• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT7| What are They to Say Now?

What? When you pace, you're looking at the reticule going down AND trying to keep your aim on a guy. When you fire rapidly, you're just worried about keeping your aim on the guy.
I think he means pacing because of a perceived bloom means you give yourself more time to correct your aim in between shots. You can try and always fire at the maximum rate, but missing a shot because of that defeats the end goal, bloom or not.

feel

That's a visual indicator only. You don't have any bloom when you fire the weapon with separate trigger pulls.

Don't know if you're being confused by some unfinished build you played, but in the MM gametype if you press the trigger very rapidly the reticule doesn't settle completely and keeps getting bigger and bigger with the bullets going all over the place.

FyreWulff

I don't really want to know who's bright idea it was, but take the damn banshee off Breakneck. Until 343 decides to actually patch it, it is too overpowered to be on any map but Boneyard.

Teams have already figured out how to spawncamp with it on Breakneck :/

Don't know if you're being confused by some unfinished build you played, but in the MM gametype if you press the trigger very rapidly the reticule doesn't settle completely and keeps getting bigger and bigger with the bullets going all over the place.

Yeah I'm pretty convinced of this as well.

I'm interested to know what they are doing, especially since it involves Halo 3 & ODST.

Probably just maintenance on the server system for stats, fileshare items, or video rendering.

I'm sure it's just backend stuff and we won't see any noticeable impact.

That, or they're dropping new Title Updates to add 15% more bloom and armor lock charge to Halo 3 and ODST. That surplus bloom had to go somewhere.

Now that it's win/loss in Arena, it could mold to MLG. Couldn't before because no way to measure individual score in an objective game. Should have been win/loss from the start.

Also, ranks for Halo 4, are a must.

Obviously you havent read Fyrewulffs Magnum Opus why Arena is Great and Removing Ranks Was The Greatest Invention Since Sliced Bread.

Seriously, Arenas great success just proves Halo don't need no RANKS. RANKS. THIS IS RANKS YOU TALKING ABOUT RANKS. RANKS.

Also Fyrewulff you can block spawns with nades and shots. Just an FYI.

FyreWulff

Grenades don't block spawns according to Jonnyothan.

You can however LOS deweight spawns depending on what weapon you're holding. Like a sniper rifle. It's not the shots doing it.

FyreWulff

Whos JonnyOThan?

Is he the Bungie kid that got to rank 38?

One of the engineers at Bungie, real name Jon Cable, behind the push to implement Megalo (he answered a ton of questions about it here). He dumped a ton of info on the spawn system on us back close to launch.

The post he made was on his Forge World group on Bungie.net, which you can't use Bungie.net search to find posts on, so I'm not going to go find the post right now.

Falt

I've been staying away from this thread lately as to avoid any Anniversary secret stuffs (haven't picked it up yet, broke!) but this warranted a post.

Boom.
untitled1.jpg

59/59 and I'm done with the acheevables (available to me).

That 75g brought me up to 40000. Feelsgoodman.jpeg

Me too. For better or for worse.

Hopefully better, good god.
I'd love it if we got a TU2 but I just wouldn't hold my breath.

I'm not even holding my breath for a much needed playlist revamp. If I didn't follow all the playlist changes as much as I do, I'd have no idea what the fuck is going on. There's no reason that we should have 4 different variations of Reach in matchmaking (Vanilla, MLG, TU, Anniversary).

KevinRo

I'd love it if we got a TU2 but I just wouldn't hold my breath.

I'm not even holding my breath for a much needed playlist revamp. If I didn't follow all the playlist changes as much as I do, I'd have no idea what the fuck is going on. There's no reason that we should have 4 different variations of Reach in matchmaking (Vanilla, MLG, TU, Anniversary).

It's not the different playlists that are the problem. It's the dwindling population overall. Look at Modern Warfare. That game has 3 times as many playlists.

Like I said before, when user population dwindles common sense says consolidation. But, like I said before, this is Halo.

Putting this here.

Noooooooooooooo

I've been staying away from this thread lately as to avoid any Anniversary secret stuffs (haven't picked it up yet, broke!) but this warranted a post.

Boom.
untitled1.jpg

59/59 and I'm done with the acheevables (available to me).

That 75g brought me up to 40000. Feelsgoodman.jpeg

What playlist did you get stockpile on a defiant map? I don't think I've played stockpile since the release of the noble pack.

PooBone

Because the TU was done by such a small team, I fully expect a TU2 that fixes the Banshee.

Just flush Reach and get to work on a GOOD Halo game in Halo 4. All this effort to fix something that most people have said "fuck it" to just isn't worth it. Halo Anniversary campaign and those 4 maps in the classic playlist can hold me over.

Holland is pretty dull in the chocolate department, Robbert is gonna rebunk me of course :lol

Germany though, damn they got a huge collection of chocolates. I usually visit Germany only for the sweets.
I have some stores over here that sell some chocolade from the Gods. But we are more German/Belgian than Dutch, right? :p

I don't really want to know who's bright idea it was, but take the damn banshee off Breakneck. Until 343 decides to actually patch it, it is too overpowered to be on any map but Boneyard.

Teams have already figured out how to spawncamp with it on Breakneck :/

Couldn't agree more. It single-handedly breaks that map.

CyReN

I've been hearing a lot of buzz from MLG people trying to get a ranked playlist, is it even possible with Reach though?

Top Bottom