• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT7| What are They to Say Now?

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
You're asking the guy who thinks BXB is equivalent to high-level fighting game combos to save competitive Halo. It'll be another AR bonanza cause hey, the AR is balanced during 343 playtesting!

The queen of drama, you are. Ironically, my personal philosophy is that "simple" sandbox stuff, like Ogre was abusing with dark magicks, is exactly the path for clever Halo MP.

I see a lot of Europe and UK-only offers too. I don't think the US is getting an unfair share. Or do you mean any region restricted promo is bullshit?
I think region restricted promos are bad, I remember reading the Forgetacular article, so excited until I read the "US only" line.

P.S: Turn friendly fire off in Living Dead.

P.S 2: Halo 4 needs some Clan system, silver accounts are weak sauce.

The Tattoo!
home-cookiedough.jpg

It's the Librarian's symbol. Sophie is now the Librarian.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
This is the vid of him doing one example of CE's nade tricks. This applies to powerups, weapons, and to go up a level.

at 39:45
http://www.twitch.tv/ogre2/b/303742914

I'm sure every competitive CE player knows this, but I just thought I would point it out in this thread.

I don't know any of the CE glitches or tricks. I just played FFA with my friends and we never learned any of that stuff. lol

edit; That was fuckin amazing hahahaha so cool.

Louis Wu

I don't know any of the CE glitches or tricks. I just played FFA with my friends and we never learned any of that stuff. lol

edit; That was fuckin amazing hahahaha so cool.
There was a movie from many years ago (2003?) showing 50 different tricks like this - exactly where to look before you threw, etc.

I lost my copy in a huge disk crash in 2005. :(

There's room for improvement, it would be really useful for some groips like ForgeHub, Blueprint or even HaloGAF.

Does MW2 has any kind of clan system?

Sorry I was just reminiscing. A legit clan system would be awesome for Halo 4. I think all CoD's clan system entails is putting whatever you want in front of your gamertag.

Tashi

There was a movie from many years ago (2003?) showing 50 different tricks like this - exactly where to look before you threw, etc.

I lost my copy in a huge disk crash in 2005. :(

WTF 50? I only know of like a couple from Halo 2. Rockets on Beaver Creek and Sniper on Lockout. That's all I got. I didn't even get "really good" at this game until Halo 3.

dc89

Anyone reading the thread that hasn't bought the game yet can do so for £7 from Morrisons (UK) and it's brand new and sealed!

Oh right. I remember practing nading Rockets into gold lift or gold 2. Wasn't very practical.
You could get it from the ramp down to where missile pod spawned in regular settings too

Sorry I was just reminiscing. A legit clan system would be awesome for Halo 4. I think all CoD's clan system entails is putting whatever you want in front of your gamertag.
Not all, you also get tons of double XP for getting clan experience

I'm so pissed of Living Dead betrayers, it's not funny anymore.

The game hit stores more than a year ago and 343i haven't turned Friendly Fire off, that easy.

You know what I'll do? I'll hop into the playlist and start betraying everyone, I'll keep betraying them for the whole match and the only way to stop me will be to betray me.

Maybe that way they'll see the light, understand how broken the system is and they'll come to cry over the forums about it, they'll tell everyone how pissed they are and how they can't do anything to stop it.

I'll sacrifice my Halo Honor just for the sake of it, I'll keep doing it until it is fixed or someone from 343 explains me why it hasn't been done yet.

I'll be Living Dead's Dark Knight, you can call me drama queen now.

I'm so pissed of Living Dead betrayers, it's not funny anymore.

The game hit stores more than a year ago and 343i haven't turned Friendly Fire off, that easy.

You know what I'll do? I'll hop into the playlist and start betraying everyone, I'll keep betraying them for the whole match and the only way to stop me will be to betray me.

Maybe that way they'll see the light, understand how broken the system is and they'll come to cry over the forums about it.

I'll sacrifice my Halo Honor just for the sake of it, I'll keep doing it until it is fixed or someone from 343 explains me why it hasn't been done yet.

I'll be Living Dead's Dark Knight, you can call me drama queen now.

Its FFA, so friendly fire doesn't do much I think.

They could turn on betrayel booting though but apparently the glitch leaves what we have now as the best path?

Which I think is wrong but whatever.

Hey You

They just need to turn it off along with betrayal booting. The glitch will occur but I'm sure most of the living dead players (myself included) would rather have the glitch over FF on.

Well the best path would be for them to fix the glitch that is currently breaking their most popular playlist.

Second best path yes would be to turn on betrayel booting and if you get the glitch and get booted, yea that sucks.

Third path is what they have now.

Well the best path would be for them to fix the glitch that is currently breaking their most popular playlist.

Second best path yes would be to turn on betrayel booting and if you get the glitch and get booted, yea that sucks.

Third path is what they have now.

OR they'd tweak humans and infected damage modifier and resistance values so that it'd take more than 4 blasts from the shotgun to betray an human.

I easily came up with this while Bungie/343's group of talented people haven't even mentioned it. That's what really bugs me, they have the tools but refuse to use them.

ElRenoRaven

So um yea. I wasn't a fan of Annivesary's manual but dear god I've finally seen worse.

A friend sent me a copy of Gears of War 3 for Christmas. It's manual is literally a cover. That's it. You open it and warnings on the inside of front cover then controls on inside of back cover.

Someone actually put out a worse damn manual then 343 managed to with Anniversary.

So um yea. I wasn't a fan of Annivesary's manual but dear god I've finally seen worse.

A friend sent me a copy of Gears of War 3 for Christmas. It's manual is literally a cover. That's it. You open it and warnings on the inside of front cover then controls on inside of back cover.

Someone actually put out a worse damn manual then 343 managed to with Anniversary.
Have you played a EA Games this year? Alice: Madness Return doesn't have one. It just a 4 site paper with information about the warranty. Nothing about the game...

ElRenoRaven

Have you played a EA Games this year? Alice: Madness Return doesn't have one. It just a 4 site paper with information about the warranty. Nothing about the game...

Nope. First EA game I've bought in years is Bulletstorm during the Steam sale here for 5 bucks. That was also entirely for Epic since i like their games. lol

Booshka

Games are expensive dude. It is funny how Shadowrun has a better manual than almost all of the games I have bought since then. They are really cutting back on them. The cases are much thinner and cheaper as well.

Games are expensive dude. It is funny how Shadowrun has a better manual than almost all of the games I have bought since then. They are really cutting back on them. The cases are much thinner and cheaper as well.
Nearly every Ubisoft game arrvived with a broken case. Even if I get a replacement, it is broken because it is cheap and even a baby can destroy it with their fingers.

heckfu

Banned

EA went green right before this years Tiger Woods came out and have included in-game manuals since. I think that's pretty awesome of them.

As for Gears there isn't REALLY a need for manuals for a third installment of a game that has stuck to a basic formula.

Tashi

I like my big manuals. I always look through them and love the care that goes into them when done right. I feel like I've been ripped off if my manual is like 7 pages long.

In game manuals are the way to go.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
I kept checking the X3: Terran Conflict manual every five minutes whilst playing the game for the first twenty hours. It was chunky.

I don't think I've even spent an hour total reading all my recent console game manuals over the past few years.

That said, I used to love reading manuals back in the Mega Drive days back when the manuals had extra content about the story, tips and secrets and stuff.

Screw you A27 Tawpgun stealing my thunder.

Got some codes to give away to HaloGAF tonight, pm if interested. (one per person unless no others ask)

Grunt Funeral Skull (Halo CE:A)
Master Chief Avatar Armor (Male)
Master Chief Avatar Armor (Female)
Halo Anniversary Map Pack (Halo : Reach)

All codes are from a UK edition of the Halo CE:A may or may not work with US versions.

Top Bottom