• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT7| What are They to Say Now?

Karl2177

Or real Perfect Dark additions like new areas and objectives depending on difficulty.

This is actually a cool idea.
I want campaign versus too

With the way Halo campaigns are set up, I'd say this is probably a bad idea. Halo 3's system of team or FFA scoring in campaign was actually pretty good. Before I had Live, I would see how high I could score and compare it with my friends.

What I would love to see more of is customization. Give us the multiplayer/firefight toolsets to have the campaign play the way we want it to. Want enemies to have 10% damage resistance, and have yourself start off with an infinite ammo rocket launcher? Go for it. Set up the campaign gametype and share the fighting of enemies that way.

PNut

Banned
Got credit banned because I refuse to play bad playlists to get these new achievements legit. And tell me again why there are Defiant map achievements anyway? There's literally like 2 maps that come up in Premium Battle for those and it has to be 1 flag.

Reminds me of the double kill with a lazer in LW's achievement from H3.

Well, I just need one more for full completion for CEA and I don't play for credits, but what comes after a temporary credit ban? 2 weeks? Reset?

FyreWulff

Rise above giving a shit about achievements.

Achieve nirvana.

Feels good guys, try it.

I'm still perfectly content with waiting to get the Reach 200,000 and 1,000,000 points in FF achievements legit

No real need to rush those.

Still annoying that the DLC ones have all been locked to specific maps now though.

Plus I can't get Legend in Halo 2 Vista or General in Halo Wars anyway.

Counter Op is not Firefight Versus.

Best part about counter op is totally fucking with the Joanna player by barricading the doors with furniture and then leaving a laptop gun deployed in a critical objective room.
True, I just thought the comparison was humorous.

-------
Today was the birthday of an awesome HaloGAF member.

Tomorrow is the birthday of another awesome HaloGAF member.

Happy Birthday to you both. As a special gift, I will refrain from making any age-related jokes and will instead tease Hitmonchan for his inability to grow a beard.

Hitmonchan: Despite being 21, your lack of facial hair will force you to always show a photo ID when purchasing M-rated games at Walmart.

I was once carded when trying to buy a paintball gun at K-mart. Their policy said I had to be 21 and I was 23 at the time. After showing the cashier my Driver's License, she thought it was a fake and wouldn't allow the sale until the manager came over and approved it.

Karl2177

I was once carded when trying to buy a paintball gun at K-mart. Their policy said I had to be 21 and I was 23 at the time. After showing the cashier my Driver's License, she thought it was a fake and wouldn't allow the sale until the manager came over and approved it.

21? Yeesh. I was 16 getting mine. Also, I feel like an ass for not knowing, but who's birthday was it today?

I had the same thing happen once (beta dash). I just went back to the dash and launched the game again and it correctly booted up Reach. Hasn't happened again since that.

I'm on the beta dash too.

Also: I hit the daily credit limit for the first time ever today.

16,000 slot machine in Classis did me in I guess.

Hitmonchan: Despite being 21, your lack of facial hair will force you to always show a photo ID when purchasing M-rated games at Walmart.

MSOKc.gif

RSB

Banned
Got credit banned because I refuse to play bad playlists to get these new achievements legit. And tell me again why there are Defiant map achievements anyway? There's literally like 2 maps that come up in Premium Battle for those and it has to be 1 flag.

Reminds me of the double kill with a lazer in LW's achievement from H3.

Well, I just need one more for full completion for CEA and I don't play for credits, but what comes after a temporary credit ban? 2 weeks? Reset?

That happened to me too. I did all the MP Anniversary achievements with a couple of friends and a bunch of controllers connected, and the next day a message popped up saying I was temporarily credit banned (it lasted 24 hours) Meanwhile, all the people who will try to get them the "legit" way (ruining other people's matches in the process) will be perfectly fine. So stupid...

And now I don't even want to try to get the last three I'm missing (Defiant) just in case the system thinks I deserve to be banned forever or some shit... That automated Cr Boosting detection system is ridiculous. I haven't played Reach MP in months, yet one night I come and play in a full party for the achievements (it was like 12 games, at most) and it detects that I'm boosting for credits? Seriously?

BTW, the same thing happened to me back in Halo 3, when I got the last Mythic Achievements, but it was way worse, because the system decided to completely ban me from matchmaking for 2 weeks (good thing I didn't play it anymore by then) Ridiculous.

off topic, but if you guys haven't read that UC Davis thread on OT side you really should. As a UC student, it's really scary shit.
Oh my god, that's so fucked up.

I hit the credit limit three times this weekend. Fuck that stupid shit. I don't dong for free, gimme my credits.

Also don't trim the fat, trim the fatties. *Removes Overdoziz from friends list

off topic, but if you guys haven't read that UC Davis thread on OT side you really should. As a UC student, it's really scary shit.

Also, Manos has to be the most willfully stupid person I've ever had the misfortune of interacting with.

Homeboyd

Let me see if I understand this Custom Challenge thing:

There's supposed to be a credit cap for these correct? Anyone know what it is? Also, since you can "turn in" challenges, once your finished with them, you can just make another just like it (or even increase the goal #) for more credits.

So, I was told these were the 3 Firefight Matchmaking challenges I needed to do for great payouts (from here, Ghal I believe):

Credits-6593
Goal-200 Headshots
Time: 3 hours

Credits-3296
Goal-250 Kills

Credits-6923
Goal-350 Medals

Once I got all 3 (3 games of gruntpoc), I turned them all in so I could free up 3 more slots. This time I did the following:

Credits-9889
Goal-300 Headshots

Credits-3956
Goal-300 Kills

Credits-7912
Goal-400 Medals

Once the timer ran out on my first 3, I was awarded the ~17k. Now I have all 3 of these complete and waiting for the timer to run out again... this time they'll be worth another ~22k. So, I'll pick up around ~40k cR from these 6 challenges which you can get in 5-6 games of gruntpoc. Gotta know what that credit cap is...

Also, if you plan on doing this... bump the medals up to 550 (that's where the payout maxes out.. ~10,000) and bump the kills up to 500 or so since you'll be getting these anyways. Running gruntpoc, you'll get 150+ medals per game + the 120 kills.

Once you complete them, turn them in, and create the exact same challenges again (might have to alter # on the second go through.. just change it by 1).

Depending on the cap, this can get to be a sweet deal pretty quick. I'll let you know if my second 22k cR goes through once the 2nd set of timers runs out.

Devo, I got an xbl message from you asking me to join playfire... it seemed like spam, I also got ome from Duncan a while back, does anyone know what this is?

credit stuff.

Exactly how it works. You get the credits after the time limit is done. So do rounds of 3 of those 3 hour challenges and you get like 25-30k a round. I did a bunch, the only limit seems to be is that it counts towards your daily credit cap.

Woke up a day after with +40K in my account.

Nobody really tried it after PD did, which is a shame consider that there's much more enemies available to control in newer games.

Counter-Op in a Halo would be pretty sweet though.
L4D has a mode that's pretty much Counter-Op, but it still blows my mind how jam packed PD was and how it still holds up.

Devo, I got an xbl message from you asking me to join playfire... it seemed like spam, I also got ome from Duncan a while back, does anyone know what this is?

Asked her in PM incase it was some sex ring thing and she didnt want it getting out and got no reply. I think its like nude fight club.

Homeboyd

Exactly how it works. You get the credits after the time limit is done. So do rounds of 3 of those 3 hour challenges and you get like 25-30k a round. I did a bunch, the only limit seems to be is that it counts towards your daily credit cap.

Woke up a day after with +40K in my account.
That's pretty nice..

Guess any day you're planning on playing some FF, might as well throw those 3 in with the max goals and kill it. Doing that daily would add up pretty quick. Although I don't see myself doing it daily. Maybe a couple times a week.

Inheritor bound.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Happy Birthday to those HaloGAF members today. Looks like there are a few of you. Hope you had a good day and wish you 100 more!

I played some MLG no bloom settings today. I'll tell you what, I'm coming around to this no bloom stuff. It's not because my love for bloom is fading, I just actually really like both styles. Obviously, because I played Halo before Reach :p. So, either way, I'm down for whatever MLG wants to throw at me. However, I still don't like the bleed through will bullets. I really think it goes against the shields popping and shield system that Bungie brilliantly placed in Reach. I just don't like it. You could say it adds another layer of skill, but the fact is that it just sucks when you have shields and you get killed by a headshot. It's a bummer.

Off topic but did anyone get Skyward Sword today? I don't have it reserved and tomorrow I'm going on a hunt for the special edition because I need that motion plus. I'm really excited.

Happy Birthday to those HaloGAF members today. Looks like there are a few of you. Hope you had a good day and wish you 100 more!

I played some MLG no bloom settings today. I'll tell you what, I'm coming around to this no bloom stuff. It's not because my love for bloom is fading, I just actually really like both styles. Obviously, because I played Halo before Reach :p. So, either way, I'm down for whatever MLG wants to throw at me. However, I still don't like the bleed through will bullets. I really think it goes against the shields popping and shield system that Bungie brilliantly placed in Reach. I just don't like it. You could say it adds another layer of skill, but the fact is that it just sucks when you have shields and you get killed by a headshot. It's a bummer.

Off topic but did anyone get Skyward Sword today? I don't have it reserved and tomorrow I'm going on a hunt for the special edition because I need that motion plus. I'm really excited.

I did, you're in for a treat

Doesn't the game come out on Tuesday? I am confused by the release date.

Casuals quit playing Reach for other games? Crazy talk.

Lol just rewatching the mlg stuff I missed, Warriors BTH played the wrong Pit for 5 minutes and had to restart!

Top Bottom