• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT7| What are They to Say Now?

Slightly Live said:
The VGA news machine starts tomorrow. Let's hope we get to see something interesting from 343.
GT has a big Halo promotion right now. I don't think that we will get information tomorrow. More at the end of this promotion.

Kuroyume

Banned
When the magnum appears in matchmaking will it be exclusive to Anniversary owners/new maps or will it be available to everyone with Reach as soon as the playlist goes up?

wwm0nkey

Hypertrooper said:
GT has a big Halo promotion right now. I don't think that we will get information tomorrow. More at the end of this promotion.
I just hope 343i doesnt try to make it like a surprise announcement, I want to know its at the VGA's before hand.

Kuroyume said:
When the magnum appears in matchmaking will it be exclusive to Anniversary owners/new maps or will it be available to everyone with Reach as soon as the playlist goes up?

The playlist will probably be DLC required, but the gametype could be saved and used by people without CEA.

Blinding

Kuroyume said:

I'd assume the gametype that features it will work with everyone that has the patch, as for being able to go into the playlist, depends on if the maps are only the ones included with CE:A or not.

Zoolader

Blinding said:
I'd assume the gametype that features it will work with everyone that has the patch, as for being able to go into the playlist, depends on if the maps are only the ones included with CE:A or not.

I thought it had a different rof, which I thought meant a new version of the magnum which would only be available in the new maps.... I could be wrong

Zoolader said:
I thought it had a different rof, which I thought meant a new version of the magnum which would only be available in the new maps.... I could be wrong

It does have a different rate of fire but im pretty sure its just a gametype setting.

FyreWulff

Zoolader said:

It's on all the maps. Hence 1.0 not being compatible with 1.1 on LAN. I would have preferred they had just put it on the new maps, because we all know everyone is looking forward to using the Halo 1 pistol on Spire.

No idea why it's being held back since people are just going to fileshare it at midnight for the rest of the userbase.

Value add.

FyreWulff said:
It's on all the maps. Hence 1.0 not being compatible with 1.1 on LAN. I would have preferred they had just put it on the new maps, because we all know everyone is looking forward to using the Halo 1 pistol on Spire.

No idea why it's being held back since people are just going to fileshare it at midnight for the rest of the userbase.

Value add.

Im not looking forward to the pistol at all. DMR ill dong on you, BR ill dong on you. H1Pistol? ill just sit in the corner dont mind me

FyreWulff

StalkerUKCG said:
Im not looking forward to the pistol at all. DMR ill dong on you, BR ill dong on you. H1Pistol? ill just sit in the corner dont mind me

It'll be that missing spark that Boneyard needed. Don't worry.

Hey fyrewulf about your tweet: I think the Halo 1 pistole is a new weapon and exclusive to the Anniversary maps. So I aint thinking that you can get the pistole via the Anniversary gametypes. But I think I'm wrong.

Zoolader

Hypertrooper said:
Hey fyrewulf about your tweet: I think the Halo 1 pistole is a new weapon and exclusive to the Anniversary maps. So I aint thinking that you can get the pistole via the Anniversary gametypes. But I think I'm wrong.

That's what I thought, but then again they didn't change the clip size which they could have done with a new pistol. I didn't think they were able to change rof on any weapon.

Oh yay bulletin is up!

FyreWulff

Hypertrooper said:

From what I remember and from the TU panel, it's a Megalo hook that changes the pistol. Should be on all maps. I think Frankie confirmed it in a previous thread too, but Google Custom Search is subpar.

Changing the clip size would have required UI changes which Shishka said was out of scope at the TU panel.

There was no setup at Halofest that had both the Reach Magnum and the H1 Reach Magnum in the same game, at least. It was either bloom DMR/Pistol with the AA changes on the new maps, Bloomless DMR/NR/Pistol on the new maps, or the H1P on new maps.

This is what I played there:

Bloomy on Prisoner
ZBS on Beaver Creek
H1P on Timberlands

I actually wanted to try the H1P on Prisoner but I think I just was never there at the right time.

That being said, I'm vetoing the shit out of any attempt to vote for H1P gametypes. Hopefully they make BTB DLC required so I can get Headlong in normal Reach.

wwm0nkey

Spock.png

Holy Shit! XD

blamite

I hope that isn't the actual Anniversary gametype (in the Hang 'em High video). Movement looks too fast, jumping looks too low. And bloom, bloom everywhere. The map looks great though.

FyreWulff

Zoolader said:
Oh my goodness!

That High Noon gameplay trailer looks amazing, even if the pistol still has bloom...

It works just like the Halo 1 pistol:

Pulse trigger - essentially no/minimal bloom

Hold trigger - automatically fires and blooms out

Zoolader

FyreWulff said:
It works just like the Halo 1 pistol:

Pulse trigger - essentially no/minimal bloom

Hold trigger - automatically fires and blooms out

This might be true, guess i'll have to wait and see how it feels for myself. It just seems very distracting while trying to track and land headshots on a target across the map.

Anniversary gametype on Hang em' High.

It's beautiful!
34ihlbn.jpg

Thanks for delivering on the gameplay vid David!

Also worth note, of all the beauty in that video, the best part might be the non-thunderous melee.

Finally, been confirmed several times that "CE" magnum is for all maps, so it has to be tied to the Anniversary gametype.

CEA HYPE ENGAGE!

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
Great Bulletin this week. I live a few minutes away from Valley Fair so I'll be able to go to that event on November 14, no problem. Looking forward to it. :)

Letters said:
Fun update. (iphone Reader didn't kick in though... grrrr)

Youtube link to the "Classic" vid?
Just for you.

Domino Theory said:
Great Bulletin this week. I live a few minutes away from Valley Fair so I'll be able to go to that event on November 14, no problem. Looking forward to it. :)
I really hope Microsoft Germany is doing a Midnight launch for Halo 4. :( Would love to attend one. I hope you'll have fun.

kylej

Banned
wwm0nkey said:
Spock.png

Holy Shit! XD

Too bad American Chopper isn't relevant anymore. You could pull off a mean Paul Jr for Halloween. Need some neon Oakleys and an OCC shirt and you're golden.

FyreWulff

I'd probably be interested but I assume it doesn't have Legacy sticks.

Also would anyone be interested in a Halo 2 Vista night on H2's birthday on the 9th?

wwm0nkey

FyreWulff said:
I'd probably be interested but I assume it doesn't have Legacy sticks.

Also would anyone be interested in a Halo 2 Vista night on H2's birthday on the 9th?
I am up for some H2V on the 9th since I will have the day off.

daedalius

So what have we learned from the gameplay video?

Active camo pickup is back.

AR buff? Looks like it was popping shields quick. Could have just been some previous damage.

3sk pistol is hitscan, figured it was going to be. Has bloom, looks about like the same bloom as pistol currently, but obviously massively more powerful.

No melee bleedthrough? Looked like there was a shield pop every time.

Faster movement speed? No AAs at all.

Shields look to still START recharging and recharge at the same rate.

Calm Killer

In all media, only true fans who consume every book, film, game, or pog collection deserve to know what's going on.
Why do they even try to blur out the gamertags? You can clearly see the names once the cross hairs are on the target....

FyreWulff

daedalius said:

3sk pistol is hitscan, figured it was going to be. Has bloom, looks about like the same bloom as pistol currently, but obviously massively more powerful.

We've known these since Halofest, and AC as a pickup was already in Team Classic before. The classic variants of the H1 pack maps have the powerups as pickups where applicable

daedalius

FyreWulff said:
We've known these since Halofest, and AC as a pickup was already in Team Classic before. The classic variants of the H1 pack maps have the powerups as pickups where applicable

Yea I figured the pistol may have changed since Halofest.

But yea, I guess I had heard about the powerups already.

daedalius said:

AR buff? Looks like it was popping shields quick. Could have just been some previous damage.

No melee bleedthrough? Looked like there was a shield pop every time.

Faster movement speed? No AAs at all.

Shields look to still START recharging and recharge at the same rate.

Well most of the changes are for the Anniversary gametype, to emulate CE as much as possible. That includes the active camo and OS pickups, faster movement speed, no AA's, melee is bleedthrough I'm sure, but CE's melee is not the thunderstick melee of H3 and Reach.

Top Bottom