• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT6| There Are Those Who Said This Day Would Never Come

ElRenoRaven

Wow. Talk about damn too close name wise. Saw an article at IGN about this game. Look at the details and see if you can guess why I had to do a double take when just glancing at the title.

345 Games' "Ugly Americans: Apocalypsegeddon" Launches Today

Here are the details

Ugly Americans: Apocalypsegeddon

Published by: 345 Games
Genre: Shooter
Release Date:
US: August 30, 2011
MSRP: $9.99
RP for Rating Pending
Also Available On: Xbox 360

thezerofire said:
I think the main complaint is that bloom makes it easier for people with the best connections to do this. And no, you would have to aim over their head better to hit them
You could assume that both players' aim was perfect (centered on body, centered on head, appropriately) and still the spammer is going to benefit from a reduction in bloom.

i nerini del buio said:
My mission is camping the sniper spawn and mow down every banshee as soon as it takes off. And with as soon as I mean like within 5 seconds. I'm going to make every Reach player hate that thing until noone ever use it.
Lots of hate messages, so I do have fun too lol
Keeping fighting the good fight dude. I must not play enough of playlists with banshees because I didn't realize there was that much of a problem.

Gui_PT

senador said:
She has good points, is reasonable, and is nice though. She also has not posted a pic of herself with a gun.

squidhands said:
Mass PM to the regulars who aren't caught up?

You don't insult a lady like that. :)

=P
Hopefully she'll know it was a joke.

Zoolader

Ugh I spent 20 minutes figuring out to ride the soft barrier down and now the teacher is just giving out answers to the tardy kids. Not a big deal, but I had a question for Devin. Does it matter if we use the given map assets to complete this race, is getting armor lock at the end and using it the only thing you are looking for?

I don't want to be too open with my question because I think it gives me an advantage...

PsychoRaven said:
Wow. Talk about damn too close name wise. Saw an article at IGN about this game. Look at the details and see if you can guess why I had to do a double take when just glancing at the title.

Stay tuned for their American Idol parenting spinoff game "J-Lo CD: A Nursery Addition."

feel

I'm in a clinic meeting my awesome baby nephew who was born a few hours ago.

Room number?

"117"

Like a boss...

ElRenoRaven

Letters said:
I'm in a clinic meeting my awesome baby nephew who was born a few hours ago.

Room number?

"117"

Like a boss...

Awwwww. I remember when my nephew was born. I was at a lock in at a church in the city. I come home from it and my mom says you need to hurry and get home, your nephew is going to call. I was like WHOA.

Hard to believe that later this month that will have been 18 years ago. God they grow up so fast.

HiredN00bs said:
You could assume that both players' aim was perfect (centered on body, centered on head, appropriately) and still the spammer is going to benefit from a reduction in bloom.
So it becomes lowest common denominator and they both spam. This is why we want bloom gone. When Reach came out I tried to play nice and time my shots but I kept losing shootouts against people who would just spam. This lead to a lose lose situation where I either get killed by someone spamming or get an unrewarding kill from spamming.

HiredN00bs said:
And it would be less random, since the reticule would be smaller.

vhfive

Devin Olsen said:
Sorry guys :( I really did not intend for the start to be so hard.
It's ok I just turned a corner in it and can land almost every time. Now the end is giving me troubles. lol

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
A27 Tawpgun said:
In my powerless state I've been re-reading Cryptum and re-discovering some pretty cool things.

The Prophets were spread across 2 worlds in the same system. The third world was a storage depot for outdated forerunner weapons... This must be how they got all the technology. And the big revelation... The big Fortress Class forerunner ship called the Deep Reverence... The one guarding the prophets... Its described exactly like High Charity... Something about a 50 km wide hemisphere with a weapon studded tail. Can't wait for more mind blowing in Primordium.
God, that sounds awesome. I might have to give Cryptum another shot.

senador said:
She has good points, is reasonable, and is nice though. She also has not posted a pic of herself with a gun.
Devo with a gun could only lead to a bloom-induced rage massacre. There is no other outcome. :p

Kujo

Anyone else get a warm fuzzy feeling when the voting numbers before a match ends up:

[1] MAP NAME
[1] MAP NAME
[7] MAP NAME

Dani said:
You trying to bypass the Community Cartographers? =)

No, of course not. Community Cartographers read this thread. Hell, it probably has the highest concentration of CC members of any public forum on the interwebs. My post was mostly aimed at getting other Forge masters interested in making variants for the TU's gametypes.

I know 343i employees read this thread too. I don't care who I have to go through, I just think that even if my own maps aren't the best answer, the idea at the core of my post is worth pursuing (although I hope 343i already has a plan for the Beta Hopper map selection).

I will say that I am very very confident that my Glaive variant plays better than the default Sword Base in AA-free gametypes. (I personally think it plays better in AA gametypes too, but that's irrelevant.)

Captain Blood said:
Keeping fighting the good fight dude. I must not play enough of playlists with banshees because I didn't realize there was that much of a problem.

Banshee sums up all the issues the game has
That thing is not overpowered in any way. It has this huge green nuclear cannon and it flips over and over, but it basically is made of paper. Four sniper shots and it explodes.
It simply is not fun, just like every other vehicle in the sandbox :(

urk

butthole fishhooking yes
Domino Theory said:
OT6? Damn. Didn't it take us over 2 years to reach 100K posts in the Halo 3 thread?

The Halo 3 thread used a windowed post count. The Reach post count is much more accurate.

ElRenoRaven

urk said:
The Halo 3 thread used a windowed post count. The Reach post count is much more accurate.

HAHAHAHA. Glad to see you still lurking Urk. You should post more. Granted I'm sure you're busy with Destiny and all.

Mojo said:
Aside from H2, (hides) MW2. Assumes everyone has the DLC. If the DLC does come up, you can just quit out and find another match (which there are a ton) with no penalty. DLC owners get to play their maps, non owners still have access to pretty much all playlists. But that works much better if the game is drop-in, drop-out, which Halo isn't. Otherwise, server lobbies in PC games, but matchmaking wise, can't think of much else, not sure how BF does it

So in MW2, you just select a playlist and the DLC maps are a part of the available maps that are selected at random? What happens when a map comes up that you do not own the map pack for? Do you just get booted from the lobby?

Got a question for David about something he said last night, was the music solely for that concept art trailer? Because man that music was awesome and I'd love to hear more of it.

Also I've been playing too much Halo all of my dreams last night revolved around it lol.

Tunavi

Banned
Okay so no fix for banshee in the TU confirmed.

Just take it out of the game, just like drop shield. Please.

DO NOT PUT IT ON HEADLONG

BlueScrote said:
So in MW2, you just select a playlist and the DLC maps are a part of the available maps that are selected at random? What happens when a map comes up that you do not own the map pack for? Do you just get booted from the lobby?
It was that way in WaW, but for MW2 I think it just didn't give you that map if you didn't have it. It only matched you up on maps you had.

Also since I got up late, lol at my post count in OT5 but I blame it on making a bunch of shirts and logos, then posting each of their stages.

BlueScrote said:
Do you just get booted from the lobby?
nope, it just doesn't come up
thing is, in MW2 (and BLOPS too) you actually get to play on the maps you bought (and quite often too!), either because they have a better implementation or because the game has like 4x the halo population

senador

Banned
Mojo said:
Anyone else get a warm fuzzy feeling when the voting numbers before a match ends up:

[1] MAP NAME
[1] MAP NAME
[7] MAP NAME

No because that last one is probably Uncaged or Select, number 2 is Countdown, and the first is Powerhouse with 1 vote from me. :(

i nerini del buio said:
nope, it just doesn't come up
thing is, in MW2 (and BLOPS too) you actually get to play on the maps you bought (and quite often too!), either because they have a better implementation or because the game has like 4x the halo population
And they all buy the DLC.

Kujo

BlueScrote said:
So in MW2, you just select a playlist and the DLC maps are a part of the available maps that are selected at random?
Yeah. And when a DLC map appears in the lobby, you can either quit and search for a new match, or stay until the timer counts down and it'll tell you that you don't have the map

thezerofire said:
It was that way in WaW, but for MW2 I think it just didn't give you that map if you didn't have it. It only matched you up on maps you had.
Never played WaW online, but I don't own the DLC for MW2, but DLC maps still appeared at random.

GhaleonEB

For the record, the Halo 3 thread was (mercifully) locked at about 106,000 posts. We bitched at each other for probably about 20,000 more in various other Halo threads until the Reach beta landed. But in terms of purely OT stuff, just 6,000 posts will clear it. And that thread was locked in August 2009 - nearly two years after Halo 3 came out. We'll clear that in less than one year from Reach's release.

0_o

Dani said:
Nothing new to report.

To be fair, I imagine it's quite busy behind the scenes at this moment in time.

At the very least I'd imagine 343 would want to get something going during the CEA era if only to serve as a test run for community map integration in Halo 4.

GhaleonEB said:
We'll clear that in less than one year from Reach's release.

0_o

Well the community has always been rather Vociferous. BOOM! 343 referenced!

Havok

i nerini del buio said:
Banshee sums up all the issues the game has
That thing is not overpowered in any way. It has this huge green nuclear cannon and it flips over and over, but it basically is made of paper. Four sniper shots and it explodes.
It simply is not fun, just like every other vehicle in the sandbox :(
But that flipping causes aim assist to freak out, making it even harder to hit with anything except the sniper. Going even further down the rabbit hole, balancing bad design (Banshee behavior) with bad design (anti-vehicle sniper and DMR spam) does not somehow equal out to become good design.

FyreWulff said:
Also for the record, Urk responded to my email and said they're decoupling the Reach API from Bungie Pro.
Achronos posted that in the API forums on bnet too. 24 slots and the ability to render says I need not rage :p

Havok said:
But that flipping causes aim assist to freak out, making it even harder to hit with anything except the sniper. Going even further down the rabbit hole, balancing bad design (Banshee behavior) with bad design (anti-vehicle sniper and DMR spam) does not somehow equal out to become good design.

WoW nerd talk. The Banshee is what's commonly referred to as a glass cannon. The damage dealt is way too strong but the banshee itself is way too delicate. Take off the lock on, tone down the bomb itself (or make it only anti-vehicles which would be nice), turn down the amount of flips and moves it can do in a given time frame, and buff up the banshee's health. Problem solved.

Top Bottom