• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT7| What are They to Say Now?

So, Halo Classic playlist is awesome and I love it. As great as the new maps are, I think they should put the other maps in their for the sake of variety.

I imagine some would play better with the new settings anyway.

Tempted to forge "Classic" versions with nice sensible weapon sets....

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Actual portrait of Tashi playing games that I took about 45 minutes ago

fisher-price_smart_cycle.jpg
Hell yea look how much fun I'm having.

PooBone

New Page.

How...

How in the hell have you 1000'd Anniversary already? Also, how did you beat Halo Wars on Legendary? Shit is hard. Apparently I am in the top 2% of Halo achievements, but I am still missing a few on each game, save ODST.

Only ones I'm missing are a few in Anniversary (easy ones, but I'm savoring it) and reaching general in Halo Wars. Legendary on Halo Wars wasn't that bad. You can also get that one co-op I believe.

Skyward Sword is an amazing, fantastic game! As is Skyrim!

I'll be on Reach later if people want some more degradation of lurking lurkers. All signs point to Xand. Bonus content to possibly include a Heckfu/Hypertrooper duet, Elzar's opinions on boring Twitter feeds (They're GREAT) and more discussions on "what makes the thunder blue?".

I'll be on Reach later if people want some more degradation of lurking lurkers. All signs point to Xand. Bonus content to possibly include a Heckfu/Hypertrooper duet, Elzar's opinions on boring Twitter feeds (They're GREAT) and more discussions on "what makes the thunder blue?".

I'll be on later aswell, and I'm also ready to make people feel 'uncomfortable'.

Name one team that enjoyed working and thrived under Microsoft's blood in the water management. I'm sure twisted pixel will suffer too. :(

Bungie, many would argue microsoft made them what they are instead of a relativly small mac dev.

Also multiple microsoft in house teams thrive. Rare make medicore games and have done for most of the existance. Microsoft seen the small profits these games have and moved them to making avatar content.

While not the same epic worked with MS also and produced 3 of the biggest selling single platform games this generation.

When any single company partners with MS the leads of the company get a bit of a shock because they are no long the big boss anymore this shock obviously ripples down the chain of command and while im not saying its the entire reason it will have an effect.

How...

How in the hell have you 1000'd Anniversary already? Also, how did you beat Halo Wars on Legendary? Shit is hard. Apparently I am in the top 2% of Halo achievements, but I am still missing a few on each game, save ODST.

Its really not hard, its the easiest Halo yet since its all obtainable offline and can be done in 1 play through. I did it all solo legendary using a second controller for the co-op achievements.

where can i find this data about how long I've played Halo? I'm an xbox rewards member, and I see a few recent emails from them but none with that info. is there somewhere else i can see my info? is there some phrase from the email that I can try searching for?

where can i find this data about how long I've played Halo? I'm an xbox rewards member, and I see a few recent emails from them but none with that info. is there somewhere else i can see my info? is there some phrase from the email that I can try searching for?

Nope, some people didnt get one. Pretty lame

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
I don't think that Halo email was quite right. Was it 360 Halos only? It said I have played 200 hours of Halo, but I could swear I have put 200 hours in Halo 2 and Halo 3 each, alone.

I must have missed this discussion last night (mic was turned off for abit when I got a phone call). The story behind that was my GT was "BlueScrote850" for a couple of years before someone at MS got their panties in a twist over it and flagged it for a GT change.

I must have missed this discussion last night (mic was turned off for abit when I got a phone call). The story behind that was my GT was "BlueScrote850" for a couple of years before someone at MS got their panties in a twist over it and flagged it for a GT change.

One friend's gamertag changes after being flagged:

SixNakedMidgets -> SixNudeMidgets -> Rainbows4Life

another friend:

DeadlyHotKarl -> DeadlyHotKary

My friends are idiots.

One friend's gamertag changes after being flagged:

SixNakedMidgets -> SixNudeMidgets -> Rainbows4Life

another friend:

DeadlyHotKarl -> DeadlyHotKary

My friends are idiots.

I was under the impression that your tag would be banned if you changed it from one offensive thing to another offensive term.

Then again one of my friends went through about 8 iterations of "JewRat" (He is jewish and his last name is prefixed with Rat*) before getting one that didn't anger the Xbox Live gods.

FyreWulff

One of our clanmates had the gamertag 'TheNameIsJohnny" since before Halo 2 came out.

He got a forced gamertag change because 'his gamertag had his name in it' last week

So he changed it t "TheNameIsBanned"

One of our clanmates had the gamertag 'TheNameIsJohnny" since before Halo 2 came out.

He got a forced gamertag change because 'his gamertag had his name in it' last week

I honestly don't see an issue with that. I guess MS has to disallow as much personal information as possible to keep the parent groups happy.

I really wish they would just ban everyone who has 420 or XXX prefix or suffixing their GT.

ElRenoRaven

I swear these companies really are ridiculous with that crap. As long as it isn't offensive then don't make them change it. That's just bullshit. It's like the filters on file names and such in the Halo games. I mean don't you think it's a little bit ridiculous when the default file names are banned?

FyreWulff

I honestly don't see an issue with that. I guess MS has to disallow as much personal information as possible to keep the parent groups happy.

I really wish they would just ban everyone who has 420 or XXX prefix or suffixing their GT.

Well, except for the fact that everyone else running around with "John 117" in their gamertag.. and that they took 7 years to apparently care.

I swear these companies really are ridiculous with that crap. As long as it isn't offensive then don't make them change it. That's just bullshit. It's like the filters on file names and such in the Halo games. I mean don't you think it's a little bit ridiculous when the default file names are banned?

Yeah, MS's filter on those is overkill. At one point the word "on" was banned.

Also, Big Team Slayer gets BLAM!'d but not Slayer Big Team. What I don't even

And like 3 maps get BLAM'd because their map description has the word 'ban' in it.

edit: also, that weekly. Seriously?

Well, except for the fact that everyone else running around with "John 117" in their gamertag.. and that they took 7 years to apparently care.

Yeah, MS's filter on those is overkill. At one point the word "on" was banned.

Also, Big Team Slayer gets BLAM!'d but not Slayer Big Team. What I don't even

And like 3 maps get BLAM'd because their map description has the word 'ban' in it.

Iv had people on my FR called Steven Jacques or something to that nature using the name outright instead of an alias and they still have the tags im pretty sure they dont care.

Word filters need a huge overhaul with the nextbox.

P.S why you still a junior?

Don't tell the XBL team, but my first name is actually "ncsu".

Halo 3: 1750/1750
Halo Wars: 1200/1200
Halo 3: ODST: 1000/1000
Halo: Reach: 1700/1700
Halo: CEA: 1000/1000

Halo Waypoint Gamerscore: 6650/6650

CEA was awesome. I disliked some of the graphical style at first, but acclimated to it eventually and forgot about the nits I picked. Thanks for putting this out, guys (please consider bringing the multiplayer to XBLA)!
Pfft, no Halo 2 V? NOT A REAL FAN! ;D

Halo 2 V: 1000/1000
Halo ODST: 1000/1000
Halo Reach: 1400/1700 (Staying like that forever, never touching that multiplayer again)
Halo CEA: 1000/1000
Halo honourable mention, Marathon Durandal: 200/250, because fuck spending 800 MSP on a map pack for a game that no one will ever play multiplayer for on XBLA.

Pfft, no Halo 2 V? NOT A REAL FAN! ;D

Halo Reach: 1400/1700 (Staying like that forever, never touching that multiplayer again)
Halo honourable mention, Marathon Durandal: 200/250, because fuck spending 800 MSP on a map pack for a game that no one will ever play multiplayer for on XBLA.

Halo Reach: 17000/1700
Halo Wars 375/1200 (need help, someone help please :( )

They just jelly.

Found out my best friend is selling his Xbox because it's a major distraction from his classes and he wants to concentrate on school more often.

HaloGAF, I am sad. :*( You guys are gonna have to step up.

Lame but expected, thanks.

I wouldnt expect magazine based media till the new year. Best we can hope for is something akin to This at the VGA's and a beta trailer sometime in march or april.

Id love lots of vidocs leading up to it, introduce 343 visually and snip some footage from MP and Campaign in. Then forge and firefight vidocs closer to release.

Crucio

Wow, Skyward sword is awesome! So much to do! 10 hours of play and only just finished second temple! Wow!

I LOVE the overworld, so epic. A little hard to fly the Loftwing though.

The fade out graphics of far away stuff is a little strange at first. Though I'm getting used to it. They made up a lot in gameplay for the lack of super detailed environments. But the overall artwork is pleasing.

I'm hoping to finish Halo Anniversary campaign tonight/tomorrow! In co-op at least.
Library is next!

I still haven't been able to get that beat down acieivement with the jetpack. Boggles me! Some of you already got all the achievements in both games!? Ya'll crazy!

Magni

This has always killed me. The game is rated Mature for -BLAM!-'s sake.

'Assault' (and others) being blam!-ed is a disgrace.

Top Bottom