• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT6| There Are Those Who Said This Day Would Never Come

squidhands said:
Isn't this already available? Could have sworn this was in the Classic playlist, but in all honesty I haven't played that hopper since it debuted.

Not sure if it's the classic hopper, but it's definitely available as an option. :)

Zoolader

Sikamikanico said:
Not sure if it's the classic hopper, but it's definitely available as an option. :)

WORT WORT WORT! How could I miss that?!

I'm booting up Reach right now to see. I'm going to feel very very salty/crunchy/stupid if that was always there :(

Zoolader said:
WHAT WHAT WHAT! How could I miss that?!

I'm booting up Reach right now to see. I'm going to feel very very salty/crunchy/stupid if that was always there :(

This is where I start to regret using the word "definitely".

Still, I'm about 99% sure it is. :)

Gabotron ES said:
Anymore HaloGAF?
I think it was Striker or maybe Havok posted this before, but it bears repeating: precision weapons like the DMR shouldn't be able to knock the Warthog around like they do. Personally, I think the overall changes to the Warthog were completely unnecessary apart from the overheating turret. It was a wonderful vehicle in H3 and for the most part should have been left alone. The Reach vehicles are such a disappointment. :-(

Gui_PT

squidhands said:
I think it was Striker or maybe Havok posted this before, but it bears repeating: precision weapons like the DMR shouldn't be able to knock the Warthog around like they do. Personally, I think the overall changes to the Warthog were completely unnecessary apart from the overheating turret. It was a wonderful vehicle in H3 and for the most part should have been left alone. The Reach vehicles are such a disappointment. :-(

It's ridiculous that if you go over a small bump with that thing and someone hits you with the DMR 4 or 5 times, it'll tip you over.

Ridiculous I say! :lol

Zoolader

Sikamikanico said:
This is where I start to regret using the word "definitely".

Still, I'm about 99% sure it is. :)

There is an option for health regeneration, but it only applies while shields are down completely. It also jumps from 110% to 200% faster regeneration, which seems ridiculous but neither helps me anyways.

Gui_PT said:
It's ridiculous that if you go over a small bump with that thing and someone hits you with the DMR 4 or 5 times, it'll tip you over.

Ridiculous I say! :lol
Fucking embarrassing, I say. Whoever thought that was a good idea needs to have their beard set on fire. ;-)

Zoolader said:
There is an option for health regeneration, but it only applies while shields are down completely. It also jumps from 110% to 200% faster regeneration, which seems ridiculous but neither helps me anyways.
Ah, that must why I wasn't completely sure. Seems a bit strange not to include an option that mimics the previous games' settings, but there a more than a few odd decisions in this game.

edit: nice, Ghaleon. Love that pro-pipe.

Kuroyume

Banned
The Warthog being the way it is in this game is the one the few good things about Reach. I haven't noticed a single person bitch about the Warthogs in this game as it pertains to them being overpowered and annoying. Good.

Ruze789

Kuroyume said:
The Warthog being the way it is in this game is the one the few good things about Reach. I haven't noticed a single person bitch about the Warthogs in this game as it pertains to them being overpowered and annoying. Good.

Haha that's an interesting way to look at it

Kuroyume said:
That's because they're floaty, flippy pieces of shit that can be taken out with a mid-range weapon. The only thing overpowering about the Warthog in H3 was the unlimited use of the turret, which is the only thing that needed to be considered for change in Reach.

squidhands said:
That's because they're floaty, flippy pieces of shit that can be taken out with a mid-range weapon. The only thing overpowering about the Warthog in H3 was the unlimited use of the turret, which is the only thing that needed to be considered for change in Reach.

The warthog isn't much of a threat anymore with the way it controls.

Kuroyume said:

I like it being more eazy to destroy but the handling of it just doesn't feel right compared to previous Halo games. As people before me said, it gets air with nearly every little bump in the terrain which makes it prone to DMR fire and the consequenses of it. Bungie did some good things with the Hog but driving it just doesn't feel the good.

Tha Robbertster said:
I like it being more eazy to destroy but the handling of it just doesn't feel right compared to previous Halo games. As people before me said, it gets air with nearly every little bump in the terrain which makes it prone to DMR fire and the consequenses of it. Bungie did some good things with the Hog but driving it just doesn't feel the good.
Especially when you drive.

Even the anticipation to drive with the Halo 4 Warthog through the epic environment of Halo 4 makes me driveling.

Tawpgun

The power of the reach hog is fine. The vehicle health model and handling is not.

Also HaloGAF I need your help. Could anyone find me what size, type/brand of TV MLG uses? I'm looking at getting a good TV for my dorm.

Hypertrooper said:
Especially when you drive.

Even the anticipation to drive with the Halo 4 Warthog through the epic enviroment of Halo 4 makes me drooling.

That one is below the belt :lol
ask other people dude, it's just something with you that makes my hog go like that

But yes, seeing those vast vistas and the possibility to drive them in a new handling warthog is an awesome idea.

soldat7

Kuroyume said:

And you can still tear it up with smart driving and gunning.

Louis Wu

Gabotron ES said:
I'm getting a 3D TV soon, first Halo CE 3D playthrough will be sweet!
lol - I hope you had better luck than me. :) (I had a headache 10 minutes in.)

The problem, I decided, came down to the weapon model. I have no trouble watching 3D movies - but when, say, the AR is taking up the bottom chunk of the screen, my eyes were trying to focus both on the very close and the far-away at the same time, and it didn't work.

If I switched to a smaller weapon (say, the pistol), things were better - but that's not really a solution. (I never got my hands on a rocket launcher in 3D mode, but I'd guess that would be terrible.)

Eh. Halo Anniversary is gorgeous in 2D. I don't need the 3D.

Louis Wu said:
lol - I hope you had better luck than me. :) (I had a headache 10 minutes in.)

The problem, I decided, came down to the weapon model. I have no trouble watching 3D movies - but when, say, the AR is taking up the bottom chunk of the screen, my eyes were trying to focus both on the very close and the far-away at the same time, and it didn't work.

If I switched to a smaller weapon (say, the pistol), things were better - but that's not really a solution. (I never got my hands on a rocket launcher in 3D mode, but I'd guess that would be terrible.)

I got headache at the end too. Otherwise sometimes I had problems to see even the 3D effect. And I have no real problem with 3D movies. But still what I saw was awesome.

Halo 4 won't get a 3D modus, right? CE:A just got a 3D modus because Sabre had the technology to do that, right?

Kuroyume

Banned
Gui_PT said:
Kuroyume, no offense, but do you just try to like everything we dislike and hate everything we like?

No. Maybe you guys dislike everything I like and like everything I dislike?

Kidding aside... They're plenty of people on here that have agreed with many of the things I've said. I don't disagree just for the hell of it. Seeing as how I prefer Halo 2 the most I have a particular pov on how I want things to function in a Halo game. Halo 3 took vehicles to an annoying/frustrating extreme, and with the exception of the Banshee/Tank I really prefer the changes Reach made to them. I totally understand that the Warthog isn't much fun to drive in Reach, but I've been okay with it since I haven't really played a game that has resembled those slaughters in Standoff that I used to be in the middle of. I don't like being killed over and over by a Warthog every time I spawn. Bad enough that they slowed people down with every new game, but then they throw in a powerful turret, and stopping power to make you move even slower as you're getting shot... Wtf? It's just too unfair. I'd rather run into parties and get pooped on for hours with BRs/DMRs/etc instead of playing a game where people are racking up kills easily on the back of a warthog. It's an extreme opinion but that's the way I feel about it.

Gui_PT

Kuroyume said:
No. Maybe you guys dislike everything I like and like everything I dislike?

Kidding aside... They're plenty of people on here that have agreed with many of the things I've said. I don't disagree just for the hell of it. Seeing as how I prefer Halo 2 the most I have a particular pov on how I want things to function in a Halo game. Halo 3 took vehicles to an annoying/frustrating extreme, and with the exception of the Banshee/Tank I really prefer the changes Reach made to them. I totally understand that the Warthog isn't much fun to drive in Reach, but I've been okay with it since I haven't really played a game that has resembled those slaughters in Standoff that I used to be in the middle of. I don't like being killed over and over by a Warthog every time I spawn. Bad enough that they slowed people down with every new game, but then they throw in a powerful turret, and stopping power to make you move even slower as you're getting shot... Wtf? It's just too unfair. I'd rather run into parties and get pooped on for hours with BRs/DMRs/etc instead of playing a game where people are racking up kills easily on the back of a warthog. It's an extreme opinion but that's the way I feel about it.

Makes sense. Really, no offense meant.

OuterWorldVoice said:
The only thing HaloGaf agrees on is that the Brute Chopper is best Korea.
There will be always one guy who hates it.

I'm sleeping with my brute chooper toy. Yeah I'm felt in love with it. I heard Pumba is jealous but the relationship between the Chooper and me is special

Gui_PT

Hypertrooper said:
There will be always one guy who hates it.

I'm sleeping with my brute chooper toy. Yeah I'm felt in love with it. I heard Pumba is jealous but the relationship between the Chooper and me is special

If that chopper toy has hypertrooper suited "holes", I feel bad for you

Gui_PT said:
Kuroyume, no offense, but do you just try to like everything we dislike and hate everything we like?
He's not a part of the Hivemind! Get him, boys.

Edit: Anyone down for some mid-morning Halo?

Hypertrooper said:
Enjoy the ride. As a non-native english guy I had my problems at the beginning but the book ends really awesome like Halo 2. I hope Amazon will ship Primordium faster this time. I waited for Cryptum nearly two months... :/
What is this I don't even.

Louis Wu said:
This. Also, I hope 3D gets discarded soon - such a lame gimmick.

OuterWorldVoice said:
I think I spied a few in Chief's half of FUD, no? ;)

I like the new hog's handling, it takes skill and good knowledge of the terrain you're driving on

learn2drive gaf :p

sure it could use the halo3 health system eh, but the handling is ok.

Gui_PT

-Yeti said:
He's not a part of the Hivemind! Get him, boys.

2la7y4y.gif

The hell does that mean? Since when is there a Hivemind on HaloGAF? We are always disagreeing with eachother. I only asked that because it feels like he always has the opposite idea of what most people have on everything.

As much as I loved it I can't even fathom how messed up the chopper would be in Reach's vehicle sandbox lol. They probably did us a favor by not including it.

Captain Blood said:
As much as I loved it I can't even fathom how messed up the chopper would be in Reach's vehicle sandbox lol. They probably did us a favor by not including it.
These are a naughty thoughts, too! Stop thinking about it! It is like if you had thought that god didn't exist back in the dark age!

Hypertrooper said:
These are a naughty thoughts, too! Stop thinking about it! It is like if you had thought that god didn't exist back in the dark age!
I just picture the Halo 3 chopper juggling the reach warthog in the air from one side of a map to the other haha. The thing would be like the hammer of Thor.
Edit:
I am on my phone but there is a halo 3 clip somewhere of me in a chopper juggling a warthog on sandtrap. It would be like that x100.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
HaloGAF is so greedy these days. We (see: you guys) got your no bloom and now you want it all changed! I guess I'm a little greedy too. I just want my assists to be changed. They're dear to me.

Actually 343i is rolling out a massive TU next year. It's going to be so different, they're actually just going to package it separately, put it in stores and call it Halo 4. Crazy right?

Captain Blood said:

The Reach version of the Chopper would probably behave as such:

- If you hit the Boost button while driving on anything but level ground, the Chopper flies into space and explodes.
- If you collide with another vehicle or wall while boosting, the Chopper explodes..
- If anyone anywhere on the map uses Armor Lock, the Chopper explodes. And gives that person the kill.
- After two direct hits from a DMR the Chopper's main wheel will begin to wobble. A third hit makes the entire vehicle spin out of control, killing you and whatever battle bros are standing nearby. Also it explodes.
- The Chopper's cannons have been replaced with dual Fuel Rod Guns that can lock onto vehicles. It also locks onto infantry, in case the splash damage isn't enough to kill them.

ncsuDuncan said:

- If you hit the Boost button while driving on anything but level ground, the Chopper flies into space and explodes.
- If you collide with another vehicle or wall while boosting, the Chopper explodes..
- If anyone anywhere on the map uses Armor Lock, the Chopper explodes. And gives that person the kill.
- After two direct hits from a DMR the Chopper's main wheel will begin to wobble. A third hit makes the entire vehicle spin out of control, killing you and whatever battle bros are standing nearby. Also it explodes.
- The Chopper's cannons have been replaced with dual Fuel Rod Guns that can lock onto vehicles. It also locks onto infantry, in case the splash damage isn't enough to kill them.
morganface.gif

OuterWorldVoice said:
No joke I do not like the Chopper... It was fun'ish to bomb around Sand Trap on, but it just wasn't my cup of tea.

The Elephant however, that thing was the bomb.

GhaleonEB

ncsuDuncan said:

- The Chopper's cannons have been replaced with dual Fuel Rod Guns that can lock onto vehicles. It also locks onto infantry, in case the splash damage isn't enough to kill them. Once the cannons are fired, the Chopper explodes.
Amended.

I haven't really put down my thoughts on the title update, partly because I'm still mulling it over. I might do a decent post on it later today over lunch when I get my head above water for a bit.

senador

Banned
ncsuDuncan said:

Ugh, the Reach Chopper is so OP. 343 fix yo shit!

Devin Olsen said:
No joke I do not like the Chopper... It was fun'ish to bomb around Sand Trap on, but it just wasn't my cup of tea.

Agree with you about the Elephant. We need more of these in Halo 4!

ncsuDuncan said:

Sounds like fun.

Devin Olsen said:

Did people use the elephant? I never saw him in action except in Custom games.

ElRenoRaven

OuterWorldVoice said:

Um yea

squidhands said:
The ONLY Korea

See he got it right. Chopper is the only Korea.

Devin Olsen said:

It's ok. So it's not your thing. It's ok to be defective......errr...different. lol

To me the chopper was just a battering ram on wheels. That's what I loved. There is no feeling like boosting that sucker into the side of a vehicle and watching it go KABOOM!!!!!

It was the one addition vehicle wise that I've loved.

ncsuDuncan said:

Oh god, I'm dying of laughter.

Also, I sent lybertyboy that pic on twitter. Perhaps he can let me know if I should share it here too lololol.

Top Bottom