• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT7| What are They to Say Now?

ZalinKrow

You're not a scrub, your brother on the other hand...

He was party leader yesterday, couldn't handle the pressure.

Oh, I see how it is. Didn't think I'd actually post on here and defend myself, did ya? I'll have you know it was a hoot. There was no inevitable Xand bootings like when Heckfu has lead haha.

He was a much better party leader than you ever were!

Thank you Hyper, thank you.

I'll probably be on later if anyone wants to play again anyway.

Oh, I see how it is. Didn't think I'd actually post on here and defend myself, did ya? I'll have you know it was a hoot. There was no inevitable Xand bootings like when Heckfu has lead haha.

Thank you Hyper, thank you.

I'll probably be on later if anyone wants to play again anyway.

To be honest, I really didn't, lmao.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I think we should respect Trounce's request. It's totally reasonable. Dude is a bit of a doucher, but he certainly isn't the only one on HaloGAF.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
but how many of those douchers sent out an xbl message like that one.
The message is funny and his subsequent defensiveness is easy to make fun of, sure. But despite his pretentious attitude, he's making a reasonable request, and instead of mocking him some more, I'd rather have a grain of respect and move on.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Just retraced posts back through to #15741 and I have to tell you, it was a pretty amazing journey. Sometimes backwards is better. It was like a Shyamalan twist when I got to that post.

I think we should respect Trounce's request. It's totally reasonable. Dude is a bit of a doucher, but he certainly isn't the only one on HaloGAF.

Yeah I agree, following the dude around and posting his message on other Gaf threads is out of order, BUT giving him stick here for it seems fair game especially when his posts are a bit dickish.

God I love me a good HaloGAF member meltdown.

Politely asking people to stop following him around the forum posting his, admittedly silly few posts, is now considered a meltdown? Lol.

Just to compare, the guy who popped in to defend Reach, had that drumming bunny avatar and then went completely off the walls posting those gifs. THAT was a meltdown :p Take notes lurkers.

heckfu

Banned

You finally post and of course I'm mentioned.

Go on, admit it, life is better with the Heckfu.

Politely asking people to stop following him around the forum posting his, admittedly silly few posts, is now considered a meltdown? Lol.

If I had to pinpoint when the meltdown happened:

figured as much.

I will have the last laugh though because I am still the best Halo player on GAF. And in the end, that's what made you all so bitter in the first place.

<3 everyone. Hope I meet some of you in MLG sometime.

I mean seriously, as much as the guy is in the right for asking people to stop following him around that post has showed his persona. Pretty dickish to think that people hate you for being good at something. Its a stupid belief on his part if he truly thinks people dislike him for his Halo ability rather than for the arrogance behind his posts. I get the feeling he would get more sympathy if his argument was different.

Way I see it everyones in the wrong, sure it sucks that people are pestering the guy, but is he worth defending when he makes posts like that?

EDIT: Just to clarify I don't even remember why everyone seemed to hate Trounce when he posted before. Back then I stayed out of it. But surely the thought process behind his recent posts makes you go woah Hydra? He went from a reasonable request to losing it in a very short space of time.

So I got a part-time job now. And so the opportunity to fly to PAX east is here. Does anyone know how fast the PAX East Pass are selling right now?

If I had to pinpoint when the meltdown happened:

I mean seriously, as much as the guy is in the right for asking people to stop following him around that post has showed his persona. Pretty dickish to think that people hate you for being good at something. Its a stupid belief on his part if he truly thinks people dislike him for his Halo ability rather than for the arrogance behind his posts.

Way I see it everyones in the wrong, sure it sucks that people are pestering the guy, but is he worth defending when he makes posts like that?

Totally but its hard to expect everyone who gets treated in bad ways to keep a cool head, especially after being so polite about it :p

I will hopefully be on later too.

wwm0nkey

So I got a part-time job now. And so the opportunity to fly to PAX east is here. Does anyone know how fast the PAX East Pass are selling right now?

I just want to know who all from HaloGAF is going and wants to meet up because I've been sitting on buying a ticket but Im just not sure yet.

figured as much.

I will have the last laugh though because I am still the best Halo player on GAF. And in the end, that's what made you all so bitter in the first place.

<3 everyone. Hope I meet some of you in MLG sometime.

Please... I can throw two xboxs at once.

Scrub can't even beat the campaign.
http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/Default.aspx?player=Trounce&sg=0

Really kid I am glad you are better than me at halo. It is really cute. Most of HaloGAF is. You just can't expect for people to take you seriously when all you do is come into people's threads talk trash and then send childish messages about you destroying your xbox. If you want people to stop posting that glorious picture then you need to mature socially.

Just retraced posts back through to #15741 and I have to tell you, it was a pretty amazing journey. Sometimes backwards is better. It was like a Shyamalan twist when I got to that post.

Haha sometimes I go through the thread backwards on my phone, because the second apps site just takes you to the last page of the thread. It's often quite entertaining that way.

daedalius

how is SWTOR

I think my wife is more obsessed with it than I am, but the leveling experience is actually quite good, and I find myself actually giving a shit about the story of my character (which is far and away better than any other MMO I've played).

I just got my ship last night, and the world really seems to open up after that, you can fly all around the galaxy and there are several worlds (continents in any other game I'd say).

The production values are excellent, and it is a very enjoyable game to coop with someone else, at least as far as I am in the leveling experience. I have no idea how the 'end-game' will pan out, but the journey to get there is MUCH more enjoyable than other MMOs I've played.

It's nice to see the web app work so well on the 3DS. Mario Kart is pretty sweet and there seems to be ways to snake which is always nice :p Any of HaloGaf playing on the 3DS?

Matchmaking is still really fun. Anniversary settings are a joy to play. Some really close matches in between the quitters :p

Homeboyd

I would like to remind you all that I pretty much hold the crown for shit-tier posting. My (laughable at best) contributions to this and other threads typically add no value whatsoever to any discussions at hand and are often widely overlooked by anyone with half a mind to do so. I don't often ramble, rant or rave about anything but rather post stupid images I think are funny that I have somehow managed to tie into whatever you guys are taking about (which usually only makes sense to me). You'll typically see one word posts from me in such forms as "lol, zOMG" or the lazy ".jpg" replies when I'm too lazy or unable to find an image I'm looking to respond to you with.

So please, remember my consistent, lackadaisical comments that I "contribute" to this thread and consider that some even have the ability to cause the smallest of stirs around here.. Which is more than I can say for myself.

foreveralone.jpg

Karl2177

I would like to remind you all that I pretty much hold the crown for shit-tier posting. My (laughable at best) contributions to this and other threads typically add no value whatsoever to any discussions at hand and are often widely overlooked by anyone with half a mind to do so. I don't often ramble, rant or rave about anything but rather post stupid images I think are funny that I have somehow managed to tie into whatever you guys are taking about (which usually only makes sense to me). You'll typically see one word posts from me in such forms as "lol, zOMG" or the lazy ".jpg" replies when I'm too lazy or unable to find an image I'm looking to respond to you with.

So please, remember my consistent, lackadaisical comments that I "contribute" to this thread and consider that some even have the ability to cause the smallest of stirs around here.. Which is more than I can say for myself.

foreveralone.jpg

stfu

j/k

Booshka

foreveralone.jpg

billy+madison+quote.jpg

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Homeboyd, I feel that know

foreveralone.jpg
i3q4X.gif

For the record I enjoyed when Trounce played like 10 games in MM with me Kyle and some others. We destroyed. He wasn't any better or worse than any of us top tier GAF players, regardless of his "placings". I mean really Me Kyle Tashi and Ram would easily place 7th in a MLolG combine.

I don't even dislike him nor have I read any of his posts outside of HaloGAF.

If he would have just stuck with getting on and donging with us he would be fine.

He went and ragequit Halo though. He didn't just quit a game, he threw his Xbox out the window (which I don't think was ever proven) and snapped his Reach disc. Thats a meltdown worthy of at least a bit of ridicule.

The most I've done is tossed a controller a little harder than I should have, and it didn't break.

So if you ever want to grow some and get back on Halo and dong, the invitation is open. Man up.

For the record I enjoyed when Trounce played like 10 games in MM with me Kyle and some others. We destroyed. He wasn't any better or worse than any of us top tier GAF players, regardless of his "placings". I mean really Me Kyle Tashi and Ram would easily place 7th in a MLolG combine.

I don't even dislike him nor have I read any of his posts outside of HaloGAF.

If he would have just stuck with getting on and donging with us he would be fine.

He went and ragequit Halo though. He didn't just quit a game, he threw his Xbox out the window (which I don't think was ever proven) and snapped his Reach disc. Thats a meltdown worthy of at least a bit of ridicule.
The most I've done is tossed a controller a little harder than I should have, and it didn't break.

So if you ever want to grow some and get back on Halo and dong, the invitation is open. Man up.

Personally, I just thought it was hilarious. I cannot fathom how someone could get so mad at a damn video game that they break the disc and throw their Xbox out the window. Funny stuff.

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics

foreveralone.jpg

As much as I love HaloGAF, it's pretty hard to muster the will to regularly post here since I really don't have any interest in Reach anymore aside from playing it if my buddies are playing.

We need new information to talk about with regards to Halo 4.

Like now.

Homeboyd

Attention! YES!

And to be fair, every time I read that xbl msg and picture someone throwing their Xbox out the window... I laugh. It's pretty damn funny.

Top Bottom