• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT6| There Are Those Who Said This Day Would Never Come

Homeboyd

lybertyboy said:
Planning to, but it's still in the oven.
On a completely unrelated note, are the 15k jackpots still floating about? (I guess anyone could answer if they've gotten one).

Any plans on dropping some of those back in on the weekends (or whenever)?

I know you guys are busy with the TU beta playlist (among other things) and that this isn't a priority, I was just wondering if they were left on since the switch.

()

bobs99 ... said:
Yeah im in the exact same boat. I played 1 game earlier and like clockwork I was left playing on Uncaged and 2 people quit.

The problem is not only just the bad maps. I want to migrate to Bumper Jumper with No Bloom but since AA's are still around im kind of switching between the 2 control schemes. AA's like hologram and Invis are actually worse now that the kill times are so low. The amount of games I have had where the entire enemy team is camo or using hologram has been beyond infuriating. I also cant comprehend who thought the Jetpack was a good idea in the playlist lol. The playlist seems to have all the problems of vanilla reach (except if your lucky, very rarely the bloom isnt there) and so just isnt fun. Hell the slow move speed + the faster kill times makes things worse.

I know CEA will have a classic no bloom setting and so I feel this beta is going totally to waste. Dont 343 want our opinion on how well theyre settings for that plays? Right now we have a pretty gimped playlist which just isnt fun.

Also woah at HiredN00bs, guy went off the rails, I wonder what Laughtery said to provoke that outburst. (The quoted post didnt seem that bad.)

EDIT: Woah RIP Steve Jobs. Thats really come as a shock.
Also a big reason I don't like zero bloom slayer. I want to be able to move without having to rely on an AA when I'm getting lasered with the DMR. Default Reach speed is just not right for the gametype.

lybertyboy

Thinks the Evil Empire is just misunderstood.
Homeboyd said:
On a completely unrelated note, are the 15k jackpots still floating about? (I guess anyone could answer if they've gotten one).

Any plans on dropping some of those back in on the weekends (or whenever)?

I know you guys are busy with the TU beta playlist (among other things) and that this isn't a priority, I was just wondering if they were left on since the switch.

Funny that you mention that...

lybertyboy said:
Funny that you mention that...
hAm6c.gif

I now assume something will be in the update about it.

squidhands said:
Also a big reason I don't like zero bloom slayer. I want to be able to move without having to rely on an AA when I'm getting lasered with the DMR. Default Reach speed is just not right for the gametype.

Couldn't agree more. Love ZB but I'm fully aware that the core settings need some fine tuning. 110% speed + sprint for me. Not a fan of 120% speed and no sprint personally as I see no glaring downside to that particular AA to justify its removal.

On a somewhat related note while I did gain some sense of gratification from the following clip I still absolutely despise armor lock. Please keep this bull**** get out of jail free card out of Halo 4 MM.

xxxstylzxxx said:
On a somewhat related note while I did gain some sense of gratification from the following clip I still absolutely despise armor lock. Please keep this bull**** get out of jail free card out of Halo 4 MM.
ADe0h.gif

It's kind of amazing how euphoric I felt looking at that clip. So good.

feel

xxxstylzxxx said:
On a somewhat related note while I did gain some sense of gratification from the following clip
At first I wondered why everyone was praising an Armor Lock clip

but then I watched it and was all like
mj69s3.jpg

would be cool to watch a double beatdown failtage, I'm sure a lot of guys are still trying to pull that off in the beta hopper too

MrBig

Letters said:
would be cool to watch a double beatdown failtage, I'm sure a lot of guys are still trying to pull that off in the beta hopper too
I haven't gotten my live renewed yet, how has the been changed?

xxxstylzxxx said:
Couldn't agree more. Love ZB but I'm fully aware that the core settings need some fine tuning. 110% speed + sprint for me. Not a fan of 120% speed and no sprint personally as I see no glaring downside to that particular AA to justify its removal.

k9hkz.jpg

Havok

"BTB is hurting for a map experience that Invasion maps don’t provide..."

This is such a nice way to say that all the current BTB and Invasion maps are garbage.

wwm0nkey said:
http://i56.tinypic.com/20prh9j.jpg[IMG]

Looks sooooo good.[/QUOTE]
True that, but like Photolysis said above, I think the HUD could still use some work. Brighten it up a bit, add more clarity to the text. Something seems a bit off with it all.

Also FUCK YES you guys made the AR sound better than it's ever been. It's been crap in 3 and Reach, but Anniversary's bringing it back.

PsychoRaven said:
Oh those sexy sexy sounds. I really really like the sound work. Especially the plasma grenade sounds.

I like them all except for the melee attack. Seems a little... excessive.

The environmental sound effects at the 2 minute mark are great though!

blamite

WOAH, those plasma grenades sound insane, maybe even a little overdone? :lol

Game looks great though, and the new sounds are awesome. Can't wait for this! Af first I was really only excited for the new multiplayer maps, but with each video released my hype for the new CE campaign grows. :D

wwm0nkey

I know that most of the work on this game was the new graphics layer but anyone else think it looks miles above how Reach looked?

ElRenoRaven

wwm0nkey said:
I know that most of the work on this game was the new graphics layer but anyone else think it looks miles above how Reach looked?

It does. They have come a hell of a long way from the builds shown off awhile ago. I'm impressed.

feel

Oh my, did I spot the sexy Halo CE flashlight effect?

Can't wait to get home and hear the sounds, without audio on this pc, but the game looks sexy (except for the shotgun clipping through the camera after each shot, but I assume that's been fixed already)

wwm0nkey said:

The game does look fantastic, minor issues with the UI aside. Can't wait to see what AoTCR, SC, T&R and Halo look like in the final build. 343GS looks amazing, and I'm really digging the particle effects from the plasma grenade.

wwm0nkey

Photolysis said:
The game does look fantastic, minor issues with the UI aside. Can't wait to see what AoTCR, SC, T&R and Halo look like in the final build. 343GS looks amazing, and I'm really digging the particle effects from the plasma grenade.
I can only imagine what Halo 4 is going to look like lol

wwm0nkey said:
Aesthetically I think Halo 3 looks miles above Reach. CEA is definitely taking on a more Halo 3 approach than Reach.

Top Bottom