• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT7| What are They to Say Now?

Karl2177

Can't wait to see flag launches with the doll on Timberlands and High Noon :lol

Also

BE341DA7-EE2B-40C8-BE8E-129F163B11D2.png

I've gone celestial!

Haven't you completed a shit ton of challenges since the game came out? How are you only now hitting the moons?

Kuroyume

Banned
now i never said your way of thinking was wrong or that you didn't have the right to an opinion, all i said was that you dont seem to care for a lot of things.

silly.

Oh, don't take it the wrong way. I guess the tone of the post came off as a bit sharp but it was more of a tongue in cheek thing.

FyreWulff

Haven't you completed a shit ton of challenges since the game came out? How are you only now hitting the moons?

Weeklies aren't really that good for leveling up. Most of the high rankers play or played a ton of Firefight, which is one of those things I used to do a lot but haven't been able to have time to do recently.

There was also a couple months during the summer where I was so sick, i played the minimum of Reach to complete the Weeklies to keep my streak going and then just crawled back into my bed and slept for 4 days.

edit: Also, First Strike?

GECK

Anyone want to run some classic/squad?

Damnation and Prisoner are TRASH. Penance makes some nice improvements, but it still feels pretty clumsy as far as map flow.

Prisoner could be decent with some forging. Throw in some jumping blocks on the base floor to give alternate routes to the 2nd level and I think it would play ok.

Karl2177

Weeklies aren't really that good for leveling up. Most of the high rankers play or played a ton of Firefight, which is one of those things I used to do a lot but haven't been able to have time to do recently.

There was also a couple months during the summer where I was so sick, i played the minimum of Reach to complete the Weeklies to keep my streak going and then just crawled back into my bed and slept for 4 days.

Ahhh. I must have thought of someone else doing all of the challenges, not just the weeklies.

blamite

Sorry for the double post, but there's new stuff in the Bungie Store for Black Friday. That beanie looks good, as well as that mug.

Not too interested in anything from the Bungie collection, but that Destiny stuff is quite nice... And We don't even know what it's about yet! I like how that log is being stealthily rolled out before a geme is even announced, just like Aerospace. Hopefully this reveal is a little more exciting though.

Also, the Halo Bulletin is (finally) up. Nothing new today. December playlist update detailed next week.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Bloom is gone for MLG finally, hoping for a ranking system now.

You're talking to the wrong guy, I love bloom lol. But nah, I'm cool with no bloom too now. So it's all good. Have you heard of this goldpro shit that's come out? It's like MLG settings but 4 shot DMR, no bloom, 120% run speed and no sprint. 4 shot DMR sucks balls. That shit cannot stick. Apparently it's quite popular though. I'm glad MLG isn't doing that shit with the new settings entering the playlist next week.

You're talking to the wrong guy, I love bloom lol. But nah, I'm cool with no bloom too now. So it's all good. Have you heard of this goldpro shit that's come out? It's like MLG settings but 4 shot DMR, no bloom, 120% run speed and no sprint. 4 shot DMR sucks balls. That shit cannot stick. Apparently it's quite popular though. I'm glad MLG isn't doing that shit with the new settings entering the playlist next week.
Goldpro? lmao, what a terrible name.

CyReN

Yea I saw it on the forums. Killa KC and Anakin got the final word so I have no idea if they are even looking at it, from the looks of it I can see them being the settings in 2012. For sure bloom is gone for next year, hope they add the some of the new maps and possibly remove bloom. That's just me though.

Either way we seriously need a ranking system.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Yea I saw it on the forums. Killa KC and Anakin got the final word so I have no idea if they are even looking at it, from the looks of it I can see them being the settings in 2012. For sure bloom is gone for next year, hope they add the some of the new maps and possibly remove bloom. That's just me though.

Either way we seriously need a ranking system.
Ranking system definitely is in need but I don't know if we'll get what we want until Halo 4. Also, praying for Beaver Creek for next year and maybe even Slayer on Hang em' High. Would love those to replace Oasis and Nexus.

Blinding

Ranking system definitely is in need but I don't know if we'll get what we want until Halo 4. Also, praying for Beaver Creek for next year and maybe even Slayer on Hang em' High. Would love those to replace Oasis and Nexus.

KC said he was going to try to get CEA maps into the playlist rotation.

Kuroyume

Banned
If ranks returm to Halo with 4 then they should stick to one playlist be it MLG or wahatever the way it's done in Halo 4. If people want numbers give it to them but don't make it universal. Yeah the quality of the gameplay has gone down the shitter since you're now put in teams with terrible/clueless/new players, but matchmaking is so much quicker now even with the smaller poulations. I can't go back to those long ass matchmaking wait times. No way. It was one of the worst things about Halo 3.

CyReN

I really don't know how Bungie regressed from a pretty good system they had going from H2/H3. The non rank thing killed Reach for a lot of people, it isn't about the number, people want to play with people around their skills level. Constantly getting matched up with online melting pot of different skill sets as a default system is irritating to say the least. I have no issues with keeping stuff unranked and what not but there's no reason to remove rank. At least trying something with Arena style ranking to the MLG playlist.

FyreWulff

I really don't know how Bungie regressed from a pretty good system they had going from H2/H3. The non rank thing killed Reach for a lot of people, it isn't about the number, people want to play with people around their skills level. Constantly getting matched up with online melting pot of different skill sets as a default system is irritating to say the least. I have no issues with keeping stuff unranked and what not but there's no reason to remove rank. At least trying something with Arena style ranking to the MLG playlist.

Both Halo 3 and Reach are using the same Trueskill matching system (and in all playlists). It just depends on how strict the skill matching is set per playlist.

In the last playlist update, 343 narrowed the skill range some playlists will allow you to match with but did not name which ones. Arena already used/uses the strictest skill matching setting, but cranking the strictness up also increases search times significantly. I believe Arena is even more strict than ranked Halo 3 was.

Well playing people around your skill level and correct party matching are just matchmaking search filters, really doesn't have anything to do with they're being a number next to your name or not.

Bungie made a conscious design decision to prioritize getting matches as fast as possible in Reach at the sacrifice of strict skill and party size matching. Although, I wish that the party restrictions and stricter skill matching were in place (343 has put them back in place in some cases, for instance in the Anniversary classic playlist individuals will not match against full parties), it is nice that you can always get into a match in Reach regardless of the playlist's population.

Although I don't really see the point of numbered 'ranked' playlists in Halo 4, I do think that there should be significantly stricter skill matching and party restrictions than in Reach.

Top Bottom