• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT7| What are They to Say Now?

Sai-kun

Banned
heckfu said:
It goes to Tashi! Send me your address man and I'll try and have it shipped Saturday.

wow you're the worst junior member i have ever seen in the entire history of neo gaming age forums you were supposed to rig the contest so i would win

emot-frogout.gif

Karl2177 said:
haha. Hug?

getin.001.gif

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Ramirez said:
I thought Tashi only wanted stickers and keychains!

lol hey, don't hate! They're cooler than that grunt plushy thing

Don't hurt me

lol fair enough plywood

And I guess I should pay it forward. This is for US only as well, I'm scared of international shipping costs and what they might be

Giving away that Awesome Halo novel 3 pack for Free. PM me if you want it.

First Strike
The Flood
Fall of Reach

I'll pick a winner before I go to bed tonight so message me if you'd like your name thrown in the hat.

It's weird to think that when Greg Bear and Karen Traviss finish their trilogies I'll have twelve Halo novels on my shelf. Thirteen if you count Evolutions as a novel.

Of course, after Halo 5 and 6 come out I'll have eleven game cases on my shelf that say "Halo". (Counting Halo Wars and the Halo 2 map pack.) And that's assuming we don't get another Halo Wars, ODST, or CEA type game.

Homeboyd

Can we get a confirmation of the forge palette available for each map (unless there is something yet to be revealed)? I figured, less than two weeks out we could get some details about what forge limitations these maps will have.

I've seen a few posts about Timberland having the full FW palette, but never by an official source. Even still, I would imagine they'd have to be skinned slightly different to match the environment if true.

Yes, I know about the tree...

Zoolader

Homeboyd said:
I've seen a few posts about Timberland having the full FW palette, but never by an official source. Even still, I would imagine they'd have to be skinned slightly different to match the environment if true.

Yes, I know about the tree...

TREES!!!! I've been waiting for that to be included since Foundry was shown for H3. Imagine how less bland all these forge world maps would be with foliage! I can only hope this is a small glimpse of whats to come in Halo 4's forge/map editor.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Havok said:
Jesus, your Frankie erotica folder must be huge.

ncsuDuncan said:
And that's assuming we don't get another Halo Wars, ODST, or CEA type game.
Huh, I wonder if we will. With Halo on a two year cycle now, I wonder if they'll have time or enough commercial interest to put out a side game.

ElRenoRaven

Zoolader said:
TREES!!!! I've been waiting for that to be included since Foundry was shown for H3. Imagine how less bland all these forge world maps would be with foliage! I can only hope this is a small glimpse of whats to come in Halo 4's forge/map editor.

I hear for Halo 4 they've heard our cries and it's an entirely purple forge pallet and not grey like the one in Reach.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
FyreWulff said:
Not talking about in-game challenges. There's the SLASO/HighSpeedHalo community and sites like Halocharts and my own FTZ that have campaign challenges.

Library behind Kinect paywall - I don't like it, but it doesn't split or affect the community.

Sergeant Johnson in ODST - Just a skin, doesn't split or change gameplay

Reach's preorder/first shipment Recon helmet and Gamestop - just a visual/skin element, doesn't affect gameplay.

A skull being locked up - This would be like locking Catch or Mythic behind a retailer bonus and splits the community, since non-preorder SLASOs would be at a different difficulty level than preorder SLASOs.

I would have preferred an avatar item or given everyone a code that unlocks the full Mark 5 getup in Reach's armory without having to buy the pieces over locking away a skull. Just saiyan'

It'd also be nice if the Johnson and Gamestop armor/Recon helmet were just made open downloads, but that's for another post

You won't believe this, but we didn't lock away a skull, we added it. Kinect was added too. A lot of stuff was piled on through sher ebullience and wanton disregard for the realities of production.. The philosophical issue to folks who care about this stuff may be that it doesn't matter how or why it ended up that way, just that it did. But somebody somewhere will actually feel better about the fact that when asked if we could add something as preorder incentive that was meaningful, without actually affecting the game for anyone else, we added this.

It's a subtle distinction, but I think ultimately a meaningful one, albeit to a very few folks,

Homeboyd

OuterWorldVoice said:
Remember Bender met Evil Bender and it turned out Evil Bender was nowhere near as evil as regular Bender?
But which universe is this? And perhaps you believe you are the good Spock in Universe A and the evil Spock resides in the parallel Universe B, when you could be an evil Spock in Universe A and in Universe B there could be another Spock even more evil than you. So evil, in fact, he's considered good.

neoism

Hypertrooper said:
Are there any gamestype with exclusive weapons? I don't think so.

And link to the Bulletin
wow that vid was lovely... even though I'll miss sprint the walking speed actually looked fast... Anyone know what the speed is set to on Anniversary slayer?....
Map looks gorgeous.
Also welcome back Ghal your ban wasn't warranted

lybertyboy said:
The Halo: CE pistol had a form of bloom that wasn't shown visually. We're merely replicating that as close as possible in the Anniversary gametype.

I assume that the bloom on the "CE magnum" in CEA is resetting at about the speed you can fire the weapon by individually pulling the trigger for each shot. Correct?

daedalius said:

The melee in CE is less powerful than in the sequels.

Tashi

Errrrr plywood is that Emilia girl the actress who plays Dany? I just had a fuckin moment of clarity. Lol

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Tashi0106 said:
Errrrr plywood is that Emilia girl the actress who plays Dany? I just had a fuckin moment of clarity. Lol
Lol, yes.

I'm tempted to take up your offer on the books, knowing me though I'd finish them two years from now however.

Tashi

Plywood said:
Lol, yes.

I'm tempted to take up your offer on the books, knowing me though I'd finish them two years from now however.

Well you would be the first, I haven't gotten a PM yet and it's getting kinda late. Say the word and they're yours.

FyreWulff

OuterWorldVoice said:
You won't believe this, but we didn't lock away a skull, we added it. Kinect was added too. A lot of stuff was piled on through sher ebullience and wanton disregard for the realities of production.. The philosophical issue to folks who care about this stuff may be that it doesn't matter how or why it ended up that way, just that it did. But somebody somewhere will actually feel better about the fact that when asked if we could add something as preorder incentive that was meaningful, without actually affecting the game for anyone else, we added this.

It's a subtle distinction, but I think ultimately a meaningful one, albeit to a very few folks,

I'll admit that I don't care if it was made first then locked or added later just as a bonus, it still leads to userbase splitting, which flaming heads/honor guard wraiths/johnsons do not do. Since cancelling my preorder would not not register as anything I'm probably going to elect to just not redeem my GFS code. Kinect stuff doesn't split an userbase either since that's just information and the stuff you can do with voice you can already do with the controller, we can expect someone in the community to youtube/screencap all that.

It just sits wrong with me that something part of the gameplay sandbox that will only exist as long as the Live servers are maintained so you can relicense the software key if your 360 breaks down. Even timed exclusivity would have been fine.

Either way the codes and games are more than likely already being printed as we type so I'm aware this isn't going to change.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Tashi0106 said:
Well you would be the first, I haven't gotten a PM yet and it's getting kinda late. Say the word and they're yours.
I think just about everyone else on HaloGAF has read the books by now. I'll throw you my info, if no one else bites I'll take em'.

Tashi

Plywood said:
I think just about everyone else on HaloGAF has read the books by now. I'll throw you my info, if no one else bites I'll take em'.

That's what I figured too. Yea just message me your info, they're yours.

heckfu

Banned
Tashi0106 said:
That's what I figured too. Yea just message me your info, they're yours.

It's my hope that this will start a big wave of philanthropy on here. HaloGAF is already pretty awesome...only up from here!

ElRenoRaven

Letters said:
Dibs on fyrewulfff's skull code in case all three of my preorders come with faulty codes.

343 ain't WB. I don't see the codes being faulty and if they are I don't see them not lifting a finger to fix the problems like WB has.

heckfu said:
It's my hope that this will start a big wave of philanthropy on here. HaloGAF is already pretty awesome...only up from here!
Im in for this ,might have something planned. halo related and not halo related

GhaleonEB

I'm also not fond of gameplay features as exclusive bonuses.
That's why I pre-ordered.

One benefit of no longer being banned - besides, you know, being able to post - is I can go through and format the OT text properly (I did some by text, but didn't try the linking/image tags for fear I'd screw them up in Notepad). I didn't realize it, but I just spent an hour formatting a few sections. My blobs of notes and link dumps actually look organized now. :lol

heckfu said:
HaloGAF has exhibited plenty of philanthropy before, but it's nice to see the recent surge.

I'm always willing to hand out free ass-whuppins. You don't even have to pre-order for one.

FyreWulff

ncsuDuncan said:
HaloGAF has exhibited plenty of philanthropy before, but it's nice to see the recent surge.

I'm always willing to hand out free ass-whuppins. You don't even have to pre-order for one.

Where your curleh hair at?

Tashi

Plywood said:
i'll help anyone get a 50 in reach

oh wait

I actually had a 50 in MLG back in Halo 3 for sale. I don't think it actually sold lol. I don't even remember how I came across an extra 1 month, I just played until it was a 50 and said hey, maybe I should try to sell this lol.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Tashi0106 said:
I actually had a 50 in MLG back in Halo 3 for sale. I don't think it actually sold lol. I don't even remember how I came across an extra 1 month, I just played until it was a 50 and said hey, maybe I should try to sell this lol.
Did you have a team back then or did you run with randoms?

Tashi

Plywood said:
Did you have a team back then or did you run with randoms?

Uhh early on I ran with randoms or just kids on my friends list. I was stuck at like level 43 in MLG for the longest time before I actually got good at Halo 3. 2 guys I used to play Halo 2 with and another kid from Canada formed a team. We were ok and just played GB but we had a lot of fun playing so that's all that really mattered. Around that time I got my stream and met up with some guys from JTV. We were the JTV Dream Team Wanna Be's. :lol That was fun too. Flashback was on that team and we ended up teaming for Orlando so that was fun too.

lybertyboy said:
Handed out some humility at the Anniversary LAN party tonight.

One of the TV's had crazy input lag so Frank & I took turns tricking people into playing on that screen. Good times.
You bro's should have invited me. I set up an impromptu Halo: CE lan at E's house the other year. Shishka got wrecked.

Looks like a lot of fun though, very jealous.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
ncsuDuncan said:
Donated it to a children's charity.

Beards4Kids.

I think the tyke's name was Hitmonchan.
Hitmonchan107 said:
This is awesome.

heckfu said:
I'd be more than happy to kick down some games to HaloGAFers from time to time.

Trasher

heckfu said:
Alright people. PM me in the next 15 minutes and you get your name put in a drawing for an autographed one of these:
14x32hl.png

Just gimme a second hear to clear out some old PMs to make room...ok good to go.

Edit: Anytime now guys.

Edit2: Really?

Edit3: Still no one?

EdzzzzzZZZZZZZzzzzzzZZZZZzzzzzzzZZZZZzzzz

stephen08

It occurred to me earlier just how much I enjoy this franchise. Over the past few weeks I have played a bunch of great games. Gears of War 3, Forza 4. Batman Arkham City, and Battlefield 3. While I have enjoyed all of these games a good deal (especially Arkham City) none of them are the pure fun the Halo games are. Now here we are in early November and with MW3, Skyrim, and Zelda on the horizon and it's a remake of a 10 year old game I have played many times throughout the years with remade maps for a FPS that I have been playing for a year that I find myself anticipating the most. I could play the majority of this content (albeit in lower fidelity) right now if I chose to but somehow I am still excited by the upcoming release.

Kudos to Bungie for making games that set the bar that high and to 343i for keeping the legacy going and hopefully taking it to even greater heights.

Sai-kun

Banned
Hitmonchan107 said:
Thanks, Duncan!

hitmonbeard[/QUOTE]

I...

I...

[img]http://i.somethingawful.com/forumsystem/emoticons/emot-swoon.gif

I am so incredibly stoked for CEA. I cannot wait. Oh, I just remembered that some kid came into work today asking me all about it, telling me he started with Halo 3, and never played 1 or 2, and he was excited to play it. I was like "gosh" :3

stephen08

xxjuicesxx said:
so apparently skyrim and mw3 leaked already? thats pretty crazy.

They come out in a few days, not really surprising at this point in time.

EDIT: Or do you mean stores are breaking street date? That would be a little more surprising.

damnn someone is taking ninja to game 3 for gb 1v1, pretty exciting stuff. i never actually seen him lose a single game so pretty interesting.

hahaha third game ninja got him 14-0 and then he rage quit'd ninjas perfection. funny as fuck. hes finally #1 in 1v1 gbs again.

lol third place guy named "cnt wait halo 4" and the description is gb online warriors think theyre good.

Ramirez

FyreWulff said:
I'll admit that I don't care if it was made first then locked or added later just as a bonus, it still leads to userbase splitting, which flaming heads/honor guard wraiths/johnsons do not do. Since cancelling my preorder would not not register as anything I'm probably going to elect to just not redeem my GFS code. Kinect stuff doesn't split an userbase either since that's just information and the stuff you can do with voice you can already do with the controller, we can expect someone in the community to youtube/screencap all that.

It just sits wrong with me that something part of the gameplay sandbox that will only exist as long as the Live servers are maintained so you can relicense the software key if your 360 breaks down. Even timed exclusivity would have been fine.

Either way the codes and games are more than likely already being printed as we type so I'm aware this isn't going to change.

lol, good grief.

I'll tell you one thing I love about Halo, and that is its visual clarity. BF3 can be so frustrating because it's nigh impossible to see people under certain conditions. Reach added the crap filter, I want Halo 4 to return to the crisp clean visuals of the past games.

Zoolader

Ramirez said:
Reach added the crap filter, I want Halo 4 to return to the crisp clean visuals of the past games.
Please for the love of Halo leave that horrible grain filter out of Halo 4. But if it ends up making a return please atleast have it optional like Mass Effect did.

Saw this gem in the youtube comments of 343's gameplay they posted today.

why do they have to re valance everything again... reach was perfect the way it was... now we will have nobs that camp with the sword and no way to stop them unless we have another sword or shotgun...and a lot of noobs spamming with the pistol (cause there were not be kick back from the gun)...and the AR, armorlock, and active camo got fucked up too

FyreWulff

Ramirez said:
lol, good grief.

I'll tell you one thing I love about Halo, and that is its visual clarity. BF3 can be so frustrating because it's nigh impossible to see people under certain conditions. Reach added the crap filter, I want Halo 4 to return to the crisp clean visuals of the past games.

Enjoy your 3 Firefight skulls locked out because you didn't buy the Mattrick Edition of Halo 4. Just like Anniversary's pre-order only skull, they'll be rehashes of Halo 2 skulls added to sell a few more copies at launch.

413152-2003793496_large.jpg

Value add.

?FX2#-#4D74-426DQ-H??CM-TW6#Z

quote for answer key

Top Bottom