• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT7| What are They to Say Now?

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Holding out for a...Halo? ... 4... announcement... video... thingie

Somewhere after midnight
In my wildest fantasy
Somewhere just beyond Reach
There's someone reaching back for me
Frozen on the Dawn and rising with the heat
It's gonna take a Spartan II to sweep me off my feet

senador

Banned
Speaking of Halo honor the next time anyone gets together a group to finish getting the achievements let me know. Now that i Have a headset again it should be a lot easier.

I keep missing them since I don't pay attention to this thread as much I used to. I'd be down as well if I see that people are doing them in time.

Just finished Halo Glasslands, reading through the impressions posted earlier in the thread but as far as my impressions go, it was an incredibly well written book, I was hooked. However it fell totally flat in the last act.
Did it really just end without any resolution? Am I missing half the book or is this the Halo novel equivalent of Halo 2?

At least with Halo 2 I was immersed in the story, here it felt like I was yanked out just as it was getting on its own two feet. It was a very good set up for the next book in the series I suppose.

My biggest problem is, that it feels as though the entire novel was just a massive set up to the next novel. In itself that wouldn't be a problem but it feels like Karen Traviss just used this novel to position the pieces. In doing so she changed the nature of them and killed off a very interesting lead up. The Dyson sphere was pretty mundane and it felt like Traviss just wanted to get Halsey et al out of there and into position for how she wants to use the characters, instead of explore this exciting new world.

It was an amazing book and I loved all the backhanded deals and secretive Oni stuff, but I feel extremely let down with how Nylunds build up and characterisations have been shattered.

I want to go back and read through the Data Drops and noticed the links in the OP dont lead to them now because of the redesign. I cant seem to find working links on the Waypoint site itself either.

I saw in the news you're doing pretty good without one :/

Decently enough, but we need a government budget soon. Europe's breathing down our necks and our politicians just decide to pull the plug instead of getting shit done. Our elections were almost a year and a half ago, for fucks sake.

wwm0nkey

wut?

P.S: How's that Invasion: Breakneck going Fyre?

My new TV has a 2D to 3D mode and it basically adds tessellation to the game, was on headlong and it looks like all tire marks are actually in the ground, rocks pop out and explosion marks make it look like you just created a 2 foot crater in the ground.

The basic phases are prototyped out, now I'm fine tuning the positions of the objects. Then I'll build out the vehicles/weapons on the map.

Looking forward to seeing the final result.

My new TV has a 2D to 3D mode and it basically adds tessellation to the game, was on headlong and it looks like all tire marks are actually in the ground, rocks pop out and explosion marks make it look like you just created a 2 foot crater in the ground.

Well that sounds fucking awesome.

blamite

Gametrailers posted a countdown of Top 10 Halo Weapons. Well... thats an odd video to release.
BR too low. Too many melee/CQC weapons. But most importantly..

Where the hell is the Needler!? That thing is hands-down the most unique weapon in Halo's sandbox, super underrated yet super deadly, any by far the most unusual Covenant weapon so far. Plus it was dual-wieldable in Halo 2, and that's just too badass.

2gE1T.png

BR too low. Too many melee/CQC weapons. But most importantly..

Where the hell is the Needler!? That thing is hands-down the most unique weapon in Halo's sandbox, super underrated yet super deadly, any by far the most unusual Covenant weapon so far. Plus it was dual-wieldable in Halo 2, and that's just too badass.

http://i.imgur.com/2gE1T.png[/IM][/QUOTE]
Maybe badass but entirely useless in multiplayer (though better in campaign). Many a HaloGAFfer have been at the wrong end of my Needler in Halo 3 customs.

I think Pink Mist was the first achievement I got in Halo 3.

lol @ Devo. You and Timedog should make a Sex scene with Grenadez. It'd be my ringtone.

The only true crime of that gametrailers list was melee at number one, or being on the list in general.

Spoilertag that shit. :p
No, you don't need to, but you spoiled the whole video I didn't want to watch. :D

cory021

Neo Member
What HaloGaf's opinion on the Anniversary maps/playlists? I haven't bought it, but I'm curious what the general impression is.

Blinding

What HaloGaf's opinion on the Anniversary maps/playlists? I haven't bought it, but I'm curious what the general impression is.

The maps are beautiful. Some of the playlist gametypes need some tweaks (mostly jump height in Classic,) but they've provided pretty much the most fun I've had playing Reach ever.

I can't believe I enjoyed some of these maps back when Halo: CE was out.

Damnation and Prisoner are TRASH. Penance makes some nice improvements, but it still feels pretty clumsy as far as map flow.

Hang'em High, Beaver Creek, and Headlong all hold up well though.

Havok

Damnation and Prisoner are TRASH. Penance makes some nice improvements, but it still feels pretty clumsy as far as map flow.

I think Damnation still works as a One Flag map (Anniversary One Bomb makes the carriers stupidly slow which pretty much breaks everything). It doesn't hold up for Slayer, though.

I've hated both versions of Prisoner on the few games I've played on them.

Striker

Hang 'em High got fixed in Halo 2, but they brought back the CE version. Neither HeH or Prisoner are very good for your typical Halo online.

There was never, ever anything wrong with Beaver Creek or Headlong anyways. So the only way to mess those up way to change something around drastically.

Hey You

I'm really liking Ridgeline/Timberland and Headlong/Breakneck for BTB. Hang Em High, how does anyone like that map?

Prisoner is sorta a meh for me. Don't really hate it, but not a fan of it either.

Beaver Creek and Damnation can have their fun times, I enjoy them.

Kuroyume

Banned
I haven't played much of the new maps but I definitely didn't like what little I played of Hang em high. Didn't like the H2 version. Didn't like the forge version in classic. It feels too open. Yeah there are random structures on the ground for cover but not sure what good it does if the bases are up top and people are either camping there or spawning there. I don't understand why people like it.

I like Hang'em High for modes like Crazy King and other modes that force players to stop camping in the high corners.

And sometimes if you have two evenly matched teams pushing back and forth, flanking each other out of cover and off the open platforms.

But often, if you lock down the top level, it's usually domination.

I think Damnation still works as a One Flag map (Anniversary One Bomb makes the carriers stupidly slow which pretty much breaks everything). It doesn't hold up for Slayer, though.

I've hated both versions of Prisoner on the few games I've played on them.

Interesting. Is 1-flag on Penance even in the playlist rotation? Or is that something for private matches?

heckfu

Banned
I haven't played much of the new maps but I definitely didn't like what little I played of Hang em high. Didn't like the H2 version. Didn't like the forge version in classic. It feels too open. Yeah there are random structures on the ground for cover but not sure what good it does if the bases are up top and people are either camping there or spawning there. I don't understand why people like it.

you don't seem to care for a lot of things.

Top Bottom