• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT7| What are They to Say Now?

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
After GI basically confirmed that the earliest we'd have a Halo 4 cover story is in the March issue, I was getting skeptical at their way of handling Halo 4's marketing, but after hearing that exact talk in the second half of the podcast, I can be at ease and I'm very excited for the reveal. It's good to see them trying to innovate Halo 4's exposure. :)

Also, more of those teases from the podcast about the weapons, MP, and so on need to keep happening. They're fun and we could use a couple bones thrown at us here and there.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
After GI basically confirmed that the earliest we'd have a Halo 4 cover story is in the March issue, I was getting skeptical at their way of handling Halo 4's marketing, but after hearing that exact talk in the second half of the podcast, I can be at ease and I'm very excited for the reveal. It's good to see them trying to innovate Halo 4's exposure. :)

Also, more of those teases from the podcast about the weapons, MP, and so on need to keep happening. They're fun and we could use a couple bones thrown at us here and there.

Oh damn sounds meaty. I gotta listen

Tawpgun

Blitzkrieg marketing.

They'll randomly one day. Out of nowhere. Say, HALO 4 BETA IS NOW ON THE MARKETPLACE. HERES A SINGLEPLAYER TRAILER. HERES A MULTIPLAYER TRAILER. HERES SOME PRETTY PICTURES. NO BLOOM. NO AA'S.

"Innovative marketing plan" = Halo 4 ON ICE

Why watch a boring gameplay trailer when you can watch Brian Boitano twirling around in a Cortana costume?

You guys didn't think I was writing those Halo parody songs for free, did you?

feel

ggki35djcs4y5.gif

The escarpment behind the goose looks like it is OOnsk licking the goose's butt.
Can't see the oonsk. Looks more like a Locust Drone to me.

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
So cute:

BWU by urk, 12/18/09

BWU said:
It hurts me deep down in my dark and sensitive places that I can't ease everyone's mind with a spate of soothing answers. Not until the latest and greatest version of the current media embargo lifts. I hear that happens early in the New Year. 2010. I'm really looking forward to it. I think my New Year's resolution is definitely gonna be to drop way more Halo: Reach media and information.

Halo Bulletin by bsangel, 12/21/11

Halo Bulletin said:
While the timer continues to tick, our Forerunner feast is not yet ready. We will be giving you a taste before it’s finished, and several of them at that, but the associated dates loom in the distance. Thus, one of my New Year’s resolutions is to successfully sneak you the tiniest of tidbits from within the depths of our still sealed casket. Those morsels will not satiate your ravenous appetite. They will, however, whet it.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger

Reveal in February would align with reasonable expectations. Might get a surprise January blip but February is the safe bet.

Yo Duncan make some funny lyrics to this song

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1DfdED1SWX8

Chorus:
Last campaign, we went to The Ark
But the very next day, you blew it away
This year, to save me from Gears
I'm gonna play somethin special
(x2)

Verse:
Hogs launchin, and Ghosts fly
You've been remastered but you still catch my eye
Tell me Halo do you recognise me?
Well it's been ten years, it doesn't surprise me

(Anniversary!) I beat the game and lent it
With a note saying "Let's co-op" I meant it
Now I know what a fool I've been
But if you killed me now you know I'd respawn again

Chorus (x2)

(Oooh. Oooh Baby)

A Control Room, search for Jacob Keyes
I'm hiding from you and your new Banshees
My God I thought you were a Spartan to rely on
Me? I guess I was a Pale Horse to ride on
A space fortress ringworld with some Flood in the dark
A man under fire from this jerk Guilty Spark
Oooh Oooh
Now I've found the index you'll never betray again

Chorus (x2)

A space fortress ringworld with some Flood in the dark
(Flood in the dark)
A man under fire from this jerk Guilty Spark
Maybe next year
I'll get to play somethin,
I'll get to play somethin special
special

:) Thanks guys. I was just about to go to bed but I couldn't resist. (Although I now hate Tashi for making me listen to that song over and over. I'm going to hear George Michael singing in my nightmares.)

WHY WOULD THEY CUT THAT SKULL? WHY???!!!!!
They explained it in the podcast! :p They had to cut it to make room on the disc for both the Classic and Remastered soundtracks (a feature many fans appreciated having). I imagine there were also scheduling/testing constraints as well.

In a perfect world we would have gotten the skull, but it's still neat to hear that they tried. Don't make them regret sharing info on cut features, I love hearing about that stuff!

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I had a BLAST playing Reach tonight. I KNOW, WEIRD, RIGHT?

I outsmarted this same kid twice -- first by flanking and blasting him with the pro-pipe while he was camo'd, and then a few seconds later with an amazing showstopper. Then my team won this super close game of Crazy King on Battle Canyon in which I went +22. And people were nice and talkative!

Feels good.

Edit: And Battle Canyon is easily my favorite map in the game. A like it slightly more than Beaver Creek, even though there are way too many power weapons.

Top Bottom