• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT7| What are They to Say Now?

FyreWulff

Steelyuhas said:
Well most of the changes are for the Anniversary gametype, to emulate CE as much as possible. That includes the active camo and OS pickups, faster movement speed, no AA's, melee is bleedthrough I'm sure, but CE's melee is not the thunderstick melee of H3 and Reach.

My only question at this point is this:

Is Grunt Funeral a timed exclusive for preorders, is just automatically unlocked for preorders and you can still go find it, or is a preorder exclusive forever?

I'm still miffed that an actual gameplay element is being locked up as a retailer incentive. Pretty much means we can't use it in campaign challenges or SLASO runs. (SLASOMGF?)

FyreWulff said:

Is Grunt Funeral a timed exclusive for preorders, is just automatically unlocked for preorders and you can still go find it, or is a preorder exclusive forever?

I'm still miffed that an actual gameplay element is being locked up as a retailer incentive. Pretty much means we can't use it in campaign challenges or SLASO runs. (SLASOMGF?)
Yeah, I'm still wondering about this. I really hope it's not a preorder only deal.

daedalius

Steelyuhas said:
Well most of the changes are for the Anniversary gametype, to emulate CE as much as possible. That includes the active camo and OS pickups, faster movement speed, no AA's, melee is bleedthrough I'm sure, but CE's melee is not the thunderstick melee of H3 and Reach.

What?

Blinding

Rickenslacker said:
Sure. I still have it installed. I'm down.

Same, though I'll probably have to create an alt account due to H2V having issues with Family Gold accounts (won't bring up any servers in the server list and won't connect to a match via quick match.)

feel

Damn, that Classic seems horrible with blooming reticule all over the place and super fast kills...

Any chance of a Halo 2 playlist?? :/

edit-

bah, I should stop caring about Halo mp until Halo 4.. Reach matchmaking is unsalvageable apparently

FyreWulff

lybertyboy said:
Handed out some humility at the Anniversary LAN party tonight.

One of the TV's had crazy input lag so Frank & I took turns tricking people into playing on that screen. Good times.

Hey David, I don't want to jump you but is this question answerable?

Letters said:
Damn, that Classic seems horrible with blooming reticule all over the place and super fast kills...

Any chance of a Halo 2 playlist?? :/

No fall damage didn't make the cut, so we're missing an element of the Halo 2 Experience™

FyreWulff

Ramirez said:
If the skull means that much to you, why not just preorder?

I already have a preorder. I don't see why that would matter though - my issue is that an actual gameplay mechanism is being locked behind a retailer bonus, instead of just a skin. Even if I preorder and unlock the skull with my code, I still can't use the skull for challenges since (currently) only preorders will have it, and only in countries where the code is available.

lybertyboy said:
Handed out some humility at the Anniversary LAN party tonight.

One of the TV's had crazy input lag so Frank & I took turns tricking people into playing on that screen. Good times.
Yeah... both bad at Halo, so you needed some naughty tricks to win. Cocopjojo rocked the party, right?

FyreWulff said:

There will be no campaign challenges for Halo: CEA.

feel

FyreWulff said:
No fall damage didn't make the cut, so we're missing an element of the Halo 2 Experience™
Well, so is the BR, fast acceleration, clean visuals, decent vehicles, etc.

I just want a playlist in Reach with a style of gameplay that feels like it belongs next to Halo 2 and 3. We had good settings going on custom games with the 5 shot ZeroBloom DMR.

Ramirez

StalkerUKCG said:
Your missing the point, its not his worry of the skull its a worry for the greater community. SLASO will be effected by it

The humanity...

Letters, I think you're just gonna have to cross your fingers that Halo 4 doesn't suck complete dick, I really feel they've done about all they can do to Reach with their time, and it still wasn't enough to make it enjoyable, lol.

lybertyboy

Thinks the Evil Empire is just misunderstood.
Dax01 said:
I liked the Hang 'Em High gameplay video. Looks fun. Can 343 alter the rate of fire of the pistol? Maybe that's why they left bloom in.
The Halo: CE pistol had a form of bloom that wasn't shown visually. We're merely replicating that as close as possible in the Anniversary gametype.

Ramirez said:
The humanity...
Oh come on yeah you dont care but some of us do. SLASO runs will be split between GF and none GF and its pretty crappy for the fan base. People still dont like they dont have Flaming Helmets, Recon and The chest piece.

Ramirez

StalkerUKCG said:
Oh come on yeah you dont care but some of us do. SLASO runs will be split between GF and none GF and its pretty crappy for the fan base. People still dont like they dont have Flaming Helmets, Recon and The chest piece.

Well if Hyper is right, there won't even be campaign challenges for CEA, so get your tears ready.

People who are still worried about flaming helmets, recon, and chest pieces are idiots.

FyreWulff

Hypertrooper said:
There will be no campaign challenges for Halo: CEA.

Not talking about in-game challenges. There's the SLASO/HighSpeedHalo community and sites like Halocharts and my own FTZ that have campaign challenges.

Library behind Kinect paywall - I don't like it, but it doesn't split or affect the community.

Sergeant Johnson in ODST - Just a skin, doesn't split or change gameplay

Reach's preorder/first shipment Recon helmet and Gamestop - just a visual/skin element, doesn't affect gameplay.

A skull being locked up - This would be like locking Catch or Mythic behind a retailer bonus and splits the community, since non-preorder SLASOs would be at a different difficulty level than preorder SLASOs.

I would have preferred an avatar item or given everyone a code that unlocks the full Mark 5 getup in Reach's armory without having to buy the pieces over locking away a skull. Just saiyan'

It'd also be nice if the Johnson and Gamestop armor/Recon helmet were just made open downloads, but that's for another post

FyreWulff

Hypertrooper said:
Keep the kids in mind!

Is SLASO even possible? Bandana gives you unlimited ammo. Famine and Recession reduce the ammo. lol. Sounds dumb to me to do a SLASO run.

Blind has been mooted by screen cheerios, but Blind-less runs are still not accepted by SLASO diehards :)

It'll be interesting to see how those skulls stack though.

Ramirez said:
Well if Hyper is right, there won't even be campaign challenges for CEA, so get your tears ready.

People who are still worried about flaming helmets, recon, and chest pieces are idiots.

I havnt said one word about campaign challenges.. Its not all about the credits you know brah.

Nothing about people being abit dishearted about not getting a preorder bonus for a certain reason makes them idiots, 343/bungie could of made them free by now. Same as johnson in ODST.

You obviously dont care about the issue so you dont understand where my self and fyrewulf are coming from with this.

heckfu

Banned
Picking a name at random in 15 minutes. So far I have Judder, Dax, and Ram. If you want in for a free copy of Deus Ex let me know.

(US Only, apologies again)

Ramirez

StalkerUKCG said:
You obviously dont care about the issue so you dont understand where my self and fyrewulf are coming from with this.

You're right, I don't. There's so much more important stuff to worry about in this game (for me) than whether or not a skull is going to be available to everyone.

1/3 chance, LETS GO!

Ramirez said:
You're right, I don't. There's so much more important stuff to worry about in this game (for me) than whether or not a skull is going to be available to everyone.
Great thats settled then.

Halo 2 remake 2014 halo 5 2015? Lets do this 343 i got your back, Moral support coming your way "aaaaaand crunch time go!!"

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
heckfu said:
Picking a name at random in 15 minutes. So far I have Judder, Dax, and Ram. If you want in for a free copy of Deus Ex let me know.

(US Only, apologies again)
Throw me in.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Sai-kun said:
son of a

fuck off plywood/karl >:|
u angry?
Tashi0106 said:
This recent blackout got me reading A Clash of Kings again. I don't like this new avatar of yours! It's really creepy too lol
I'm at a struggle for picking a new Dany avatar, I figure I'll likely have a new one once Season 2 starts. Til' then it's psycho Emilia.

edit: Congrats Tashi.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Ramirez said:
Look what you've done!

^ Finish ACOK and get started on ASOS, you will get a 1000x more enjoyment out of that than playing Reach.

I doubt that, I was no scoping the fuck out of some kid today in matchmaking. It was soooo much fun. :lol

But yea, I'm glad my interest in this book has sparked again. Shit is so good.

edit: And I win. Thanks heck! <3

Top Bottom