• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT6| There Are Those Who Said This Day Would Never Come

Dax01 said:
Sweet number crunching. Moar!

Number of times Frankie drunkenly posted about gamertag changes: 3

Number of times someone said ".maps gigabytes yadayada": 856

Number of times someone asked why there was no MP included in CEA: more than there should be.

Ninja edit:

darthbob said:
I got into GAF because of HaloGAF, then went right back to HaloGAF after seeing regular GAF.

Yup me too.

squidhands said:
Kind of wish that the jetpack was more akin to UT's Jump Boots. The semi-hovering that the jetpack is capable of is aggravating as hell.

I like how the jetpack feels right now, the movement is nearly perfect.

My only wish is that hitting LB for thrust had the same effect as hitting LB for Sprint - you lower your weapon and there is a half-second lag before you can fire after releasing/tapping it.

So you wouldn't be able to fire while the jetpack was thrusting, but if you got enough height you could fire (or throw grenades) while falling. Jetpack would still allow you to traverse the map in unique ways, but your actual combat would still be mostly limited to the same heights/angles as other AA users.

This might not be possible with a TU, since it would probably require a new animation. It would also have to be gametype-dependent like the armor lock change or we'd lose a lot of custom gametypes (e.g. Dino Blasters).

GhaleonEB

Captain Blood said:
They have said that if elements from the TU are popular and work well they can be rolled out across the board. I think there is a very good chance this will happen with the three melee kill. It was a great feeling at halofest when a kid sprinted up to me and I didn't die after his second melee. His seemed pretty dumbfounded by the experience haha.
Aye. I've been vocal in not liking 3-hit melee, but in the context of sprint/evade double beat downs, I'll be quite happy with it.

I'm guessing the armor lock adjustment and 85% bloom DMR will see widespread adoption as well.

ElRenoRaven

I don't think it's that really. We all play a ton. Well everyone but me. I have never played a lot.

In fact only counting xbox because I have no way to see how many times I've played Halo 2 pc mind you I've played:

1011 Halo 2 games on Xbox
476 Halo 3 games (Even though I loved Halo 3)
1,562 Halo: Reach games and counting

I think the reason my Halo 3 count is so low is because I played all of those games by myself minus a few with a couple of Halogaffers. Although if you include the Halo 3 beta which I was lucky enough to get in via Friends and Family that would easily add almost a thousand games to Halo 3's count. It's just so hard to play these games with randoms. Although Reach makes it easier thanks to the ability to mute everyone and not have to redo it every game.

darthbob said:
I got into GAF because of HaloGAF, then went right back to HaloGAF after seeing regular GAF.
Same, I rarely post anywhere else but here. I see the occasional friendly HaloGAF face/avatar in OT, but I usually stick close to 'home'.

Gui_PT

squidhands said:
Same, I rarely post anywhere else but here. I see the occasional friendly HaloGAF face/avatar in OT, but I usually stick close to 'home'.

Photoshop Request threads and I Need Help/Opinion threads are always golden.

HaloGaf is my primary stop on Gaf. Lately I've been steering clear of OT and have been far less depressed as a result. Then again, sometimes the sheer amount of complaining in here can be a little much for me. It mostly rolls off my back and it is infinitely a nicer experience when things are more positive.

Zoolader

So anybody care to share their completion times for Devin's contest? I know most of you would rather keep that a secret. My first completion time was 2:25, I'm gonna keep working on knocking off a few seconds.

I thank Kibbles for telling me about NeoGAF. I used to post on Gametrailers a lot and there was a faction called the 'Master Chief Faction' that him and I were both in. He was saying how the Halo community was really awesome on NeoGAF, so I decided to check it out. Alas, I thought you guys were awesome so I decided to register. Took me like 2 weeks to get accepted. By that time though, the Halo 3 thread was almost dead. I think the ODST thread was created not too long after that though.

squidhands said:
OT's hilarious. There's a few threads there I frequent. I also check out the gaming side often, in addition to posting every bit of Skyrim information I've come across on the interwebs.

PsychoRaven said:
I don't think it's that really. We all play a ton. Well everyone but me. I have never played a lot.

In fact only counting xbox because I have no way to see how many times I've played Halo 2 pc mind you I've played:

1011 Halo 2 games on Xbox
476 Halo 3 games (Even though I loved Halo 3)
1,562 Halo: Reach games and counting

I think the reason my Halo 3 count is so low is because I played all of those games by myself minus a few with a couple of Halogaffers. Although if you include the Halo 3 beta which I was lucky enough to get in via Friends and Family that would easily add almost a thousand games to Halo 3's count. It's just so hard to play these games with randoms. Although Reach makes it easier thanks to the ability to mute everyone and not have to redo it every game.
oooh, more stat posting. I'll bite since work is obviously not happening today, lol:

Halo 2: 511 games over xbl (probably the same amount that I played offline with the wife)
Halo 3: 547 mm games, 151 campaign missions, 7325 custom games
ODST: 146 campaign games, 10 Firefight
Reach: 369 mm games, 540 campaign missions, 1168 Firefight, 194 custom games.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
I love stats! Especially mine!

Halo 2:
4,135 Total games. (Wow, a lot of Halo 2)

Halo 3:
2,737 total games
Social: 1,746
Ranked: 775
Custom: 168
Campaign: 38

Halo: Reach
904 total games (I know, I need to play more)
Competitive: 657
Firefight: 133
Campaign: 62
Invasion: 51

Just done the PAX Challenge by devin olsen.

Link to Video

prizes still available or have they been won already?

Nvm, seems that it was US and canada residents only :(. really wanted cortana prop. Ahh well at least iv done it :).

Butane123

Heh, didn't that this was OT6.

STATS!

Halo 2: 3860

Halo 3
MM: 1936
Custom: 1588
Campaign: 53

Halo Reach
Competitive: 950
Invasion: 166
Custom: 430
Firefight: 362
Campaign: 119

Total: 9464

CyReN

Just got done watching another Panel.

THANK YOU Chad Armstrong/Shishka for pushing for the Halo 1 pistol since H2.

Zoolader

StalkerUKCG said:
Just done the PAX Challenge by devin olsen.

Link to Video

prizes still available or have they been won already?

Nvm, seems that it was US and canada residents only :(. really wanted cortana prop. Ahh well at least iv done it :).

awww, I don't think you would have won with that time anyways. :D

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
I'm gonna hit that challenge from Devin here in an hour or so, and I consider myself a competent Halo driver, so here's to hoping... :p

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Hah, I didn't realize Devin's map was a PAX challenge. I saw folks talking about it, but still didn't realize. That's awesome.

I don't remember why I joined GAF, but HaloGAF has been a big reason I've stuck around. <3

Oh yeah, and I have a question: Has 343 discussed how us plebes are gonna give them TU feedback? Is there going to be an online form, or will they determine it by in-game voting, or are they gonna lurk the forums...?

FyreWulff

Statsbook?

Halo 2:

around 8,000 games across multiple gamertags. 6,675 on my original FyreWulff tag before I started 2-monthing it up.

Halo 3:

Campaign: 210
Ranked: 979
Custom: 3,233
Social: 5,599

Total: 10,022

ODST

Campaign: 176
Firefight: 162

Highest FF Score: 2,070,881 points on Heroic

Reach:

Competitive: 1,443
Arena: 75
Invasion: 134
Custom: 498
Firefight: 418
Campaign: 359

Total: 2,927

Already on track to have more games than H3 in Reach in the same amount of time.

CyReN said:
Just got done watching another Panel.

THANK YOU Chad Armstrong/Shishka for pushing for the Halo 1 pistol since H2.
Seconded. I decided over at AJ that he emerged as my hero of the weekend for his M6D efforts (across 3 games and 3 different employers).

omg.kittens said:
Hah, I didn't realize Devin's map was a PAX challenge. I saw folks talking about it, but still didn't realize. That's awesome.

I don't remember why I joined GAF, but HaloGAF has been a big reason I've stuck around. <3

Oh yeah, and I have a question: Has 343 discussed how us plebes are gonna give them TU feedback? Is there going to be an online form, or will they determine it by in-game voting, or are they gonna lurk the forums...?
halowaypoint.com/tu

omg.kittens said:
From what I could tell, they're planning to use all three methods you listed.

The preferred place to voice your opinion would of course be the thread on the Waypoint forums.

I think Ellis said it would be easy to find and the URL would be something like halo.xbox.com/tu

Louis Wu said:
Interested in a Grunt Plushy?

(Maybe not, if Ram's impromptu contest is any indication, but...)

Check this post for details.
But... but... but... I already have 7. Otherwise: I want to give 6 of them. So I made a list about EuHaloGAF user. 6 people total. First I wanted to send these people a PM. But now I'm thinking about to just ask Eu-HaloGaffers if they have interested to put on a list and I randomly select 6 guys.

Can't wait to read your Bulletin today :p :D lol.
I'm just joking

Syracuse022 said:
Seconded. I decided over at AJ that he emerged as my hero of the weekend for his M6D efforts (across 3 games and 3 different employers).
Yep. That and the Turf/Terminal mentions he and Max had at the Multiplayer panel made for a very interesting time.

I wish he'd come back to GAF and post again. I asked him about how frustrating it must be to be the scapegoat on the forums, he and Jeremiah really do get unfairly trashed quite often. He joked about the impending forum meltdown that would happen when people associate him with CEA/Reach playlist management. He told me he's not the person in charge of playlists, making the map/gametype decisions. He's working on the TU more than anything, but some people won't understand that.

Top Bottom