• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT7| What are They to Say Now?

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Click on the Community tab and then on the number of replies next to this thread.

Tashi0106 890
FyreWulff 747
Hypertrooper 691
StalkerUKCG 645
Steelyuhas 539
daedalius 476
Dax01 462
TheOddOne 461
Letters 444
heckfu 423

We should start doing the walls of shame like the other OTs do when they jump into a new thread.
Sweet, I'm not in the top 10 this time.

Today Reach matchmade me with 2x Heroes, 1x Field Marshall, 1x Mythic, 1x Captain Grade 1, 1x Warrant Officer and a Corporal. Of course I had to play with the damn noobs. And we played on Hang'Em High. And of course the higher ranks camped at the top of Blue Base with Sniper or running through the corridors with the shotgun. Why do 2 shotguns spawn in the corridor again? I don't know how Matchmaking is working, but the game should not matchmake me with Captains, Corporals etc.

The game does not take your military "rank" into account for matchmaking, at all.

Sweet, I'm not in the top 10 this time.

I feel like I haven't been posting much, and I'm still 5 spot.

TheOddOne

I thought you dutch guys talk to each other? Robbert posted it yesterday already.
You Dutch guys? What do you mean with Dutch guys?

tropic_thunder_RDJ.jpg

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
MLG needs to remove the pistol. Holy fuck is it annoying. It just kills man, it's so fuckin fast and so fuckin strong. If you wanna keep it, put it on a fuckin 3 minute respawn timer. The worst part is that people are relying on them and they think that they're good because they get kills with it. They're abusing the game. PLEASE GO AWAY!

After the "BTS" Vidoc stuff 343 put out for Halo CE:A i was hoping for some kind of dev dairy,vidoc,BTS type stuff for Halo 4 starting with the new year and revealing something big and new every few months. Multiplayer, Forge, Firefight, Campaign.

Hope for this dream is slowly fading, none the less i have faith that Halo 4 will be great.

FyreWulff

MLG needs to remove the pistol. Holy fuck is it annoying. It just kills man, it's so fuckin fast and so fuckin strong. If you wanna keep it, put it on a fuckin 3 minute respawn timer. The worst part is that people are relying on them and they think that they're good because they get kills with it. They're abusing the game. PLEASE GO AWAY!

Dat bleedthrough that we still don't have an answer if it must be included with ZB or not

Dat bleedthrough that we still don't have an answer if it must be included with ZB or not

I dont see how, surely the two a completely separate variables. Why would they be coded together at all. Infact im fairly sure they are not, I remember back when i played around with the beta you could null weapon bloom and it had no visible effect on damage bleed.

The game does not take your military "rank" into account for matchmaking, at all.
I know but for me as a player, I can predicate if the player knows the map etc through the rank. I feel safer if I play against and with randoms of the nearly same rank.

Not seeing it posted here but Square Enix is going to release a Red and Blue version of the Master Chief Play-Arts Kai. I hope they don't have the same quality as the Master Chief. Master Chief was a disappointed product. The left arm has a wrong component.(Instead of a left shoulder part, my Master Chief has the right shoulder part on the left side.) Figure is very unstable. :(

Nothing crazy, It just confirmed a Master Chief and Cryotube set and a Cortana figure if I recall. Ill see if I can find the exact info.

Frozen Master Chief in Cryotube

Warthog

Case of 8 - Includes Master Chief and Cortana, the rest are TBD

There were a few other TBD box sets, but they had no product info at all.
Did you post it a few months ago? I thought it was Barrow Roll, but I was wrong again like always.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Nothing crazy, It just confirmed a Master Chief and Cryotube set and a Cortana figure if I recall. Ill see if I can find the exact info.

Frozen Master Chief in Cryotube

We also have preliminary listings up for McFarlane figures based on the upcoming Halo 4 video game. The first assortment is listed by case of 8 at $89.99, with early singles of Cortana and Master Chief available at $11.99 each. There will also be two Deluxe figures in the first assortment, and one of them will be Frozen Master Chief in Cryotube. In addition, there are two Deluxe Box Sets in Series 01, one of which is a Warthog.
3AQmK.gif

Adaption.png

Ill be buying everthing!. I really like the mcfarlane stuff. haters gunna hate.

Wondering if i should grab the Play Arts line. A large Chief + Noble team would be great to have. (need to fill my new shelves)
Noble Team= YES. Master Chief= NOPE. Shitty quality for mine and I asked a friend who has the figure too and he says that it has shitty quality too. But Barrow doesn't have any problems with his Master Chief. Maybe Europe gets the shitty quality and America gets the great quality like always.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Ill be buying everthing!. I really like the mcfarlane stuff. haters gunna hate.

Wondering if i should grab the Play Arts line. A large Chief + Noble team would be great to have. (need to fill my new shelves)

I've shied away from models. I have a rare model worth a few hundred monies that isn't Halo related, so I'll happily hunt down good 3D art. It's expensive though and thankfully I've resisted the temptation with Halo thus far.

It's only a matter of time before I can't resist any longer (and have the cash!).

GhaleonEB

losers. all of you.

Tunavi 390

15th place. So close!

Could you post it? Just upgraded to a new PC at work and for some reason I can't get into b.net due to a LiveID issue, and xbox.com is not loading.

That's the Bungie I've always loved. I'm very happy to see them come out against it.

Really glad to see they came out and statement where they stand on it.

Ah, SOPA stand, I'm guessing? Bravo.

^^ Ghaleon
Urk said:
At Bungie we to tend keep our collective nose out of state affairs. We can’t even come to a consensus on which bus line to take into Bellevue in the morning, let alone arrive at any unified conclusions regarding our equally congested political roadways. But we all agree that SOPA sucks. And we’re not alone.

In a clumsy effort to curtail online piracy, this messy piece of legislation will, if passed, negatively impact both the games we make and the people who play them. If that sounds like very bad news to you (and it should), we encourage you to take a few moments to learn more about SOPA by reading the bill itself, by visiting the Electronic Frontier Foundation for more information, and by contacting your representatives in United States Congress and the Senate to make your voice heard.

Bungie is opposed to any legislation that curtails free speech, stifles innovation, and prevents the open sharing of information on the Internet. SOPA fits that bill. If it passes, it will hurt our community, the gaming community at large, and it could very well cripple the kind of games we love to create and play.

Just like online piracy, that would be downright criminal.

Urk should've mentioned the Senate's counterpart, PIPA, but some good news came out today regarding that:

Senate Judiciary Chairman Patrick Leahy, D-Vt., said on Thursday he would remove a controversial provision from his bill that aims to crack down on piracy and counterfeiting on foreign websites.

Leahy told Vermont Public Radio he would be willing to remove language that would allow a court to order service providers to redirect U.S. users away from websites that are primarily used to offer pirated music, movies and other content and counterfeit goods. Critics, which include major tech firms such as Google, Facebook and Twitter, argue the provision in the Protect IP Act could undermine the integrity of the Internet and efforts to bolster the security of the domain name system. The website-blocking provision is similar to a tool now used by U.S. law enforcement to go after domestic websites that offer pirated or counterfeit products.

“I’ve authorized my staff to tell … the other senators that I’m willing to hold that back in the final piece of legislation,” Leahy said. “That in itself will remove a lot of the opposition that we now have.”

News can be found here.

Glad to see Senator Leahy coming around. He's one of my favorite senators – a genuine progressive in most cases (but that's motherfucking Vermont for you, God, what a kickass state) – and it's been hurting me to see to push through this kind of legislation.

kylej

Banned
having fun with the new Ass Creed. Not sure why people were down on it, seems as good as ever.

Ass Creed on new consoles gonna be sooooooooo goooooooooooooooooood

FyreWulff

I dont see how, surely the two a completely separate variables. Why would they be coded together at all. Infact im fairly sure they are not, I remember back when i played around with the beta you could null weapon bloom and it had no visible effect on damage bleed.

What we can do via quickly cooked mods and what 343 had the time to do, while preserving film and map variant compatibility are two separate things. Much like how bloomless guns were possible via modding, but of course they weren't compatible with unmodded games, nor could you watch films from normal Reach, because it would desync even if you got it to play. Modders can also selectively adjust bloom and/or spread on guns, while the 343 flag for 85%/ZB affects the DMR and NR at the same time.

At this point they have avoided all questions put forth, which I'd like to have seen answered. We don't know if they're separate parameters or if it's basically a "Activate Reach 1.1 stuff" flag and the game adopts the settings as a package.

One thing I noticed is that unlike other Megalo script functions, Zero Bloom remains in effect even after the 'Game Over' fires.

Could you post it? Just upgraded to a new PC at work and for some reason I can't get into b.net due to a LiveID issue, and xbox.com is not loading.

LiveID login availability is spotty today.

I've shied away from models. I have a rare model worth a few hundred monies that isn't Halo related, so I'll happily hunt down good 3D art. It's expensive though and thankfully I've resisted the temptation with Halo thus far.

It's only a matter of time before I can't resist any longer (and have the cash!).

I havnt got a lot currently iv been hunting down some of the rarer items like johnson and forge. ( i refuse to start collecting if i cant get the rare items i want.)

Heres my current collection

(Click to make bigger)

having fun with the new Ass Creed. Not sure why people were down on it, seems as good as ever.

Didn't quite grab me like of the last couple of game did. Still very good though, and the last third of the game is great, with an amazing climax scene.

Didn't quite grab me like of the last couple of game did. Still very good though, and the last third of the game is great, with an amazing climax scene.

No spoilers please, grabbed the Animus edition day 1 but i still havnt properly started AC:B i should get round to it but all i want to play at the moment is skyrim.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
I havnt got a lot currently iv been hunting down some of the rarer items like johnson and forge. ( i refuse to start collecting if i cant get the rare items i want.)

Heres my current collection

(Click to make bigger)

Here's my non-Halo statue (not my pic though). Only 300 made and impossible to buy these days. <3

dscn15056cp.gif

Noble Team= YES. Master Chief= NOPE. Shitty quality for mine and I asked a friend who has the figure too and he says that it has shitty quality too. But Barrow doesn't have any problems with his Master Chief. Maybe Europe gets the shitty quality and America gets the great quality like always.
You just call me American? smh

Although my figure did come from an American distributor. Which got their figures from a Japanese company. Which probably had it's figures made in a Chinese factory.

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics

I love Assassin's Creed, but damn, these base defense mini-games in Revelations are so stupid, repetitive, and boring. Do you have to do them in order to beat the main story?

GhaleonEB

RE: Halo Universe thread:

GhaleonEB said:
The current Reach OT thread in Community - the 7th - is nearing the thread cap of 20,000 posts.

Over the course of the year, discussion in the thread has expanded beyond a focus on Reach as other Halo content has been released. New novels, the CEA release, Halo 4 rumors/speculation, etc. have all become a large share of the threads. That's led to a lot of discussion about whether the next OT should be titled for Reach, or to be something along the lines of a broader Halo Universe thread.

Going with that framing for the thread would be less about changing the purpose of the OT and more about acknowledging the ongoing scope of discussion. My thought is the Reach OT's could be rebranded Halo Universe discussions until the release of Halo 4 (at which point we'd have a Halo 4 OT).

The intent wouldn't be to replace ongoing or future Halo threads, but rather to make it clear that discussion of all things Halo is okay in the thread.

Please let me know what you think - I'll probably need to post the next OT late tonight or tomorrow.

Regards,

~Ben

duckroll said:
That sounds pretty much in-line with how we view the evolving function of the Community forum. As fans of specific franchises get together and discuss about something over a long period of time, the scope of the discussions tend to expand. To prevent such discussions (which are totally valid, but simply off topic in many threads) from derailing actual news threads about new products in such a franchise, we have started encouraging Community Franchise threads for most of the bigger (and smaller but with a strong niche) game franchises.

So what you are suggesting is certainly welcome, and would definitely be consistent with what is expected of discussions which take place in the Community forum anyway. Feel free. :)

There it is.

Commence arguing about thread titles.

Top Bottom