• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT7| What are They to Say Now?

Those buttons are cosmetic. Don't do shit.

Dong on kids at our "SKILL LEVEL" more often than when its not checked.
Lag just as hard when you choose GOOD CONNECTION.

Buttons got no code behind them.

RANKS FOREVER BITCHES. SOCIAL IS JUST PRACTICE. PRACTICE. TALKING ABOUT PRACTICE.

RANKS FOREVER BITCHES. SOCIAL IS JUST PRACTICE. PRACTICE. TALKING ABOUT PRACTICE.

Wasn't talking about those options, but the back end matchmaking searching priorities.

I'm sure the skill level option does something in Reach, but it doesn't change the lack of party restrictions in almost every playlist, which is huge. Even if players skill levels are similar, individuals vs. a fully party is going to be a massacre most of the time.

FyreWulff

That's because they're preferences, not hard requirements.

Personally I think Connection should become a hard requirement in Halo 4 if you turn it on.

Wasn't talking about those options, but the back end matchmaking searching priorities.

I'm sure the skill level option does something in Reach, but it doesn't change the lack of party restrictions in almost every playlist, which is huge. Even if players skill levels are similar, individuals vs. a fully party is going to be a massacre most of the time.

The way I understand it, turning on Close Skill makes the system try to get you into a session of people close to your skill slightly over the party with better latency or DLC.

Don't give a shit one way or the other about ranks.

If people get jacked up for that stuff, then put it back in, doesn't bother me.

I haven't found the skill-matching in Reach to be significantly better or worse than Halo 3, but the netcode is a million times better.

Don't give a shit one way or the other about ranks.

If people get jacked up for that stuff, then put it back in, doesn't bother me.

I haven't found the skill-matching in Reach to be significantly better or worse than Halo 3, but the netcode is a million times better.

Yea but you do notice that Halo is the lowest its ever been on XBox Live charts right?

Not exactly a good thing.

The longterm interest just isn't there anymore without ranks.

Personally I think its because Shishka isn't in charge of the playlists anymore, but thats just a theory I'm working on.

3864b5eb.jpg

Randomly took a look at my Reputation stats today and I'm surprised that I have 5% in trash talking.
Legit :lol.

My new TV has a 2D to 3D mode and it basically adds tessellation to the game, was on headlong and it looks like all tire marks are actually in the ground, rocks pop out and explosion marks make it look like you just created a 2 foot crater in the ground.

I'm jelly.

Just curious, is your new TV the LG Cinema 3D?

Trasher

Yea but you do notice that Halo is the lowest its ever been on XBox Live charts right?

Personally I think its because Shishka isn't in charge of the playlists anymore, but thats just a theory I'm working on.

I wouldn't blame that on the ranking system...lol.

Magni

Just got Anniversary in the mail yesterday, finally! I had some friends over last night so I didn't send any invites or anything, but now whenever I'm on, I'm available for anything
except Infection, FUCK THAT SHIT
:)

Meh, ebb and flow of the marketplace.

Halo was on top of the Xbox Live charts when there was basically no legitimate competition in the online FPS space, outside of the Tom Clancy games which are more niche.

Call of Duty comes along, and has replaced Halo as the most accessible FPS shooter on the market. And once the snowball starts rolling, you have people playing it because it's what everybody else is playing.

Halo is less popular because it hasn't catered to the lowest common denominator. It's still a game that takes some understanding, experience and skill to be successful at. It's not Nascar with guns, where people just run circular routes through maps in the 'first see, first shoot' competition with crappy spawns, no map control, and everything else that makes players think. :p

I need you Gaf:

I need some fun gametypes for a big Halo LAN I'm going to tonight. Race maps, jump rope, something fun.

Many thanks to those who can point me in the direction of such gametypes/maps.

I need you Gaf:

I need some fun gametypes for a big Halo LAN I'm going to tonight. Race maps, jump rope, something fun.

Many thanks to those who can point me in the direction of such gametypes/maps.

I'll be on later about 10 tonight, I'll show you some gametypes...and more!

MrBig

Anyone know of succinct (or otherwise) summaries of Glasslands and Cryptum?
Don't have time to read them but I would like to generally know what 343 is doing with the fiction

You're right, i shall look now.

Have a good time hydra, Zalin too.

P.s. take a copy of carcassone, you farm stealing bastard.

Thank you so much! In all my excitement for the LAN, I forgot today was Thursday :p The LAN is tomorrow night, but my time to get the maps themselves is short you see.

Also, that HBO LAN sounds intriguing...

PooBone

So how do you do the "look out for the little guy" achievement without using a second controller? I've got every achievement legit but this one I just don't see how I'm even gonna get past those first couple checkpoints.

So how do you do the "look out for the little guy" achievement without using a second controller? I've got every achievement legit but this one I just don't see how I'm even gonna get past those first couple checkpoints.

Run like hell and trail and error you can do pretty much the whole level without shooting a thing if you time all your dashes to cover correctly

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
lol

Seriously, glad I didn't waste another $150 on that trash.

Got Legendary for 50 a few months back. I liked it!

In other news, messed up a pair of headphones playing anniversary multiplayer because my head started bleeding. Really wish I wasn't in Canada right about now, seeing as how its already snowing and I won't be able to walk properly for 4 months, putting my rehab right into dangerous black ice season. Ugggghhh.

feel

Guardian Team ARs, we're losing bad from the getgo so two guys quit. So it's just me and an AFKer receiving a massive beating and getting teabagged. As usual I keep playing normally trying to get some kills. We're down by like 20points but the AFKer comes back and one guy from the other team goes AFK assuming the victory is in the bag, we feed off the confidence of the 3 guys and pull of a sick comeback to win it 50-49. Feels good.

TheOddOne

Guardian Team ARs, we're losing bad from the getgo so two guys quit. So it's just me and an AFKer receiving a massive beating and getting teabagged. As usual I keep playing normally trying to get some kills. We're down by like 20points but the AFKer comes back and one guy from the other team goes AFK assuming the victory is in the bag, we feed off the confidence of the 3 guys and pull of a sick comeback to win it 50-49. Feels good.
I really love those moments, expecially when the other party get careless because they think they are gonna win. Then from nowhere, me with the rocketlauncher. Payback time.

Top Bottom