• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT6| There Are Those Who Said This Day Would Never Come

PsychoRaven said:
Um the only time people really got on him was when he'd start berating them. So he's no angel either. Also I didn't see anyone remotely make a post like he did directed at him. Keep in mind I've never disliked the guy the way others have either. If anything when he wasn't all over the honor stuff he was pretty likable I thought.
He wasn't the kinda guy to start berating people outta nowhere.

ElRenoRaven

Hydranockz said:
He wasn't the kinda guy to start berating people outta nowhere.

He did plenty of times. He regularly jumped all over those that objective hold when they would make a joke about it. I don't like that crap either but I certainly don't start shit about it every time they joke about it. I made my thoughts known and moved on as did others.

Ramirez

Hydranockz said:
Pretty shitty post from Laughtrey too let's be honest and judging from Noob's later comment, Laughtrey and him have a bit of a history. I guess we'll never know.

Can we try be a bit nicer to people that join these discussions from now on? Even if they have Halo honour?

Noobs was always civil despite the constant berating of his opinions on here. Some of you guys are the worst. I think it is a damn shame he was banned.

lol, he personally attacked me and my family over a videogame, quit being an apologist for trash. It was taken out, be thankful. ;)

Hydranockz said:
Pretty shitty post from Laughtrey too let's be honest and judging from Noob's later comment, Laughtrey and him have a bit of a history. I guess we'll never know.

Can we try be a bit nicer to people that join these discussions from now on? Even if they have Halo honour?

Noobs was always civil despite the constant berating of his opinions on here. Some of you guys are the worst. I think it is a damn shame he was banned.

Do you understand the difference for berating someone based on opinions and getting personal about it like he was?

ElRenoRaven

Ramirez said:
lol, he personally attacked me and my family over a videogame, quit being an apologist for trash. It was taken out, be thankful. ;)

While I don't agree with the name calling this is a prime example of someone he personally attacked. He attacked him and his family personally. I can't say that anyone did that to him.

wwm0nkey

10 more days until more CEA info.

Also I still want to know what was up with that helmet, we know it wasn't added via the TU but I still want to know about it lol

Ramirez said:
I thought he wasn't aware of your situation and apologised after it (don't quote me on it Ram). I also don't think calling him trash is very fair either.

Either way, however he acted you guys can't hold yourselves in the best light either. All I ask is that we step away from this and learn something from it.

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
Anyone else from HaloGAF live in Cupertino (where I live)/the Bay Area? This manhunt for the dude who went on a shooting spree is nuts. Even my local Y was closed down today (I was hoping to go there for my usual leg workouts that I do every Wednesday). :(

wwm0nkey said:
10 more days until more CEA info.

Also I still want to know what was up with that helmet, we know it wasn't added via the TU but I still want to know about it lol
It really was a weird thing to just dangle in front of us and then cruelly snatch away again.

Well, maybe not "cruelly"... The helmet did look kinda shitty, after all.

ElRenoRaven

Domino Theory said:
Anyone else from HaloGAF live in Cupertino (where I live)/the Bay Area? This manhunt for the dude who went on a shooting spree is nuts. Even my local Y was closed down today (I was hoping to go there for my usual leg workouts that I do every Wednesday). :(

Oh yea I saw that on the news today. Are they still looking for the guy?

wwm0nkey

Blue Ninja said:
It really was a weird thing to just dangle in front of us and then cruelly snatch away again.

Well, maybe not "cruelly"... The helmet did look kinda shitty, after all.
Well thats the only reason I want to know about it, we saw it but got 0 info on it.

Not unless the Tu added in some backend stuff to allow for it with Halo CEA or something.

Ramirez

Hydranockz said:
I thought he wasn't aware of your situation and apologised after it (don't quote me on it Ram). I also don't think calling him trash is very fair either.

Either way, however he acted you guys can't hold yourselves in the best light either. All I ask is that we step away from this and learn something from it.

Doesn't matter if he knew about my situation or not, it could be perfectly normal and there's still no excuse to say anything about my family, lol.

Why do you feel the need to come to their rescue, they're big boys.

Domino Theory said:

In the east bay, dude's still on the loose right? Hope he doesn't come up this way.

Ramirez said:
Doesn't matter if he knew about my situation or not, it could be perfectly normal and there's still no excuse to say anything about my family, lol.

Why do you feel the need to come to their rescue, they're big boys.
It's not so much his rescue so much as a plea for people here to be a bit more open to ideas that differ from their own. People here were terribly abrasive to him and others. I just wish it would change for the better.

Let's not dash my optimism just yet :p

Hydranockz said:
It's not so much his rescue so much as a plea for people here to be a bit more open to ideas that differ from their own. People here were terribly abrasive to him and others. I just wish it would change for the better.

There have been plenty of people here who take the arguing over ideas in stride as well as the ribbing. Notice the posts that got him banned really had nothing to do with a different opinion, they were personal attacks on others.

Do you think the thread really needed more of that?

Ramirez

Hydranockz said:

You're just over thinking things, it's not that big of a deal. We all get along exceptionally well considering how broad the skill level and opinions are here. They came in from day one just trying to get a rise out of people, last night was the best, accusing people who I know wouldn't prolong a game, just golden, lol.

vhfive

pouring one out for one of the greatest halo vets I've ever known

is he's gone for good? I think he was a junior

ElRenoRaven

vhfive said:
pouring one out for one of the greatest halo vets I've ever known

is he's gone for good? I think he was a junior

No he wasn't a junior. He recently went off junior status. Honestly no clue on length. My guess is it's at least a month if not more. After all wasn't he banned once before?

Letters said:
:lol

Man I wonder what kind of playlist variety they will have available on the CEA disc if you completely wipe Reach from the console?? They gotta make it worthwhile no? They can't just have 1 or 2 playlists for people who just have CEA and click on the multiplayer
option... mmm.. even if there's a few Reach maps I enjoy I wouldn't mind giving them up if they take all the bad and the grey ones with them. Complete nuking of Reach from my harddrive might end up being my route. I wish I could straight up choose in my matchmaking options what maps I want to play and the ones I don't.

I assume it's going to be something like:

Team Slayer Anniversary
Team Objective Anniversary
Rumble Pit (Reach style)
Team Slayer (Reach style)
Team Objective (Reach style)

And maybe a BTB playlist that uses Timberland, Headlong, and Hang 'em High.

The bottom line is, CEA will certainly have more than just Classic playlists.

HiredN00bs said:
You're such a dick. Omg, you should go fuck yourself. Ask for lube.

If you were an engineer your name would be Fatter Than Most.
Wow, what the hell?!?

Just because someone baits you doesn't at all excuse going off the rails, that was a deserved banning.

New free Portal 2 Co-Op dlc is fun for those who haven't checked it out yet. Have yet to return to Reach, even to check out the beta hoppers.

senador

Banned
Ha, I can't believe that dude is being defended. Whatever.

ncsuDuncan said:

Team Slayer Anniversary
Rumble Pit (Reach style)

Yikes. I hope CEA brings in a bunch of people or each playlists populations isn't going to be great.

ElRenoRaven

ncsuDuncan said:

Team Slayer Anniversary
Rumble Pit (Reach style)

I would never leave Classic Team Slayer.

feel

wwm0nkey said:
Pretty sure he was so that means it was a perma ban
He wasn't, I clearly remember making a post showing my disappointment on him making it to Member. I'll be honest though, my opinion on him had improved a lot since then, that is until today's episode...

He'll only get a third chance if Bish didn't put bother writing something on his profile back then.

Karl2177

I always think it is super refreshing to go back and watch some of the pre-release videos that Bungie put out.

Also, 343 could have messed with the UI a bit. I noticed a setting that Bungie threw in with the Overshield update. Under one of the settings in the menu is the option to have people's feet on fire with the overshield. I know that wasn't in the initial game settings.

kylej

Banned
man, the beta hopper is filled with little 12 year old scrubs. it's glorious.

badkid3.png

^^^kid sends me this before the game starts

He gets mercilessly donged on, we all go like +10, then I get

badkid2.png

so good

kylej said:

badkid3.png

badkid2.png

so good

I love how you were the target of all the trash talkers today. Like that guy who said Sanctuary/Asylum takes no strategy. Then he just got thoroughly wrecked by us and ragequit out.

Zeouterlimits said:
Wow, what the hell?!?

Just because someone baits you doesn't at all excuse going off the rails, that was a deserved banning.

New free Portal 2 Co-Op dlc is fun for those who haven't checked it out yet. Have yet to return to Reach, even to check out the beta hoppers.
Portal 2 is an unexpected breath of fresh air for me. Absolutely loved the game, can't wait to check out the DLC.

I think my one day of playing the TU beta was enough for me unless they add some different tweaks to the gametype. Reach's maps are unbelievably poor, and depending on the TU settings, they can actually make maps play worse. Randoms don't want to play objective, and I'm already sick of playing Countdown. meh

(Whoa at the last 10 pages) And here I'm thinking that the feel good vibe from the TU would bring more unity to HaloGaf heh.

With that said I'll have to respectfully disagree with those that claim 85% bloom still feels similar to 100% bloom. I made the assumption that such a minimal change would have little to no impact on the detrimental dynamics of the bloom mechanic but the difference in very very noticeable. I can't stress enough how imperative it is for 343 to strongly consider making 85% bloom the standard for vanilla.

Oh and can I haz my ZB playlist now 343? Pretty plz??

Puss-In-Boots-photo.jpg

Oh and *sigh* true skill at its finest blah blah blah hoping for that new and improved formula with Halo 4 :p

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
What's with this uprising trend of calling people try hards? Are you seriously coming up with a stupid name for people who are competitive and want to win?

ncsuDuncan said:

Team Slayer Anniversary
Rumble Pit (Reach style)

Give me a 4v4 Anniversary playlist with slayer and objective, not splint into two playlists, and I will never stop playing this game.

ElRenoRaven

squidhands said:
Portal 2 is an unexpected breath of fresh air for me. Absolutely loved the game, can't wait to check out the DLC.

I think my one day of playing the TU beta was enough for me unless they add some different tweaks to the gametype. Reach's maps are unbelievably poor, and depending on the TU settings, they can actually make maps play worse. Randoms don't want to play objective, and I'm already sick of playing Countdown. meh

HEHE. Told you Portal 2 was great. I thought it couldn't get better then Portal 1 but they pulled it off and really did improve on it a ton.

Havok

Domino Theory said:
What's with this uprising trend of calling people try hards? Are you seriously coming up with a stupid name for people who are competitive and want to win?
It's an easy way to brush off that they just lost and throw in an insult while they're at it.

The internet, dude.

PsychoRaven said:
HEHE. Told you Portal 2 was great. I thought it couldn't get better then Portal 1 but they pulled it off and really did improve on it a ton.
I'm actually a little bit ashamed that I never finished the original. Time to correct that mistake. :)

Ramirez

Domino Theory said:

The term has been around forever, people will come up with anything when they lose, as if they weren't trying either. Suuuuuure.

Can we thank the MLG community for the creation of it? Most dumb stuff comes from them.

ElRenoRaven

squidhands said:
I'm actually a little bit ashamed that I never finished the original. Time to correct that mistake. :)

Yes it is. Portal 1 was so good. It was a bit slow toward the middle but it without a doubt improved as it went on.

Wow and Rest in Peace Steve Jobs.

Ramirez said:
The term has been around forever, people will come up with anything when they lose, as if they weren't trying either. Suuuuuure.

Can we thank the MLG community for the creation of it? Most dumb stuff comes from them.

Gotta admit it's pretty funny when someone has an MLG pic and gets wrecked.

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
PsychoRaven said:
Yes it is. Portal 1 was so good. It was a bit slow toward the middle but it without a doubt improved as it went on.

Wow and Rest in Peace Steve Jobs.

Today has not been a good day for us here in Cupertino. :(

squidhands said:

Yeah im in the exact same boat. I played 1 game earlier and like clockwork I was left playing on Uncaged and 2 people quit.

The problem is not only just the bad maps. I want to migrate to Bumper Jumper with No Bloom but since AA's are still around im kind of switching between the 2 control schemes. AA's like hologram and Invis are actually worse now that the kill times are so low. The amount of games I have had where the entire enemy team is camo or using hologram has been beyond infuriating. I also cant comprehend who thought the Jetpack was a good idea in the playlist lol. The playlist seems to have all the problems of vanilla reach (except if your lucky, very rarely the bloom isnt there) and so just isnt fun. Hell the slow move speed + the faster kill times makes things worse.

I know CEA will have a classic no bloom setting and so I feel this beta is going totally to waste. Dont 343 want our opinion on how well theyre settings for that plays? Right now we have a pretty gimped playlist which just isnt fun.

Also woah at HiredN00bs, guy went off the rails, I wonder what Laughtery said to provoke that outburst. (The quoted post didnt seem that bad.)

EDIT: Woah RIP Steve Jobs. Thats really come as a shock.

kylej said:

badkid3.png

badkid2.png

so good
Man, you just seem to attract the butthurt kids.

Top Bottom