• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT7| What are They to Say Now?

Meh, ebb and flow of the marketplace.

Halo was on top of the Xbox Live charts when there was basically no legitimate competition in the online FPS space, outside of the Tom Clancy games which are more niche.

Call of Duty comes along, and has replaced Halo as the most accessible FPS shooter on the market. And once the snowball starts rolling, you have people playing it because it's what everybody else is playing.

Halo is less popular because it hasn't catered to the lowest common denominator. It's still a game that takes some understanding, experience and skill to be successful at. It's not Nascar with guns, where people just run circular routes through maps in the 'first see, first shoot' competition with crappy spawns, no map control, and everything else that makes players think. :p

Hmm, I dont know if I buy that, Halo 3 managed to hold its number one spot against CoD4, World at War and jostled with Modern Warfare 2. Reach came out and MW2 took the top spot back. I would argue that Halo 3 was also a harder game than Reach.

All in all im not sure if that argument applies, I think its the other way round. As much as the mass market loves an easy game. The guys that stick with a game and dont move on to the next big release want something that they can find a challenge in.

There is a HBO UK LAN happening in the spring/summer, interested?

I'll send you a PM.

ooh im interested, where is it happening?

Also happy thanksgiving!

Guardian Team ARs, we're losing bad from the getgo so two guys quit. So it's just me and an AFKer receiving a massive beating and getting teabagged. As usual I keep playing normally trying to get some kills. We're down by like 20points but the AFKer comes back and one guy from the other team goes AFK assuming the victory is in the bag, we feed off the confidence of the 3 guys and pull of a sick comeback to win it 50-49. Feels good.

Team ARs. Can't feel good.

:p

Guardian Team ARs, we're losing bad from the getgo so two guys quit. So it's just me and an AFKer receiving a massive beating and getting teabagged. As usual I keep playing normally trying to get some kills. We're down by like 20points but the AFKer comes back and one guy from the other team goes AFK assuming the victory is in the bag, we feed off the confidence of the 3 guys and pull of a sick comeback to win it 50-49. Feels good.

Quitters, Idlers, AR starts.

Sounds like definitive Halo to me!

Got Legendary for 50 a few months back. I liked it!

In other news, messed up a pair of headphones playing anniversary multiplayer because my head started bleeding. Really wish I wasn't in Canada right about now, seeing as how its already snowing and I won't be able to walk properly for 4 months, putting my rehab right into dangerous black ice season. Ugggghhh.

what

Yes thanks for celebrating early you fucks. Now I have to work because I'm involved in with your American-Canadian bullshit.

Why do we even let you be a country!?

erpg

GAF parliamentarian

Ha, not because of the game itself or frustrations about jetpacks on Prisoner. Hit by a car, and my head is stitched up (among numerous other injuries). Head wounds bleed a lot but I figured more than a week later I'd be okay to try out the new maps with proper sound (been using small speakers since I game on a monitor). Guess not!

Ear cushions are all brown with dried blood and smell like rust. Delicious.

FyreWulff

I'm in suspense today. First big dish I've contributed to the dinner. I bought two pork roasts and rubbed Frank's Hot Sauce and Dorothy Lynch on them, then layed the tops with jalapenos.

They're just finishing their 10 hour slow cook in my crock pot right now, and smell delicious. I hope they turn out

Greetings, HaloGAF!

I just picked up a 3 month XBLive Gold sub off of bestbuy last night and so I'm back in the multiplayer game again. I decided I'd give Halo et al. a try and see if I could hook up for some HaloGAF good times. I have Reach and the map packs for it. Are most people already fully playing all the Anniversary maps? Do I need to find some way to get Anniversary to be with the cool kids now?

Also, I'm not very good with the twitch aspect of online first person shooters. I can get to an intermediate level with a lot of practice, but I excel more with the metagame and strategy. At least that's how I rolled with my friends back in Halo 2.

Let me know what I need to be in the cool kids club and what kind of game modes HaloGAF plays so I can get versed in them. Cheers!

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!

Wouldn't be an American holiday if I didn't go into the woods and fire off a few celebratory rounds.

w1M9T.jpg

Walther PP. 85% bloom.

kylej

Banned
Family getting to be too much. Resorted to pulling out the iPad and getting on GAF.

what have i become?!

I left the table an hour ago to listen to music and work on a paper. An hour or two of family once a year is good enough for me.

Indeed.

Speaking of things feeling good, or not, I feel down a staircase this morning.

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!

That feel...

HaloGAF are a haphazard bunch, especially around cars it seems!

OT: Hoping for 85% bloom to become the vanilla standard for the December update; some level of homogeneity is important to Halo and as it stands there are what, four different variants of bloom now? 85% is better anyway (though I prefer no-bleed, for headshots at least).

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
My niece is sick with a fever and I asked my sister to take my temperature. Wtf its below
97 degrees lol.

Youarealreadydead.jpg

GhaleonEB

I'm thankful for the 9,200 cR in Firefight Challenges that could be knocked off in one game. 17k cR for one game is always satisfying.

Gobble gobble.

That feel...

HaloGAF are a haphazard bunch, especially around cars it seems!

OT: Hoping for 85% bloom to become the vanilla standard for the December update; some level of homogeneity is important to Halo and as it stands there are what, four different variants of bloom now? 85% is better anyway (though I prefer no-bleed, for headshots at least).

Yeah normally, I'm not accident prone at all, but I just went down coming down the stairs this morning.

My niece is sick with a fever and I asked my sister to take my temperature. Wtf its below
97 degrees lol.

Youarealreadydead.jpg

Whoa, U a wizard bro?

Note to GAF: If you have a Microsoft store nearby and don't have CEA, it is going to be $15 tomorrow. Some of the stores open at midnight tonight.

Top Bottom