• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT6| There Are Those Who Said This Day Would Never Come

Nutter

Trasher said:
I wonder how good the story is.

Whelp, I'm going dark now until release. Don't want any spoilers.
Sgt. Johnson dies.......

.....many times during the game.

And of course the game looks good. :p

FyreWulff

It's definitely the easiest one to me. Lowest enemy counts, and later on you can just let the Flood and Covies thin each other out and sweep up the remains as you advance.

The most annoying thing will be Rocket Flood. Ugggghhhh

PNut

Banned
Nutter said:
CE really isn't that hard even on Legendary.

That's what I keep hearing but it seemed much harder than H3, ODST and Reach to me. Maybe I was just used to the gameplay in those games. Never tried H2 on Legendary.

On T&R I ran out of Sniper ammo real quick and it was over after that.

ElRenoRaven

PNut said:
That's what I keep hearing but it seemed much harder than H3, ODST and Reach to me. Maybe I was just used to the gameplay in those games. Never tried H2 on Legendary.

Yea. Difficulty wise here is my rankings from hardest to easiest.

Halo 2 (Total bullshit)

Halo: Reach (Pretty damn tough but very doable if you are determined.)

Halo (Pretty much on par with Reach Tough but very doable if you are determined.)

Halo3: ODST (Not that tough except those damn hunters.)

Halo 3: Pretty damn easy even on Legendary.

blamite

Heh, I always found CE to be the hardest game, second only to H2, on Legendary, with ODST the easiest. I had more trouble with 3 than Reach, as well, but that's probably due to the skippability of so may encounters, plus the fact that i've (hopefully) gotten better at Halo over the years.

Striker

Bring back in Halo 4, plz.

6ihdoy.jpg

heckfu

Banned
blamite said:
Heh, I always found CE to be the hardest game, second only to H2, on Legendary, with ODST the easiest. I had more trouble with 3 than Reach, as well, but that's probably due to the skippability of so may encounters, plus the fact that i've (hopefully) gotten better at Halo over the years.

blerg. Halo2 has always been my kryptonite when it comes to legendary. still haven't beaten it all the way through to this day on that difficulty.

Nutter

PNut said:

Like with all Legendary runs (outside of a jump here or there) the main thing you need to do is plasma combo enemies with shields. Bullets come AFTER that. Once you get that down, the game becomes very easy. But thankfully Halo CE also has the most area's players can skip thanks to grenade jumps and such that it becomes even more easier.

FyreWulff

heckfu said:
blerg. Halo2 has always been my kryptonite when it comes to legendary. still haven't beaten it all the way through to this day on that difficulty.

It's the only thing keeping me from 1000/1000ing Halo 2 Vista. Now I'm going to have jackals in my nightmares again.

ElRenoRaven

heckfu said:

You're not alone. I've been trying for years. Closest I got was the last 4 levels. After about a year and a half stuck in the chamber with the brutes and grunts i said fuck it and finally gave up. 7 years was enough. The only game I can't beat on it's hardest difficulty.

FyreWulff said:
It's the only thing keeping me from 1000/1000ing Halo 2 Vista. Now I'm going to have jackals in my nightmares again.

For me it's that and the multiplayer ones and the scarab gun one. Servers are almost all dead and sure as hell don't cycle through all the gametypes and maps.

GhaleonEB

heckfu said:
I did it exactly once. Never again.

I still remember getting headshot by a Jackal sniper while driving on the beach on Metropolis.

From across the map. While going full speed. And power drifting.

blamite

heckfu said:
I've been stuck in Hangar 2 for soooo long. I would probably try to get through the rest of the game to get that 1000/1000 if Waypoint actually tracked Achievements for the PC version. :lol Maybe someday...

Havok

blamite said:
I've been stuck in Hangar 2 for soooo long. I would probably try to get through the rest of the game to get that 1000/1000 if Waypoint actually tracked Achievements for the PC version. :lol Maybe someday...
Place box over turret. Use turret. Shoot dudes. Profit.

Counting up the Halo 2 levels I've done Legendary, I've beaten that game like 20 times on Legendary by now (My memory card with my skull checkpoints got corrupted, so I had to do it twice :/).

Kibbles said:
Put all the gameplay clips together. 343 has so many cuts in the video, took me longer than expected. Just added the Halo theme over it, wanted to use the remastered version but I didn't see it uploaded in full yet.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-93tRJCgXjs
Seeing the gameplay gives me goosepumps everytime. I think I said it about 100times: Anniversary is going to be my GotY. I feel no hype for B:AC, AC:R, Skyrim etc., it's just because I know that I'm going to have a lot of fun with Anniversary. A LOT.

The Anniversary model of the Chief looks so good, I really want to have a WETA replica figure of it. Damn.

Kibbles

heckfu said:
I never did it on Xbox, I think I just beat it on Heroic. But on Halo 2 Vista I wanted to get the achievements so my first playthrough was Legendary. It was fun heh. I got caught up at parts sure, but I liked being able to play for the nostalgia and not beat it all in a few hours or whatever, I played it a lot differently and took my time over some days. It felt good when I finally beat it man.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
It's been said a bazillion times, but holy shit does CEA look good.

:bow

Edit: Hitmon, get a memorial tattoo to the Brute Chopper.

lybertyboy

Thinks the Evil Empire is just misunderstood.
Hitmonchan107 said:
I'm considering a forearm tattoo, and I might make it Halo related. (It'd have to be a subtle Halo reference.)

Any suggestions?
My Dad always told me not to get a tattoo where a judge might see it.

Go for Cortana sexytime.

Kibbles

One thing I noticed. The AR ammo counter goes to only 1 number centered on the screen. Wasn't it always 2 digits in the original? (Like in the remastered version it's "3" instead of "03")

omg.kittens said:
It's been said a bazillion times, but holy shit does CEA look good.

:bow

Edit: Hitmon, get a memorial tattoo to the Brute Chopper.
It's going to be a pink Elite driving a Chopper with the words "Free EazyB" underneath.

lybertyboy said:
My Dad always told me not to get a tattoo where a judge might see it.

Go for Cortana sexytime.
Your dad sounds like a smart man. I'm still mulling it over. :^)

My body is the perfect canvas for that Cortana/Guilty Spark sex art I've been planning.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Hitmonchan107 said:
I'm considering a forearm tattoo, and I might make it Halo related. (It'd have to be a subtle Halo reference.)

Any suggestions?
Don't get a tattoo if this is what you had in mind.

Got my 2nd Killionaire medal by playing what else....Grifball

Was one kill away from getting my 1st Wrecking Crew, but another Killionaire is just fine by me

senador

Banned
ncsuDuncan said:

I wanted this anyway, but after hearing impressions and seeing this post I just ordered it. Woot.

Barrow Roll said:
I'm telling you, 343i, give Hot Toys the Halo license.

I own that Iron Man and it's incredible. I would pay far too much to have a Master Chief with that level of detail.

I have a buddy that gets those. He's got several on display in his office at home. They are amazingly detailed. The Boba Fett one coming up looks so good. I'd love to see some Halo ones done but I don't know that I could shell out the money for them. They are soooo spendy.

In other toy news, did you hear ThreeA got Halo toys licensing early this summer? I didn't know much about them but after seeing some other toys and hearing about them from the same friend as above, it could be pretty exciting. Looking forward to seeing what they do.

senador said:
I have a buddy that gets those. He's got several on display in his office at home. They are amazingly detailed. The Boba Fett one coming up looks so good. I'd love to see some Halo ones done but I don't know that I could shell out the money for them. They are soooo spendy.

In other toy news, did you hear ThreeA got Halo toys licensing early this summer? I didn't know much about them but after seeing some other toys and hearing about them from the same friend as above, it could be pretty exciting. Looking forward to seeing what they do.
Never heard of ThreeA, I'll have to look into that later.

Zeouterlimits said:
Posable lips?

Face is uncanny in a good way, fully suited looks badass.
I believe the mouth section on the cowled head are three interchangeable parts.

But fuuuuck that looks so good. That figure just reaffirms my love for Batman Begins suit. Way better than the Dark Knight suit. Well except for the head turning part.

Come on 343i, stop worrying about bloom and TUs and Kinect drama. Hot Toys Halo. Make it happen.

Barrow Roll said:
Never heard of ThreeA, I'll have to look into that later.

Come on 343i, stop worrying about bloom and TUs and Kinect drama. Hot Toys Halo. Make it happen.
You're probably right about the heads.

ThreeA's stuff looks amazing. Wow. Gimme Chief & Cortana, plz.

Hitmonchan107 said:
It's going to be a pink Elite driving a Chopper with the words "Free EazyB" underneath.

Your dad sounds like a smart man. I'm still mulling it over. :^)

My body is the perfect canvas for that Cortana/Guilty Spark sex art I've been planning.

When I read 'my body is the perfect canvas' I started thinking things about myself that had nothing to do with Cortana or Guilty Spark.

Plywood said:
Don't get a tattoo if this is what you had in mind.

This. Honestly.

TheOddOne said:
Tell that to Uncharted 2.

Indeed.

Sometimes it's a strange world out there.
seinfeld101.jpg

Looked up some master chief tats in google. Don't do any of those. Awful.

Also what the fuck is this shit:

tattoo+pink+master+chief+halo.jpg

LazarusCayde_tattoo.jpg

Master-Chief-Halo.jpg

halo_reach_cortana_tattoo_by_outrider81-d2yotyb.jpg

1248941790_399.jpg

tumblr_lrlcnm3sAV1qzabkfo1_500.jpg

If you get anything like these I will come over there and whoop your ass personally.

Devolution said:
Looked up some master chief tats in google. Don't do any of those. Awful.

Also what the fuck is this shit:

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_X1IWXuEbgXI/S0Gnv2r81-I/AAAAAAAAB8Q/QSnc4qSUtQM/s640/tattoo+pink+master+chief+halo.jpg[img]

[img]http://nikon.bungie.org/images/LazarusCayde_tattoo.jpg[img]

[img]http://www.sobcontrollers.com/temp/wp-content/uploads//09/Master-Chief-Halo.jpg

http://hawtymcbloggy.files.wordpress.com/2010/09/halo_reach_cortana_tattoo_by_outrider81-d2yotyb.jpg[/]

[IMG]http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a124/boysofsheahem/blog%20graphics/1248941790_399.jpg[/]

[img]http://26.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lrlcnm3sAV1qzabkfo1_500.jpg[/]

If you get anything like these I will come over there and whoop your ass personally.[/QUOTE]That's more: hey do that. Because then I have reason to visit you. :P

TheOddOne

Devolution said:
The detailing is good but the color choice, composition and cortana make me wanna gag.
I actually like cortana figure
laugh.gif

If I ever get a tattoo, which I doubt will happen, I would get something non-game related and in black and white. B&W is more classy.

TheOddOne said:
I actually like cortana figure
laugh.gif

If I ever get a tattoo, which I doubt will happen, I would get something non-game related and in black and white. B&W is more classy.

I hate it. The legs are pissing me off.

Top Bottom