• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT7| What are They to Say Now?

Magni

So... was there ever an answer as to why we're all holding ARs now on Waypoint?

I've done 45% of my kills with a DMR, compared to 2% with the AR (I've done more kills with both the pro pipe and the rocket launcher than with the AR), so it's clearly not that.

wwm0nkey

Be honest: You are hoping it too. Don't lie to me. If you can't be honest, I'm still hoping. On the other hand I'm ready to get disappointed. I'm still hoping I'll get a 343i hoodie sometime, but I'll never get one, even if I pay $3,000 for it.

I just want to see something soonish. I've given up on the VGAs though. I think sometime in the next 2 months 343 HAS to show something. The community seems to be getting to a boiling point of wanting new info.

I've done 45% of my kills with a DMR, compared to 2% with the AR (I've done more kills with both the pro pipe and the rocket launcher than with the AR), so it's clearly not that.

If I had the option, my Spartan would be holding a Needler in one hand, an AR in the other, and the pro-pipe would be my head.

Boom. Ultimate Spartan.

Someone post that Dreamcrusher medal.

I think I know where to find that pic.

http://halogaf.com/pics

Oh, look. You can even hotlink it:

dream_crusher.png

The goal is to have all of the normal HaloGAF pics and gifs at an easily found (and linkable) location. :)

FyreWulff

Bungie.net and Halo Waypoint render the spartans in composited layers. The image generator generates the body first, then the legs on top of that, then the knees on top of the legs, then generates the biceps, then the weapon layer with the forearms above the weapon, then the head above the body.

It seems that 343 has decided that their compositor is going to use the AR for the weapon layer.

FyreWulff

Huh. Strange. It looks like whenever 343 rebuilt the compositing system for their own site, they used a lower LOD version of the model. That's.. strange.

ErotD.gif

The effect comes across as everyone having a Male chest..

FyreWulff

Errr canon.. all Spartan females had very masculine chests... uh.. Halsey threatened by big boobs.. mistakes were made.

It's just weird that their compositing layers have lower LOD. Did someone pull the wrong assets?

Then again, if you look at Gameviewer pages on Bungie.net of Standoff, it's some weird old N64 beta version of Standoff that's missing tons of detail.

Louis Wu

now, hows about some HBO stats? :D
Heh - we don't keep stuff like that (how long someone's been visiting the site) - you can figure out when your first post was, but not when you started lurking. ;)

awesome.
Can you add this? Made it a while ago and I can't rehost anything here at work.

edit: dammit, forgot tinypic is banned now. i'll rehost it later.
It's here.

By the way, for anyone who is having trouble reading the Bulletin on Waypoint, I put up a local copy about an hour ago - and reduced the inline images so that there's less than a meg, total, when you load the page (vs 15 mb on Waypoint). The large versions are unchanged. (I'd guess the Waypoint version will be adjusted at some point, but for now, it's faster at HBO.)

Heh - we don't keep stuff like that (how long someone's been visiting the site) - you can figure out when your first post was, but not when you started lurking. ;)

It's here.

By the way, for anyone who is having trouble reading the Bulletin on Waypoint, I put up a local copy about an hour ago - and reduced the inline images so that there's less than a meg, total, when you load the page (vs 15 mb on Waypoint). The large versions are unchanged. (I'd guess the Waypoint version will be adjusted at some point, but for now, it's faster at HBO.)
Thank you, good sir. :)

Is Installation 04 in the Score Attack playlist? I got through 8 votes and there was no DLC map. Don't tell me 343i took them out. :/
It's available in Doubles, too. Voting is weird in Firefight; too many times the same map will come up more than once.

edit: We need a Halo artbook from Ken

Thank you, good sir. :)

It's available in Doubles, too. Voting is weird in Firefight; too many times the same map will come up more than once.

edit: We need a Halo artbook from Ken
Played it. Unfortunately 343i deactivated the AI, so I couldn't drive around with the Warthog. :( Still a freaking good map.

feel

Gimme!

So apparently there is a new Halo 4 trailer that is floating around Microsoft right now.

Link

Translated:
"Ive seen the best video of Halo, Im still impressed. Halo 4 will break many molds. Too bad that is confidential:/ brutal."
:O :O

There is no trailer. Yes we do produce internal videos for review purposes (it's a common practice), but they're not nearly polished enough for public consumption. Not exactly sure what this person is referring to on their twitter account.
:( :(

Just don't want folks to get their hopes up prematurely.

The game does look amazing though. :)
:)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v228/NobodyHome/8601dbc6.png[IMG][/QUOTE]
so good

I think I may make this my avatar. Dibs?
I think Dax should have first refusal. edit: there you go.

Played it. Unfortunately 343i deactivated the AI, so I couldn't drive around with the Warthog. :( Still a freaking good map.
I think it's disabled for Score Attack, but they're there for everything else. And if you, uh, accidentally kill them, you lose points as a betrayal. It's awesome.

Just read the article from Forward Unto Dawn - Rock, Metal and Time.

Sooo good.

However, I just can't sink my teeth into buying into the Precursor - Gravemind link. Seems too... typical... I guess. It seems to me like a *poof* of a realization than an OMGWTF (timandericmindexposion.gif) that I would have invested years of my life into discovering. While some of the facts are there that lead to this possibly happening, I would more like the idea of the Flood, Forerunners and Humanity as the 3 amazing creations of the Precursors, bound by fate to an inevitable apocalyptic war.

Though... that's a bit like Starcraft now that I think about it...

I would've taken it as an avatar, but Sophie is me. Can't do it. Go ahead.

Hah I figured - which is why I asked :D

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Just read the article from Forward Unto Dawn - Rock, Metal and Time.

Sooo good.

However, I just can't sink my teeth into buying into the Precursor - Gravemind link. Seems too... typical... I guess. It seems to me like a *poof* of a realization than an OMGWTF (timandericmindexposion.gif) that I would have invested years of my life into discovering. While some of the facts are there that lead to this possibly happening, I would more like the idea of the Flood, Forerunners and Humanity as the 3 amazing creations of the Precursors, bound by fate to an inevitable apocalyptic war.

Though... that's a bit like Starcraft now that I think about it...

I've discussed the article at length with Issac, the writer, and I'm in the camp of it's too obvious it has to be a red herring. I do think though that he's put all the evidence out there and it's pretty convincing.

Primordium hopefully will give us more answers soon.

Top Bottom