• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT6| There Are Those Who Said This Day Would Never Come

Ramirez said:
I don't like the 4 on that logo, too big maybe?
I thought that since the first time I saw it. It also seems oddly out of proportion in the "Halo 4"-logo, to me.

Domino Theory said:
It's really a shame that 343i is even considering changing Master Chief's armor from the Halo 4 trailer. Not only does it look nice and make Chief look more like a super-armored soldier than ever before with all the extra bulk and nuts & bolts, but it's something new.

Rightfully so, too, considering it's a whole new story, whole new trilogy and whole new era for the Halo franchise so some cosmetic changes should occur.
I'm glad they're considering it. They can change it up a bit, but I still think they need some more hooks to the Mark VI. I was replaying Halo 3 on a big-ass projector the other day, and during cutscenes I noticed how good the Chief's armor looks in that game. It looks sleek, agile yet powerful... The Halo 4 armor we've seen is far too bulky for my tastes. The only resemblance that character has to the Master Chief, imo, is that's he's big and green. The Halo 4 armor looks like it stepped straight out of Halo: Legends. They shouldn't replicate the Mark VI, but I'm happy they're still considering making changes to it. Even if they make it but a little less bulky and change up the helmet a little bit, I would be happy with that.

Kujo

Hey You said:
Thought it was just the connection in my house. Its been happening alot when I play Black Ops and Reach. Just started this past week...
Wow, are you kidding me? I've been getting it too. Random times while playing a match it just stutters like 4 times in a row and then continues on, has screwed me up a few times for sure. Tried H3 and got it there too. I think it started about 2 weeks ago for me, before that it was fine

Gui_PT

Letters said:
Evilore posted some shirt sales numbers, the halogaf shirt with 19 orders made the top 5 (at #5) and was the best selling sub-community shirt, if I'm reading it all correctly.

edit- nevermind, I think it sold about 10, not 19

Would have sold many more if the EU version had been fixed.

Devin Olsen said:
Anyone?

46ozwl.jpg
SINCE WHEN?!~ I never knew about this...
1314011768_talking_fried_egg.gif

blamite

How awesome would it be to fly a Halo around, just blasting stuff with those laser towers and nuking planets?

SO awesome!

JMizzlin

6th minute sitting at a 'starting game' screen after host migration. This has never happened before. I'm still able to chat to my XBL Party but the game seems to have frozen.

Fairly certain Microsoft hates me.

MrBig

blamite said:
How awesome would it be to fly a Halo around, just blasting stuff with those laser towers and nuking planets?

SO awesome!
I've actually done this :lol
Like 5 years ago on pc

Striker

Devolution said:
Haha god looking back at H3, I have so many quit penalties holy shit. lol. I just didn't give a fuck.
That makes me take a look at my quits/dropouts.

-12 in 2,695 MM games. Pretty good I guess.

Did Zalin post about that game we had on Zealot last night?

My first match of the night, and we got the worst bunch of extremely efficient spawn camping/exploiting I've ever had the misfortune to see, never mind be part of.

They held the flag in the area beneath our base, and the four of them waited there, 2 of them with swords, on top of having the flag.
Utterly disgusting, and whatever about how bloom/aa's have been a bit of a mess, the fact that exploits like this exist has seriously damaged any respect I had for Reach's MP. It's completely unacceptable.

Letters said:
Evilore posted some shirt sales numbers, the halogaf shirt with 19 orders made the top 5 (at #5) and was the best selling sub-community shirt, if I'm reading it all correctly.

edit- nevermind, I think it sold about 10, not 19
I'm waiting for Zalinkrow to tell me which shirts he wants before I order, so there should be 3 more bought soon
Buying from the US store because I want the superior shirt (and I think it's actually cheaper, with the dollar/euro being the way they are).

Gui_PT

Zeouterlimits said:
I'm waiting for Zalinkrow to tell me which shirts he wants before I order, so there should be 3 more bought soon
Buying from the US store because I want the superior shirt (and I think it's actually cheaper, with the dollar/euro being the way they are).

Do you know how much it'd cost in euros to order that shirt from the US store?

Edit: And yeah, I could tell that Zealot match was not going to play well like...30 seconds in, so I left. Thought you guys would do the same thing.

GhaleonEB said:
Yeah, when I play objective I do get sucked in. Mostly I expect my team mates to understand some very simple, basic things and it drives me bonkers when they illustrate they don't. Things like: when someone is carrying our flag, go help him. Or, when someone is taking our flag, try to stop them. Or, when the enemy is sending multiple vehicles toward our base, try to stop them. Playing offense and/or defense, that sort of thing.

Instead I see people jetpacking into the sky, dudes hanging around the middle of Highlands, snipers taking up low positions, players betraying each other for rockets, our flag carrier has people blow past him in vehicles, the base gets abandoned as the other team swarms in, and so on.

And don't get me started about what I saw trying Firefight Limited for the first time in ages tonight. 0_0
The reason why I never play alone. I did it and I raged hard.

Tha Robbertster said:
Could a kind soul render this triple kill from the infamous 1 flag CTF match on Boardwalk?
Rendered.

ZalinKrow said:
And I'll get back to you on that as soon as I can, I just need to get onto Hydranockz first.
Use your mental connection with your brother!

ZalinKrow

Zeouterlimits said:

I didn't have time to post about it, sorry. I ended up staying on the xbox until way later than I expected, and then just forgot about posting it afterwards. But yeah, man that game was a pain. All the evade in the world couldn't get me out of that situation heh.

Zeouterlimits said:

And I'll get back to you on that as soon as I can, I just need to get onto Hydranockz first.

Gui_PT said:
Do you know how much it'd cost in euros to order that shirt from the US store?
T-shirt itself is like €15, and we're splitting the delivery cost 3 (maybe 4 ways).
Getting Letters in AA, might get Gildian for whatever others I get.

ZalinKrow said:
Psssh, just buy all the shirts!

Gui_PT

Zeouterlimits said:
T-shirt itself is like €15, and we're splitting the delivery cost 3 (maybe 4 ways).
Getting Letters in AA, might get Gildian for whatever others I get.

So it's only worth it if you're splitting shipping costs, right?

Kujo

GhaleonEB said:
I expect my team mates to understand some very simple, basic things and it drives me bonkers when they illustrate they don't.
The randoms in Reach can be so fucking bad. On Hemorrhage, got the enemy flag myself, beat down a couple of people, went through the teleporter, beat down another guy and walked it to 15 metres from our base before getting sniped. Does anyone go for it, noooo. 3 are at the sniper spawn waiting for it (only one of you will get it idiots), 2 are just driving around in vehicles, 1 is idle and the other just walking around aimlessly. By the time I spawn and get it to it, it's gone /cry

MrBig

I would like to go ahead and thank Letters for pretty much buying one of his shirts for me. It'll be a bit until I actually order it, since all of my money is getting sucked into fixing up my car at the moment, but he got me an amazon gift card so that I can use the money I save with that on ordering a shirt. Great design and great guy.

e: also I'm doing the out to the halo ring glitch right now in prep for when CEA comes out. H1 tricking is a whole different world from the sequels.

Tha Robbertster said:
Thanks! Wasn't there something yesterday in customs which you wanted to show us?
I really don't know about which shit are you talking about/which shit you are talking about right now?

MrBig said:
I would like to go ahead and thank Letters for pretty much buying one of his shirts for me. It'll be a bit until I actually order it, since all of my money is getting sucked into fixing up my car at the moment, but he got me an amazon gift card so that I can use the money I save with that on ordering a shirt. Great design and great guy.

e: also I'm doing the out to the halo ring glitch right now in prep for when CEA comes out. H1 tricking is a whole different world from the sequels.
I can't wait for the achievement list. When Chad had said you have to do stuff you did after you had finished the campaign, so many achievement ideas popped up in my brain.

MrBig

A27 Tawpgun said:
I demand a tut.
It's ridiculously hard to do by yourself, and I haven't done it since like 2003-4. Involves physics glitches, clipping, bunny hopping on top of random invisible geometry, fighting with visibility portals, and all sorts of mean things.

Also Parov Stellar makes a good replacement soundtrack for the Halo games when screwing around.

e: found some vids on how to do it. I'll link to those and wright some tips on how the things were done once I actually get through it.

Domino Theory said:
It's really a shame that 343i is even considering changing Master Chief's armor from the Halo 4 trailer.
It's the complete opposite of "a shame." Thanks heavens they are changing it. The armor looks like a Reach customization option players can put together; plus it's chunky. It looks like something out of an anime.
Not only does it look nice and make Chief look more like a super-armored soldier than ever before with all the extra bulk and nuts & bolts, but it's something new.
The Mark VI achieves all of that, and it looks better to a lot more people. It'd look practically new given the updated Reach engine or whatever 343 is using for Halo 4.

Hypertrooper said:
I really don't know about which shit are you talking about/which shit you are talking about right now?

I thought you said you wanted to clip and show us something, yesterday during customs. Something on tempest I thought.

Hypertrooper said:
Dax. Since we are friends at Facebook I thought that you were a cool guy. But seriously just get after kills in an Object gametype? Seriously? =( I'm so disappointed right now. I won't read your blog. =(
I didn't go for the bomb because my friend wanted it the entire time. Every other time I wasn't in a position to grab it.

Also, if anybody would be so kind as to render the game for me (7 render minutes), I'd really appreciate it. <3

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Hahaha I'm allowed to get mad once in a while at Reach. That shit is total luck. Just makes me so mad. I can clip it out from yesterday's stream. Good thing I didn't have my headset set up with the stream so everyone can hear me rage lol. So mad.

Also, most of you, if you do play with me, it's not in MLG where I don't care. However whem I'm playing real matches, I'm all about winning. And shit, I can get real nasty.

Tawpgun

Tashi0106 said:
Hahaha I'm allowed to get mad once in a while at Reach. That shit is total luck. Just makes me so mad. I can clip it out from yesterday's stream. Good thing I didn't have my headset set up with the stream so everyone can hear me rage lol. So mad.

Also, most of you, if you do play with me, it's not in MLG where I don't care. However whem I'm playing real matches, I'm all about winning. And shit, I can get real nasty.
I agree with your grenade thing. It makes grenades that much worse. Bullets shouldn't effect them and other explosions should deflect them, not detonate.

Dax01 said:
It's the complete opposite of "a shame." Thanks heavens they are changing it. The armor looks like a Reach customization option players can put together; plus it's chunky. It looks like something out of an anime.

The Mark VI achieves all of that, and it looks better to a lot more people. It'd look practically new given the updated Reach engine or whatever 343 is using for Halo 4.
srp59le6u.gif

Does anyone know how transferring halo content from one xbox to another works?

I currently have a fualty xbox elite and will probably end up getting a new model xbox. I have like a 3 gig usb can I transfer stuff across using that? Whats the limit in terms of what I can transfer across? Can I take across all my Halo saved films for example? What about the save game file itself?

I will probably have to re-license the map packs and so on right?

If opening up and dusting down my xbox doesnt fix it im going to have to muck around with all of the above. :(

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Dax01 said:

Anime and manga mech designs tend to slimmer and less chunky than their western counterparts in most cases (with a few notable exceptions).

So no, I wouldn't say it looks like something from a typical anime. =)

bobs99 ... said:

I currently have a fualty xbox elite and will probably end up getting a new model xbox. I have like a 3 gig usb can I transfer stuff across using that? Whats the limit in terms of what I can transfer across? Can I take across all my Halo saved films for example? What about the save game file itself?

If opening up and dusting down my xbox doesnt fix it im going to have to muck around with all of the above. :(

This is a must and not just for the map pack, arcade games as well, they revert back to trial games if you are not connected to xbox live.

bobs99 ... said:

When you bought the stuff with this account, you don't really need to transfer your license. But it would be better.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
I'm going to try to make a one-bomb only map on Tempest, from Pelican Beach to rock spire on the other side of the cliff face. Gonna take me awhile - I don't get how FW works! Wish they had a PC map making client. That'd make thinks much easier.

Hypertrooper said:
When you bought the stuff with this account, you don't really need to transfer your license. But it would be better.

ElzarTheBam said:
This is a must and not just for the map pack, arcade games as well, they revert back to trial games if you are not connected to xbox live.

Thanks, ill certainly go through the license transfer kit. Any idea on if save games will transfer nicely across? Ill be using the same tag so I would hope so but im fairly unsure.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Gabotron ES said:
Halo 4 to support 16 player max? I know it could not mean anything but I would be pretty dissapointed if they don't increase the cap after 6 games.

More players in a game doesn't make the game any better. I'd rather they focus on improving the gameplay and connection for the existing, and perfectly fine setup, than trying to increase a number just for the sake of a bullet point on the back of the retail box.

FyreWulff

Dani said:
More players in a game doesn't make the game any better. I'd rather they focus on improving the gameplay and connecting for the existing, and perfectly fine setup, than trying to increase a number just for the sake of a bullet point on the back of the retail box.

Especially when the online capable games have barely had functional 8v8 modes in terms of population. 4v4 is (was) the main and most populous configuring of Halo 2, 3, and Reach.

Dani said:
Anime and manga mech designs tend to slimmer and less chunky than their western counterparts in most cases (with a few notable exceptions).

So no, I wouldn't say it looks like something from a typical anime. =)
Then I guess those few notable exceptions are the only ones I've seen.
Gabotron ES said:
What makes you think that? It says on the left that Xbox Live will support 2-16 players; 16 players max. It says the same on the Halo 3 and Reach cases.

Arnie

I can't wait until we see the Battle Rifle again. I understand following Bungie is tough to do, but they did sort of make things slightly easier on 343 by making such questionable design choices with their final game. I'll be the happiest guy alive when I see the BR again in the Chief's hands.

Dani said:
More players in a game doesn't make the game any better. I'd rather they focus on improving the gameplay and connection for the existing, and perfectly fine setup, than trying to increase a number just for the sake of a bullet point on the back of the retail box.
Absolutely. As a BTB lover I really enjoy playing on big maps with lots of players, there are lots of things happening at once which usually relates to some crazy memorable moments (I have lots of them in Reach, specially from BTB and Invasion), Bingie did a good job trying to portray this kind of huge battlefield to Reach (vehicles everywhere, huge beautiful explosions, screen shacking...) I would be more than happy with 24 players, that would also be the perfect excuse for dedicated servers.
If nothing of this happens,well... at least let me drive this beauty.

Reach_TotS_Pelican_01-600x337.jpg

Also, I really hope 343 learned this lesson from the TU, weapon specific traits are a must for Halo 4. Halo 4 should be the DIY Halo.

Configurararmas.jpg

Top Bottom