• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT7| What are They to Say Now?

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Is Anniversary that easy to get 1000/1000? I thought it looked fairly difficult.

To be fair, those of us with 20 friends on the list and 5 or less we play with on a constant basis cannot fathom those of you with 100 people you play with constantly. I keep a few Halo Gaffers on my list for invites or add/remove others as customs are going on. I could see adding all HaloGaf folks, but the notifications would blow my mind, and it's much easier to keep my list small and add/remove as needed.

To be fair, those of us with 20 friends on the list and 5 or less we play with on a constant basis cannot fathom those of you with 100 people you play with constantly. I keep a few Halo Gaffers on my list for invites or add/remove others as customs are going on. I could see adding all HaloGaf folks, but the notifications would blow my mind, and it's much easier to keep my list small and add/remove as needed.

To be fair those of you with smaller lists wouldn't suffer for anything so I don't see any of your arguments as valid. Also replied to you in that thread.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=32858518&postcount=166

Yeah. A few of the level-specific ones looked tough though. The Library one for instance.
The two time specific ones for Guilty Spark and Library seem like they would be annoying, but I got them through normal play. They don't accumulate the time included with your deaths, so it took me 40 minutes to do Library on Legendary but I still got the achievement for it.

And doing Library Heroic with no deaths is pretty easy. It's a casual stroll around the place, you just have avoid getting hit by the couple rocket wielding bastards.

Totally changing to DeadlyHotKarl ASAP.

I was there when my friend logged in and had to change the name, but I wasn't paying attention.

He asked me for suggestions and I said he should change it to DeadlyHotKari; I figured the "i" would look enough like an "l" that people would still get the reference. I assumed he understood my thought process so I didn't spell it out for him.

He changed it to DeadlyHotKary...

I have around 65 members of HaloGAF on my list. Funny thing is that only means that usually 2-4 people are online at a time. You know, cause none of you play Halo.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
I was there when my friend logged in and had to change the name, but I wasn't paying attention.

He asked me for suggestions and I said he should change it to DeadlyHotKari; I figured the "i" would look enough like an "l" that people would still get the reference. I assumed he understood my thought process so I didn't spell it out for him.

Well that explains that.

Oh boy.

Risen

To be fair those of you with smaller lists wouldn't suffer for anything so I don't see any of your arguments as valid. Also replied to you in that thread.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=32858518&postcount=166

Is there honestly a valid argument for capping the list at a smaller number?

In H2 I had a full friends list AND a full clan list. I currently am constantly hitting the 100 person cap. I end up rotating the last 5 or so between folks during the times I'm consistently playing with them.

I'm a part of multiple communities and games and find the 100 person cap pretty restricting. Any given night I have 50+ friends online spread across 3-4 different games.

I want the ability to have either more friends, or an additional clan/community list a la H2. I continue to shake my head at certain aspects of gaming going backwards from a game made so many years ago.

Be it lobbies, ranks, or the clan list.

Easy solution: give the unwanted friends list slots to those that want them. They wanna be capped at 25? Slide those 75 slots this way.

2 Star Wars The Old Republic Closed Beta Codes

Answere one of these 3 HaloGAF related questions to "Win" one.

1. What kind of slang term for a promiscuous girl do i frequently spoiler tag as a insult
2. What kind of internet connection does tashi have
3. What animal was hidden in plain sight in a female HaloGAFers Avatar.

Is there honestly a valid argument for capping the list at a smaller number?

In H2 I had a full friends list AND a full clan list. I currently am constantly hitting the 100 person cap. I end up rotating the last 5 or so between folks during the times I'm consistently playing with them.

I'm a part of multiple communities and games and find the 100 person cap pretty restricting. Any given night I have 50+ friends online spread across 3-4 different games.

I want the ability to have either more friends, or an additional clan/community list a la H2. I continue to shake my head at certain aspects of gaming going backwards from a game made so many years ago.

Be it lobbies, ranks, or the clan list.

And as a legitimate complaint it just gets buried so people can whine about inconsequential shit. Oh sorry as a "gamer" I want to "game" with more people. Somehow that makes me a wannabe celebrity, I should go make a twitter. You know it's that kind of shit, to be frank, that pisses me off so much about parts of the gamer community. They need to stop ascribing their anti-social shit ass opinions onto others. Got a close knit list? Good for you. Using it as a point of elitism and bringing in comparisons to Facebook (especially when I couldn't give a fuck less about Facebook integration), fuck off. I'm really not in the mood this week to be pleasant about this either. There is no real argument to be had other than some stupid elitist horseshit about their friend's lists being "exclusive." Nice excuse.

/rant

Sai-kun

Banned

Answere one of these 3 HaloGAF related questions to "Win" one.

1. What kind of slang term for a promiscuous girl do i frequently spoiler tag as a insult
2. What kind of internet connection does tashi have
3. What animal was hidden in plain sight in a female HaloGAFers Avatar.

whore
fios
cat

p.s. ilu ;)))

Risen

And as a legitimate complaint it just gets buried so people can whine about inconsequential shit. Oh sorry as a "gamer" I want to "game" with more people. Somehow that makes me a wannabe celebrity, I should go make a twitter. You know it's that kind of shit, to be frank, that pisses me off so much about parts of the gamer community. They need to stop ascribing their anti-social shit ass opinions onto others. Got a close knit list? Good for you. Using it as a point of elitism and bringing in comparisons to Facebook (especially when I couldn't give a fuck less about Facebook integration), fuck off. I'm really not in the mood this week to be pleasant about this either. There is no real argument to be had other than some stupid elitist horseshit about their friend's lists being "exclusive." Nice excuse.

/rant

More proof that I will not ever enter other threads in Neogaf... I think I would end up giving myself a stroke.

Like Danny Glover... I'm too old for this shit.

Answere one of these 3 HaloGAF related questions to "Win"

1. What kind of slang term for a promiscuous girl do i frequently spoiler tag as a insult?
2. What is the GAF Username of the forward unto dawn admin?
3. What capture card does juices use?

Likely old but the Major Nelson Podcast has Dan and Frankie on it.

Frankie says 12 terminals and quickly corrects himself to 10, with "threshold" we have 11 terminals 1 more?

Im betting there is a 12th then. The fact that the input device accepts 10 symbols but the terminals only have 5 was one thing, but with that slip up im thinking its sealed. Probably a pattern that needs to be found with the codes where 1 symbol per terminal needs to be input, but who knows.

1. What kind of slang term for a promiscuous girl do i frequently spoiler tag as a insult?

I know at least one of those, but alas I do not believe my computer can handle it.

Im betting there is a 12th then. The fact that the input device accepts 10 symbols but the terminals only have 5 was one thing, but with that slip up im thinking its sealed. Probably a pattern that needs to be found with the codes where 1 symbol per terminal needs to be input, but who knows.

Some symbols go unused i was think it might be a combernation of all the left over symbols.

Looks like the code sai got isnt working right now, ill still give the other 2 codes away but they also may not work.

kylej

Banned
He's a class 12 Ultraracist.

I don't hate or dislike anybody, I just don't like halfassed shit. I spend more time with Halo than any other game which is why I want it to be good. CE:A looks pretty amazing so bravo to 343. I believe in Halo 4.

Kyle is prejudice against everyone.

You're the only one who shares my sense of humor in the whole entirety of HaloGAF. If you ever leave I'm going to be lost in a sea of people who think "blain" is offensive.

FyreWulff

I signed on a couple days ago, said I had 53 friends online. I am facebook champion and my self esteem was salvaged

Also, anyone interested in running a Weekly team tonight? Whatever list we have the team size for.

I can't believe I never noticed the ellipses until now. Apparently my brain ignores them.

Yeah im kind of glad they go unnoticed, I dont like them. :p I just didnt have the imagination to think of anything else.

I don't hate or dislike anybody, I just don't like halfassed shit. I spend more time with Halo than any other game which is why I want it to be good. CE:A looks pretty amazing so bravo to 343. I believe in Halo 4.

You're the only one who shares my sense of humor in the whole entirety of HaloGAF. If you ever leave I'm going to be lost in a sea of people who think "blain" is offensive.

drama queen.

How you finding the new CoD? Im bored of it already. :( And I havent even played them as much as most people have.

Halo 4 had better be good, I dont even think CoD will be worth playing in the future.

kylej

Banned
Hey, I love your sense of humor!

Oh yeah you and the rest of the TJs are good people.

I wish I could trade half of HaloGAF to get EazyB back. Unfairly banned in the prime of his posting career. RIP.

Mother...dude >=/, fine shack up with that whore.

It's not gay if the balls don't touch.

How you finding the new CoD? Im bored of it already. :(

Sold that turd. Maps were abysmal, netcode shaky, not as much fun to me as Blops. Swing and a miss this year.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative

I know at least one of those, but alas I do not believe my computer can handle it.

There is no 12th.

Finally got my copy of Glasslands today. Only reason I bought it in paperback was so it'd fit in with the rest of the Halo novels on my shelf... But it turns out it's bigger.

Dammit, could've bought the hardcover edition then. :(

Top Bottom