• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT7| What are They to Say Now?

Karl2177

Timberland is better. Highlands suffers from turtling.

Not with fixed weapon spawns/teleporter locations.

Also, since I don't know where else to put it(aside from the funny pictures thread)... GO WITH GAF.
VOgHE.jpg

Manuals used to be cool FFIII(USA) was a great one.

Now though the games don't need them as much. Put all that stuff in the game. Games do like hint tips and hide hints options.

Would love for a Halo 4 tutorial teaching you how to doubleshot and noobtube, YY. Catch the players up quick.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
things made it impossible for me to enjoy Skyward Sword:

- Fi and all the constant hints. You literally can't play the game for five minutes without being interrupted.
- Skyloft and the first surface area weren't fun at all. I found myself just wanting to get to my next objective as quickly as possible.
- Waggle controls.
- Janky pointer controls. I tried so many times to calibrate, but it never felt right. None of my other Wii games have that problem.

I would honestly recommend renting the game first. Or keeping your receipt handy. I sold mine on Amazon after a week of trying to enjoy it. I'm bitter. I want a new kick ass Zelda so bad. :-(

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
things that made it impossible for me to enjoy halo reach:

bloom
grey
forge
lack of hdr
lack of good framerate
no race playlist

Dat matchmaking algorithm. That still doesn't work.

So I just played one game of Anniversary Classic
http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/GameStats.aspx?gameid=885903417&player=Booshka

Then I played one game of MLG Playlist
http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/GameStats.aspx?gameid=885919618&player=Booshka

MLG felt a lot better, the settings on Anniversary are just trying too hard to be something Reach will never be. I think the MLG Playlist does a better job of trying to emulate Halo 2 and H3 MLG's style of play (beside the Holy Shit OP Evade in No Sprint mode), than Anniversary does at trying to emulate Halo CE. Anniversary just feels stupid, the speed of movement leads to sliding and then the jumps are lower and rightfully so, but it just doesn't feel right. The Pistol has too much bloom, it doesn't mimic the actual speed and accuracy that the Halo CE pistol had at all, and it could be better. Other weapons are ok, and I don't understand why there is fire under my feet when I pick up OS.

Reach is still pretty ass, so I'll probably go back to Dark Souls. I would like to try BTB Anniversary on Ridgeline and Headlong, but if those two games are any indication, I'll be playing with morons and quitters, so I'll wait for GAF Customs, or MM with GAF, if that even still happens lol.

Gimmie some Anniversary maps and I'll get in that MLG playlist again. I like the settings now, but playing gray world gets stale pretty quick.
Still haven't fixed Sanctuary lol

Play it bro. Best Zelda since Ocarina.

Thinking about getting it.

But I'd have to find my Wii.

Seriously have no idea where that thing is.

I don't doubt that it's a good game, I just have no interest in waggle. I haven't turned my Wii on in over a year, lol.

Oh you are one of those people.

Do you understand what happens when you waggle in this game?

It punishes you as Miyamoto cackles in laughter while you fall to the ground with a moblins sword in your face

I sat my friend down to play it, he got his ass kicked.

This is no game for waggle.

heckfu

Banned
I'm literally playing right now and this Zelda is pretty awesome so far. Probably a mere 8 hours into it but still so good.

Ramirez

Oh you are one of those people.

Do you understand what happens when you waggle in this game?

It punishes you as Miyamoto cackles in laughter while you fall to the ground with a moblins sword in your face

I sat my friend down to play it, he got his ass kicked.

This is no game for waggle.

I don't mean waggle in a literal sense, I hate motion plus stuff just as much as plain waggle. The way my TV and systems are set up right now doesn't really accommodate the Wii anyways, I'm like 3 feet from my screen.

That aside, you cosplay as Link, so I'm not sure how seriously I could take your opinion on the subject.

heckfu

Banned
I don't mean waggle in a literal sense, I hate motion plus stuff just as much as plain waggle. The way my TV and systems are set up right now doesn't really accommodate the Wii anyways, I'm like 3 feet from my screen.

That aside, you cosplay as Link, so I'm not sure how seriously I could take your opinion on the subject.

BOOM. Point to Ram.

Thermite

vA6B2.gif

Cosplaying is the weirdest shit ever.

I have a shield

I have a lightsaber

I thought HaloGAF might get a kick out of it

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
It's bad. The Zelda series is dead to me now. TP on the Gamecube was my last Zelda game. I'm from the old school. The motion control shit doesn't remind of true Zelda. Kinda like Jetpacks and AL in Halo.
Fuck that. Link to the Past is my favorite game ever and I loved Skyward Sword. Waggle once in a while is fine.

TrounceX

Hello again HaloGAF.

I'd just like to politely ask all of you to stop posting that screenshot of my rage message outside of this thread. I get it, it's pretty funny and if you want to use it as a joke in here, whatever I don't care. To follow me around the gaming and OT sections of this site and post it though is very childish and immature. People do stupid things. Let it go.

Thank you for not listening or giving a shit. I'll go ask the mods to give me a username change or re register and wait in queue for another 6 months now.

Hello again HaloGAF.

I'd just like to politely ask all of you to stop posting that screenshot of my rage message outside of this thread. I get it, it's pretty funny and if you want to use it as a joke in here, whatever I don't care. To follow me around the gaming and OT sections of this site and post it though is very childish and immature. People do stupid things. Let it go.

Thank you for not listening or giving a shit. I'll go ask the mods to give me a username change or re register and wait in queue for another 6 months now.

The games on demand version of Reach is on sale today. Now you won't have to buy another copy when you snap yours in half.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Mine is only 1 gif. But it is of highest quality.
3fKKy.gif
lFQZk.gif

Hello again HaloGAF.

T0BBl.gif

GhaleonEB

The games on demand version of Reach is on sale today. Now you won't have to buy another copy when you snap yours in half.

Snapping Reach will require buying a new 360. Of course, just tossing it out the window would knock out two birds with one stone. Wreaking both will be even easier this time around.

Jesus lawd, 7 OT's. Is that a record?

Anyway, I bought a 360 yesterday and this game is naturally one of my options. So is it any good then? I played the tits off Halo 2 in the day but I dunno, Reach looks a bit basic and dated compared to other big budget actions games on the market.

TheOddOne

Jesus lawd, 7 OT's. Is that a record?

Anyway, I bought a 360 yesterday and this game is naturally one of my options. So is it any good then? I played the tits off Halo 2 in the day but I dunno, Reach looks a bit basic and dated compared to other big budget actions games on the market.
IMO even in its broken state Reach is better then most of those 'big' budget games.

tumblr_lqrnlzvRZY1qevswb.gif

TrounceX

figured as much.

I will have the last laugh though because I am still the best Halo player on GAF. And in the end, that's what made you all so bitter in the first place.

<3 everyone. Hope I meet some of you in MLG sometime.

Top Bottom