• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT7| What are They to Say Now?

Trasher

EazyB tribute header and footer on every page?

image-1.png

Anyone want to explain ONI to me?

I always assumed ONI kept themselves secret from the general public and operated in relative darkness, with only higher up members of the police force, military, navy ect knowing about them.

However New Mombasa and New Alexandria feature overtly public ONI displays, N.A has the symbols splashed on to every other wall or window and N.M has a huge cube shaped building for ONI ops, if i was the public id sure as hell be asking what that was.

Havok

Anyone want to explain ONI to me?

I always assumed ONI kept themselves secret from the general public and operated in relative darkness, with only higher up members of the police force, military, navy ect knowing about them.

However New Mombasa and New Alexandria feature overtly public ONI displays, N.A has the symbols splashed on to every other wall or window and N.M has a huge cube shaped building for ONI ops, if i was the public id sure as hell be asking what that was.
They have public-facing branches. At least Sections One and Two are known to the public. Given the Navy's importance in space activity, their role has naturally been expanded.

Also, its a thing that exists: http://www.oni.navy.mil/

daedalius

So damn, Halo 2 feels really good.

Just started my campaign playthrough, but the movement speed, jump height, and dat BR; so good.

I really hope H4 goes back to that movement speed, it feels like I'm playing Annv. multiplayer in Reach. Oh, and that BR, so good (although spread in campaign is meh). It shoots faster, has no bloom, and kills faster than the DMR... why did they take it away?!

Wow hog doesn't flip over when running over a different texture, nice.

feel

The bulletin focused on ATLAS. What other features will Waypoint iOS have? Can I read the bulletins and other waypoint blog posts on it? Can I check Halo stats and game history?

omg

this is the best thing out of the last 10 pages.

kens is runner up
halogaf.com

Just started my campaign playthrough, but the movement speed, jump height, and dat BR; so good.

I really hope H4 goes back to that movement speed, it feels like I'm playing Annv. multiplayer in Reach. Oh, and that BR, so good (although spread in campaign is meh). It shoots faster, has no bloom, and kills faster than the DMR... why did they take it away?!
One of the reasons I don't like going through Halo 2's campaign is that it has an unpolished feeling that sticks out like a sore thumb, I think. It's so weird.

One of the reasons I don't like going through Halo 2's campaign is that it has an unpolished feeling that sticks out like a sore thumb, I think. It's so weird.
Same here. Doesn't help that the 360 has a weird glitch that ghosts a lot of images. I can't get more than halfway through the campaign before I just give up. Never even finished the Legendary run; fuck that shit.

You're gonna start running into the ghost fog frame issue pretty soon, if you haven't already (assuming you're emulating on your 360). Unfortunately, it requires a restart of the console. Outskirts, Metropolis, Delta Halo are the worst offenders.
The three best levels of the game. :-\

Havok

You're gonna start running into the ghost fog frame issue pretty soon, if you haven't already (assuming you're emulating on your 360). Unfortunately, it requires a restart of the console. Outskirts, Metropolis, Delta Halo are the worst offenders.

ElRenoRaven

Not if he's playing the superior version that still has intact online play and no ghosting.

GhaleonEB

The lack of polish I'm okay with; what gets me is the narrow field of view. Severe tunnel vision.

Same here. Doesn't help that the 360 has a weird glitch that ghosts a lot of images. I can't get more than halfway through the campaign before I just give up. Never even finished the Legendary run; fuck that shit.
The ghosting I can stand, but it's a combination of a bunch of little things that still put me off.

It's not so bad that I stop playing, but it definitely brings down the experience.
The lack of polish I'm okay with; what gets me is the narrow field of view. Severe tunnel vision.
Yeah. The guns are really right up in your face. The edge of the shotgun touches the edge of your reticule.

feel

Anyone remember where we were when Wu posted that BattleRifle + Creation of Adam picture? I think it was sometime between the Halo 3 thread's death and the creation of the ODST thread. Trying to track down that picture for the halogaf site.

Btw Ghaleon, the ODST |OT| is not showing any pictures now because of the tinypic ban, not sure if you're interested in fixing that, just a heads up in case you might be. Ah nevermind that, I think you can't edit it now, oh well.

daedalius

Ghosting is annoying, as is the narrow FoV (although H3 is pretty awful with its FoV as well).

But, even with both of those it still feels really good gameplay wise.

I'd get it for vista, but then I can't play it on my 60" tv with new sound system :p

heckfu

Banned
SC2 bet for it :p

Also in other news. CP3 to the Lakers. I fuckin hate the Lakers and Kobe. I'm not happy about this because I love CP3

I'm in the same boat man, Lakers are just as bad as the Heat when it comes to shoveling money for players but they don't have Lebron so they aren't as evil in most public opinion.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
I'm in the same boat man, Lakers are just as bad as the Heat when it comes to shoveling money for players but they don't have Lebron so they aren't as evil in most public opinion.

Nah, I just hate Kobe. I'm actually rooting for Miami. They're so much fun to watch. Since the Jordan era, I lost my great interest in the NBA but that Miami team brought me back to caring again. Of course you know,

nba_cares_logo_140.jpg

feel

I haven't played Halo 2 lately, but that's the same reason I hve trouble playing Halo 3 nowadays.

Please 343, Halo 4 needs a wide FOV!
No way they will screw that up after all the praise ODST and Reach got for finally doing FOV right again.

Fun fact, we've never seen how a Battle Riffle looks on screen in a wide FOV (at least on consoles, not sure if H2V has a different FOV), so it should look cool and fresh in the first Halo 4 first person media even if they make it look exactly the same.

daedalius

No way they will screw that up after all the praise ODST and Reach got for finally doing FOV right again.

Fun fact, we've never seen how a Battle Riffle looks on screen in a wide FOV (at least on consoles, not sure if H2V has a different FOV).

Well really, the BR doesn't look too dissimilar from the DMR, and it looks pretty good in Reach.

Love the Reach FOV for sure, hard to go back to the others after playing it heh.

Is there anything different with H2's aiming? Feels snappier or something.

Well really, the BR doesn't look too dissimilar from the DMR, and it looks pretty good in Reach.

Love the Reach FOV for sure, hard to go back to the others after playing it heh.

Is there anything different with H2's aiming? Feels snappier or something.

Halo 2 has a lot of aim assist.

daedalius

Halo 2 has a lot of aim assist.

Oh I know, I but I don't necessarily mean aiming I guess, more just moving around the reticule.

I think they look nothing alike. BR looks like a classy scifi semi-futuristic human weapon and the DMR looks like dudebro rifle #13762. I'm looking forward to seeing that good old friend again.

640px-Designated_Marksman_Rifle.png

640px-BR55HB_SR_Battle_Rifle.png

Hmm, I guess. They really don't look that much different to me. I mean obviously they are different, but stylistically... pretty similar imo.

And c'mon, you don't like the look of this?

ih_battlerifle01.jpg

thanks Dani (2 windows of the gallery open right now ;))

kylej

Banned
Kyles 360 RROD :(.

That's my old launch 360 I have at school. My sexy slim 360 is at home, which I'm headed back to probably on Saturday so it's not a big deal. Still a pain in the ass though. Downloaded update, 360 turned off to reboot, and blammo. Completely dead. Wouldn't believe it if I didn't see it happen in front of me.

feel

dmr/BR pics
They do look similar in the overall shape but the design is very different, I not a huge fan the overdone and prototype-ish look of the DMR, I prefer the classy lines and simple look of the BR, with the shinny dark metal and the blue scope.

edit- dammit guys, you need to start waiting for me to be done with my usual 12 edits before replying :p

So, Default Noble 6, with or without the FJ/PARA shoulders?
I say no. I use the UA helmet and FJ/PARA kneepads like the Noble 6 from the VGA reveal trailer. I also like to use the Tactical/UGPS attachment so that when he looks at his wrist in the beginning cutscene of Exodus it actually has a purpose. That's my "default" Noble 6.

senador

Banned
A BR with the proper FOV could be spectacular. I like the single shot DMR too though.

I like that pic above. It's like a BDMR.

Top Bottom