• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT7| What are They to Say Now?

kylej

Banned
I'm just going to assume I'm that bus and the car is a BK, and the guy running had fucking sprint or some shit and because of bloom I couldn't nail him.

I couldn't find an accurate response gif in my collection so I just chose one that makes my balls shrink.

oh and while I'm posting images, after his 5th Natty Champ, I demand this be placed in the OP

Ogre2Final.png

Ogre 2 is the God of Halo. It is only right that he appear at the top of this thread.

I couldn't find an accurate response gif in my collection so I just chose one that makes my balls shrink.

oh and while I'm posting images, after his 5th Natty Champ, I demand this be placed in the OP

Ogre2Final.png

Ogre 2 is the God of Halo. It is only right that he appear at the top of this thread.

What the fuck.

Ogre2Final.png

...dude, really?

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
New MLG playlist sounds awesome.

No Sprint, 120% speed, Zero Bloom?

CEA maps in the future?

I'm down.
They're mixed though. There will be a slot for a gametype with Sprint too.
http://forums.majorleaguegaming.com/topic/256173-december-1st-mlg-playlist-update/

AA's will be on the maps still. Sooooo we can pick up evade and jetpack but no one will have sprint. We'll see how this turns out. As for Anny maps, I'm very excited. Gimme Beaver Creek! Whatever the case may be, I just hope that any changes come quick to the playlist.

Blinding any word from Sundance?

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
No, though Lightking has told me that Anakin and Puckett are looking into it.
Oh that's good. I do hope some justice is served. If that happened to me, I'm getting thrown out of the event. I would have flipped on that ref.

They're mixed though. There will be a slot for a gametype with Sprint too.
http://forums.majorleaguegaming.com/topic/256173-december-1st-mlg-playlist-update/

AA's will be on the maps still. Sooooo we can pick up evade and jetpack but no one will have sprint. We'll see how this turns out. As for Anny maps, I'm very excited. Gimme Beaver Creek! Whatever the case may be, I just hope that any changes come quick to the playlist.

Blinding any word from Sundance?

:lol at everybody typing "You saved Halo!" or "Halo will be Halo again!"

Blinding

Oh that's good. I do hope some justice is served. If that happened to me, I'm getting thrown out of the event. I would have flipped on that ref.

It wasn't even just one ref, it was two that confirmed the match time on the info board to me, and then there was a third that confirmed it to another team that got a DNS. The whole situation was beyond retarded, and I actually talked to Shibby and Puckett about it at the event and they were both flabbergasted. And the icing on the cake is that the team we would've played had they not changed the match time we had destroyed during warmups, and then the team they played next round we had also destroyed during warmups, so we got screwed out of at least getting LBR6.

kylej said:
What? Ogre 2 is a defining influence in my life. He proves to me that with dedication and hard work, anybody can be a champion. I look up to him kind of like a big brother.

So yes, really, I would like that in the first post.
I just want an animated gif of a never-ending Ogre Twitch

What? Ogre 2 is a defining influence in my life. He proves to me that with dedication and hard work, anybody can be a champion. I look up to him kind of like a big brother.

So yes, really, I would like that in the first post.

I say once Reach OT7 hits 20,000 posts we switch things up for the next thread:

Ogre2GAF |OT1| Are You There God? It's Me, kylej.

FyreWulff

So are there playlists with decreased bloom as well as zero bloom?

85% Bloom + Bleedthrough + 4SK Pistol

TU Beta

All Anniversary playlists

3SK Pistol

Anniversary playlists where the gametype has "Anniversary" in the name

Vanilla Reach with 5SK pistol

Everything else

Have fun figuring out which pistol you have when the gametype starts!

Havok

So are there playlists with decreased bloom as well as zero bloom?
There's a mixture. Anniversary BTB and Classic gametypes have an improved pistol and 85% DMR (pickup in Classic). Anniversary Squad has Anniversary Classic (see above) gametypes as well as TU gametypes with armor abilities and 85% DMR.

It's a weird setup, but you get used to it.

Beaten by Fyrewulff and Hypertrooper, who put it better than I could.

FyreWulff

There's a mixture. Anniversary BTB and Classic gametypes have an improved pistol and 85% DMR (pickup in Classic). Anniversary Squad has Anniversary Classic (see above) gametypes as well as TU gametypes with armor abilities and 85% DMR.

It's a weird setup, but you get used to it.

Beaten by Fyrewulff, who put it better than I could.

Also I think all 3 pistols show up in Anniversary Squad. A couple of the objective gametypes are vanilla Reach.

Beaten by Fyrewulff, who put it better than I could.
Come on. I answered his question before you two guys. Not as great as Fyrewulff, but still I answered his question. :(

And yep. 3shot pistol appears in Anniversary Squad.

Edit.: I just want to clarify, that I tried to get attention and that the insult(if you think it is a insult) isn't one. I tried to do it on a funny way. So I am using this excuse: I speak english don't good.

What are you do reading HaloGAF? We're not even worthy of being recognized in the CE:A credits, remember?
Who cares about the credits, we're on the front of the box!

A = F
B = = M
C = G
D = = N

E = A
F = = H
G = B
H = = I
I = C
J = = J
K = D
L = = K
M = E
N = = L

Halo: CEA = Halo: ???

Tunavi

Banned
Just wanted to highlight Fyrewulff's post from CEA thread
If they had put the original multiplayer in, it would have had the same input latency issues as campaign. Because they would have had to use lockstep networking.

Halo Reach versus multiplayer does not use lockstep networking and therefore doesn't have input lag.

Also, there is way too much bloom on the CEA pistol in Reach MP

Ogre 2 has won in Halo CE, Halo 2, Halo 3, Shadowrun, and Halo Reach. I think he has 30 mlg 4v4 wins. Has won WCG, some tournaments before mlg, 2v2s, and like 2 or 3 ffas. So he probably has 40+ wins in total.

He was also voted best overall player by fellow pros 3 straight years in Halo 2.

So yeah, he's The Halo God. Fuck out of here SK, you don't deserve that name.

Ogre 2 has won in Halo CE, Halo 2, Halo 3, Shadowrun, and Halo Reach. I think he has 30 mlg 4v4 wins. Has won WCG, some tournaments before mlg, 2v2s, and like 2 or 3 ffas. So he probably has 40+ wins in total.

He was also voted best overall player by fellow pros 3 straight years in Halo 2.

So yeah, he's The Halo God. Fuck out of here SK, you don't deserve that name.

What does ogre 1 and 3 do now?

TheOddOne

Wait, the anniversery map pack is required for the defiant playlist? That's pretty lame...
As much as I like the mappacks, the handeling of them has been a clusterfuck. Maby 343i is doing their best, but they have to know that this is not the way to handle this and hopefully avoid it in the future.

Man, I prefer the 85% bloom and AAs to the 'classic' Anniversary playlist.

The new maps feel better than the classic versions to me, and that three-shot pistol is fun to beat up on people that try to score AR kills, but boring once matches devolve into nothing more than pistol-sniping, circle-strafing contests.

Top Bottom