• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT7| What are They to Say Now?

TheOddOne

Thats the way I did it and it worked a treat. I think the way they tuned it makes it so that a DLC map will almost always show in the first round of voting, if the only DLC you have is Defiant then you have much better odds of getting a Defiant map show up.
I guess I have to try it out this week. Thanks!

urk

butthole fishhooking yes
Hey - at least they think you're a Halo VIP. I didn't even GET an email. :)

I got this.

urawesome.png

Feel free to share it on Facebook.

Yes, I got Bounty Hunter.. At least thats one achievement I wont have to stress about. It was actually really easy on Solitary.

You have to play the Living Dead playlist to get Infection on a Defiant map. You could try for the other Defiant achievements in Premium Battle, but as you said, people are going to vote for Anniversary maps almost always.

=/

I really wish it wouldn't force you to play a certain set of maps, especially when they aren't required for the playlist. If living dead required DLC then I wouldn't be so upset. That or if only we could make the criteria to only be paired up with dlc owners, long wait times be damned.

Okay HaloGAF, need some opinions.

lyyA5.jpg

Basically various pissed off faces are going into those white boxes but I'm wondering what style to do them in. (keep in mind my colors are limited).

misc_fake_cselect.gif

mp8-character-select.jpg

402830-street_fighter_2_special_champion_edition___group_battle_super.jpg

These aren't the only options just some of the ones I've come across.

malfcn

Everyone got a badge? I did, and I am not a big Halo player. Enjoy it a lot though.

xw6Je.png

Got Defiant, wish I had Noble 1. Like me some 'cheevos. Oddly, I only have Noble achievements, without that DLC. :confused:

Willeth

:-O

Very light spoilers, if even spoilers at all -
I really hope they don't push the Winterfell storyline to Season 3

They could excise a lot of it, though. Real spoilers for Clash of Kings / Game of Thrones Season 2:

It's a side-story at best. The fall of Winterfell ends up being significant in a very small number of ways, and not many affect the TV show.

Theon is barely in the show as it is, so to bring him in is kind of clunky. As awesome as the contrast between the ways of the Greyjoys and the rest of the cast it's too late to bring him in as a full character now.

As we don't know Theon in the show, his betrayal of Winterfell and the Starks doesn't really have a huge effect on the viewer, and it's not easy to show a lot of his inner monologue on-screen. Wanting to show himself as worthy to his father and yet remain virtuous works great in the books, but there's not a lot of room for it in the show.

The only key things I can think of that the fall of Winterfell does is it's a device to get the rest of the realm thinking that REAL FUCKING SPOILER, I HOPE YOU HAVEN'T HIGHLIGHTED THIS IF YOU HAVEN'T READ ALL OF CLASH OF KINGS Bran and Rickon have died. Everything else is told through Bran's eyes, and we already have a fantastic setup for his green dreams in season one.

My bet is that we'll see it all from Bran's perspective, and none from Theon's. None of the Iron Islands stage-setting (which is a shame, but the series can survive without it). We're clueless, as Bran would be, until they storm the castle, and then we have a short bit of exposition ("you were my father's WARD, Theon!") to clue us in, and bam - job done. The only bit we see from Theon's perspective is the hunt through the woods and the ride to the mill before an end-of-episode cliffhanger.

We miss SPOILER Luwin and Theon's death, but that's easily solved by a raven sent to whoever's appropriate after the castle is sacked. ASoIaF is best when it's the story of the Starks, Tyrion and Dany, at least early on. Theon and Davos in the second book are largely forgettable, although there's more room to introduce Davos in Season 2 as that's when he was introduced in the books.

But anyway, Halo CEA. After Assault on the Control Room I'm back into it, I think. Maybe I just needed some time to settle back into the old ways. But every level brings something I forgot was a later addition/improvement. You can't boost in a Ghost, Hunters go down for too easily to the pistol, etc.

wwm0nkey

Hey NeoGAF got mentioned in a podcast with Frankie lol
(around the 14 minute mark)

Also Frankie the best way to do a Halo 2 remake would be a Games on Demand or Arcade version, a retail version wouldn't really work like it did for CEA. Actually a $20 Games on demand version with 1000 GS would be awesome.

Homeboyd

Hey NeoGAF got mentioned in a podcast with Frankie lol
(around the 14 minute mark)

Also Frankie the best way to do a Halo 2 remake would be a Games on Demand or Arcade version, a retail version wouldn't really work like it did for CEA.
Yeah that would be nice.

I love CEA and am having a great time with the new maps.. but Im happy its out and we can now focus on H4... and possibly more DLC for Reach?? lol.. probably not likely but we've got about a year before H4 drops.

kylej

Banned
Has she even played any of the games or is she typical eye candy gaming journalist?

I dunno. I've never seen her before. Probably eye candy but I always get depressed watching chicks like her doing these types of bullshit jobs. I guess it pays the bills.

daedalius

Wow just finished "the Mona Lisa" in Evolutions, man, that short does the Flood right.

Would be cool if they were more like Dead Space necromorphs than plant zombies in the future, if we even see the Flood in something like H4.

Okay HaloGAF, need some opinions.

http://i.imgur.com/lyyA5.jpg[IMG]

Basically various pissed off faces are going into those white boxes but I'm wondering what style to do them in. (keep in mind my colors are limited).

[img]http://www.streetsofrage.net/img/misc/misc_fake_cselect.gif[img]

[img]http://zeidz.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/09/mp8-character-select.jpg[img]

[img]http://media.giantbomb.com/uploads/0/8124/402830-street_fighter_2_special_champion_edition___group_battle_super.jpg[img]

These aren't the only options just some of the ones I've come across.[/QUOTE]

[B]STREETS OF RAGE![/B]

They could excise a lot of it, though. Real spoilers for Clash of Kings / Game of Thrones Season 2:

It's a side-story at best. The fall of Winterfell ends up being significant in a very small number of ways, and not many affect the TV show.

Theon is barely in the show as it is, so to bring him in is kind of clunky. As awesome as the contrast between the ways of the Greyjoys and the rest of the cast it's too late to bring him in as a full character now.

As we don't know Theon in the show, his betrayal of Winterfell and the Starks doesn't really have a huge effect on the viewer, and it's not easy to show a lot of his inner monologue on-screen. Wanting to show himself as worthy to his father and yet remain virtuous works great in the books, but there's not a lot of room for it in the show.

The only key things I can think of that the fall of Winterfell does is it's a device to get the rest of the realm thinking that REAL FUCKING SPOILER, I HOPE YOU HAVEN'T HIGHLIGHTED THIS IF YOU HAVEN'T READ ALL OF CLASH OF KINGS Bran and Rickon have died. Everything else is told through Bran's eyes, and we already have a fantastic setup for his green dreams in season one.

My bet is that we'll see it all from Bran's perspective, and none from Theon's. None of the Iron Islands stage-setting (which is a shame, but the series can survive without it). We're clueless, as Bran would be, until they storm the castle, and then we have a short bit of exposition ("you were my father's WARD, Theon!") to clue us in, and bam - job done. The only bit we see from Theon's perspective is the hunt through the woods and the ride to the mill before an end-of-episode cliffhanger.

We miss SPOILER Luwin and Theon's death, but that's easily solved by a raven sent to whoever's appropriate after the castle is sacked. ASoIaF is best when it's the story of the Starks, Tyrion and Dany, at least early on. Theon and Davos in the second book are largely forgettable, although there's more room to introduce Davos in Season 2 as that's when he was introduced in the books.

But anyway, Halo CEA. After Assault on the Control Room I'm back into it, I think. Maybe I just needed some time to settle back into the old ways. But every level brings something I forgot was a later addition/improvement. You can't boost in a Ghost, Hunters go down for too easily to the pistol, etc.

Are these spoilers to GoT/CoK? Or are they Storm of Swords and on? (Only have read and finished up to Book 2).

Wow just finished "the Mona Lisa" in Evolutions, man, that short does the Flood right.

Would be cool if they were more like Dead Space necromorphs than plant zombies in the future, if we even see the Flood in something like H4.
Have you watched the motion comic adaption yet? Also a very great watch. Mona Lisa was my favourite.

I like the "horror" flood from CE after that the flood become worse and worse. If the reclaimer trilogy has flood i hope they go back to the original feel of the flood

Clash of Kings spoilers
Balon and Theon's sister (which they renamed for some reason) were both cast for Season 2, so we are definitely going to see Theon's perspective from the second novel. In the TV show, they also spent more time on Theon than he gets in the first novel because of his expanded role in the second novel. I don't think we are going to see any of his content cut.

What people are concerned about happening is the end of the Winterfell arc being pushed into season 3 because Meera and Jojen were apparently not cast for season 2. (They could have just changed when those characters are introduced however.)

As for the Haloz, finished the weekly today, felt good to dong with that Pistol.

Havok

Out of curiosity are people regularly using custom challenges? I keep forgetting about them, but honestly they are a really nice feature.
I usually put a couple up whenever I play. Medals, Wins and Kills, usually. Turns out I like seeing bars fill up, no matter what screen its on.

Willeth

Clash of Kings spoilers
Balon and Theon's sister (which they renamed for some reason) were both cast for Season 2, so we are definitely going to see Theon's perspective from the second novel. In the TV show, they also spent more time on Theon than he gets in the first novel because of his expanded role in the second novel. I don't think we are going to see any of his content cut.

What people are concerned about happening is the end of the Winterfell arc being pushed into season 3 because Meera and Jojen were apparently not cast for season 2. (They could have just changed when those characters are introduced however.)

As for the Haloz, finished the weekly today, felt good to dong with that Pistol.
Hm, that is weird. They spent so much time on it in S1 also. Maybe you don't need them but that's a significant change if so.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Congrats to Instinct. Guys are a bunch of studs. I'm so curious to see the new teams coming next season. Gametypes as well.

Top Bottom