• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT7| What are They to Say Now?

feel

oh what the hell friend me too guys, I'm Mason Cobb, let me know who you are from gaf I don't accept random FRs on facebook

daedalius

Sorry guys in Squad Slayer with me, got disconnected.

You'd think if my network status has everything in the green that wouldn't randomly happen ALL THE TIME...

Anyone have any suggestions as to what it could be?

It doesn't even really disconnect me unless its for literally a millisecond, because I can access my guide and jump back into MM right away afterwards, it just kicks me out of whatever I happen to be playing.

Well I opened all the ports it said to on Xbox.com, maybe that will do something. Next thing to get will be a signal booster I guess...

What are you talking about?

First off, not using this as an excuse to suggest I'm good or anything (because I know I suck) but that was a game of Headhunter playing alongside a bunch of randoms against 9 other people. There was no strategy to that whatsoever. I tried using jetpack to get on top of the mid structure on Powerhouse so I could peek and pop some shots at people but you (and your team) were wise to that so I went to camo. That's the only gametype (on that specific map) where I use anything but camo. I wasn't trying to go out of my way to kill you. I was shooting at everyone I saw, trying to get ANY kills. It was just bullets going all over the place.

I'm not defending camo in relation to classic Halo gameplay. I want H4 to be classic. Hell, if 343 said there were going to do a new TU that got rid of Reach's gameplay and made it all classic I'd be for it. When I defend camo I'm just playing devil's advocate. I'm simply saying that compared to the other abilities I think it get's a bad rap because unlike these other abilities it has drawbacks.

Here was my argument regarding camo form a while back: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=32810263&postcount=6721

Yea, I'm being churlish. It was just funny because I saw you using jetpack the majority of the game so I thought 'oh Kuro's trolling for kicks when he defends the camo aa' then you used camo and I died whilst looking for you. It was just funny because you're obviously good at using it. Still hate that ability though.

As for drop in drop out for Halo, I used to be unshakably opposed it. Then I played Reach, in which quitting is so frequent you actually start to think it preferable to 5v2 games and so on.

Sparkcast was good enough, little nuggets to satisfy the madness that is this Limbo stage of Halo.
That list is from least awesome to most awesome. (But still, they're all awesome.)
You've lost it.
The movies will all hopefully be great, but in terms of trailers, Ghaleon has it right.
By a wide margin.

ElRenoRaven

Sparkcast was good enough, little nuggets to satisfy the madness that is this Limbo stage of Halo.

You've lost it.
The movies will all hopefully be great, but in terms of trailers, Ghaleon has it right.
By a wide margin.

Oh new Sparkcast you say. Interesting. The only other thing on the other list interesting worth a damn was Dark Knight Rises trailer which I saw.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
They stopped short of revealing any new info on Halo 4. They talked about the new sounds of weapons, the marketing campaign and a big development milestone they passed a while back.

No specifics on anything though. =/

They also did some recording for future behind the scenes stuff. And Frankie removed his furry pal.

daedalius

the sanctity of marriage :(

George_Takei_LOLs.gif

They stopped short of revealing any new info on Halo 4. They talked about the new sounds of weapons, the marketing campaign and a big development milestone they passed a while back.

No specifics on anything though. =/

They also did some recording for future behind the scenes stuff. And Frankie removed his furry pal.

Frankles said how much he loved shooting some gun, even though it was less effective than what he could be using, because it sounded SO AWESOME.

They should just throw up some SFX for us to listen to ;)

heckfu

Banned
Lybertyboy - a whole conversation about beards and no mention of Heckfu. Son, I am disappoint.

p.s. Fronk, you aren't exempt from my sadness either.

Reading comprehension FTL? I already addressed these points but they clearly went over your head.
You said to find out why people are quitting and fix it. I'm saying it doesn't matter, people will quit anyways if they feel like it. I think that JIP will make it a little more bearable in social playlists. Feel free to disagree.

vhfive

oh hai guyz
a bunch of you added me already on face book but I'm Dan van Hoff
I'm the fifth child so my user name should make sense to you now

also anyone playing halo right now?

Top Bottom