• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT7| What are They to Say Now?

stephen08

More of HaloGAF needs to play Gears 3. It's so fun and hardly anybody uses the Sawed-Off anymore but I'm so sick of rolling by myself. :(

I've been playing more Gears lately since the title update migrated to some of my preferred lists and while that game is a lot of fun it is absolutely essential to have teammates willing to communicate.

Add me if you want to play some time: stephen087

I had a BLAST playing Reach tonight. I KNOW, WEIRD, RIGHT?

I outsmarted this same kid twice -- first by flanking and blasting him with the pro-pipe while he was camo'd, and then a few seconds later with an amazing showstopper. Then my team won this super close game of Crazy King on Battle Canyon in which I went +22. And people were nice and talkative!

Feels good.

Edit: And Battle Canyon is easily my favorite map in the game. A like it slightly more than Beaver Creek, even though there are way too many power weapons.
I played a TS game in solo matchmaking the other day where everyone had a mic (I promptly switched to game chat) and the entire opposing team had matching GTs. At the end of the game, I said to them, "By the way, guys, I love the gimmick." They were not happy to hear that. I had to message them afterwards to convince them that I was being sincere...such is XBL.

Alternatively, I could have sent them this almost irresistible trolling message: "We hold this truth to be self-evident: you mad." But that might have undermined my claims of sincerity.

Was that skull not also greatly hindered by having.Halo: Reach's music/sounds on the same disc? If so, that Mythic disc mentality for Anniversary would have been sweet. Hindsight is 20/20 though :p

kylej

Banned
I don't mean to be the broken record about pro streams in HaloGAF or ride some heavy D, but these kids make me shit my pants on a regular basis so eff it. Snipedown started streaming again a couple days ago....

First exterm was last night, the killtac for the last 5 kills was the night before.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XafdJ4svW7M

o_________________________________________o

Hey, if you really miss that skull just put your TV on mute and make the sounds yourself!

BLAM BLAM BLAM

PEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEW

beepbeepbeepbeepbeepbeepbeep

WWWWWUUUUUUUUUBBBBBB

daedalius

So I figured that maybe the wifi signal from my TV being RIGHT NEXT to my xbox might present a problem, not to mention I hadn't had any disconnecting issues before I got the new tv.

So now that is turned off, and all my ports are open. I guess next time I play I'll cross my fingers to not get disconnected.

Flipyap

HaloGAF's facebook group page might be a bit too meta for me:

5BkdD.png

feel

Matchmaking shouldn't be matching me and 3 randoms as terrible as me versus a full team composed of uor ghostayame and his buddies. :/

Sup halogaf?! Been on vacation (saw the Steelers miners games on Monday, fuck that shit to say the least). Anywho, haven't been checking the thread at all, what's new besides the podcast (will try to listen if I get the time)?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-4QbrpODj7o&feature=youtu.be

Episode 5 of the Gaming Council. Special Guest Lunchbox

Also, I'm going to attempt a Play of the Day series. Here's the first from last night.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ApIxVvU9GWw

Shoutouts to Lunchbox. I've been watching Ogre 2 and Lunchbox scrim other top teams in BF3. They just beat team LGD (won the last big bf2 tournament), which consists of Mr. X, a couple of other Rainbow 6 pros, and Jwhojcash (won 3 straight mlg nationals for Rainbow). They're getting really good and beating other established bf3 teams. I'm surprised people from the CoD, Rainbow 6, and other competitive communities are losing since Ogre 2 and Lunchbox come from Halo, which is very different from bf3 compared to the other console shooters.

CyReN

Shoutouts to Lunchbox. I've been watching Ogre 2 and Lunchbox scrim other top teams in BF3. They just beat team LGD (won the last big bf2 tournament), which consists of Mr. X, a couple of other Rainbow 6 pros, and Jwhojcash (won 3 straight mlg nationals for Rainbow). They're getting really good and beating other established bf3 teams. I'm surprised people from the CoD, Rainbow 6, and other competitive communities are losing since Ogre 2 and Lunchbox come from Halo, which has the most differences to bf3.

Not to "knock" those other players or their accomplishments but people that don't place well in Halo usually go to other fps games to compete in since the competition is lower. I saw it with numerous players during that when other games where on the circuit. During 2007 season, Walshy and Ogre 2 won Shadowrun and won Halo 2 at the same event.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Shoutouts to Lunchbox. I've been watching Ogre 2 and Lunchbox scrim other top teams in BF3. They just beat team LGD (won the last big bf2 tournament), which consists of Mr. X, a couple of other Rainbow 6 pros, and Jwhojcash (won 3 straight mlg nationals for Rainbow). They're getting really good and beating other established bf3 teams. I'm surprised people from the CoD, Rainbow 6, and other competitive communities are losing since Ogre 2 and Lunchbox come from Halo, which is very different from bf3 compared to the other console shooters.

That's embarrassing.

daedalius

I found it interesting that their competitive community is all on xbox instead of PC (and that is where they are practicing)... don't talk about that in the BF3 OT, lol

Not to "knock" those other players or their accomplishments but people that don't place well in Halo usually go to other fps games to compete in since the competition is lower. I saw it with numerous players during that when other games where on the circuit. During 2007 season, Walshy and Ogre 2 won Shadowrun and won Halo 2 at the same event.

That's true. Type Z placed well in Halo 2, but they weren't a contender for 1st, or top 3 really. I know they moved on from Halo and did better in another game (can't remember if it's gears or rainbow) and got 2nd. Funnily enough, Ogre 2 scrimmed them the other night and destroyed them too in bf3.

:lol It's cool to see Ogre 2 continue his winning ways onto other games like he did with Shadowrun. I know Nistic was part of the scrim yesterday, but he isn't on the team from what I hear. There were like 4 people that weren't part of Ogre 2's official team and they still beat the full squad.

If you have time, check out the last game they played. Super exciting clutch win.
Part 4, 44 minutes in.

http://www.twitch.tv/ogre2/b/303304087

I found it interesting that their competitive community is all on xbox instead of PC (and that is where they are practicing)... don't talk about that in the BF3 OT, lol

There's like 3 members of Ogre 2's team that made the switch from PC to 360. The reason for that is because of a 1.6 million dollar tournament being hosted on ps3 and 360. Official settings haven't been released yet, but teams are starting to prepare for that.

Makes sense, really. I don't think there is a need for 64 player battles in competitive play.

Sure, you have to swap KB+M for a controller but on the plus side it's easier to have consistent hardware performance between two consoles.

I think PC is the better version for me (and for people that have a PC that can run it) but Console is better for pro leagues.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
So I figured that maybe the wifi signal from my TV being RIGHT NEXT to my xbox might present a problem, not to mention I hadn't had any disconnecting issues before I got the new tv.

So now that is turned off, and all my ports are open. I guess next time I play I'll cross my fingers to not get disconnected.

Two worst cuplrits are Wireless landline phones - effectively every time they ring (and it's only your Grandmother or a 1800 scam) it's like a wireless spectrum EMP burst - and refrigerators.

Falagard

I'm having some computer problems with my speakers, I don't have any headphones present, could someone give me a summary of the sparkcast? :)

Mispronunciation of multiple words. Bearded Grunt plushies. Crying buildings. Scottish accent. Teasing amazing stuff to come out next year for Halo 4, and teasing new multiplayer features.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
what kind of halo 4 stuff was teased, with multiplayer, any hints of anything?

What was teased? Weapons and their new sounds recorded. Development milestones reached. The marketing - the newer stuff they will be doing alongside traditional stuff. Also something awesome which they can't yet talk about.

Hints and teases aplenty.

Top Bottom