• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT6| There Are Those Who Said This Day Would Never Come

vhfive

Arnie said:
I can't wait until we see the Battle Rifle again. I understand following Bungie is tough to do, but they did sort of make things slightly easier on 343 by making such questionable design choices with their final game. I'll be the happiest guy alive when I see the BR again in the Chief's hands.
161mia.png

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Arnie said:
I can't wait until we see the Battle Rifle again. I understand following Bungie is tough to do, but they did sort of make things slightly easier on 343 by making such questionable design choices with their final game. I'll be the happiest guy alive when I see the BR again in the Chief's hands.
The original BR itself or just a gun with the same settings?

Arnie said:
My easter egg I hope it finds his way into Anniversary maps! please Certain Affinity.

Halo doesn't need more than 16 players max. If they upped the player count they would have to produce even larger maps to prevent a cluster fuck; those same maps would be ineligible for lower player counts due to them being too vast. Invasion demonstrated how harmful single gametype (and oversized) maps can be to an already lean map count. Also, connection, latency, ping, lag.

Homeboyd said:
Speaking of Tempest and Forge Hub... just saw this little beauty over there:

Wow, that looks great, Im downloading now. I hope if we ever get another forge map that it has a larger variety in looks and color pallets. Also, "landmark" pieces would be great such as statues, trees and other more interesting pieces.

thee henery said:
Halo doesn't need more than 16 players max. If they upped the player count they would have to produce even larger maps to prevent a cluster fuck; those same maps would be ineligible for lower player counts due to them being too vast. Invasion demonstrated how harmful single gametype (and oversized) maps can be to an already lean map count. Also, connection, latency, ping, lag.

Perfect. Would have said the exact same thing if I bothered to type it out.

FyreWulff

thee henery said:

I think once the Community Cartographers opens back up I'm going to aggressively persue collecting and submitting carve-outs of the big maps into smaller maps. I think Bungie even mentioned that they expected the community to do this. I saw a couple but it was easier to get FW variants tested.

Spire's Phase 1 area could definitely become a great map with tons of work on spawns/objective locations.

It'd be interesting to see what carve-outs people could do with Headlong. A map that only takes place in the red base and apartments, hmm

thee henery said:

That reminds me, there was a map from the Community Cartographers that made it into Invasion; it was huge. Like, probably moreso than Infinity or possibly even Boneyard. It could have easily supported 32 players and as a result there was a lot of "downtime" between combat. Anyone remember which one I'm talking about? I can't for the life of me remember it.

FyreWulff said:
It'd be interesting to see what carve-outs people could do with Headlong. A map that only takes place in the red base and apartments, hmm

Chiron spiritual successor that takes place in every single building which is linked by teleporters.

Kuroyume

Banned
I'd rather have the DMR in Halo 4 than the BR because I prefer the one shot feel of the weapon. Wouldn't mind seeing both weapons in the game though. If they had the Carbine and DMR in a few of the games I don't see why they couldn't do the same with the DMR and BR. Maybe keep the DMR's long range and give it stronger damage output but make it a pick up rather than a spawn weapon. Put like more than one on a map too.

JB1981

Why with DMR can i put people down in 3 shots and then other times it takes like fucking 8? And then there are dudes who one shot me with DMR, drop my shields and then take me out. WTF?

Kujo

I like the DMR as it seems to be much more lag friendly. Maybe it's just H3's netcode, but it felt like hardly any of my BR shots were registering when I played on yellow bar games (which is 95% of the time these days as it seems Australians all moved to Reach or CoD)

Gui_PT

JB1981 said:
Why with DMR can i put people down in 3 shots and then other times it takes like fucking 8? And then there are dudes who one shot me with DMR, drop my shields and then take me out. WTF?

If you're taking people down with less than 4 shots, they're not full shield.

If someone takes your shield down with 1 shot, you're not full shield.

Either that or you have terrible terrible lag.

JB1981

Gui_PT said:
If you're taking people down with less than 4 shots, they're not full shield.

If someone takes your shield down with 1 shot, you're not full shield.

Either that or you have terrible terrible lag.

I was playing against this guy the other night. I had full health and I swear he was dropping my shields one shot with DMR. I don't believe he was using Sniper.

JB1981 said:
I was playing against this guy the other night. I had full health and I swear he was dropping my shields one shot with DMR. I don't believe he was using Sniper.
Yeah, just make a film. I'll be making one of that horrible Zealot game later.

This brings up a question why wouldn't you just barely cheat if you were going to cheat?

Like if you could make yourself a little faster and up your damage and shields just a BIT. Why wouldn't you do THAT and never get noticed? Instead of flying around warp speed and blaining kids and getting banned 12 minutes later.

MrBig

xxjuicesxx said:
This brings up a question why wouldn't you just barely cheat if you were going to cheat?

Like if you could make yourself a little faster and up your damage and shields just a BIT. Why wouldn't you do THAT and never get noticed? Instead of flying around warp speed and blaining kids and getting banned 12 minutes later.
Because pretty much everyone that does any modding in matchmaking are little kids that get given tools by irresponsible researchers out to get money. Console modding is such a shit hole.

xxjuicesxx said:

I know right? If I saw something like this in mm I definitely wouldn't notice and report it *ahem*

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JehMsDGDWN4

Dat DMR

Edit: Out of interest, is this the rate of fire Firewulff would be worried about with modded controllers? Because I don't think it's possible in the game without a rof mod.

MrBig said:
Because pretty much everyone that does any modding in matchmaking are little kids that get given tools by irresponsible researchers out to get money. Console modding is such a shit hole.

wait... seriously?

FyreWulff

A27_StarWolf said:
wait... seriously?

Yup.

I won't mention the name of the site (because I don't feel like feeding them hits) but a lot of modding these days are people selling access to mod tools where you have to pay them to be able to log into their server and use the tool, or charging for access to modded lobbies in Call of Duty.

The modders have monetized cheating and modding immensely. Call of Duty is their main market right now, because Treyarch and Infinity Ward seem to not believe in robost anti-cheat engineering. People still try to charge money for Reach-centric tools, but Bungie was pretty effective in shutting down most of their attempts before they really got anywhere.

The current going price seems to be around 30-40$ to be able to join a lobby that unlocks everything for you, gives you infections, and 10th prestige.

I'm so fucking happy that Reach killed the Halo black market. We need real researchers for the mod community, not JTAG'd script kiddies.

Interestingly, their market depends on all the JTAGers not wanting to risk a console ban for free. If the community got together to fund JTAGs and gave away the mods for CoD lobbies, you could probably bottom out the CoD black market overnight.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
FyreWulff said:
Yup.

I won't mention the name of the site (because I don't feel like feeding them hits) but a lot of modding these days are people selling access to mod tools where you have to pay them to be able to log into their server and use the tool, or charging for access to modded lobbies in Call of Duty.

The modders have monetized cheating and modding immensely. Call of Duty is their main market right now, because Treyarch and Infinity Ward seem to not believe in robost anti-cheat engineering. People still try to charge money for Reach-centric tools, but Bungie was pretty effective in shutting down most of their attempts before they really got anywhere.

The current going price seems to be around 30-40$ to be able to join a lobby that unlocks everything for you, gives you infections, and 10th prestige.

I'm so fucking happy that Reach killed the Halo black market. We need real researchers for the mod community, not JTAG'd script kiddies.

Interestingly, their market depends on all the JTAGers not wanting to risk a console ban for free. If the community got together to fund JTAGs and gave away the mods for CoD lobbies, you could probably bottom out the CoD black market overnight.
Halo: Reach 1st Person Vehicle Mod

Striker

Arnie said:
Which BR? We've had two so far, and one was terrible. I just want a hitscan based precision rifle.

One thing I never understood about vehicle balance: if you want to make it harder to get kills with a vehicle force 1st person for gunners and passengers. Would also make the game cooler.

This was probably tested though and I'm sure they had a good reason for not incluOhwaitArmorLocknevermindok.

thee henery said:
I know right? If I saw something like this in mm I definitely wouldn't notice and report it *ahem*

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JehMsDGDWN4

Dat DMR

Edit: Out of interest, is this the rate of fire Firewulff would be worried about with modded controllers? Because I don't think it's possible in the game without a rof mod.

Devolution said:

spocksrageagainstcomputerp1.gif

*Blood pressure rising* This just brings me back to the nightmarish experiences I had during the glory days of Halo 2 MM.

5 minutes alone with these fools. That's all I ask.

gettignowned.gif

Pwned.gif

Edit: Just wanted to make it clear that I'm not against modding for recreational purposes as long as it's done offline and for ****'s and giggles with willing participants. However, those who take advantage of such exploits in online play for their own twisted selfish enjoyment and with complete disregard for the experiences of others are true scum who deserve to have every single piece of gaming hardware smashed to bits with a brute hammer.

Tunavi

Banned
Zeouterlimits said:
My first match of the night, and we got the worst bunch of extremely efficient spawn camping/exploiting I've ever had the misfortune to see, never mind be part of.

They held the flag in the area beneath our base, and the four of them waited there, 2 of them with swords, on top of having the flag.
Utterly disgusting, and whatever about how bloom/aa's have been a bit of a mess, the fact that exploits like this exist has seriously damaged any respect I had for Reach's MP. It's completely unacceptable.
Why didn't you just quit?

Tunavi

Banned
Bregmann Roche said:
Halo Honor.

Another example of the quit penalty hurting the fair and decent halo players.
You don't get penalized for quitting once. If that game was so disgusting he should have just quit. Dont know why he had to torture himself and play through it.

feel

Bregmann Roche said:
stylez clean that shit up before Letters gets spoiled!!!
Thanks!!! I just happened to log in on my cel and the first thing I saw was your post so as I got up to date on the thread I made sure to squint past his post. :)

@Arnie Hell yeah bro! I want my burst back.

Tunavi said:
You don't get penalized for quitting once. If that game was so disgusting he should have just quit. Dont know why he had to torture himself and play through it.
I wouldn't have quit either. I mean, I can relate to the experience and even if they spawn camped pretty hard, it wasn't cheating. I'd have probably loved just spawning again and again seeing if I could break their formation. I'd be annoyed sure, but I'd never quit.

Killer blow:
Guess I'm not a pussy

That last line was a joke :p

Letters said:
Thanks!!! I just happened to log in on my cel and the first thing I saw was your post so as I got up to date on the thread I made sure to squint past his post. :)

@Arnie Hell yeah bro! I want my burst back.

Oh wait are you watching Firefly?? If so my bad sir, I'll fix that right away.

Tunavi said:
There were a bunch of us, but personally I've no interested in giving these asshats the satisfaction of chasing me out of a game I've chose to play. You could say sticking around and trying to resist was just as bad, but I'd disagree (we managed to get a second flag capture after this started thanks to evade and grenade kills).
Filed a cheating complaint as it comes under exploiting.

Top Bottom