

So an awesome gaffer gave me a GoD code. I haven't played Reach since around launch, so I mostly ignored the map pack news/reactions. Are they worth getting? Totally necessary? Had a lot of fun on the shipped maps back at launch, so if they're comparable that's all I really need to know.

Tashi0106 said:
Just had some great scrims. Beat some well known teams, lost some but overall very impressed by the way my team played. I did get out BR'd once when a guy was no shields and I was full shields. I blame bloom :p No but we shit on his team anyway lol.

Name names.

Havok

Absoludacrous said:
So an awesome gaffer gave me a GoD code. I haven't played Reach since around launch, so I mostly ignored the map pack news/reactions. Are they worth getting? Totally necessary? Had a lot of fun on the shipped maps back at launch, so if they're comparable that's all I really need to know.
By and large, they're better than 90% of the on-disc maps, but they show up very infrequently outside of their dedicated playlists, especially if you're not in a full party. I don't know if I can recommend purchasing them for that reason alone. Getting the Anniversary maps come November is another story, totally necessary as they're all amazing maps.

FyreWulff

PsychoRaven said:
Lies all lies. I'll have you know it's all determined by .map files. ;P

When you go ahead and break LAN compatibility, you only need to patch the multiplayer .map files in RAM and can do most whatever you want, really. You no longer need to worry about mismatched .maps attempting to play with each other, and no longer need to have data for both versions to keep games from desyncing.

And since it appears Reach is still using the old non-permanent patch system, they were limited to 4MB anyway.

I hope 1.2 takes the fact that they broke compatibility and makes it worth the breakage and is loaded with bug fixes.

I would have taken broken LAN compat on Halo 2 if it meant they would have been able to remove BXR and superbouncing.

Blinding

Tashi0106 said:
Beat some well known teams, lost some but overall very impressed by the way my team played.

fyi, Ultimate (SaucySoars team) is absolute trash. There's no way in hell they're going to make it out at Orlando.

Tashi

Blinding said:
fyi, Ultimate (SaucySoars team) is absolute trash. There's no way in hell they're going to make it out at Orlando.

They have a group of really good players but they got beat up today. Voxy is the biggest warrior too btw.

ElRenoRaven

Oh god. Kotaku has an article about the free Reach for those affected and of course there is that idiot or two that make you laugh when you read their stupidity.

and the decline of this franchise under new developers begins...

I mean seriously. I just can't help but laugh at that remark.

Blinding

Tashi0106 said:
They have a group of really good players but they got beat up today. Voxy is the biggest warrior too btw.

Yeah, I've gotten matched up against Voxy a few times, most of the time I've pulled host over him but the couple times I haven't it was ridiculous how many shots he was eating.

Tashi

Blinding said:
Yeah, I've gotten matched up against Voxy a few times, most of the time I've pulled host over him but the couple times I haven't it was ridiculous how many shots he was eating.

It shows in his gameplay too. He has no regard for his life when he plays. He pops out all the time, runs out in the open and I just sit there wondering why he's doing such dumb shit. Not today bud!

I also FR'd saucy and said good games. Got declined, no reply. LOL so butt hurt.

Guys please report to your GymTanDong Stations. Thank you in advance.

If anyone knows anything about databases and website design please PM me. I'd like to keep an active Excel/Access database of kids I've cleansed but not actually put that UP on my webpage. What I want is a box in the middle of my page that says Have you been cleansed/Enter your gamertag or something like that and when they do it checks the database to see if its in there with links to the game so its not just like they take my word but can see the gamestats. Theres some money in it depending on how hard a project it is.

kylej

Banned
xxjuicesxx said:
Guys please report to your GymTanDong Stations. Thank you in advance.

If anyone knows anything about databases and website design please PM me. I'd like to keep an active Excel/Access database of kids I've cleansed but not actually put that UP on my webpage. What I want is a box in the middle of my page that says Have you been cleansed/Enter your gamertag or something like that and when they do it checks the database to see if its in there with links to the game so its not just like they take my word but can see the gamestats. Theres some money in it depending on how hard a project it is.

www.elance.com

I'm sure you can find someone to write you a script for $20 there. I've used freelancers from Elance many times and had zero problems.

I'd dong but my roommate wants to go to sleep and I'm going lifting early tomorrow. sorry brah

Anyone up for customs.

And before anyone asks I'm appearing offline because I said I was getting off to some IRL pals but then I got back on lol.

Top Bottom