• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT7| What are They to Say Now?

Kuroyume

Banned
You're the oldest regular in the HaloGAF crowd, as measured by registration date on NeoGAF.

Oh yeah, that's interesting. I am the official founder of HaloGAF.

wSVeP.gif

It is an honor.

I've actually been around longer. Late '01/Early '02 is when I recall actually posting regularly. I think there wasn't even an off topic when I first came here... Lol. Anyway, yeah this place is alot of fun and I do actually like Halo even though I hate a lot about it.

Okay, I've been working on this for a few weeks. I was hoping to get some kind of feedback or approval but nobody ever answered my PMs and I'm impatient.

Here you go:

The post I made on the front page should explain what the site is and (more importantly) what it isn't.

Pretty cool, thanks for archiving the old threads. Might play page roulette on the official Halo 2 thread to see if any lols turn up.

daedalius

Are you a very recently approved member of neogaf?
Maybe, few months before Anniv. was lurking for a while before my account was approved. My gamertag is Daedalius on xbl and you should add me to the halogaf.com list :)

What country are you posting from and what’s your current age.
US, 29, 30 in feb

At what age did you get into Halo and with which game.
Halo CE for PC when it came out, not sure how old I was

For how long have you been reading HaloGAF?
I think like late last year?

What’s your absolute favorite Halo campaign? And your favorite multiplayer? (you’re not allowed to pick Halo: Combat Evolved for any of the two)
I need to play them all again before making this call, I enjoy the play-spaces and visuals of 3 the most probably
Multiplayer is probably post-TU Reach, with H2 about equal with that

Highest Halo 3 level and which playlist.
I think I got to like 35 in ranked team slayer shortly before Reach came out, kinda miss being ranked, would like to see it again

AR or BR?
BR by many miles, except when I first started Halo 2 and thought it was bullshit ;)

Absolute favorite multiplayer map from Combat Evolved, Halo 2 and 3 (just one from each).
Don't really have one for CE, didn't play any multiplayer since I only had it on PC.
2 would probably be headlong or terminal, always liked to see those in BTB.
3 probably valhalla, have a lot of fond memories on there; really liked avalanche too

Least hated Reach mp map.(excluding Anniversary pack)
Ugh, don't even know. Not very fond of many of the non-anniv maps at all. I kinda like powerhouse.

Do you prefer BTB or MLG? (pre-Reach era)
I'm more of a BTB guy, but I could get into MLG if I had some friends to play it with

Competitive multiplayer or Firefight?
Definitely more fond of competitive, but firefight is fun

Games completed on solo Legendary.
All of them

Are you EazyB? Mike DongBlain?
Wat?

What are some of your favorite Campaign missions.
The Ark and the Covenant, and probably the Storm close behind those. Really liked some of the exploration you could do in CE as well after CEA came out.

Favorite Reach playlists.
Currently Anniversary BTB

Size of frankie erotica folder (in megabytes).
Hmm...

Opinion on reticule bloom.
Horrible, make it go away. I want the H2 BR back for H4.

Opinion on Armor Abilities and the one you usually end up picking.
Not really a fan, at least you sort of had to fight over equipment (although there was still too much, and some of them were bs); sprint because its the least offensive, evade if I want to troll

Why are you a Halo fan?
Artistically I really enjoy the Halo style, that is probably my biggest draw personally, I also enjoy the fiction and universe.

Favorite Halogaffer, and least favorite (besides Dax). (optional)
Ghaleon makes great blog posts, Dani has an amazing gallery that is always open in my tabs; I also watch Tashi's stream occasionally

Now feel free to introduce yourself and/or share anything you want so we get to know you better, some of us would enjoy reading it. (optional)
I love art and games, you can check out my art at galefire.com, you can't check out my gaming because I'm not good enough to stream (even though I've been playing shooters since Doom, way too much Quake3 as well)
My wife and I are planning on moving to Austin sometime in the slightly near future (like, next year-ish) and I plan to try my damnest to get a jerb at Certain Affinity or Vigil (or hell, any of the other 50+ studios down there ;))

Tawpgun

I'd say get the members page up and running on HaloGAF.com first thing.

EDIT: Wait, question, is there an official HaloGAF XBL silver account?

GhaleonEB

We three and early-four digit GAF members IDs were probably on NeoGAF back when it was just GAF. I joined when it was still attached to Gaming-Age back in 2000. Proto-NeoGAF, as it was. We signed back up to NeoGAF the day it came back, after the great cataclysm of 2004 that birthed NeoGAF.

The day Ram, Op_Ivy and I joined was the first day the site was up. Grizzled ancients, indeed.

heckfu

Banned
I've actually been around longer. Late '01/Early '02 is when I recall actually posting regularly. I think there wasn't even an off topic when I first came here... Lol. Anyway, yeah this place is alot of fun and I do actually like Halo even though I hate a lot about it.

you're telling me that I'm going to be addicted for at least 10 years.

helpme.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
We three and early-four digit GAF members IDs were probably on NeoGAF back when it was just GAF. I joined when it was still attached to Gaming-Age back in 2000. Proto-NeoGAF, as it was. We signed back up to NeoGAF the day it came back, after the great cataclysm of 2004 that birthed NeoGAF.

So I guess this settles the debate of best year of gaming. 2004. NeoGAF tips it

FyreWulff

Requoting this

Time is of the essence. If anyone has variants of

Prisoner
Damnation
Headlong
Condemned
Hang Em High

designed for Infection, please PM or email me at mkidder@gmail.com with a link to the map. By the end of this weekend would be great. Thanks.

Because we either need variants of these maps or we have to construct them ourselves. I'd really prefer if we could get community variants over CC-made variants, though. Deadline is Saturday at noon CST for submissions I'll consider.

My gamertag is Daedalius on xbl and you should add me to the halogaf.com list :)
You were already on there. :)

I'd say get the members page up and running on HaloGAF.com first thing.

EDIT: Wait, question, is there an official HaloGAF XBL silver account?

I think there was, long ago. Not sure who's in control of it now or if it's been updated.

And what do you mean exactly by "get the members page up and running"?

Editing access? Bios?
??

Whoever it was on here that pointed out this face, I hate you.

You've ruined Cryo Bumping for me, all I see the entire time is this face staring at me. lol

JMC7A.jpg

You were already on there. :)

I think there was, long ago. Not sure who's in control of it now or if it's been updated.

And what do you mean exactly by "get the members page up and running"?

Editing access? Bios?
??

I also noticed I am not on there - my GT is Major WiIIiams. Thanks for doing this buddy!

Yes, so if you have any let me know.

:p I'll add that one when I get home.

If anyone else wants to post one, do so and I'll add yours as well. I think it will work best if each person only gets one (which you can replace with a better pic if you want). That way the Mugshots page doesn't overflow with 37 pics of Sai-Kun. We can make a separate page for that.

Nutter

The day Ram, Op_Ivy and I joined was the first day the site was up. Grizzled ancients, indeed.

I was day 1 as well, but those numbers shot up fast as the registering process went on. Hell I have been on GAF since the Dreamcast launch.

TheOddOne

I expierences the weirdest match earlier, 5 people where in the opposing team in Team Slayer (I'm not even kidding). Usually they worked in groups, nothing wrong with that, but when you kill one of them they spawn right next to their mates. It fucking annoyed the hell out of me. Their was always somebody popping out of nowhere, using camo and armourlock, fuck is this shit?

Unrelated, ViewtifulJC that last match we played my shots barely registerd. I had 3/4 of my shield, my opponents shield was down and I still got killed. Thanks lag.

Trasher

I was day 1 as well, but those numbers shot up fast as the registering process went on. Hell I have been on GAF since the Dreamcast launch.

The good ole days.

Err you have me beat by five days! lol

Crazy to think I was just about to enter my senior year of high school when I joined GAF. I'm starting to feel Wu old. :(

Got space for a Halo Landscape and Vista's section? Ill host them images elsewhere and keep backups on my pc but just a dedicated location for Landscapes and such would be nice, iv been taking some larger shots of the new reach maps but i plan to go back threw halo 3 and reach taking shots of all the locations and skyboxes ect and it would be great to have a dedicated area for them.

Havok

Got space for a Halo Landscape and Vista's section? Ill host them images elsewhere and keep backups on my pc but just a dedicated location for Landscapes and such would be nice, iv been taking some larger shots of the new reach maps but i plan to go back threw halo 3 and reach taking shots of all the locations and skyboxes ect and it would be great to have a dedicated area for them.
I'd see if Blue Ninja would take contributions for his already-excellent Views from the Edge blog and link to it, rather than starting a new competing resource.

I think we can manage that. Space isn't an issue and I can always upgrade it later if needed.

Setting up a gallery for screenshots or panoramas is a good idea.

You can't pay for the site with your own money! I want to contribute with some money!

Dude, no worries. The yearly costs are laughably low; I'm sure Wu pays the same in a week just to keep the HBO servers powered.

I will ask this: Has anyone ever noticed any ads on the site? Or on my Misriah site?

I've never seen any, but maybe it's because I'm always logged into a WordPress account. Just want to be sure.

Trasher

Dude, no worries. The yearly costs are laughably low; I'm sure Wu pays the same in a week just to keep the HBO servers powered.

I will ask this: Has anyone ever noticed any ads on the site? Or on my Misriah site?

I've never seen any, but maybe it's because I'm always logged into a WordPress account. Just want to be sure.

No ads here.

Nutter

The good ole days.

Err you have me beat by five days! lol

Crazy to think I was just about to enter my senior year of high school when I joined GAF. I'm starting to feel Wu old. :(

Remember the fallen soldiers... like Donkey, Lancelet Pink, Cerrius, Ironclad Ninja.
HGPlayer still plays the game but hardly with us.

Oh and who can forget the leguna dream team fiasco.. lol.

Top Bottom