• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT7| What are They to Say Now?

ElRenoRaven

GhaleonEB said:
I took "vanilla Reach" to mean the original experience, untouched by the TU changes.

Regardless, I'm one of those guys hoping vanilla Reach (as so defined) gets tweaked, particularly by the inclusion of the AA tweaks.

From a playlist management perspective, it gets really messy really fast if there is that kind of bleed-through of TU features, though. It's going to be tough to communicate changes to players - what mix of tweaks are in what playlists - if there is overlap between "classic" and "vanilla" Reach playlists.

Also, I got through all of Winter Contingency today, hoping to find that last Moa. I'm assuming there are exactly 15, as I saw Jorge mow one down in the last encounter before we left for the communications outpost after I'd killed 14 of them, and never found another. The jerk.

Tomorrow, which is one week before the game ships per GAF rules. I'm 90% done, just some text to draft and tweaks to make. I'm waiting on m0dus' art. I'll ping him later today and see how it's coming, we were both working toward an 8th publication.

It's a simpler, more compact (single post) OT, which I think I'll do going forward. Reach's was a bit overboard. :lol

That's good to hear. I look forward to it. Also good to see it one post. Just happened to be reading a thread gaming side about long OTs and there was one linked that's just crazy. It's like 12 posts long.

Slightly Live said:
Holy fuzzbuckets at the Mass Effect 3 leak. The entire game's story, along with every major event in the game has been spoiled thanks to hackers datamining the private Beta of the demo that Microsoft accidently leaked via the Dashboard update.

Just wow.

Imagine it had been Halo 4...
As a follow up twist to this, GAF got a C&D, the thread has been nuked.

GhaleonEB

PsychoRaven said:
That's good to hear. I look forward to it. Also good to see it one post. Just happened to be reading a thread gaming side about long OTs and there was one linked that's just crazy. It's like 12 posts long.
MGS4's was 39 posts long.

I had the outlines and structure put down before it was posted, but in broad strokes it's similar in size and style to the Skyrim OT. I made a few formatting tweaks I liked from that one now that I've got most of the content built.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Zeouterlimits said:
As a follow up twist to this, GAF got a C&D, the thread has been nuked.

Holy shit. Things have got a bit fuzzed up. Is there a link explaining why the thread was nuked or about the C&D?

GhaleonEB said:
Same. I'm 34 and have to really watch it. I put on 10lbs earlier this year letting my diet slide a bit. I recalibrated, and had to moderate my diet and add more excecise to slowly drop it off. I'm doing well now, but it's frustrating making constant trade offs. Especially around the holidays; I'm so used to not having to hold back, I have to stop and remind myself I'm not 20 any longer. A day or two of indulging and I'm cutting back for a week or so to compensate.

Aging. :\
Amen, brother. I get a final release from the doctor this week to get off of any restrictions from my surgery, so I'm ready to start my post-Halloween workout/diet.

Hypertrooper said:

OMG 42 POWER WEAPONS!

Striker said:
What 343 needs to do is wipe Evade out of the game unless it is used for Invasion or in Elite Slayer. Shit is annoying to play against, and lately I've mostly played BTB. Why Bungie opted to go to Evade and not Hologram after removing the Drop Shield (Team Objective) completely boggles my mind.

Truer words, they have never been spoken.

FyreWulff

Dis gonna be a good week coming up. C:EA, Saints Row 3, and then right into Skyward Sword.

And to top it off, Rock Band 3 is getting a TU tommorow that adds Black Hole Sun and Dani California as playable songs again.

Good times.

kylej said:
Sub-HD waggle fantasy game. barf. Wind Waker is one of my favorite games OAT and OoT is a masterpiece but the Wii auto-ruins all games with its shittiness.
Lol, Kyle you need to expand your master trolling to the rest of GAF.

Armor lock is great in the new TU Beta settings, it barely bothers me. Annoying jetpacks are a little less annoying because they die even faster.

ZB settings should be 110% jump and 150% gravity imo.

Trasher

vhfive said:
Game of Thrones is easily my favorite fantasy series. EVERYONE IF YOU HAVEN'T YET READ GAME OF THRONES NOW.
No such thing, bro. That series doesn't exist!

Song of Ice and Fire is what you are looking for I believe :p

Random idea: To solve the issue of Bumper Jumpers not really being able to use Jetpack and aim, what if holding Jump activated the Jetpack after you reach max jump height? Guess it's not really that big of an issue but it seems simple enough that I'm surprised I've never seen it mentioned before.

GhaleonEB

FyreWulff said:
Dis gonna be a good week coming up. C:EA, Saints Row 3, and then right into Skyward Sword.

And to top it off, Rock Band 3 is getting a TU tommorow that adds Black Hole Sun and Dani California as playable songs again.

Good times.
My schedule:

Finish CEA OT tonight.

Post it tomorrow.

Vacation (Great Wolf Lodge) Wednesday and Thursday.

Another vacation day on Friday for Skyrim.

Play Skyrim all weekend. (In fierce competition with my daughter.)

Oh. Yeah.

Trasher

Hmmmm. So the Hardened edition looks like it's the way to go eh? Dammit. Now I wish I would have preordered one. The chances of finding one are probably pretty slim tonight I'm gonna assume.

GhaleonEB said:
My schedule:

Finish CEA OT tonight.

Post it tomorrow.

Oh. Yeah.

CEA OT? GAF is going to condem it for being over a paragraph and 2 images.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
GhaleonEB said:
My schedule:

Finish CEA OT tonight.

Post it tomorrow.

Oh. Yeah.

Great Wolf Lodge you say? Make a one hour detour North and I will make it worth your while.

TheOddOne

GhaleonEB said:
Tomorrow, which is one week before the game ships per GAF rules. I'm 90% done, just some text to draft and tweaks to make. I'm waiting on m0dus' art. I'll ping him later today and see how it's coming, we were both working toward an 8th publication.

It's a simpler, more compact (single post) OT, which I think I'll do going forward. Reach's was a bit overboard. :lol
Can't wait!

Halo HD and Skyrim, life is good. My friends are trying to persuade me to get MW3, but I don't share the same enthusiasm as them :(

OuterWorldVoice said:
Great Wolf Lodge you say? Make a one hour detour North and I will make it worth your while.
*Ghaleon drives an hour North.*

"Here's a free copy of Cryptum on audiobook! You can listen to it on the drive back!"

*CEA OT gets deleted.*

lybertyboy said:
Is this an internet Booty™ call?
Age of Booty™? You've been hanging around those Certain Affinity guys too much.

GhaleonEB

OuterWorldVoice said:
This can be arranged. I will make is so.
ncsuDuncan said:
*Ghaleon drives an hour North.*

"Here's a free copy of Cryptum on audiobook! You can listen to it on the drive back!"

*CEA OT gets deleted.*
Nearly shot Diet Dr. Pepper all over my laptop. :lol
lybertyboy said:
Is this an internet Booty™ call?
I should probably leave the wife and kids at the hotel then? Might be awkward otherwise.

GhaleonEB said:
This can be arranged. I will make is so.

Nearly shot Diet Dr. Pepper all over my laptop. :lol

I should probably leave the wife and kids at the hotel then? Might be awkward otherwise.
I hope you're making candy for Frankie.

ElRenoRaven

Hypertrooper said:
I hope you're making candy for Frankie.

Oh he's making Frankie some candy alright if you catch my drift.

Did you think I meant something other then candy? Get your mind out of the gutter

Damn evade is really annoying.

P.S: Headlong and Timberland better have some shield doors in their forge palette, people love shield doors right?

Glasslands spoiler:
Shield doors are fucking awesome

MrBig

Lazslo said:
HaloGaf BTB One Flag on HeadLong for hours in a week. Believe.
I'm so sad that I'm not going to be joining in on that, and that I'm going to have to pay extra for them later :(
My favorite halo map ever

Donat

Neo Member
So GAF, I finally finished this piece after beginning with it just after the Reach beta ended (the pistol was sooo good!). I dropped it 1 or 2 days after I began working on it and picked it up again a couple of days ago. Just wanted to share.

Click for larger versions:

(yes I know, it's not 100% accurate)

Now to texture it and build a scene. Shouldn't take too long
except when I drop it again to work on something else (read: play Skyrim).

Top Bottom