• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT6| There Are Those Who Said This Day Would Never Come

FyreWulff

xxjuicesxx said:
Guys please report to your GymTanDong Stations. Thank you in advance.

If anyone knows anything about databases and website design please PM me. I'd like to keep an active Excel/Access database of kids I've cleansed but not actually put that UP on my webpage. What I want is a box in the middle of my page that says Have you been cleansed/Enter your gamertag or something like that and when they do it checks the database to see if its in there with links to the game so its not just like they take my word but can see the gamestats. Theres some money in it depending on how hard a project it is.

Somewhat relatively easy.

What you'd do is run the Reach Stats API on your gamertag (say once an hour), collect and store the gamertags from each game.

Then you throw up an input for an alternate gamertag and search the game links for if their tag is in any of them, then check team placement via the API for that gameid and display links.

Your main concern would be bandwidth and storage.

Blinding said:
Juices, I thought you should know that I <3 you.

I know I cant stand huge fucking 15fps MLG maps against tryhards that have evade and for some reason eat 6 shots yet I die in 2...

Zero bloom is fine but its still the same old shit. You can shoot them and it still isn't going to count on a shit host.

xxjuicesxx said:
I know I cant stand huge fucking 15fps MLG maps against tryhards that have evade and for some reason eat 6 shots yet I die in 2...

Zero bloom is fine but its still the same old shit. You can shoot them and it still isn't going to count on a shit host.
Kind of sad to hear that you dislike zero bloom so much. Objective is fun, but honestly it's like shooting fish in a barrel. Kids run around the map with _turret_ and think that is a viable strategy. If trueskill had any ability at all people like you or I would never see someone in MM that thought picking up the turret was a rock solid idea.

Customs with zero bloom is the most fun I have had playing Reach in a long time. Sure I am not going +32 each game but nobody quits, and the games are nail biters (we fucking tied 50-50 today!).

</3

vhfive

I finally get my computer online at my brothers place in Philly and check my email...
Earlier this year, you participated in the Xbox LIVE Public Preview program and were provided a copy of Halo: Reach as part of your participation. Unfortunately, this Halo: Reach “preview disc” cannot be updated with a conventional Title Update, causing the game to be unplayable after the recent Halo: Reach Title Update on September 21, 2011. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

To get you back online with Halo: Reach, below is a code for the Games on Demand version of the game. Once the code is redeemed and your copy of Halo: Reach is downloaded, the game will work as usual, including the features added by the title update. All of your Halo Reach game saves will work normally as well. You may then discard the disc from the Public Preview program.

Please note that this Games on Demand version of Halo: Reach will require you to have some storage on your Xbox 360 – a hard drive or USB of at least 6.6 gigabytes.

Halo Reach Games on Demand Code:

74WLZ-UC4N7-H4S1T-UDAB3-5T343
To redeem your code:

1. Press the silver and green Xbox® Guide button on your controller
2. Navigate to the Marketplace tab
3. Select Redeem Code. Enter the code above.

Again, we apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. Thank you.

The Xbox 360

tldr:
I got GoD version of Reach for free
JWKgO.gif

too bad I will be away from my xbox until mon

vhfive said:
I finally get my computer online at my brothers place in Philly and check my email...

tldr:
I got GoD version of Reach for free
JWKgO.gif

too bad I will be away from my xbox until mon
There is a code in there... might want to hide it?

PNut

Banned
Devin Olsen said:
Kind of sad to hear that you dislike zero bloom so much. Objective is fun, but honestly it's like shooting fish in a barrel. Kids run around the map with _turret_ and think that is a viable strategy. If trueskill had any ability at all people like you or I would never see someone in MM that thought picking up the turret was a rock solid idea.

Customs with zero bloom is the most fun I have had playing Reach in a long time. Sure I am not going +32 each game but nobody quits, and the games are nail biters (we fucking tied 50-50 today!).

</3

So true.

Beating up on guest accounts in TO, Swat and SS gets old fast. I can barely take it serious when I play. Arena is the only playlist I give it my all. It's not like ranked but it's close enough.

Blinding

Devin Olsen said:
Customs with zero bloom is the most fun I have had playing Reach in a long time.

Hit it right on the head for me. The game just seems so much more consistent with no bloom, and I'm not sitting there complaining about bullshit deaths, mostly because a majority of them aren't.

Blinding said:
Hit it right on the head for me. The game just seems so much more consistent with no bloom, and I'm not sitting there complaining about bullshit deaths, mostly because a majority of them aren't.

Yea cause the other person is. You shot me four times and I died after evading and grabbing a health pack yet two of my shots should have knocked your recharge back and grabbed a headshot.

Its forever going to be tryhards with warrior connections no matter what settings.

Thats why I want to go into MM and play casually. Competitive gaming on Live is stupid as fuck.

Ken

xxjuicesxx said:
Yea cause the other person is. You shot me four times and I died after evading and grabbing a health pack yet two of my shots should have knocked your recharge back and grabbed a headshot.

Its forever going to be tryhards with warrior connections no matter what settings.

Thats why I want to go into MM and play casually. Competitive gaming on Live is stupid as fuck.
Are you running Squad Slayer again tomorrow morning/ same time as your stream today?

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
xxjuicesxx said:

Maybe your streaming is messing with your latency?

Plywood said:
Maybe your streaming is messing with your latency?

I wasnt streaming at that time. If anything my stream forces me to grab host more often than not.

Its definitely not my internet. Its the unbeatable force that is just simple normal latency.

In MM all of HaloGAF would rarely get matched up because of connection, but in customs you are forcing that connection.

xxjuicesxx said:
I wasnt streaming at that time. If anything my stream forces me to grab host more often than not.

Its definitely not my internet. Its the unbeatable force that is just simple normal latency.

In MM all of HaloGAF would rarely get matched up because of connection, but in customs you are forcing that connection.
Perhaps I am wrong but minus a few euro gafs the majority of us are North American... So when 8 North American players get a customs game going the connection shouldn't be any more of an issue than it is in regular MM.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
xxjuicesxx said:

Oh, well damn.

Just another reason for Halo 4 to get dedi's.

Blinding

xxjuicesxx said:

Honestly, I haven't been trying all night, and you're the first person all night that's had a complaint about my connection. It's alright though, you provided a pretty good laugh.

Edit:

I think you thought the shield recharge rate after picking up a health pack was slower then it actually is, you can even watch from my PoV to see what happened on my screen.

xxjuicesxx said:
Cleansed.

Seriously forget the games and games before I do good. Focus on the two where I get spawned INTO unavoidable nades three times in a row.

If everyone rage quit after being pummeled, even if someone had host advantage, customs would be spiteful and irritating. Juices you gotta chill man. I am super competitive too but there's no need to direct it at others and make it ugly. Just swallow that pride and play the next game or don't join customs only to ragequit bro. =/

Also sorry about those shit remakes guys but hey I didn't know they were garbage till we tried them. Thanks for stickin' through that lul.

I already played MM with some IRL pals tonight and was reminded why I loathe it. It's so slow.

Devin Olsen said:
Wait is juices trolling us?

edit: Also, Devo get back on!?

In a bit, watching Rocko's Modern Life with the bf. I miss cartoons like this. If I don't get back on, there's always tomorrow afternoon =).

Devolution said:
Devbro I get on and you're not here =O.
Sorry I hopped on for a few games.. I need to get to bed now though.

Tomorrow for sure.

I'm buying/building my new computer tomorrow too, so 720p zero bloom stream goodness tomorrow hopefully!

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
senador said:
Sorry omg.kittens. People are in and out though so I am sure you could get in still.
Hey, it's cool. My buddy is SO TERRIBLE at Halo, so it would have been shitty for everyone else anyways, haha. He just really wants to try ZB. We ended up playing Trenched instead!

Devin Olsen said:
Sorry I hopped on for a few games.. I need to get to bed now though.

Tomorrow for sure.

I'm buying/building my new computer tomorrow too, so 720p zero bloom stream goodness tomorrow hopefully!

Oh snap =o.

There's a bit of host advantage in non-bloom but you just have to play smarter and strafe better. But man if you don't have the energy to fight against host bleh.

Booshka

GG's everyone. Had a much better time than I have ever had so far with Reach. Game plays a lot better.

Juices you shouldn't rage quit out of HaloGAF customs cuz you get shit on once, shrug it off and play. Zero bloom customs are way better than anything in MM. I know you just want to stomp on noobs and talk shit, but that's a pretty cheap way to enjoy Halo in my opinion. Now that the game actually plays well with Zero Bloom and bleedthrough, it's worth it to play competitive customs with people you know. As long as the teams aren't stacked, you should be having fun. If you can't enjoy close games with good settings and with friends on both teams, then I feel bad for you.

Good luck with your Cleansing list if you continue to bitch out of good customs.

Top Bottom