• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT6| There Are Those Who Said This Day Would Never Come

Ramirez said:
Customs sound like a hoot as usual, lmao.

Well people are going to whine but not step up to the plate of organizing them or seeing if maps work.

/shrug

A27 Tawpgun said:
There should be two customs. Separate times. Competitive Customs(includes BTB) and Silly Minigame customs.

I think most people in the group wanted competitive stuff, it's just map choice is always kind of lulzy.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
I wouldn't mind some fun Forge gametype matches, considering I'm kinda shit at console shooters anyway.

I'm going to try diving into Forge a little, and find some interesting stuff. That Temple map made me believe there must be something better out there.

Is there any way to enable all-talk? I'm kinda new to console games, but PC usually has that option for 'shits and giggles' servers. I think it'd be more entertaining.

Lyphen said:
I wouldn't mind some fun Forge gametype matches, considering I'm kinda shit at console shooters anyway.

I'm going to try diving into Forge a little, and find some interesting stuff. That Temple map made me believe there must be something better out there.

There's probably some good stuff out there, but the issue is you'll have to preview a whole ton of shit first.

Ramirez

Devolution said:
Well people are going to whine but not step up to the plate of organizing them or seeing if maps work.

/shrug

I think most people in the group wanted competitive stuff, it's just map choice is always kind of lulzy.

Reach just sucks for BTB customs, the maps are absolutely God awful, especially when you have to stick to FW garbage.

Trasher

Devolution said:

/shrug

I hope you all realize that I'm not really blaming anyone for the shitty customs lol. It's just that BTB Reach is god awful.

Ramirez said:
Reach just sucks for BTB customs, the maps are absolutely God awful, especially when you have to stick to FW garbage.

Like I said, HEADLONG where at dawg we need you.

Hell give us Terminal. Maybe even Waterworks.

Trasher said:
I hope you all realize that I'm not really blaming anyone for the shitty customs lol. It's just that BTB Reach is god awful.

Oh I know you're kidding about Dani. I'm just saying someone will probably have to step up to the plate of finding non-shit if we want Customs to be better. Reach maps are just so depressing.

Devolution said:
Like I said, HEADLONG where at dawg we need you.

Hell give us Terminal. Maybe even Waterworks.

Oh I know you're kidding. I'm just saying someone will probably have to step up to the plate of finding non-shit if we want Customs to be better.
Only 2 months and 12days/11days and we will have timberland, headlong, condemned, tempest, highlands and beaver creek for our BTB fun!

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Trasher said:

It's really difficult find the right balance between settings, armour abilities, maps and gametypes that will please everyone and to be honest Reach's BTB feels lackslustre next to the previous game. We've been trying to juggle things for a while with mixed results.

Hoping the TU and Anniversary maps give things a good kick up the arse.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
I'm actually super pumped for Timberlands now. It'll be a nice change of pace, visually, from all the Forge BTB maps that pop up (since Highlands and DLC never appear). Tempted to download Halo Custom Edition and visit it again.

Forgehub is the best place to go to view quality maps, right?

Dani said:
It's really difficult find the right balance between settings, armour abilities, maps and gametypes that will please everyone and to be honest Reach's BTB feels lackslustre next to the previous game. We've been trying to juggle things for a while with mixed results.

Hoping the TU and Anniversary maps give things a good kick up the arse.

The last or was it second to last map, the one with a lot of ramps? I liked that one.

Anyone?

46ozwl.jpg

feel

Ramirez said:
Customs sound like a hoot as usual, lmao.
:lol

Up until the middle of 2010, this place died during customs for about 5 hours, then there were like 15 straight posts of people being so grateful and claiming they had the time of their lives. People actually looked forward to saturday customs week after week. TU/CEA please bring that back..

edit-
WHAT THE CRAP DEVIN?? HOW?

GhaleonEB

Havok said:
And that's why One Flag Boardwalk should never be in BTB.
*joins*

*DMR BTB One-Flag Boardwalk*

*leaves*

Was probably just that game, but I was hoping to jump into some custom (or customized) maps and game types; GAF customs are the most fun when we're playing our stuff. Got pulled away to take the kids out a short time later so I didn't have time to play more.

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
Anyone know if there's a high res version of Amazon's Halo 4 picture? If so, I was hoping someone could make an iPhone version of it so I can use it as a wallpaper.

kylej

Banned
Ramirez said:
What exactly is so special about that map?

There's a tree and a rock among all the grey blocks. Halo fans once again picking up Bungie's slack. Thank god there's a new developer for the Halo franchise. Forge 1.02 (alpha) that shipped with Reach is an embarrassment.

I'm getting on now. Juices & Co. get online.

Ramirez

kylej said:
There's a tree and a rock among all the grey blocks. Halo fans once again picking up Bungie's slack. Thank god there's a new developer for the Halo franchise. Forge 1.02 (alpha) that shipped with Reach is an embarrassment.

I'm getting on now. Juices & Co. get online.

lol

Homeboyd

GhaleonEB said:
Features

-Artificle waterfall.
-Unique map layout.
-Many angles.
-Multiple rooms.
-Multiple elevations.
And a working ladder!

Ramirez said:
What exactly is so special about that map?
Never said it was special.. just a beauty. I haven't even played the thing yet.

I am overcome with joy right now. After all day in Action Sack and no luck whatsoever in getting a Boom! Ball game, I hop in with a friend and we get four games of it in a row.

In the fourth game I managed to go 18-0. It was the most fun I've had in Reach ever. Bless this gametype.

As soon as I can render the entire game, I will. Glorious. Absolutely. Positively. Glorious.

Dax01 said:
I am overcome with joy right now. After all day in Action Sack and no luck whatsoever in getting a Boom! Ball game, I hop in with a friend and we get four games of it in a row.

In the fourth game I managed to go 18-0. It was the most fun I've had in Reach ever. Bless this gametype.

As soon as I can render the entire game, I will. Glorious. Absolutely. Positively. Glorious.
Dax. Since we are friends at Facebook I thought that you were a cool guy. But seriously just get after kills in an Object gametype? Seriously? =( I'm so disappointed right now. I won't read your blog. =(

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
It's really a shame that 343i is even considering changing Master Chief's armor from the Halo 4 trailer. Not only does it look nice and make Chief look more like a super-armored soldier than ever before with all the extra bulk and nuts & bolts, but it's something new.

Rightfully so, too, considering it's a whole new story, whole new trilogy and whole new era for the Halo franchise so some cosmetic changes should occur.

Domino Theory said:
It's really a shame that 343i is even considering changing Master Chief's armor from the Halo 4 trailer. Not only does it look nice and make Chief look more like a super-armored soldier than ever before with all the extra bulk and nuts & bolts, but it's something new.

Rightfully so, too, considering it's a whole new story, whole new trilogy and whole new era for the Halo franchise so some cosmetic changes should occur.
It is a bit too much bulky for me. But I like it. They don't need to change it really. They just must have a good explanation for the armour change =)

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
I quite liked Vapor, Grounded (Zanzibar) and Hexagram from what I played. I also downloaded some Invasion Forge maps, just because I've never actually seen any before. Can't really test it solo, but if anyone is up to it, we should make a pool of maps (1 or 2 maps each) to test out at some point.

ElRenoRaven

Domino Theory said:

You know it has grown on me except one thing. Bring back the space diaper. I could actually live with it if they did.

Ramirez

Hypertrooper said:
Dax. Since we are friends at Facebook I thought that you were a cool guy. But seriously just get after kills in an Object gametype? Seriously? =( I'm so disappointed right now. I won't read your blog. =(

Will someone please think of the children?

Top Bottom