• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT7| What are They to Say Now?

Havok

Man, I prefer the 85% bloom and AAs to the 'classic' Anniversary playlist.

The new maps feel better than the classic versions to me, and that three-shot pistol is fun to beat up on people that try to score AR kills, but boring once matches devolve into nothing more than pistol-sniping, circle-strafing contests.
I agree with some of this. Some of the new variants, like Ridgeline, are great improvements on the classic maps (this isn't the case for all of them, but you can't win 'em all), and the pistol can feel very inconsistent at times while I really enjoy the 85% DMR. Some of the settings like player gravity/jump height are out of wack in the Anniversary settings which can make things feel a little weird. Unfortunately, crap like Evade litters the non-Classic playlists.

I don't think that matches necessarily devolve into anything, just that it can get a little more hectic than I like with a lot of 'wait, how did I die?' moments.
So why does Slayer Anniversary show bloom on the pistol if there's no bloom? What's the point?
I imagine (without anything to back my speculation up) that's a side effect of bloom existing when the trigger is held down and the title update being as limited in scope as it was.

eeblogue

Neo Member
They're also trying to get the Arena ranking system implemented in the playlist as well, which is better then nothing imo.

Do you have a source?

The MLG playlist should have been punted into Arena the minute Bungie fixed the way Arena it was scored.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Now that it's win/loss in Arena, it could mold to MLG. Couldn't before because no way to measure individual score in an objective game. Should have been win/loss from the start.

Also, ranks for Halo 4, are a must.

Now that it's win/loss in Arena, it could mold to MLG. Couldn't before because no way to measure individual score in an objective game. Should have been win/loss from the start.

Also, ranks for Halo 4, are a must.

You mean in the current game? Because there are ways to measure your worth in an objective game. I wasn't a fan of arena anyway since people would just kill steal my shit to run up their numbers instead of playing like a team.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
You mean in the current game? Because there are ways to measure your worth in an objective game. I wasn't a fan of arena anyway since people would just kill steal my shit to run up their numbers instead of playing like a team.
Well definitely not in Reach. Bungie made it public that they couldn't figure it because there weren't proper systems and trackers in place to measure an individuals performance. I'm also of the belief that things like positioning, cover fire, and spawn blocking are critical to a victory in an objective game. I'm not sure how you go about measuring those.

Well definitely not in Reach. Bungie made it public that they couldn't figure it because there weren't proper systems and trackers in place to measure an individuals performance. I'm also of the belief that things like positioning, cover fire, and spawn blocking are critical to a victory in an objective game. I'm not sure how you go about measuring those.

Time From Start Of Match - Time All Players Quit

Yeah, that's exactly why Bungie wasn't able to come up with a rating for objective games.

Tunavi

Banned
So why does Slayer Anniversary show bloom on the pistol if there's no bloom? What's the point?
I imagine (without anything to back my speculation up) that's a side effect of bloom existing when the trigger is held down and the title update being as limited in scope as it was.
Wait, so the visual bloom on the CEA pistol is only in effect when the trigger is held down? Because when I fire single shots, it still looks like there's a ton of bloom.

lybertyboy

Thinks the Evil Empire is just misunderstood.
Wait, so the visual bloom on the CEA pistol is only in effect when the trigger is held down? Because when I fire single shots, it still looks like there's a ton of bloom.

That's a visual indicator only. You don't have any bloom when you fire the weapon with separate trigger pulls.

That's a visual indicator only. You don't have any bloom when you fire the weapon with separate trigger pulls.
Apparently it doesn't.

It sure feels like it does when you pull individually (All I do). I guess the Pistol is just that insanely inaccurate.

Fat Mac is still thinner than regular Frankie. This fact disturbs me, even as I eat this pie.

After watching a bunch of clips of ASIP the last couple of days, anyone else pretty disappointed in Fat Mac? Or maybe that's just a disappointment about the show being a mere shadow of its first few seasons.

The paperback cover for Glasslands is really nice. It's bigger, so it's more comfortable (imo). The cover's also not too sturdy (while not being flimsy), so the book literally just falls open into your hand. Very nice to read in.

FyreWulff

There's a free gold weekend this weekend. This means you can play:

Halo 3
Campaign Co-op
Social Matchmaking

ODST
Campaign Co-op
Firefight

Reach
Every playlist that's not Arena or MLG

Wars
Campaign co-op

(matchmaking is 100% ranked in Wars, so no-go there)

WereItSoEasy.png

This made my night.

Indeed my friend, I told someone that you were level 40+ plus on skyrim, he nearly spit out his drink!

Nearing 50 now, then I'm retiring my character for a while and going through CEA for the first time.

Then I'm starting another character to do some other quest lines. :lol

But there's guys in the Skyrim OT that are level 60 and onward, I have no idea how they do it.

Nearing 50 now, then I'm retiring my character for a while and going through CEA for the first time.

But there's guys in the Skyrim OT that are level 60 and onward, I have no idea how they do it.

WTF, I refreshed this thread and blue ninja's post was replaced with Frankie, it was the same post, just had Frankie's picture and name.

I freaked out.

Okay, every time I refresh my and Blue's post gets replaced with a random member of halogaf.

Its quite funny.

WTF, I refreshed this thread and blue ninja's post was replaced with Frankie, it was the same post, just had Frankie's picture and name.

I freaked out.

Okay, every time I refresh my and Blue's post gets replaced with a random member of halogaf.

Its quite funny.

Well, I am a Ninja, I guess.

Get new interwebz!

Ramirez

WOW. I have been pacing my shots this whole time.

I'm not sure how much I buy into this, when I pull the trigger as fast as possible, I rarely get 3SK, but when I pace a little bit, the likely hood of a 3SK seems to become more consistent. It's weird, and I think the bloom indicator just adds another psychological aspect to it that drags it down. Sucks that they couldn't get it pulled out...

Havok

I'm not sure how much I buy into this, when I pull the trigger as fast as possible, I rarely get 3SK, but when I pace a little bit, the likely hood of a 3SK seems to become more consistent. It's weird, and I think the bloom indicator just adds another psychological aspect to it that drags it down. Sucks that they couldn't get it pulled out...
I've had this same experience, which makes me wonder if I'm not releasing the trigger far enough or something. I trust what they've said is accurate, but it's definitely contributed to my feeling that the pistol isn't terribly consistent when I'm using it.

Is there really such a thing when team shooting is a ery important part of competitive play?

Well if and when assists aren't weighted properly it becomes an issue of someone just finishing off kills and becoming a higher rank. Meanwhile you actually did most of the grunt work but here's shit because you died while they racked up kills. In a system that's not based on w/l you're going to get selfish assholes.

I've had this same experience, which makes me wonder if I'm not releasing the trigger far enough or something. I trust what they've said is accurate, but it's definitely contributed to my feeling that the pistol isn't terribly consistent when I'm using it.

I would venture that its because when you pace your shots you have better time to aim. when you spam the trigger it seems like it would be harder to keep the reticule on that head.

Ramirez

I would venture that its because when you pace your shots you have better time to aim. when you spam the trigger it seems like it would be harder to keep the reticule on that head.

What? When you pace, you're looking at the reticule going down AND trying to keep your aim on a guy. When you fire rapidly, you're just worried about keeping your aim on the guy.

KevinRo

I've had nothing but amazing games with the pistol. It destroys people. 3 shot kills for me are common and I have nothing bad to say about the bloom on it.

Infact, I would like to point out that Halo with the 3 shot pistol shortens encounters and makes it more enjoyable. You can actually finish encounters, turn around and dong on another person.

I love CE for its genuine difficulty, not here's some wraiths that can shoot at bullshit angles.

Meh, truthfully i dont find it all that hard. Its more of a waiting game not that any of the other halo games are hard but still.

You have to go to SLASO if you want a challenge but the crap no hud and blackeye skulls make it more of a trail of how much you can endure than difficulty at that point.

level 50? that is insane

Tunavi

Banned
I'll definitely be playing differently now that I know about the accuracy. We've all been conditioned to worry when that reticle blows up haha

Lazslo

I want to live in a world where on Free Gold weekends they bring back Halo 2 XBL. Some say I'm a dreamer, I just call myself a Believer. Believe.

Top Bottom