• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT6| There Are Those Who Said This Day Would Never Come

feel

Ramirez said:
I don't like the 4 on that logo, too big maybe?
That 4 is just plain awful with the random bright light/gradient. The "combat evolved" and "anniversary" in the CEA logo kinda bother me too, they're a bit too amateurishly implemented. But Reach did have classy and beautifully executed logos so...

heckfu

Banned
Letters said:
That 4 is just plain awful with the random bright light/gradient. The "combat evolved" and "anniversary" in the CEA logo kinda bother me too, they're a bit too amateurishly implemented. But Reach did have classy and beautifully executed logos so...

Oh, I think it's nice. In comparison to most games Halo has never had to write out the word Halo since the logo is so recognizable and I think it's well done here. Epic art, too.

GhaleonEB

A27_StarWolf said:
Damn I missed customs :/

On another note... I just started watching my roommate play Deus X, this looks like an amazing game.
I ordered it from Amazon about two minutes ago. Putzing around Reach tonight, then rummaging through some XBLA games made me realize I really need a new game to tide me over until the TU hits.

kylej

Banned
the donging... the cleansing... there was so much today. I've seen things you wouldn't believe

2hn84k4.jpg

Ken

A27_StarWolf said:
I just started watching my roommate play Deus X, this looks like an amazing game.

It is.

Here's the Double Kill medal with a transparent background and proper avatar dimensions.

1cc7589b.png

GhaleonEB said:
I ordered it from Amazon about two minutes ago.

Good decision.

GhaleonEB said:
I ordered it from Amazon about two minutes ago. Putzing around Reach tonight, then rummaging through some XBLA games made me realize I really need a new game to tide me over until the TU hits.
If the TU doesn't land before Sept. 20, I might pick up Gears of War 3.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
What the fuck is up with the skipping that goes on in Reach? It happens in Halo 3 as well. You know, where it just like freezes four times and you can't do shit for like 10 seconds. If it happens to the host, everyone lags. Well that shit happened to me in Gamebattles match tonight and it caused me to be the final death and we lost the game. We went on to lose the whole series too. I was probably the most mad I've been at Reach ever. It always comes at the worst fucking time.

Halo 4 requests:

Fix that shit I posted above
Make it so grenades can't be shot in midair. It's 100% luck
Make it so flag poles can't get in the way of my bullets, grenades or rockets. That shit happens to me all the time. It makes me so mad.

Tashi0106 said:
What the fuck is up with the skipping that goes on in Reach? It happens in Halo 3 as well. You know, where it just like freezes four times and you can't do shit for like 10 seconds. If it happens to the host, everyone lags. Well that shit happened to me in Gamebattles match tonight and it caused me to be the final death and we lost the game. We went on to lose the whole series too. I was probably the most mad I've been at Reach ever. It always comes at the worst fucking time.

Halo 4 requests:

Make it so flag poles can't get in the way of my bullets, grenades or rockets. That shit happens to me all the time. It makes me so mad.

dgjs08.jpg

feel

I've decided that trying to figure out what will be worthy of my time or not is too much trouble, so I'll just be buying everything popular coming out and then play whatever I feel like, or what I get invited to by friends and switch to something else if that's not grabbing me. Not buying MW3 though.

Tashi0106 said:

Halo 4 requests:

jgp9ol.jpg

Thermite

Tashi0106 said:

Halo 4 requests:

Dude, that happens to you too!? HOLY SHIT, this entire time I thought it was my connection causing the game to start stuttering on me....

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Tashi0106 said:
Never had that happen to me in Halo 3.

I thought it was some kind of install issue with Reach for me cause it started happening ever since I installed Reach.

That said, I even have a recording: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EQfcbCHWUUQ

The replay film did not "replay" it the same way that it actually happened, however.

GhaleonEB

Sometimes, I really hate people. Tonight, I hated all of my team mates in every game mode I played. Idiots, baboons, inept beyond measure, malicious cretins and jerks, the lot of'em.

GhaleonEB said:
Sometimes, I really hate people. Tonight, I hated all of my team mates in every game mode I played. Idiots, baboons, inept beyond measure, malicious cretins and jerks, the lot of'em.
Johns, tricks, marks, mark ass tricks, trick ass marks, skeezers, skanks, skig-scags and scallywhops.

GhaleonEB

Hitmonchan107 said:
Marks, tricks, mark ass tricks, trick ass marks, skeezers, skigscags and scallywhops.
I just had to put my controller down and hit the power button. My jaw literally dropped 5-6 times tonight at what was on display. I think it was Reach's way of telling me to stop playing, or find a party to play with.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
GhaleonEB said:
I just had to put my controller down and hit the power button. My jaw literally dropped 5-6 times tonight at what was on display. I think it was Reach's way of telling me to stop playing, or find a party to play with.
JWR81.png

feel

Evilore posted some shirt sales numbers, the halogaf shirt with 19 orders made the top 5 (at #5) and was the best selling sub-community shirt, if I'm reading it all correctly.

edit- nevermind, I think it sold about 10, not 19

Letters said:
Evilore posted some shirt sales numbers, the halogaf shirt with 19 orders made the top 5 (at #5) and was the best selling sub-community shirt, if I'm reading it all correctly.

I don't get how so many shirts still haven't made it up. Whatever.

Ramirez

Letters said:

edit- nevermind, I think it sold about 10, not 19

I'm sure the PonyGAF community beat every other sub community, disgusting. GROWN MEN WATCHING MLP!

GhaleonEB said:
I don't know what it is about Halo, but I get too invested in the experience when I play.

I can hop on Call of Duty all day and not get frustrated. It's probably because everyone who plays CoD is taking bong rips out of a rusty car muffler, wearing a blindfold and using their testes to work the second joystick. It takes zero skill to shove your Stinger up someone's Skidrow in CoD, compared to Halo where everyone needs to work together before maximum donging can occur.

Somehow, I feel that wasn't harsh enough. Note to self: Try harder.

Hitmonchan107 said:
If the TU doesn't land before Sept. 20, I might pick up Gears of War 3.

I was going to purchase Gears 3 all along, but now that the TU looks so good and that its coming this month, I'm having second thoughts about getting Gears because I know that I'm not going to play it much with Reach TU, CEA, BF3, and Skyrim.

Tashi0106 said:

Halo 4 requests:

2pnX3.png

The rage, it lives deep within Tashi.

Hey You

Booshka said:
I think those freezes are just Xbox's chugging on the game, and if the host has it, everyone lags. Sucks, and it has been happening in a lot of MP shooters I play.
Thermite said:
Dude, that happens to you too!? HOLY SHIT, this entire time I thought it was my connection causing the game to start stuttering on me....

Thought it was just the connection in my house. Its been happening alot when I play Black Ops and Reach. Just started this past week...

GhaleonEB

Hitmonchan107 said:
I don't know what it is about Halo, but I get too invested in the experience when I play.

I can hop on Call of Duty all day and not get frustrated. It's probably because everyone who plays CoD is taking bong rips out of a rusty car muffler, wearing a blindfold and using their testes to work the second joystick. It takes zero skill to shove your Stinger up someone's Skidrow in CoD, compared to Halo where everyone needs to work together before maximum donging can occur.
Yeah, when I play objective I do get sucked in. Mostly I expect my team mates to understand some very simple, basic things and it drives me bonkers when they illustrate they don't. Things like: when someone is carrying our flag, go help him. Or, when someone is taking our flag, try to stop them. Or, when the enemy is sending multiple vehicles toward our base, try to stop them. Playing offense and/or defense, that sort of thing.

Instead I see people jetpacking into the sky, dudes hanging around the middle of Highlands, snipers taking up low positions, players betraying each other for rockets, our flag carrier has people blow past him in vehicles, the base gets abandoned as the other team swarms in, and so on.

And don't get me started about what I saw trying Firefight Limited for the first time in ages tonight. 0_0

blamite

Ramirez said:
I'm sure the PonyGAF community beat every other sub community, disgusting. GROWN MEN WATCHING MLP!
pinkie-ask-u-mad-5131_preview.png

This reminds me that it's about time I buy a bunch of GAF shirts (including Letters' awesome design)! :D
I'm gonna be broke. :(

Ramirez

blamite said:
http://gamesprays.com/files/resource_media/preview/pinkie-ask-u-mad-5131_preview.png[/MG]

This reminds me that it's about time I buy a bunch of GAF shirts (including Letters' awesome design)! :D [spoiler]I'm gonna be broke. :([/spoiler][/QUOTE]

Are you one of them? Seek help if so.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Devolution said:
Can we not have a pony discussion in here. This is like sacred fucking ground.
This is why the Covenant fought the humans. Everything else you heard from the books, the games, it was all a lie.

blamite

So I've been playing a bunch of Squad Slayer lately, and for some reason I've just been doing really awesome (by my standards at least >.>) and it got me thinking about how skill levels and stats and stuff are being tracked. Since I've played about 2500 games since last September, I've reached a point where it takes an incredibly long time to improve my K/D, BPR, or anything. I feel like this is soemthing that happens in any game after someone has been playing for long enough, when your current stats are held back by how shitty you used to be when you first started playing.

So what if stats like highest skill and K/D were tracked on a sort of rotating scale based on your more recent games, sort of like Arena Seasons, but instead of resetting every few months, your old stats are constantly being cycled out as you play? Say that after you've played a certain number of games, your skill levels are based onthe most recent 20%-40% of your games. Your skill wouldn't be represented based on how you've been playing recently, but you would still have to maintain your stats long-term.

Just something I've been thinking about recently, after realizing that my BPR on Waypoint has changed by exactly 1 number since that stat had beer rolled out months ago.

Top Bottom