• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT7| What are They to Say Now?

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Tashi0106 said:
I'm gonna start making my own .gifs. They will be glorious.
0Fdpq.gif

Dug

Banned
Hypertrooper said:
A lot of fun to play. I'm a bit depressed, that you really have to play the Defiant Mappacks for the Defiant achievements. :/
I think in Halo 3 if you owned the map packs and did the requirement for the chievo you would still get it even if you weren't on of the maps?

FyreWulff

Dug said:
I think in Halo 3 if you owned the map packs and did the requirement for the chievo you would still get it even if you weren't on of the maps?

Halo 3 was you had to be on a map in the map pack

Bungie Reach was you just had to own the map pack, but they were unlockable on any map

343.1 Reach is you have to be on the actual maps again

Ramirez

Hey You said:
Is there a thread to beg for codes :lol

I've noticed less sites are giving away/doing contests for DLC codes compared to the Noble and Defient DLC's. Did 343i/MS just send out less codes or are they hogging them for themselves?

Buy the maps or the game, both are worth it more than the other 2 DLCs combined.

Retro

... I dunno if it's just an influx of terrible new players (or an influx of good returning players), CE:A disc not importing my control options from Reach (I could have sworn I had my sensitivity to 7 but I'm not 100% sure) or just all the minor little changes adding up, but I'm getting good and truly rocked in every Anniversary map I set foot in.

And by that, I don't mean "I've lost every match" (which I have), I mean insanely one-sided victories where one team dominates absolutely and the other has trouble breaking 10 kills. When I'm the top scorer with 8, something is seriously fucked up.

I know Melee is weaker, run/jump is higher, etc., but it also feels like turning speed is slower (thus, why I'm questioning what my sensitivity settings originally were), though I don't remember seeing that in any of the updates. Am I just crazy?

It also doesn't help that, for whatever reason, I'm getting dumped on a team with 2 privates and a captain (one of which quits out without fail) while the other team has a Mythic and Noble.

Havok

Any chance of getting gametype weightings on the playlist page (which I had no idea was up, glad it was linked here)? It was helpful on the old Halo 3 playlist page.

Retro

wwm0nkey said:
Jesus you get 37k Cr for the final one you enter and 7k for eachother one you entered before.

EDIT: bonus Terminal too

... How? People in the Anniversary Thread are trying to figure out how to activate them and so far nothing has worked (the codes are too short and pairing codes doesn't seem to work either).

wwm0nkey

Retro said:
... How? People in the Anniversary Thread are trying to figure out how to activate them and so far nothing has worked (the codes are too short and pairing codes doesn't seem to work either).
You have to find the terminals in the game and use the codes they give you at the end of the terminals. If you found the terminals and don't want to look them up again just simply search on youtube for the terminal videos.

Bonus terminal was awesome too.

wwm0nkey said:
You have to find the terminals in the game and use the codes they give you at the end of the terminals. If you found the terminals and don't want to look them up again just simply search on youtube for the terminal videos.

Bonus terminal was awesome too.
Bonus terminal, you say?

Letters said:
30fps
f7pg6az7q.gif

http://majornelson.com/2011/11/16/live-activity-for-week-of-november-7th/

Xbox 360 Top LIVE Titles based on unique users
1. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
2. Call of Duty: Black Ops
3. Battlefield 3
4. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
5. Gears of War 3
6. FIFA '12
7. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
8. Halo: Reach
9. Madden NFL '12
10. Grand Theft Auto IV
11. Batman: Arkham City
12. Forza Motorsport 4
13. NBA 2K12
14. Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare
15. FIFA '11
16. Halo 3
17. NHL '12
18. NCAA Football '12
19. Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood
20. Call of Duty: World at War

Reach 8th, Halo 3 16th

5 CoD games in top 20

heckfu

Banned
The Real Napsta said:
http://majornelson.com/2011/11/16/live-activity-for-week-of-november-7th/

Xbox 360 Top LIVE Titles based on unique users
1. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
2. Call of Duty: Black Ops
3. Battlefield 3
4. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
5. Gears of War 3
6. FIFA '12
7. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
8. Halo: Reach
9. Madden NFL '12
10. Grand Theft Auto IV
11. Batman: Arkham City
12. Forza Motorsport 4
13. NBA 2K12
14. Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare
15. FIFA '11
16. Halo 3
17. NHL '12
18. NCAA Football '12
19. Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood
20. Call of Duty: World at War

Reach 8th, Halo 3 16th

5 CoD games in top 20

lol at BF3 finishing behind Blops

heckfu said:
lol at BF3 finishing behind Blops

Blops is the best selling game of this generation, with MW2 being the only other game that comes close, why is that so surprising? COD has a mainstream appeal that no other series has right now, including Battlefield.

heckfu

Banned
Steelyuhas said:
Blops is the best selling game of this generation, with MW2 being the only other game that comes close, why is that so surprising? COD has a mainstream appeal that no other series has right now, including Battlefield.

you made almost my point i was thinking but didn't express. MW3 had an incredible launch and people are still playing the old gen game more than BF3 that had a launch campaign rivaling many other games combined.

i just didn't like bf3 so maybe that bias is showing.

heckfu said:
you made almost my point i was thinking but didn't express. MW3 had an incredible launch and people are still playing the old gen game more than BF3 that had a launch campaign rivaling many other games combined.

i just didn't like bf3 so maybe that bias is showing.

I fucking love BF3 and think its vastly superior to any COD game, but I realize that not as many people are going to play it as COD.

heckfu

Banned
Steelyuhas said:
I fucking love BF3 and think its vastly superior to any COD game, but I realize that not as many people are going to play it as COD.

oh i definitely see the merit of bf3, truly. however, just not for me.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
There are people who play the old CoD (4 and MW2) games and now say that the game has gone mainstream and it's not like it used to be. That's how popular that franchise is.

Top Bottom