• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT6| There Are Those Who Said This Day Would Never Come

ZalinKrow

Just watched the Community Panel from HaloFest. It was one of the few I didn't get to watch at the time. It was really nice though, great to see the passion people have for all things Halo. Makes it exciting to think about the future :)

wwm0nkey

Booshka said:
That Battlefield 3 Console Tournament thread
Controller vs M+KB bitchfest
is tough to read.
solution to all controller inaccuracy issues

TB_Controller.jpg

Booshka

LOL even Halo pros get fucked over by Leader Traits, someone forgot to change them, so the winning team had an advantage the whole game. After those two games we played I went looking through settings of the MLG no bloom gametype we played. No wonder the games we're so lopsided lol.

Booshka said:
LOL even Halo pros get fucked over by Leader Traits, someone forgot to change them, so the winning team had an advantage the whole game. After those two games we played I went looking through settings of the MLG no bloom gametype we played. No wonder the games we're so lopsided lol.

What is this mean>?

So beta hoppers start next week, Tuesday? Also, is there anyone else on Gaf that actually enjoys Team Slayer besides me? I'd invite people into my games, but I always assume they hate TS.
Letters said:
Overdoziz later got stuck with me and deputy on his team on a 3v3 game, and he took the beating like a champ, now that's the spirit! xD
Haha so true. This made me laugh :) And I was really appreciative of Overdoziz not telling me I sucked.

FyreWulff

Deputy Moonman said:
So beta hoppers start next week, Tuesday? Also, is there anyone else on Gaf that actually enjoys Team Slayer besides me? I'd invite people into my games, but I always assume they hate TS.

Haha so true. This made me laugh :) And I was really appreciative of Overdoziz not telling me I sucked.

I don't hate Team Slayer.. I just find it dry and boring.

It's still better than that.. thing Bungie did to Team Objective, so I'm up for it anytime (when I'm not being crushed under the foot of thousands of line of code)

FyreWulff said:
I don't hate Team Slayer.. I just find it dry and boring.

It's still better than that.. thing Bungie did to Team Objective, so I'm up for it anytime (when I'm not being crushed under the foot of thousands of line of code)
That's cool. I'll have to post when I'm playing games next time. I tried adding you as a friend a while back, but your list is full. How do people have so many people on their friend's list? I think I might have around 30.

Deputy Moonman said:
People hate the playlist because of Armor Lock and yucky Forge Maps not because they hate Slayer. Squad Slayer is much preferred.

FyreWulff

Deputy Moonman said:
That's cool. I'll have to post when I'm playing games next time. I tried adding you as a friend a while back, but your list is full. How do people have so many people on their friend's list? I think I might have around 30.

Lack of clan lists, I feel. In Halo 2 you didn't have to add up a bunch of people since you could just pull up the Halo 2 clan list for all the H2 players you knew.

Nowadays all those people have to go into your friends list PLUS the people you play other games with, and every single damn time I delete someone that looks like they sold their 360 or some crap, they ALWAYS sign on the next day and ask why I deleted them. Every. damn. time.

One time I deleted a guy and he died in a motorcycle accident a month later.

Microsoft needs to implement some sort of group functionality.

My FL is split between:

Penny Arcade Forums
HBO
NeoGAF
Bungie.net

Either that or just let us have more slots already. I haven't seen a damn thing that killing Oxbox Live actually brought us yet.

Tunavi

Banned
Earlier, I went into Invasion alone. Ran into a full party of high ranks. NOPE!

anyway, I dashboarded and just checked the stats now.

OH MY GOD worst K/D I've ever seen

Booshka said:

God damn leader traits lul.

Deputy Moonman said:

Just did a headcount I have 88 Gaffers/people I met through Gaffers on my list currently.

doing_it_wrong.jpg

Hemmorhage is the worst BTB map ever, there's no player movement in there and it promotes sniper whoring heavily.

Evade is another cheap excuse to compensate for Reach's slow player movement, it needs to be replaced by hologram. I hate it more than armor lock as I rarely find anyone using it in BTB but playing against a full team of evaders... not funny. Most annoying ability ever!

Edit. Awesomeness

bobs99 ... said:
Dude no way. I just watched that like a day or two ago in anticipation for Prometheus myself. Awesome movie, but to be honest it wasnt as good as the hype makes out. I must admit it was the first time I had seen it though and it had already been kinda spoiled.
High five! Somehow, I missed this post. Yeah, it carries a lot of hype, but it also came out in 1979. So I give it a little bit of slack. Watching the extended version of Aliens tonight, lol. It's one of the few movies where the extended version is better than the theatrical release.

Deputy Moonman said:
High five! Somehow, I missed this post. Yeah, it carries a lot of hype, but it also came out in 1979. So I give it a little bit of slack. Watching the extended version of Aliens tonight, lol. It's one of the few movies where the extended version is better than the theatrical release.

Im actually planning to check that out tomorrow. I think if I didnt get the Alien vibe from all the films that came out more recently it would have been so much more unique, it must have been amazing when it first came out.

I think seeing stuff like Firefly ruined the isolating feel of outer space for me. For me it feels like its already been done and the extended scenes of paranoia kinda felt too long, but if I hadnt seen all the stuff that copied it afterwards I think I would have been so much more tensed up while watching it lol.

bobs99 ... said:
Im actually planning to check that out tomorrow. I think if I didnt get the Alien vibe from all the films that came out more recently it would have been so much more unique, it must have been amazing when it first came out.

I think seeing stuff like Firefly ruined the isolating feel of outer space for me. For me it feels like its already been done and the extended scenes of paranoia kinda felt too long, but if I hadnt seen all the stuff that copied it afterwards I think I would have been so much more tensed up while watching it lol.
If you haven't seen "Aliens" before, then I won't say anything. I was just about to post one of many quotes that I love from the movie. You'll have to share your impressions afterward.

Deputy Moonman said:
If you haven't seen "Aliens" before, then I won't say anything. I was just about to post one of many quotes that I love from the movie. You'll have to share your impressions afterward.

I always got the impression that the sequels were never as highly regarded as the original? If Aliens is supposed to be better then im really looking forward to it. :p

bobs99 ... said:
I always got the impression that the sequels were never as highly regarded as the original? If Aliens is supposed to be better then im really looking forward to it. :p
The second movie is pretty popular. It's been touted as one of very few sequels better than its original. But don't get your expectations up or you might think it's lame, lol.

Do you guys know where I might find tech articles on the AI of FPS games including Halo? I know the publications section of bnet has a few and those are fantastic but I don't know where some of the Reach AI material was posted. I remember one clip of basic enemy and friendly models battling...

Hydranockz said:
Do you guys know where I might find tech articles on the AI of FPS games including Halo? I know the publications section of bnet has a few and those are fantastic but I don't know where some of the Reach AI material was posted. I remember one clip of basic enemy and friendly models battling...
Didn't Max develop the AI? Maybe ask him at twitter if he knows good sites/blogs etc.

Top Bottom