• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT7| What are They to Say Now?

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
You are going to get strafing hemorrhoids.

Yes that with even more info. I don't understand why they took that out after 2. :/
Because if they inform people how to play, then they just might play something that isn't Slayer.

WE CANT HAVE THAT

daedalius

The only thing I like about vanilla at this point is the fact that bullet bleedthrough doesn't happen, and health packs actually work.

I don't know if melee bleedthrough and no-bullet bleedthrough can coexist. If possible, I would prefer not to have bullet bleedthrough, but I definitely would keep melee bleedthrough.

100% bloom is horrific tho, 85% is decent, ZB is best.

RPJ we can see you your not strange anymore.

Edit: well not a stranger, still pretty strange ...

Edit 2 : Top row like a boss

Nice, just found myself. I'm on top of GAF's logo.

I may change mine to my CK like one :lol
P1010038.jpg

No, I'm not jelly of Plywood ;)

So the menu UI could look sexier.

Reach's UI is the best looking one, I booted up Halo 3 last night after 10 months and I was freaking out by how messy and ugly menus were.

Blue and orange everywhere, hugeass fonts... not cool.

I hope they get rid of the blue menus for H4 and give us some Alien/Forerunner concept ala Reach.

neoism

Real talk, I want to hear reasons why.

Because it was intended is not a reason. Concrete gameplay examples of why vanilla settings are better.

Sorry man, I don't really do wall of text or explain why. Vanilla is better, because I enjoy it more. Plain and simple. I love REACH not the TU stuff. The one play-list I play the most...meh... Didn't think they would change all the play-lists to TU :/ Will play the DLC required, but still RIP BTB

daedalius

So was there a backlash against correcting the huge spread the BR had in Halo 2, like we have reducing 100% bloom down to 85% now?

Maybe there wasn't as much bitching because the internet-bitching-about-everything wasn't as easily possible back in... whatever year that happened.

Real talk, I want to hear reasons why.

Because it was intended is not a reason. Concrete gameplay examples of why vanilla settings are better.

Its not too complicated I'll explain it in short. Remember whether or not you like Vanilla Reach settings and how it plays is entirely your opinion but this is why.

Entire sandbox was built around weapons damage and rof and so on, throwing no/low bloom into the mix distorts it.

A lot of weapons, abilities, are basically the same but then have diff pros and cons in different ways. This is also distorted and the balance is thrown off.

Whether you agree with the way everything that was balanced to begin with is also completely opinions.

I mean in this case neoism just seems to like vanilla settings better. Thats the way the game was originally intended to play like.

feel

Reach's UI is the best looking one, I booted up Halo 3 last night after 10 months and I was freaking out by how messy and ugly menus were.

Blue and orange everywhere, hugeass fonts... not cool.

I hope they get rid of the blue menus for H4 and give us some Alien/Forerunner concept ala Reach.

booooooooooo at every opinion in this post

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I'm with Gabo. Reach UI is best UI, both functionally and aesthetically.

feel

I preferred the blue + 3d backgrounds + minimalistic text, it looked so classy imo. Grey/green + grainy 2d backgrounds + clusterfuck of text and shapes just screams generic dudebro cod-like shooter to me. Having to shift the whole menu left and right rubs me the wrong way too for some reason.

I do realize I'm alone on this. :p

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
With Marcus Lehto at Reach's helm, it's no surprise the UI is bloody gorgeous. Stylistically, I think I preferred Halo 3's minimal and purposely muted approach but Reach's UI is just a joy to look at and use.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
With Larcus Lehto at Reach's helm, it's no surprise the UI is bloody gorgeous. Stylistically, I think I preferred Halo 3's minimal and purposely muted approach but Reach's UI is just a joy to look at and use.

UI? Don't we have Candland to thank for that?

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
UI? Don't we have Candland to thank for that?

I was just thinking that with Lehto being the Creative Director on Reach, with his history as Art Director and art background, and with the UI being the element a typical player spends a long time with, I'm not surprised at how awesome it is and how sweet it frames concept art. Of course Candland worked his magic implementing it.

heckfu

Banned
I know that Andrew Davis did a lot for the Reach UI and I personally think it's incredible too. At least halo doesn't reuse the same UI for every game.

I recently noticed that in my chair, I sway my body slightly to how I'm strafing in game. It's kinda weird but I can't stop it lol

I used to lean forward with every melee. Still do a little but not as much as I used to.

I lean when I strafe in FPS games and when I turn in racing games.

I'm just glad Kinect isn't tracking me during multiplayer.
...or is it?

vhfive

Right heeere. Im out of beer here and ive had too many to go get more. :(

I can't connect to xbox live :/
is it down for everyone else

EDIT:
CONNECTED HOORAY NONW SONEONE PALY REACH WIT ME

EDIT2: I was gonna edit my spelling errors but fuck it i dont give a shit

senador

Banned
so weird playing other multiplayer games without active roster. How am I supposed to know when the match is over, when should I join, is there even room for me to join?

First world problems

For sure. BF3's system for partying up sucks balls.

So 343 going to be at CES? I know they probably said, didn't see anything yet.

Frankie said there will be no Halo 4 at CES.

With Marcus Lehto at Reach's helm, it's no surprise the UI is bloody gorgeous. Stylistically, I think I preferred Halo 3's minimal and purposely muted approach but Reach's UI is just a joy to look at and use.

Taking the concept art, adding the 'depth' to them and using them as backgrounds was simply gorgeous.

Speaking of UI, fuckin Active Roster > everything ever

Yeah it's pretty awesome. I do wish that you could push a button to pull up active roster when you are already in a game lobby or searching for one though.

EDIT: nevermind, I'm in.

Keikaku

Looking to get into Reach but I haven't played a Halo MP game in 3-4 years. Hope to play with some of you guys in 2 weeks to a month.

Tashi, take me under your wing!

Top Bottom