• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT7| What are They to Say Now?

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Sai-kun said:
Ugh, why?

Don't worry, I'll get you one for sure.

StalkerUKCG said:
Aww how come? ill try and snag you a second code, i have connections.

In 100% unrelated note Frankie check your pms

But seriously i might be able to no promises but you know.

Thanks guys. =)

Just some shitty luck and bad timing. Hopefully I'll be able to get a copy on the Friday of that week.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
OuterWorldVoice said:
bumped for new page.
:lol

Ohhh Ghaleon is there going to be a title for the thread?

Halo CE: Anniversary OT - This is how you do a real HD remake

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Tashi0106 said:
Halo CE: Anniversary OT - This is how you do a real HD remake
Please.

I was watching my girlfriend play Ico. Come on, guys. There are like, 10 textures in the whole game. Uprez them at least.

heckfu

Banned
StalkerUKCG said:
Oh please frankie stroke it some more
your "ego" what else did you think

You're officially on notice for your second overly creepy comment in 24 hours.
slut

wwm0nkey

Lyphen said:
Please.

I was watching my girlfriend play Ico. Come on, guys. There are like, 10 textures in the whole game. Uprez them at least.
While I do wish that game would get HD textures its still a damn beautiful game.

heckfu

Banned
StalkerUKCG said:
Sadly not, It was based on pics of the people id seen and the ones i hadnt seen where either randomly generated by my mind or i didnt see at all.

heckfu someone pretty large in my dream was just a normal dude in a green shirt.

about your dream. maybe it was longer than 24 hours ago...but my point stands.
pumpkin slut

TOM T 117

Neo Member
Domino Theory said:
Do we know of any tweaks to Anniversary gametypes since Halo Fest/the TU Beta playlist?
The ZB pistol is becoming a 1 shot kill and its spread is being massively increased
to balance it.

I am wondering about bullet spread myself. The pistol is unbearable in the TU Beta and should only be a pickup, to minimise the frequency of pistol duels. I am curious as to whether spread has been narrowed in Anniversary/Classic, as there will be greater emphasis on the weapon?

heckfu said:
about your dream. maybe it was longer than 24 hours ago...but my point stands.
pumpkin slut

Your just sad you where essentially faceless. and when i said "someone pretty large" i wasnt talking about that.

Esh.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
wwm0nkey said:
While I do wish that game would get HD textures its still a damn beautiful game.
Kind of. I really dislike the environments, and the save couch is an especially jarring and confusing thing to see. The animations and everything are top notch, and definitely alleviates some of my problems with it, but it's just not a very attractive 40$ sight on a big HD TV. Whatever, her time her money!

At least it isn't a Wii game though, count me on the skipping Skyward Sword boat, skipper.
New Play Control WiiU! title, please.

wwm0nkey

Lyphen said:
Kind of. I really dislike the environments, and the save couch is an especially jarring and confusing thing to see. The animations and everything are top notch, and definitely alleviates some of my problems with it, but it's just not a very attractive 40$ sight on a big HD TV. Whatever, her time her money!

At least it isn't a Wii game though, count me on the skipping Skyward Sword boat, skipper.
New Play Control WiiU! title, please.
The only reason I am getting Skyward Sword is because its a prequel to all the Zelda games and because I will be playing it in 1080p on my emulator.
(If you didnt know all Nintendo games usually upscale very very nicely)

GECK

TOM T 117 said:
I am wondering about bullet spread myself. The pistol is unbearable in the TU Beta and should only be a pickup, to minimise the frequency of pistol duels.

If by unbearable you mean fucking awesome. Then yeah.

GECK

TOM T 117 said:
If by fucking awesome you mean inconsistent and unreliable then agreed wholeheartedly!

Reliably gets me plenty of kills. Compared to full bloom + anything it's much more consistent as well.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Plywood said:
You have a new computer and a great connection.

UP YOUR PEEPEE

0x1iB.jpg

+

fios.png

=

I'm better than you

edit: Oh that's my old wallpaper. I wish I had that without the jaggies, that's why I changed it.

TOM T 117

Neo Member
GECK said:
Reliably gets me plenty of kills. Compared to full bloom + anything it's much more consistent as well.
As it is players rapidly fire in the general direction of their opponents head, killing with between 4-8 shots. In terms of dispatching an opponent quickly, it is very efficient and there is no a huge difference in killtime between a perfect 4 shot and killing in 6. The fire rate cap should significantly help resolve the problem, but spread is still a something that is potentially concerning, particularly on larger maps. The pistol will likely fulfill a utilitarian role in Classic, however the TU Beta iteration is not remotely reliable at medium-long range.

The pistol in CE was difficult to use, but it was not inconsistent. My concern is that 343 will have maintained this inconsistency to compensate for Reach's high bullet magnetism & auto-aim and create the illusion of Halo CE, in which even pros struggled to pull off a 3sk on a regular basis. Simply we will be faced with a superficial version of classic.

By no means am I expecting something completely faithful, but I would rather Classic had an obvious skill gap and that comes with reliability and consistency; the knowledge you out shot your opponent and opportunity to strive to get better. The greater the degree of randomness, the further the reality will stray from the ideal.

Just curious but is HaloGAF getting MW3? I always get excited about COD and it always is a horribly designed game. COD 4 got it right, WAW was ehhh, MW2 was horrible, Black Ops was ehhh. Every year since COD4 I think "maybe this year they will release a game as good as COD4 again". I got both MW2 and BO on launch but I think I will be skipping out on this one until Black Friday.

Ken

Awesome Barlow said:
Just curious but is HaloGAF getting MW3? I always get excited about COD and it always is a horribly designed game. COD 4 got it right, WAW was ehhh, MW2 was horrible, Black Ops was ehhh. Every year since COD4 I think "maybe this year they will release a game as good as COD4 again". I got both MW2 and BO on launch but I think I will be skipping out on this one until Black Friday.

I picked up MW, MW2, and BLOPS, but MW3 looks too similar to the previous titles that I'll be passing on it.

That and Skyrim comes out this week, and next week is packed.

GECK

TOM T 117 said:
The pistol will likely fulfill a utilitarian role in Classic, however the TU Beta iteration is not remotely reliable at medium-long range.

So? Use the DMR for long range like it was meant for.

And Pistols are fun. First time in 3 Halos the Pistol has been fun and effective to play with. Your suggestive fix would result in AR (truly, the epitome of consistency) duels in Slayer and everybody ignoring their secondary completely in Slayer DMRs, basically, the status quo.

The Classic Pistol is already confirmed to have it's ROF capped. But the current TU pistol is not only a face wrecking machine, it actually makes AR/Pistol starts interesting and gives us an effective counter vs the DMR.

heckfu

Banned
HaloGAF, I need help. Give me good suggestions for a new game-related ringtone. Only want instrumental, no words, etc.

Havok

Barrow Roll said:
But then I gots no avatars when I browse on a PC. Besides, without avatars I wouldn't know who anyone is. Face it mang, 50ppp has it's uses.
You can use the settings in the webapp (not at the account level) to turn avatars off, just as a cookie on your phone or whatever (the Settings button on the forum listing). I do that on my shitty iPhone 3G and still have avatars on my other devices.

Plywood said:
I will not bend my opinion this matter.
Then you are already lost.

Havok said:
You can use the settings in the webapp to turn avatars off that aren't on the account level, but just as a cookie on your phone or whatever (the Settings button on the forum listing). I do that on my shitty iPhone 3G and still have avatars on my other devices.
Like I said post-edit, I wouldn't know who anyone is without avatars.

heckfu said:
HaloGAF, I need help. Give me good suggestions for a new game-related ringtone. Only want instrumental, no words, etc.
Opening intro to 'Blow Me Away' by Breaking Benjamin via the Halo 2 OST perhaps?

Homeboyd

Can anyone provide the forging limits for the CEA maps? Does Timberland have a full FW palette? Are the others just slightly edit-able? Any other confirmed remarks?

Top Bottom