• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT7| What are They to Say Now?

As much as I love HaloGAF, it's pretty hard to muster to the will to regularly post here since I really don't have any interest in Reach anymore aside from playing it if my buddies are playing.

We need new information to talk about with regards to Halo 4.

Like now.
The topics are even the same. I ain't joining them because I know how they end. But if it is about fiction, I always take part.

For the record I enjoyed when Trounce played like 10 games in MM with me Kyle and some others. We destroyed. He wasn't any better or worse than any of us top tier GAF players, regardless of his "placings". I mean really Me Kyle Tashi and Ram would easily place 7th in a MLolG combine.

I don't even dislike him nor have I read any of his posts outside of HaloGAF.

If he would have just stuck with getting on and donging with us he would be fine.

He went and ragequit Halo though. He didn't just quit a game, he threw his Xbox out the window (which I don't think was ever proven) and snapped his Reach disc. Thats a meltdown worthy of at least a bit of ridicule.

The most I've done is tossed a controller a little harder than I should have, and it didn't break.

So if you ever want to grow some and get back on Halo and dong, the invitation is open. Man up.
Oh he seems perfectly fine, just really immature. Next time I hope he films his rage.

feel

As much as I love HaloGAF, it's pretty hard to muster the will to regularly post here since I really don't have any interest in Reach anymore aside from playing it if my buddies are playing.

Like now.
The first Halo 4 info should be landing sometime in the next 8 months, hold tight!

fuck this wait 343i!!!!!! :(

Donat

Neo Member
Hey guys! I know I'm late for giving out christmas gifts but I still have my Anniversary map pack code from CEA and I want to give it away. Who wants it?

Hey guys! I know I'm late for giving out christmas gifts but I still have my Anniversary map pack code from CEA and I want to give it away. Who wants it?

If no one needs it, then I'd like to have them. I'm gonna get a code for the maps in a few weeks/months when a friend of mine buys the game, but it's annoying to constantly swap discs. I'll give out my code as soon as I get it.

As much as I love HaloGAF, it's pretty hard to muster the will to regularly post here since I really don't have any interest in Reach anymore aside from playing it if my buddies are playing.

Like now.

Same here. I still post occasionally, but dammit, Reach just doesn't do it for me anymore. I made myself a cozy winter lair in the Skyrim OT for now.

Also, hell yeah for the Primordium chapters. Reading 'em now. Got the Anniversary soundtrack playing and everything.

Goddamit! I spent 45 minutes, not trying to die on the Library for the achievement, and at the last part, a stupid rocket launcher flood kills me. RAAGGGGGEEEEEE!!!!

kylej

Banned
I mean really Me Kyle Tashi and Ram would easily place 7th in a MLolG combine.

Of course. But the only person who believed in me was Boss Nasti.

6a00d8341c630a53ef0133f22e171a970b-500wi

I'm joining Outplayed You.

So, Primordium... I think there's little to no doubt we'll be seeing
the Didact, either as an enemy or at the very least making a major appearance
. Interesting.

Also, holy shit at
Chakas being an A.I. in the present. I love how the story actually takes place in the present now
. I'm wondering if we'll find out what happened to Bornstellar in this book, or if we'll have to wait until next year...

I even got a lesson in trust (which I may or may not clip and post on here later :p).

Also, we still want to see that amazing pro-pipe kill!
I guess he wants to hear my Primordium Excerpt reading first. Even when Hydra asked for it, I think he wanted it more and sent Hydra a message to ask me.

TheOddOne

I wouldn't mind more stories that explored the Fall of Reach... But they'd have to be about more interesting people than goddamn Noble Team. And, you know, not break the canon again. And again. And again.

But Reach gameplay? Eh.
Would be mindblowing if 343 tried Halo games not tied to the main story. A self contained story, with unique gameplay elements would be awesome.

Doubt it will happen, but would LOVE IT.

I wouldn't mind more stories that explored the Fall of Reach... But they'd have to be about more interesting people than goddamn Noble Team. And, you know, not break the canon again. And again. And again.

But Reach gameplay? Eh.

I honestly couldn't see myself being excited about a game which actively and purposefully was designed around being built over the Reach gameplay.

I mean, im a sucker for Halo games and all, and would probably buy it, but I would feel dirty. I would actually resent the idea of getting it, yet still would, and I know how stupid that sounds, I would only be doing it for the story and theres only so much I would take before I lose interest. Screw the 5 people who like Reach, just make the proper sequel to Halo 3 already. :p

I want more Reach esque sidegames, but it would be great if they had they're own brand of gameplay, like I wish ODST had more stealthy elements.

FyreWulff

How can a game return to it's roots when the fanbase can't even agree on what that is?

I honestly couldn't see myself being excited about a game which actively and purposefully was designed around being built over the Reach gameplay.

That'd be me with Halo 3 gameplay. Because we can still play Halo 3. Something new plz

Homeboyd

I mean, im a sucker for Halo games and all, and would probably buy it, but I would feel dirty. Theres only so much I would take before I lose interest.

I want more Reach esque sidegames, but it would be great if they had they're own brand of gameplay, like I wish ODST had more stealthy elements.
I just love that he mentioned "Halo Reach 2" and "Halo Reach 3" and then listed the worst parts about Readg being continued into those games.

Mustbtroll

Would be mindblowing if 343 tried Halo games not tied to the main story. A self contained story, with unique gameplay elements would be awesome.

Doubt it will happen, but would LOVE IT.

Heh, a Spec-Ops Elite game would be pretty awesome.

Heck, I'd settle for a new (more interesting) team of Spartans doing awesome shit. Use it to explain the plot holes in Reach and we're all set.

TheOddOne

Heh, a Spec-Ops Elite game would be pretty awesome.

Heck, I'd settle for a new (more interesting) team of Spartans doing awesome shit. Use it to explain the plot holes in Reach and we're all set.
I've been playing the Metroid games and truth be told I would love a Halo in that style, but ofcouse with its own unique twist on the formula.

Stuff on paper sound awesome but if the execution is shit, then it's shit. Glad I'm not in charge of those big franchises.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
What Halo 4 can learn from...

Halo 4 needs a sex appeal slider like Saint's Row The Third. And vehicle jacking should have a nice 2 second clip of yourslef slamming the enemie's head against the wheel or chucking them out the windshield.

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
What Halo 4 can learn from...

Halo 4 needs a sex appeal slider like Saint's Row The Third. And vehicle jacking should have a nice 2 second clip of yourslef slamming the enemie's head against the wheel or chucking them out the windshield.

Cortana slipping Chief steroids and HGH during cryo-sleep?

I've placed in every Halo except CE.

My best placing was probably at the Nashville Combine in 2010 where I got 7th. Lost to Ninjas team by 1 flag cap for top 4. Beat Victorious Secret (who won every combine thereafter), Adrenaline, Lethul, and Elitest's team AND zNightmares team.

Team name was High Performance you can look it up. I also play with top AM players every day. Hate all you want GAF there's no getting around it. I'm just the best.

LOL at the stupid ass gifs. Not funny in the slightest.

What was your best placing in 2 and 3? I used to play against top AM players and pros in halo 3 pretty often but I never could make it to an MLG tournament.

Okay, my little cousin is over, so we decided to play mw3 (apart from my personal dislike for the game) the split screen is terrible!

We moved onto reach, and well bravo bungie, for making a more than competent allowance for split screen players in terms of clarity, pov and general experience.

Robert, you made me laugh, when you came blazing into party to question my choice of game.

Oh and hyper...

6151506255_44b09d98bf_z.jpg

Okay, my little cousin is over, so we decided to play mw3 (apart from my personal dislike for the game) the split screen is terrible!

We moved onto reach, and well bravo bungie, for making a more than competent allowance for split screen players in terms of clarity, pov and general experience.

Robert, you made me laugh, when you came blazing into party to question my choice of game.

Oh and hyper...

http://farm7.staticflickr.com/6195/6151506255_44b09d98bf_z.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]
What does that mean?

Played some couch co-op with buddies tonight, noting special reach feels stale to me.
Finally got to put sometime into skyrim (even if it was an hour) and just spent the whole time stealing everything.

Bethesda do a good job at making a huge world but it needs to be much more fleshed out.
One region feels old hat now.

Some kind of Game of Thrones esq landscape in which the regions are smaller but more populated and diverse. Travel from a Rome/Greek inspired region to a Nordic Region and from there to Feudal Asia Region ect. Coliseums, Castles, Pyramids and Temples just mash history together and add in orcs and elves.

As for Halo, well im a bit .. detached from the series currently, most reach games dont have that fun factor for me any more im left either carrying a team +10 better than the 2nd best player, getting screwed over because of jumping between playlists and not adjusting to 4 beat down kills fast enough or just plain playing crappy.

Iv been hologram fooling fools lately which is fun its a welcome distraction to see scrubs get tricked.

Halo 4 cant come soon enough, I should read the books while i wait but honestly i get easily distracted when reading and iv still only managed to finish FoR.

What are these cheevos from?
image.axd

Top Bottom