• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT7| What are They to Say Now?

Ramirez

Played some FFA Anny last night after nothing but MLG and MY GOD do you walk slow and the gunplay is like watching old people have sex, feels bad man.

PNut

Banned
Sitting in H3 customs lobby if anyone wants to play a friendly 1v1 or something (juices or Ram?). Random I know, just killing time before a RR spot opens up.

PNut d kidnaper

How can a game return to it's roots when the fanbase can't even agree on what that is?

That'd be me with Halo 3 gameplay. Because we can still play Halo 3. Something new plz
343 just needs to give us enough options to make us all happy. Weapon specific base traits (nades included), loadout specific base traits, toggable fall damage... OPTIONS!

Configurararmas.jpg

As Fyre said, I don't want to play Halo 3.5

I'm at work, be home in 90 minutes to drink and dong for 2-3 hours.

Hopefully some people will make it on tonight. Ram was the only one last night and he wasn't accepting my invites!

feel

I want a game that feels like a very improved sequel to Halo 3. Forget Reach exists, that was not a Halo.
343 just needs to give us enough options to make us all happy. Weapon specific base traits (nades included), loadout specific base traits, toggable fall damage... OPTIONS!

Configurararmas.jpg

Enough with the millions of gameplay variants and the millions of shitty user made grey/brown maps. The core game should be the same for everyone across all the modes. Reach is such a mess compared to all the other popular online games.

FyreWulff

Configurararmas.jpg

I think an user-changeable weapon would be neat, but not any of the mainline weapons. What they should do is make a "Custom Rifle", "Custom Pistol", and "Custom Grenade" that are obviously not any of the other weapons and allow you to change the parameters of them. Essentially building off the concept of the Custom Powerup.

Otherwise you just end up confusing players like 343 did with the Reach 1.1 where the pistol acts 3 different ways in one playlist but looks the same in all modes. I like picking up a weapon or seeing someone with a weapon and knowing exactly how to react to it.

Good news! after tweaking Infection's options I think I hit the right spot.

Humans' damage modifier and infected's damage resistance was not modified in order to keep Shotgun's deadly range the same. Zombies do 300% more damage while humans are 1000% more resistant.

It takes 49 magnum shots or 9 direct shotgun blasts to betray someone, no more jerks betraying you for their camp spot.

Link to the gametype

Some kind of Game of Thrones esq landscape in which the regions are smaller but more populated and diverse. Travel from a Rome/Greek inspired region to a Nordic Region and from there to Feudal Asia Region ect. Coliseums, Castles, Pyramids and Temples just mash history together and add in orcs and elves.

Fun fact, Bethesda was approached about doing a licensed Song of Ice and Fire open-world RPG, but decided they wanted complete freedom to do whatever they wanted, and that project they did was Skyrim.

Skyrim has some ASOIAS influence in it for sure though.
Assassin's Creed: No Revelations.

Really? That's a shame, I'm early in the game, sequence 3 I think, and I've done 2 of Desmond's sequences. Enjoying it so far, I get so sucked into AC games.

FyreWulff

Humans' damage modifier and infected's damage resistance was not modified in order to keep Shotgun's deadly range the same. Zombies do 300% more damage while humans are 1000% more resistant.

It takes 49 magnum shots and 9 direct shotgun blasts to betray someone, no more jerks betraying you for their camp spot.

Link to the gametype

Now just delete the pistol from it and you have perfection

Christmas really gave the anniversary playlists a shot in the arm.

Good thing all those people have the Reach: Mythic disc that came with Anniversary so that they raise the population of the entire game oh wai-

Good work if we can test this a bunch soon we could then try and get it into MM to fix Living Dead up.

Umm why would you do that? Pistol has always been in zombies.

I don't know what Zombies you played in Halo 2 but the ones I played with HBO and PA were always shotguns and swords only. Add the fact now that all new Zombie gametypes are TU settings meaning now humans have 85% bloom pistols that reduce when crouched, and then add onto that where Alpha Zombies is the main gametype of Infection now where the Zombies ONLY have sprint (so they don't even have evade anymore to counter the sniper pistols), forcing humans to actually cooperate instead of sniping from on top of a light post would raise my enjoyment of the Living Dead gametype dramatically.

The Halo 3 variant had pistols but the Halo 3 pistol also had spread and shot really slow. I never liked the pistol in that one either. But then again we had gametypes in Halo 3 where the humans got goddamn Battle Rifles.

heckfu

Banned
Really? That's a shame, I'm early in the game, sequence 3 I think, and I've done 2 of Desmond's sequences. Enjoying it so far, I get so sucked into AC games.

I think I've started 3 different AC games each time so excited to play and haven't finished a single one. Just too repetitive in my book.

On the other hand...dat Skyward Sword...SO GOOD.

It takes 49 magnum shots and 9 direct shotgun blasts to betray someone, no more jerks betraying you for their camp spot.

Link to the gametype

Good work if we can test this a bunch soon we could then try and get it into MM to fix Living Dead up.

Now just delete the pistol from it and you have perfection

Umm why would you do that? Pistol has always been in zombies.

GhaleonEB

I think an user-changeable weapon would be neat, but not any of the mainline weapons. What they should do is make a "Custom Rifle", "Custom Pistol", and "Custom Grenade" that are obviously not any of the other weapons and allow you to change the parameters of them. Essentially building off the concept of the Custom Powerup.

Otherwise you just end up confusing players like 343 did with the Reach 1.1 where the pistol acts 3 different ways in one playlist but looks the same in all modes. I like picking up a weapon or seeing someone with a weapon and knowing exactly how to react to it.

While I don't think we need those kinds of options, in and of itself they are not the issue so long as they were deployed consistently (as has been the case in every Halo game until the Anniversary playlists). I think the request for that kind of thing ramped up when Reach came out because the base traits and core mechanics were, um, different than past Halo games and people wanted to go back. So long as the core game is solid and deployed consistently I'm all for oodles of options.

Ramirez

I'm at work, be home in 90 minutes to drink and dong for 2-3 hours.

Hopefully some people will make it on tonight. Ram was the only one last night and he wasn't accepting my invites!

Me and Therms were doubling up MLG, we seem to get easier games with just two of us!

I think I've started 3 different AC games each time so excited to play and haven't finished a single one. Just too repetitive in my book.

Took me a while to get through the first one, but I absolutely love the structure of 2, brohood, and this one. Its a great open world setup in my opinion.

CyReN

Just got back from a MLG Michigan LAN hosted by Brutus,We had about 13-15 people at a time. Speaking of MLG settings: NBNS feels SOOO GOOD on LAN, only problem with MLG settings now is: over powered Pistol, evade, and the maps. The only thing that sucks is we couldn't lan Beaver Creek, I <3 you 343 but I wish you would have done Anniversary MP like ODST H3 MP disk.

Here are some pictures:

4v4 Station
W7pbF.jpg

7I5FT.jpg

VOhAl.jpg

zyGxg.jpg

5t0PB.jpg

54d8k.jpg

H1/HR 2v2 Station

Ypo6i.jpg

KZ79v.jpg

kDbtp.jpg

iOzpH.jpg

fcjWh.jpg

Sai-kun

Banned

Total opposite with me :lol I burned through AC so fast, and I haven't even gotten into the first dungeon of SS. It's so damn boring :lol

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
I finished AC1 and 2 in a weekend each, which I normally never do. Brotherhood took around a month, and Revelations should be shipped soon (20$ on Boxing Day, love you Ubisoft). It's a repetitive series, but what you're doing is often so entertaning that you never worry or care about the fact that you've done it before. I also love history and architecture, so the setting in each of the games is always a draw.

Strangely, there seems to be a lot of negativity surrounding Skyward Sword from Nintendo fans. I'm not going to be playing it myself, due to...fuck sub-HD games, but I am watching a playthrough on Youtube, and it's charming, at least.

Tawpgun

Assassins Creed is probably my favorite new IP of this gen.

Loved all of them despite their obvious issues.

Playing through revelations now.

Just got back from a MLG Michigan LAN hosted by Brutus,We had about 13-15 people at a time. Speaking of MLG settings: NBNS feels SOOO GOOD on LAN, only problem with MLG settings now is: over powered Pistol, evade, and the maps. The only thing that sucks is we couldn't lan Beaver Creek, I <3 you 343 but I wish you would have done Anniversary MP like ODST H3 MP disk.

Here are some pictures:
Awesome, i've always wanted to go to one of his LANs, but its just too far to drive.

I wish people in west michigan lan'd as much as you east michigan guys do.

heckfu

Banned
Strangely, there seems to be a lot of negativity surrounding Skyward Sword from Nintendo fans. I'm not going to be playing it myself, due to...fuck sub-HD games, but I am watching a playthrough on Youtube, and it's charming, at least.

it's incredible.
but you're right, the non HD-ness would kill you in this game.

Tawpgun

Can we take the MLG NS settings as are... Add radar... and make it another gametype?

Because I love the MLG settings but I keep running into organized teams...

heckfu

Banned
just a heads up, if you have a 3ds and are friends with tunavi all he'll do is send you swapnotes about how much you suck. and penises.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Top Ducky from Michigan? Yea known him for years, really laid back guy.
Him, I and a two others were on a "team" back in late H2, early H3. Course we all had shit ass internet back then. Good kid, best out of our group easily. Also one of the best damn names out there.

CyReN

Him, I and a two others were on a "team" back in late H2, early H3. Course we all had shit ass internet back then. Good kid, best out of our group easily. Also one of the best damn names out there.

I don't know how his area is now but back in 08/09 when I used to drive over to Kalamazoo to LAN all Saturday at his friends house Raider they had very very bad internet or none at all at some of the houses. They lived in a very nice area too, guess it was too rural.

Funny story with him involved (if you got a weak stomach stop reading): At one LAN we drove up there (2 hour drive) and there was Raider cat. The thing was the anti-christ if I have seen any. Anyways I was recovering from a cold I had and I'm allergic to cats (nothing bad just my eyes get red) and me and him got into a bit of trash talking back and fourth during a intense CTF game. I started coughing a lot after yelling at him and slightly threw up on myself. I continued playing like a champion..after the game when I got up to clean up the cat chased me around the basement to the bathroom for a few minutes. Good times.

FyreWulff

I thought MLG had party restrictions? Teams of 4 get matched with teams of 4 usually? No?

I swear MLG had Max Party 4 and Big Party on. I'm looking at it right now though and it's max party 8. 343 forget something when they updated it?

edit: the Wayback Machine is useless, it only crawled the playlists page twice, and near launch when there was no MLG playlist yet.

Trasher

That Trounce stuff is pure GAF gold.

Also, you gained some points today, Tashi. Link to the Past. Good taste, sir. I might have to start not hating you now.

Well that seems kind of broken

Yeah, but not the restrictions o was referring to though. You can take 8 into anni classic or TO, but parties of 4 will still match up with parties of 4, something that isn't present in MLG as far as I'm aware. Whenever I've gone in there solo I've matched up against a TO4 almost everytime.

FyreWulff

Yeah, but not the restrictions o was referring to though. You can take 8 into anni classic or TO, but parties of 4 will still match up with parties of 4, something that isn't present in MLG as far as I'm aware. Whenever I've gone in there solo I've matched up against a TO4 almost everytime.

Yeah, that's Big Party Size (when looking at the playlist information). Amusingly, it's on in Double Team (where it's set to 2) but not on in either of the Big Team Battle lists.

Top Bottom