• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT6| There Are Those Who Said This Day Would Never Come

H/O.
Re: Data Drop

Got confused reading Blamite's post. Thought it implied UNSC knew about the tracker, which would be a Universe breaker for me.
The way worlds had been falling, and the length of the war, I can see the inevitability of Reach's demise but to claim they knew that the Iroq was specifically tracked... that would border on shark jumping for me right now.

Also, do you really have a problem with party chat being blocked Devo? Not interested in protecting the game experience e.g. delaying/remove trophy/achievement notifications in games due to "ruining the moment/experience"?

blamite

Zeouterlimits said:
H/O.

Got confused reading Blamite's post. Thought it implied UNSC knew about the tracker, which would be a Universe breaker for me.
The way worlds had been falling, and the length of the war, I can see the inevitability of Reach's demise but to claim they knew that the Iroq was specifically tracked... that would border on shark jumping for me right now.
I guess I misspoke when I said they new the Iroquois was tracked; I was just refering to the part at the botom of 4b saying "the only exception to this, in my mind, would be if the Covenant had already located Reach and it was deemed indefensible."

That doesn't necessarily mean that this is what happened, or that the Iroquois tracker was how they knew Reach had been found. It does kind of open up the possibility, though.

Zeouterlimits said:
Also, do you really have a problem with party chat being blocked Devo? Not interested in protecting the game experience e.g. delaying/remove trophy/achievement notifications in games due to "ruining the moment/experience"?

I just find it silly to completely block it. Game should have a warning, not cut off being able to party chat. If I want to be immersed in a game, I'll avoid party chat myself. To completely cut off the avenue of choice though, lol.

Devolution said:
I just find it silly to completely block it. Game should have a warning, not cut off being able to party chat. If I want to be immersed in a game, I'll avoid party chat myself. To completely cut off the avenue of choice though, lol.
Eh, I guess I'm alright with an artist wanting to protect the sanctity of their piece.

But then I think of things like Invisible walls in Reach & H3 and I wonder if it'd be hypocritical.
I just know that if party chat was enabled, there would be plenty of abuse of it in DS.

Zeouterlimits said:
Eh, I guess I'm alright with an artist wanting to protect the sanctity of their piece.

But then I think of things like Invisible walls in Reach & H3 and I wonder if it'd be hypocritical.
I just know that if party chat was enabled, there would be plenty of abuse of it in DS.

Does it matter? private chat still works correct?

If someone abuses the game (in a game like this) then their only spoiling it for themselves.
Party chat should be available on ALL games, sure advise against it with a little pop up for instance but dont ban it all together.

This means if i ever play DS then im playing in silence, normally i like to mindlessly chat with real life friends when im online in a single player game.

Zeouterlimits said:

A recommendation of "Hey you're in party chat. We believe for an optimal experience you shouldn't be in chat when playing the game" is fine, blocking features is not. There's a line and disabling chat crosses that line. No game should have the right to dictate a consumer's actions like that.

It wouldn't be acceptable for a horror film to turn all your lights off in your home to preserve the "sanctity" of the experience. I don't see any difference with this, just because it's all taking place on the same device.

feel

Devolution said:
That's nice and all, but Dark Souls doesn't give a shit about any of it. :)

It seriously would rather lose your purchase than give a shit.

Letters said:
That's nice and all, but Dark Souls doesn't give a shit about any of it. :)

It seriously would rather lose your purchase than give a shit.

Who said I wouldn't purchase it, pal already has it on ps3. I just find the concept stupid and setting a bad precedent. Oh noes my pals and I are ruining the game by even being in the same room while someone plays it.

feel

Devolution said:
Who said I wouldn't purchase it, pal already has it on ps3. I just find the concept stupid and setting a bad precedent. Oh noes my pals and I are ruining the game by even being in the same room while someone plays it.
COD:mw2 (or was it gears2?) could set a bad precedent with the partychat blocking, Dark Souls is too niche, risky and unique for anyone to care or follow any of what it does. This is not the typical commercial game focus tested to hell and back, anyone willing to play a niche punishing game like this with the weird and innovative features it has, will be easilly willing to give up partychat for the good of the experience. I'm just glad games like this get to come out, games that don't get compromised by the goals of high sales numbers.

blamite

Wait, I haven't been paying much attention to Dark Souls news, even though I definitely plan on getting the game down the road, so do they really block party chat? Like, all the time? That sucks.

wwm0nkey

blamite said:
Wait, I haven't been paying much attention to Dark Souls news, even though I definitely plan on getting the game down the road, so do they really block party chat? Like, all the time? That sucks.
I don't see why they would for Dark Souls, for a game like Armored Core V I would completely understand though.

I'm super sorry for how off-topic (and self-promoting) this is, but you've got to check out the Steam pre-order bonuses for Dungeon Defenders.

And with that, I promise I won't talk about the game anymore.

I'm going to introduce my girlfriend's brother to the world of new bloom/no bloom later tonight.

feel

wwm0nkey said:
I don't see why they would for Dark Souls, for a game like Armored Core V I would completely understand though.
It's not about cheating, it's mostly about the tension. If I invade someone's world, I want the guy to be completely scared as I would in his situation, and not being soothed and distracted by his friends' voices.

blamite

Hitmonchan107 said:
I'm super sorry for how off-topic (and self-promoting) this is, but you've got to check out the Steam pre-order bonuses for Dungeon Defenders.

I'm going to introduce my girlfriend's brother to the world of new bloom/no bloom later tonight.
Woah that's cool. Bought.

ElRenoRaven

Hitmonchan107 said:

Interesting. Already bought one of these types of games though.

PsychoRaven said:
Interesting. Already bought one of these types of games though.
No worries. I wasn't trying to get anyone to buy anything. I was just genuinely excited about it. :^)

I've been holding off on replaying the CE campaign. I've already scheduled the day off from work to run through Anniversary.

ElRenoRaven

Hitmonchan107 said:
No worries. I wasn't trying to get anyone to buy anything. I was just genuinely excited about it. :^)

I've been holding off on replaying the CE campaign. I've already scheduled the day off from work to run through Anniversary.

Oh I didn't think you were. I mean it looks cool. I'd probably buy it if I hadn't just sold a couple of PS3 games to buy Orcs Must Die the other day. lol

kylej

Banned
Tashi0106 said:
edit: I think we're scrimming Infamous

YouGonnaGetLoved.jpg

edit. for those who don't know, Infamous won the last MLG event. show some GAF support

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
kylej said:
YouGonnaGetLoved.jpg

edit. for those who don't know, Infamous won the last MLG event. show some GAF support
Rape joke and racist joke. New low.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
kylej said:
... it's a goofy meme picture. Lighten up.

need one for TU. jelyk
Okay. I'm gonna respond via PM. I don't want to derail the thread.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
After getting clowned on by Infamous I've come to the conclusion that Ryanoob is the fuckin best. Guy's insane.

Zeouterlimits said:
H/O.

They knew about it. It was confirmed as much in the Adjunct stories of TFoR's re-release.

Booshka

Tashi0106 said:
After getting clowned on by Infamous I've come to the conclusion that Ryanoob is the fuckin best. Guy's insane.
He is, unbelievable player. He does a lot of shit that doesn't make sense, I'll see him make a decision that looks idiotic, but it is actually brilliant and he'll pull it off.

GhaleonEB said:
Wondering if this is the reason people are having a hard time adjusting to damage bleed.

http://carnage.bungie.org/haloforum/halo.forum.pl?read=1104747

Oh wow. I wonder if this carries over to shots needed to kill too? I swear on Zealot the other day, I picked up a healthpack, recharged, then was killed in three shots (at least it felt that way).

Quite a serious glitch. I'm sure they'll fix it - that's half the point of the tu beta right? To find things they couldn't.

GhaleonEB said:
Wondering if this is the reason people are having a hard time adjusting to damage bleed.

http://carnage.bungie.org/haloforum/halo.forum.pl?read=1104747

Haven't noticed this yet online, but this a serieus bug that needs to be fixed. I wonder if they can actually do that without releasing a second title update.

I hope there is something in megalo that allows to fix this. It would be a lot faster then making, testing and releasing another TU.

Booshka said:
He is, unbelievable player. He does a lot of shit that doesn't make sense, I'll see him make a decision that looks idiotic, but it is actually brilliant and he'll pull it off.

Good news Booshka. After the event, Ogre 2 might stream some Shadowrun, CE, or Halo 2.

FyreWulff

TheOddOne said:
You know it's good when everybody doesn't even try to get the DMR.

Who would? The bullet instantly travels to max distance, and I can't be arsed to look but it's probably near the same distance the DMR bullet travels.

On Asylum Zero Bloom you can pistolkill someone from snipe to snipe fairly fast, even out of red reticule range.

The only way zero bloom can work without breaking the Reach sandbox is to lock the pistol and DMR's ROF to the no-bloom ROF. Don't know why they just didn't do it that way, would have made more sense, and they broke LAN compatibility anyway so you might as well change client-side attributes like that.

TheOddOne

FyreWulff said:
On Asylum Zero Bloom you can pistolkill someone from snipe to snipe fairly fast, even out of red reticule range.
After playing half of my matches on that map yesterday, this really mostly happens on that map.

Top Bottom